Post Reply 2418 posts
The Fitness Thread
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: The Fitness Thread

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 pm

At work today I ate a Starbuck's chocolate brownie lollipop thing, a big slab of lemon cake with insane icing and half of some scone/dessert type thing. I've been eating healthier but still not depriving myself of relatively regular rich/sweet compulsions but it's just that now I do it guilt free :lol:

Mind you, if I'd been more disciplined I'd probably be down to 170 already :shock:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:53 pm

We might be assholes for talking about sweets in the fitness thread, where other people might be trying to avoid sweets :lol:

Starbucks brownie lollipop?! What is this delicious nonsense?! If only Starbucks wasn't already closed for the night...
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:We might be assholes for talking about sweets in the fitness thread, where other people might be trying to avoid sweets :lol:

Starbucks brownie lollipop?! What is this delicious nonsense?! If only Starbucks wasn't already closed for the night...

My buddy's wife works at Starbucks and a few months ago he told me how he was basically begging her to stop bringing them home at the end of the night cuz he'd wake up to go to work the next day and they'd be sitting on the counter and he couldn't resist. Well, I don't do coffee so rarely set foot in a Starbucks so, although intrigued, never found myself in a position to try them. But today I had to drive to head office to pick up some money for our house and we run an alternate school program out of the same offices. They get Starbucks leftover donations for staff and students 3x/week and I just happened to see this big box full of goodies. Colleague said, 'Help yourself and take some for the kids at your house' so I did. And there, in amongst the fritters and muffins and cinnamon rolls and breads and cakes and all else were these 3 things that basically looked like big chocolate balls on sticks. I knew right away that this was the evil of which my friend had spoken. I couldn't help but drool and feel fear all at once. Knowing it would cost me at least another few K of pavement pounding, I grabbed one and bit...

Basically, take the best brownie you've ever had in your life, remove the icing, squish the cake part into a ball, dip it in thick, dark chocolate, get it blessed by some angel of taste buds who lives in a chocolatey dungeon, jab a stick in it and take a bite. :shock:

I may just go out of my way to have another next Thursday :lol:

• AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Oh my god that sounds amazing. I think the Starbucks across town might still be open....hm..... ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 pm

:shock: I might have to go to Starbucks tomorrow :lol: I don't drink coffee so Starbucks isn't high on my list of places to go. Guess I've been missing out on some stuff
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 pm

mooyagi wrote::shock: I might have to go to Starbucks tomorrow :lol: I don't drink coffee so Starbucks isn't high on my list of places to go. Guess I've been missing out on some stuff

besides... it ain't Dunkin'...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:07 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:I completely forgot about my fitness goals. Oops.

Me too! :headbanger:

And me too, hah. I blame the death of my pedometer.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:39 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Eating a brownie. Watching tv. Couldn't run 5k if I tried :lol:

See, you couldn't pretend to be me if you wanted to You can't run or match my "cool factor" :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mooyagi wrote::shock: I might have to go to Starbucks tomorrow :lol: I don't drink coffee so Starbucks isn't high on my list of places to go. Guess I've been missing out on some stuff

There are no Dunkin' Donuts where I live! Considering Boston has one on every street corner (and one particular spot near where I lived had 2 across the street from each other) I feel like a big part of my life is missing even though I don't drink coffee :cry:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:28 am

mooyagi wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

There are no Dunkin' Donuts where I live! Considering Boston has one on every street corner (and one particular spot near where I lived had 2 across the street from each other) I feel like a big part of my life is missing even though I don't drink coffee :cry:

Pittsburgh just started gettin' DDs last year... I was excited and went and then remembered I pretty much only get vanilla bean coolattas (I too drink no coffee)... but it feels good just seein' them around
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 am

I don't think we have Dunkin Donuts here either. We definitely don't have Krispy Kreme and a lot of people are upset about that.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Tim Horton's USED to be good (when they made everything in house...). Now they ship the donuts in from Ontario. Bullshit I say! Bullshit!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:33 pm

viathyn wrote:Tim Horton's USED to be good (when they made everything in house...). Now they ship the donuts in from Ontario. Bullshit I say! Bullshit!

Donuts? They even still sell them? :lol:

Last time I was in a Timmy's I couldn't find a doughnut to save my life. Nothing but soup, sandwiches, bagels, muffins, chili in bowls made of bread, on and on and ....

