Post Reply 371 posts
The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate FULL*)
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate FULL*)

    by KevinP » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:12 am

    Let's discuss the upcoming baseball season. And let's try to be civil and not bash each other's teams til the cows come home. If mooyagi and I can keep it civil everyone else should be able to with no problem.

    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

    EDIT: pipe dream I had, so let the hate spread if you want to :lol:
    Last edited by KevinP on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by Laura » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 am

    Yay....another thread I can completely ignore along with Xbox gamers (since the only video game I ever played was Pong), the Fitness Thread (since I'm totally lazy when it comes to that), Cheers & Beers (since MGD et al suits me just fine), and ANY thread having to do with sports (I avoid sports, in particular baseball, football, and basketball like the plague) :P See Kev, there are actually quite a few things in my "do not like" category. :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 am

    Civil? That's no fun! I guess we can be civil here but all the hate will have to flow out onto other threads :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:31 am

    I am, naturally, extremely excited for the season. Ordered my mlb.tv package to I can watch every game during the season (aside from local ones) on my PS3, and I get to pick which team's broadcast to watch. Already caught a couple of spring training games.

    Aside from me going for the Red Sox and Kevin going for the Evil Empire, what other fans are out there? The National League race will be interesting to see if anyone can beat Philly's rotation.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by WizardBeast » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 am

    i don't follow sports much in general, but i do like good ol' baseball and I will be paying attention to see what the Rockies do - they are known to surprise us every now and then. I was there for the streak in 07 and many of the playoff games (though i had been going all season). I usually go to plenty of Rox games since they are very inexpensive, we have great weather, and i live only a few miles from Coors Field. Yay for baseball season! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

    yes, gonna be hard to beat the Phils this year i think.

    i also have mlb.tv.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 am

    mooyagi wrote:I am, naturally, extremely excited for the season. Ordered my mlb.tv package to I can watch every game during the season (aside from local ones) on my PS3, and I get to pick which team's broadcast to watch. Already caught a couple of spring training games.

    Aside from me going for the Red Sox and Kevin going for the Evil Empire, what other fans are out there? The National League race will be interesting to see if anyone can beat Philly's rotation.


    Hmm, I usually just order MLB Extra Innings and I get it through my cable box, but I don't always have the option of which broadcast to watch. Can you get MLB.TV thru the Xbox ? (yet another thing we are polar opposite on :lol: )

    Would be nice to stream thru the Xbox, but that then limits my ability to watch it in the bedroom late a night :cry:

    I did just order a sports package for $7 so I an get the YES network for all the pre and post game Yankee goodness. I think NESN is included in that package too.
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 am

    tyrwoman wrote: See Kev, there are actually quite a few things in my "do not like" category. :P


    Yeah but I'm wanting a little "piss and vinegar" out of you eventually. Not liking is only part of the way. Unleash your inner rage for us. :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:47 am

    KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I am, naturally, extremely excited for the season. Ordered my mlb.tv package to I can watch every game during the season (aside from local ones) on my PS3, and I get to pick which team's broadcast to watch. Already caught a couple of spring training games.

    Aside from me going for the Red Sox and Kevin going for the Evil Empire, what other fans are out there? The National League race will be interesting to see if anyone can beat Philly's rotation.


    Hmm, I usually just order MLB Extra Innings and I get it through my cable box, but I don't always have the option of which broadcast to watch. Can you get MLB.TV thru the Xbox ? (yet another thing we are polar opposite on :lol: )

    Would be nice to stream thru the Xbox, but that then limits my ability to watch it in the bedroom late a night :cry:

    I did just order a sports package for $7 so I an get the YES network for all the pre and post game Yankee goodness. I think NESN is included in that package too.


