Post Reply 342 posts
The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate FULL*)
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: The 2011 BASEBALL Thread (*Hate FULL*)

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Cardinals and Rangers. Do. Not. Care. :|
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 am

mooyagi wrote:Cardinals and Rangers. Do. Not. Care. :|

Seconded!
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:29 am

So a bunch of rumors about Red Sox drinking in the clubhouse. Why it matters I'm not real sure. I could care less if they were.

Then again, I don't care if athletes do a bunch of drugs. For me, they are all just performing monkeys, and as long as they entertain me, fine. If they want to deal with the lasting repercussions of their decisions for very temporary benefits, fine.

However, I also think drugs should be legalized, so I'm probably not the most qualified to comment on this.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 am

Fourth'd

Why am I even in this thread?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 am

EvilDan wrote:So a bunch of rumors about Red Sox drinking in the clubhouse. Why it matters I'm not real sure. I could care less if they were.

Then again, I don't care if athletes do a bunch of drugs. For me, they are all just performing monkeys, and as long as they entertain me, fine. If they want to deal with the lasting repercussions of their decisions for very temporary benefits, fine.

However, I also think drugs should be legalized, so I'm probably not the most qualified to comment on this.

I'm sick of Red Sox news right now. They were doing the same damn thing back when they won the World Series. The Boston media is notoriously nasty. All they are doing is trying to find a whipping boy because the fans are mad at the team's collapse. Controversy creates readers. It's a fucking circus up here with it. :roll:

That being said, I don't agree with drinking during the game. It is the player's off day, yes, but what happens if there's a serious injury or a prolonged game and a pitcher is needed in a pinch? If he's been sucking 'em back he's not there for the team. Stay with the team in the dugout and enjoy your beer and fried chicken when the game is over.

Agree with your idea on players doing drugs though, to a certain extent. Who gives a shit if there's no game that day, or if the game is over and a player wants to relax with some kind of substance? I wouldn't want the players under the influence during the game, though.
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Stained Class wrote:Fourth'd

Why am I even in this thread?

I have the same sentiments... :?

Silly Americanos and their baseball :roll: :P :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:47 am

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:37 pm

What a crazy game tonight. Been watching this entire last series between the Cards and the Texans and am surprised none of you are even talking about any of it.

I mean, did NONE of you see wtf happened with Napoli's ankle tonight? :? :? :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:What a crazy game tonight. Been watching this entire last series between the Cards and the Texans and am surprised none of you are even talking about any of it.

I mean, did NONE of you see wtf happened with Napoli's ankle tonight? :? :? :?

I have pretty much no rooting interest in the series. I have watched a couple of games on and off. Last night was switching between the game and hockey. Once hockey was over that game got crazy though! The Cards just would not die. St. Louis should have a New Hampshire guy, Cris Carpenter pitching tonight so I will probably root for them.

That game really was quite epic. Exactly how you'd want World Series games to be.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:57 am

To add, I really had no desire to watch it at the beginning but the games have been so good I'm quite excited to see Game 7 tonight.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:09 am

It really seemed like each team was trying to lose the game. Lots of strange errors.

Scott Ian was already in Dallas (I think), and stated he was rooting for the Rangers because in his own self-interest, it would would make for a great show tonight. Very true. Now, they are planning on giving updates during the show, so if the Rangers lose, get ready for a really brutal pit.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:11 am

EvilDan wrote:It really seemed like each team was trying to lose the game. Lots of strange errors.

Scott Ian was already in Dallas (I think), and stated he was rooting for the Rangers because in his own self-interest, it would would make for a great show tonight. Very true. Now, they are planning on giving updates during the show, so if the Rangers lose, get ready for a really brutal pit.

It was pretty sloppy but two late inning comebacks and a walkoff homer make for great theater. My stepfather is a huge Cards fan so he's beyond excited for tonight.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 am

Despite the sloppy errors, I have to say I've never enjoyed a game so much in my life. I'm rooting for Texas so was disappointed at the final outcome last night but what a great setup for tonight.

Ryan, I'd suggest a skype hangout to watch the game but I have dinner with a friend and then Skull Fist so will be PVRing it for late viewing.

Enjoy a (hopefully) great final game everyone!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:26 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Ryan, I'd suggest a skype hangout to watch the game but I have dinner with a friend and then Skull Fist so will be PVRing it for late viewing.

That's fine. I'll probably end up going to watch it at a bar with some friends anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Congrats to the Cards. I'm happy with how the season ended. At least the Yankees didn't win. :P

My Stepfather's a huge Cards fan so I bet he's on Cloud 9 right now.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:34 am

Very disappointing to be 1 strike away from winning it all. TWICE. And it definitely affected the Death Angel and Testament sets. Not as much with Anthrax, as people decided to thrash their anger out.

raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Well my bf is happy :lol:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:38 pm

mooyagi wrote:Congrats to the Cards. I'm happy with how the season ended. At least the Yankees didn't win. :P

And the Red Sox humiliated themselves and have a boatload of $$$ tied up in a Tommy John Surgery pitcher and will have a big overturn in their roster. Making the post season next year is no guarantee by any means. :P :P :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:10 am

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Congrats to the Cards. I'm happy with how the season ended. At least the Yankees didn't win. :P

And the Red Sox humiliated themselves and have a boatload of $$$ tied up in a Tommy John Surgery pitcher and will have a big overturn in their roster. Making the post season next year is no guarantee by any means. :P :P :P

Lackey's more valuable on injured reserve than on the mound. The team has deep pockets so they can eat his salary and not worry too much. Figured a Yankee fan would understand that. :roll:

There won't be as much turnover as you think. The new GM is fine with the 1-2-3 we have. Paps might actually be back from what I've read they want him back. Unless they can make a run at Fielder for DH Papi will probably return. JD Drew is thankfully gone and one of the kids (Kalish or Reddick) is going to win the job. The infield will be the same unless they think they can get Reyes as I expect them to hold on to Scutaro. There are enough prospects to trade if need be for a third baseman with Youk in the package. I expect Tek and Wake to be gone but that's really no loss at this point.

Crawford should have a better year. They really only need to figure out the end of the rotation and some middle relief.

As long as they get a manager that won't take shit from anyone they'll be fine
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Baseball may be in for some big changes. Astros are going to the AL. Interleague may be expanded and played all season long. We will probably see a second Wild Card team in the next couple of years.

No problem with evening out the leagues by moving the Astros. Season long interleague doesn't appeal as much to me unless every team has at least one series against every other team. Though that may be too much. Would certainly help solve the World Series hosting issue. I like the novelty of having it only a couple of times a year. Don't like the idea of a second Wild Card team. Hopefully it doesn't happen. I like the playoff system as is and I think it'll cheapen the Wild Card races a little bit because there are going to be two open spots instead of one. I love the battle for the lone Wild Card spot.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:42 pm

From what I heard, the two wild card teams will have a one game playoff to see who then moves on to be the wildcard as we know it now.

I think it's actually a good idea, it puts more emphasis on winning your division, yet gives the chance of more meaningful games going into the end of the season.

I think interleague all year is not that good of an idea, if they do that, then they should do away with the DH in the American League.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Bentz! wrote:From what I heard, the two wild card teams will have a one game playoff to see who then moves on to be the wildcard as we know it now.

I think it's actually a good idea, it puts more emphasis on winning your division, yet gives one more team a bit of excitement going into the end of the season.

I think interleague all year is not that good of an idea, if they do that, then they should do away with the DH in the American League.

Doing away with the DH would make sense there. A one game playoff would be fun but I'm still not sold on it. Guess I'll wait and see how it turns out.
Post Reply 342 posts