Used to be coffee and donuts and nothing else (except for Timbits of course (doughnut holes) :lol: )
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:37 pm

TIMBITS! OM NOM NOM. I will eat some over the weekend. Oh, yes. :cool:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:08 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:I don't think we have Dunkin Donuts here either. We definitely don't have Krispy Kreme and a lot of people are upset about that.

We have one Krispy Kreme I can think of. You are really missing out on that.
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:15 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:I don't think we have Dunkin Donuts here either. We definitely don't have Krispy Kreme and a lot of people are upset about that.

We have one Krispy Kreme I can think of. You are really missing out on that.

DONT RUB IT IN
    Sometimes kids will order them wholesale and sell them for fundraisers, but then they're super expensive :shock:
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm glad there are no Krispy Kreme places near me but there is one an hour from me where I grew up... less temptation the better... have hit a plateau on my goals lately :/ :|
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:34 pm

I am down 6 lbs for the month, my goal is 10. I think I can drop 4 in 4 days. Then we'll set another goal of 10 lbs in July, rinse and repeat. If I can drop between 60-80 between now and the end of Jaunary, yay!
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Keep up the great work ppl!! Plateaus are normal. Just maintain and another progress stage will be right around the corner. Don't let the slow down stages get ya down! They're normal!

I just hiked the Grouse Grind for the first time in my life yesterday and kicked its sorry ass! I won't type what I'm eating today as a 'reward' :lol:

• DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Yeah, I still go to the gym almost every day 6 days typically per week with one or 2 classes mixed in and just regular cardio/weights normal days
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:31 pm

thanks for the encouragement ShoreSlayer :viking:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:37 pm

DemonNIN wrote:Yeah, I still go to the gym almost every day 6 days typically per week with one or 2 classes mixed in and just regular cardio/weights normal days

Holy crap! That's a LOT! Definitely be patient and results can't help but follow! :beerwink:

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Keep up the great work ppl!! Plateaus are normal. Just maintain and another progress stage will be right around the corner. Don't let the slow down stages get ya down! They're normal!

I just hiked the Grouse Grind for the first time in my life yesterday and kicked its sorry ass! I won't type what I'm eating today as a 'reward' :lol:

Tacos? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:23 am

KDibildox wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Keep up the great work ppl!! Plateaus are normal. Just maintain and another progress stage will be right around the corner. Don't let the slow down stages get ya down! They're normal!

You seriously crack me up! :P :lol:

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:54 am

I am still sticking with the Kempo Karate and am happy to report I was nominated to test for my next rank soon! Only your sensei can decide when you're ready for your next belt. Blue belt next month and i'm fully considered "intermediate" level no more beginner ranks for me! i am expected to kick ass AND take names now.

it's good because it means i'm doing stuff i didn't really think possible a year ago, and i'm still exercising hard 3 x's per week minimum. i like it, and intend to stick with it for the foreseeable future! i'm by no means a "natural" so i do have to work hard to learn everything and i don't always kick as high or look as good but i do what i can. I did get a 3rd place and 4th place trophy at tournament in May....so at least i'm not the worst :-)
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Awesome Rhia! WTG!!

We want pics!!! :headbanger:

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:46 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Awesome Rhia! WTG!!

i have none! someone has to take them LOL
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:20 pm

rhiawiz wrote:

Okay well, if Nick can't get that shutterbug clicking between now and January, we'll just have to get a shot of you roundhouse kicking me into the hot tub or something :beerwink:
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

Okay well, if Nick can't that shutterbug clicking between now and January, we'll just have to get a shot of you roundhouse kicking me into the hot tub or something :beerwink:

Video would be better ;) Youtube fame, here we come!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

You seriously crack me up! :P :lol:

:lol: it was a serious question! hm..... chocolate covered yogurt with m&m's is an awesome reward, I had one back home :D
    This was it and it was wonderful
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ ... G_0006.jpg

Rhia, that's awesome!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:35 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Okay well, if Nick can't get that shutterbug clicking between now and January, we'll just have to get a shot of you roundhouse kicking me into the hot tub or something :beerwink:

More entertaining for the viewers yes but I kind of had my mind set on a staged photo that made it LOOK like I was getting my face kicked into the hot tub. Video would require a bit more strategic stunt work on both our parts that just might result in my actually being struck by Rhia's cute but likely quite solid little footsy. As much as I'm up for entertaining the masses, I can't really afford any damage to my already beauty-faded mug so I may need a handsome stand-in for the actual video shoot k?