    I can only get NESN through satellite (fuck you, Time Warner) and the way my apartment is set up (and where I'm allowed to put the dish - makes no sense since I'm on the top fucking floor), I cannot get a signal from it. NESN is included in the sports package, but all broadcast games are blacked out. I'd love to be able to watch the pre and postgame shows :cry:. With mlb.tv you can watch on your computer, your iPhone, your iPad and a few other mediums. The premium subscription lets you pick broadcasts. I'm not sure if it's available on the Xbox. You can probably check the mlb.tv support site. I think it's cheaper than Extra Innings too. The only games blacked out are local and national broadcast games (ESPN, FOX, etc.).
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:49 am

    Kev, here's the link to support devices. No Xbox.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/devices.jsp

    Serves you right for being a Yankees fan :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

    Sorry, had to get one shot in there. :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by WizardBeast » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 am

    mooyagi wrote:
    I can only get NESN through satellite (fuck you, Time Warner) and the way my apartment is set up (and where I'm allowed to put the dish - makes no sense since I'm on the top fucking floor), I cannot get a signal from it. NESN is included in the sports package, but all broadcast games are blacked out. I'd love to be able to watch the pre and postgame shows :cry:. With mlb.tv you can watch on your computer, your iPhone, your iPad and a few other mediums. The premium subscription lets you pick broadcasts. I'm not sure if it's available on the Xbox. You can probably check the mlb.tv support site. I think it's cheaper than Extra Innings too. The only games blacked out are local and national broadcast games (ESPN, FOX, etc.).


    what i like is that when there is a particularly big game i can log in to mlb.tv from work and listen in w/headphones! :cool:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by Laura » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 am

    KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote: See Kev, there are actually quite a few things in my "do not like" category. :P


    Yeah but I'm wanting a little "piss and vinegar" out of you eventually. Not liking is only part of the way. Unleash your inner rage for us. :lol:


    :lol: well, I did say I avoid most sports like the plague, as in The Plague, aka The Black Death - I think that's a pretty strong statement. :P That reminds me...did you know that the Norwegian band 1349 chose that name because that is the year The Plague came to Norway? Aaaaah, those black metal guys.... :twisted: :death: :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:02 pm

    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1851
    Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am
    Location: Lambertville, MI / Toledo, OH

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by Bentz! » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:08 am

    Go Tigers!

    I'll be Cabrera's DD all season if it means they'll make it to the World Series again! 2006 was a total letdown.

    Baseball is my favorite sport to see in person. There's nothing like being outside in the sun / under the lights, knocking back some overpriced beer, and stuffing your face with $2.50 ball park franks.
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:27 am

    Bentz! wrote:Go Tigers!

    I'll be Cabrera's DD all season if it means they'll make it to the World Series again! 2006 was a total letdown.

    Baseball is my favorite sport to see in person. There's nothing like being outside in the sun / under the lights, knocking back some overpriced beer, and stuffing your face with $2.50 ball park franks.


    What stadium can you get a ballpark frank for $2.50 these days? Damn that's cheap. Worst prices I've seen are at Dodger Stadium. $11 for a plastic cup's worth of beer. :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1851
    Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am
    Location: Lambertville, MI / Toledo, OH

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by Bentz! » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:55 am

    mooyagi wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:Go Tigers!

    I'll be Cabrera's DD all season if it means they'll make it to the World Series again! 2006 was a total letdown.

    Baseball is my favorite sport to see in person. There's nothing like being outside in the sun / under the lights, knocking back some overpriced beer, and stuffing your face with $2.50 ball park franks.


    What stadium can you get a ballpark frank for $2.50 these days? Damn that's cheap. Worst prices I've seen are at Dodger Stadium. $11 for a plastic cup's worth of beer. :shock:


    They might be $2.75 (or $3.25) now, but Comerica Park in Detroit. If memory serves me right, you can also get 24 oz cans of Labatt Blue for $8.50 there. I could be totally wrong though, since I've usually had a few (too many) by the time I get into the park.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11137
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 am

    Much like the Seahawks, the Mariners are the only team I've had US only league team I've ever had any sentimental attachment to. I usually wait until playoffs approach and then catch up on the matchups and some of the season story lines then pick a couple teams to cheer for. I must say, I feel quite eager to catch highlights of any Red Sox vs Yankee games for some reason this year though ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:46 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:I feel quite eager to catch highlights of any Red Sox vs Yankee games for some reason this year though ;)


    They are usually 4 hour marathons and the commentators make like every pitch is the 7th game of the World Series. So catching the highlights will save you a boatload of time and uncecessary drama. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1851
    Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am
    Location: Lambertville, MI / Toledo, OH

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by Bentz! » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:04 am

    KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:I feel quite eager to catch highlights of any Red Sox vs Yankee games for some reason this year though ;)