Hey Kevin... got a gig for ya bro! ;)

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Okay well, if Nick can't get that shutterbug clicking between now and January, we'll just have to get a shot of you roundhouse kicking me into the hot tub or something :beerwink:

More entertaining for the viewers yes but I kind of had my mind set on a staged photo that made it LOOK like I was getting my face kicked into the hot tub. Video would require a bit more strategic stunt work on both our parts that just might result in my actually being struck by Rhia's cute but likely quite solid little footsy. As much as I'm up for entertaining the masses, I can't really afford any damage to my already beauty-faded mug so I may need a handsome stand-in for the actual video shoot k?

Hey Kevin... got a gig for ya bro! ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am

rhiawiz wrote:I am still sticking with the Kempo Karate and am happy to report I was nominated to test for my next rank soon! Only your sensei can decide when you're ready for your next belt. Blue belt next month and i'm fully considered "intermediate" level no more beginner ranks for me! i am expected to kick ass AND take names now.

it's good because it means i'm doing stuff i didn't really think possible a year ago, and i'm still exercising hard 3 x's per week minimum. i like it, and intend to stick with it for the foreseeable future! i'm by no means a "natural" so i do have to work hard to learn everything and i don't always kick as high or look as good but i do what i can. I did get a 3rd place and 4th place trophy at tournament in May....so at least i'm not the worst :-)

Awesome, awesome! It feels good to advance in something. :) I have to admit, I wish I had karate class to look forward to. :D
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 am

Amandroid wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:I am still sticking with the Kempo Karate and am happy to report I was nominated to test for my next rank soon! Only your sensei can decide when you're ready for your next belt. Blue belt next month and i'm fully considered "intermediate" level no more beginner ranks for me! i am expected to kick ass AND take names now.

Awesome, awesome! It feels good to advance in something. :) I have to admit, I wish I had karate class to look forward to. :D

it sure does help with stress...like my yucky commute for example! i can kick away the annoyance!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Hey Kevin... got a gig for ya bro! ;)

Wait, what? Too lazy to read and figure out what is going on :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:11 am

So about 6 years ago, I bought a BowFlex--as I was a doughy 200 lbs--so I used it for a few months, and over the next few years, lost about 40 lbs..then stopped. I am about 180 now(built like a treestump--sorry, ladies, I won`t ever be like one of your thin Finnish girly-men... ;)

Now, it`s used as a clothesline and has an old computer and files on it...... time t odust her off! Bought a new bike..

Need to get to Cruise Worthy Shape!!!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:37 am

WTG Jaimie! Get busy bro!

and...

FINALLY!!!...

Thanks to yesterday's hike and all the stuff prior to...

Cracked the damn 185 lb mark and woke up to find I'd dropped to 183.8!!

Next goal = 175

Thinking the lowest I might like to drop to would be 168.8 if possible. That would be FIFTY pounds since the cruise. Just not sure if I even should go that low. Depends how the muscle distribution settles in after the rest of the un-needed fat is gone I guess :?

Also, running 10.4K to get home from a birthday party later in prep for next weekend's undergear run :cool:

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:39 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:That would be FIFTY pounds since the cruise.

Holy crap. That is awesome Rob.

I need to get my ass in gear...
    Have a good time...all the time.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:45 am

junkhead13 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:That would be FIFTY pounds since the cruise.

Holy crap. That is awesome Rob.

I need to get my ass in gear...

Thanks Brian. The 50 thing is still completely hypothetical at this point but might be doable. I'm sure I'll be down 40 by summer's end which is very exciting. I'm already lighter than I've been since 1991 and more athletic than I've ever been so I'm pretty stoked for that. To think I'm gonna enter my mid-40's as something of an 'athlete' and in the best shape of my life. I'd never have believed it five years ago.

As for getting in gear. It's totally cliche but it really does start with just the first step. Walk around the block for half an hour 3 x a week and build from there. Or just do a little of whatever you enjoy or think you'll enjoy and add to it gradually.

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:54 am

See I have been kind of just treading water.... I lift weights in the garage 3 times a week and take the dog for a walk afterwards. I need to start running. That seems like what really got you into the groove.

I think my main problem is the way I eat, which I have been doing for a long long time. I don't eat a whole lot during the day (just a sandwich at lunch typically), but at dinner time I shovel down 2 plates of whatever Amanda has cooked for dinner. :lol:
    Have a good time...all the time.
Post Reply 2418 posts