    They are usually 4 hour marathons and the commentators make like every pitch is the 7th game of the World Series. So catching the highlights will save you a boatload of time and uncecessary drama. :mrgreen:


    On that note, I find all baseball announcers that are not my local Detroit announcers to be terribly annoying. Especially annoying to me are Joe Buck and the Joe Morgan / Jon Miller combo that got axed by ESPN... oh and of course any Yankee or Red Sox announcer. ;)
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 am

    Bentz! wrote:
    KevinP wrote:On that note, I find all baseball announcers that are not my local Detroit announcers to be terribly annoying. Especially annoying to me are Joe Buck and the Joe Morgan / Jon Miller combo that got axed by ESPN... oh and of course any Yankee or Red Sox announcer. ;)


    I disagree, besides feeling that the Yankee broadcst team is one of the best in the business (and least impartial), which is also backed up by numerous awards each year, even as a Yankees fan, I enjoy Jerry Remy and Dan Osiolio. They are not "homers" for the Sox and give proper credit to the other team and don't act like whining babies if they team is losing. Remy especially will criticize the Sox players if they do something wrong/not proper. That is the makeup of a good announcer.

    Miller and Morgan were horrific and glad they are gone. A few that I enjoy are Baltimore's Jim Palmer and Gary Thorne, they call it very down the middle.

    Tampa Bay has one of the worst announcing crews as they absolutely despise the Yankees and Red Sox and take cheap shots at players, management all the time. It's horrible that I'm forced to watch their broadcast for any game they play during the year.

    But the single worst team is: The Hawk and the other guy for the Chicago White Sox. Simple laughable how they are still on the air.
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:24 pm

    I love Orsillo and Remdawg! Surprised aren't you? I agree with Kevin that they are for the most part impartial. They are at their best during long drawn out games when they get bored and resort to making fun of random people in the crowd. Especially if a wedding proposal just happened.

    The Yankee announcers are very good as well. The White Sox guys are extremely annoying. One of the best, and he's been doing it forever, is Vin Scully doing the Dodger games. He is just incredible. The way a baseball announcer should be.

    I can't stand the ESPN broadcast teams. Joe Morgan was the worst. Anytime Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are on Fox I put the game on mute.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:04 pm

    mooyagi wrote:I can't stand the ESPN broadcast teams. Joe Morgan was the worst. Anytime Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are on Fox I put the game on mute.


    Same here. Back to the positive bitches!!!!!! :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by tmcasper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:45 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I can't stand the ESPN broadcast teams. Joe Morgan was the worst. Anytime Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are on Fox I put the game on mute.


    Same here. Back to the positive bitches!!!!!! :lol:

    Let me be the voice of reason here.....ahahahhmmmmm....FUCK THE RED SOX!!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: ...just kidding (not really) but seriously this should be a fun season! ...and I planned on elaborating but I am being haggled...
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:18 pm

    tmcasper wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I can't stand the ESPN broadcast teams. Joe Morgan was the worst. Anytime Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are on Fox I put the game on mute.


    Same here. Back to the positive bitches!!!!!! :lol:

    Let me be the voice of reason here.....ahahahhmmmmm....FUCK THE RED SOX!!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: ...just kidding (not really) but seriously this should be a fun season! ...and I planned on elaborating but I am being haggled...


    :roll: Another one of you idiots? Kevin, why can't even spell the fucking word "baseball" correctly in the thread title? Only a Yankees fan :lol:

    :oops: What happened to hate free? :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by tmcasper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm

    I said I was kidding didn't I :D and whats a baseball season...or any season for that matter...without hate??? :twisted:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBAL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm

    tmcasper wrote:I said I was kidding didn't I :D and whats a baseball season...or any season for that matter...without hate??? :twisted:


    Damn right! :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 pm

    And let it be known that another POWER METALLER struck the first "hate" blow towards the Red Sox. Mooyagi's world is very confused right now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm

    It's way too hard for Yankees and Red Sox fans to resist the shit slinging ain't it?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 pm

    mooyagi wrote:It's way too hard for Yankees and Red Sox fans to resist the shit slinging ain't it?


    Not for me really. I don't mind busting balls over it but I'm not a sore winner/loser when it comes to that. Inside I'm tickled pink, but I never throw it in people's faces. I'm just elated when my team wins. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:It's way too hard for Yankees and Red Sox fans to resist the shit slinging ain't it?


    Not for me really. I don't mind busting balls over it but I'm not a sore winner/loser when it comes to that. Inside I'm tickled pink, but I never throw it in people's faces. I'm just elated when my team wins. :mrgreen:


    Not a real fan. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by tmcasper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:It's way too hard for Yankees and Red Sox fans to resist the shit slinging ain't it?


    Not for me really. I don't mind busting balls over it but I'm not a sore winner/loser when it comes to that. Inside I'm tickled pink, but I never throw it in people's faces. I'm just elated when my team wins. :mrgreen:


    Not a real fan. :lol:

    Yeah...Kev...thats weak....fuck that! 'My team winning it all' does not happen often...(excluding yankees)...so when it happens I make sure to rub it in to whomever I can...like an eagles fan...
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:18 am

    tmcasper wrote:Yeah...Kev...thats weak.


    Nah, it's called "Being Evolved" :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:06 am

    Mooyagi, how about a friendly wager. If our respective team wins the world series, then the other has to wear a t-shirt of our choice for 1 day on the cruise.


    Your shirt will be: I LOVE POWER METAL & THE RED SOX: WHICH ONE IS WORSE ?
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:29 am

    KevinP wrote:Mooyagi, how about a friendly wager. If our respective team wins the world series, then the other has to wear a t-shirt of our choice for 1 day on the cruise.


    Your shirt will be: I LOVE POWER METAL & THE RED SOX: WHICH ONE IS WORSE ?


    :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd make you run around in a Red Sox shirt but I don't want you soiling it with your Yankee germs. I've got the better part of a year to figure this out. :twisted:

    Ummmm....what happens if we both lose?

    Talking baseball, just a little over a week left until the season finally starts. Spring training is way too long. I'm flying out to Boston to go to the home opener against the Yankees. My dad MIGHT score free tickets to it but the longer it takes the less confident I am. I hope he comes through. They are starting at about $150 right now because all tickets have to be bought through StubHub or similar sites. :?

    Edit: I may have to have you run around in that unicorn costume I posted a while back.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11137
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:05 am

    mooyagi wrote:Ummmm....what happens if we both lose?

    Despite the joy I'd get from seeing you both run around in pink unicorn costumes, you can't both lose. His wager was based only on if one of your teams won the world series. So ya only win the wager if your team wins it all, not lose if they fail to.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by vikingbitch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Ummmm....what happens if we both lose?

    Despite the joy I'd get from seeing you both run around in pink unicorn costumes, you can't both lose.


    Come on Rob, don't take that visual away from me :lol:

    You both lose its pink unicorn costumes :D
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by mooyagi » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:04 pm

    vikingbitch wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Ummmm....what happens if we both lose?

    Despite the joy I'd get from seeing you both run around in pink unicorn costumes, you can't both lose.


    Come on Rob, don't take that visual away from me :lol:

    You both lose its pink unicorn costumes :D


    Can we at least put a Blackguard logo on Kevin's?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11137
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

    mooyagi wrote:Can we at least put a Blackguard logo on Kevin's?

    Someone needs to devise a wager that results in Kevin getting a Blackguard logo tattoo if he loses :twisted:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by KevinP » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Ummmm....what happens if we both lose?

    Despite the joy I'd get from seeing you both run around in pink unicorn costumes, you can't both lose. His wager was based only on if one of your teams won the world series. So ya only win the wager if your team wins it all, not lose if they fail to.


    Bingo

    vikingbitch wrote:Come on Rob, don't take that visual away from me :lol:

    You both lose its pink unicorn costumes :D


    That's Ryan defacto costume, so you'll get your "fill" of it next month (cue to pervy puns)

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Can we at least put a Blackguard logo on Kevin's?

    Someone needs to devise a wager that results in Kevin getting a Blackguard logo tattoo if he loses :twisted:


    I'd be okay with Blackguard crap on a shirt, but not tattooing anything. I'm ink and piercing free :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by debborah1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:08 pm

    wow.....Im def. suffering from "QUOTE" envy over here
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate Free*)

    by Stained Class » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:13 pm

    Lets get Kevin drunk and tattoo Blackguard right across his chest.
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
Post Reply 371 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests