Post Reply 51 posts
OSAMA DEAD= bring the troops back home!
    fbatman666
    Oiler

OSAMA DEAD= bring the troops back home!

by fbatman666 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 pm

USA!USA!USA!USA!.... :shred: :viking: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: OSAMA DEAD= bring the troops back home!

by mooyagi » Sun May 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Unfortunately, Osama is a non factor for the current states of the wars, in my opinion. I get the feeling he was no longer a factor in Al Qaeda or insurgency plans. I would love for our troops to finally come home. Enough have died already.

This does serve some justice to all victims of the attacks of 9/11. Cheers to all the dead and wounded. :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    fbatman666
    Oiler

by fbatman666 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:15 pm

I agree! We all know that unfortunately ...
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Sun May 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Does this mean I'll stop being finger-fucked at the airport?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun May 01, 2011 10:04 pm

hodgy wrote:Does this mean I'll stop being finger-fucked at the airport?

You may be finger fucked more in the short term due to fears of retaliation :lol: :?

Just go through the scanners!
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Sun May 01, 2011 10:11 pm

naked body scanners, children being molested, handicapped forced out of wheelchairs, full body groping,...when does this madness end.

Good riddance to this piece of filth.
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 am

I don't want to be a partypooper.
    But this thread shoud have been made at the Off-Topic section of the broad. :beerwink:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Mon May 02, 2011 1:48 am

i agree.. and to be more of a party pooper... prepare for retaliating strikes... now his billions of dollars will go to pointless attacks...
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 am

someone should move it to off topic

but still
    i really don't understand why everybody is acting so damn happy. like we finally got world peace or something like that :?
    I don't want to be pessimistic, but the next guy is already planning revenge probally....
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Mon May 02, 2011 4:20 am

and to burst a bigger bubble... pics or it didn't happen!!!
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon May 02, 2011 4:48 am

They are already saying he was buried at sea... How are we supposed to believe that?
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:16 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:someone should move it to off topic

but still
    i really don't understand why everybody is acting so damn happy. like we finally got world peace or something like that :?
    I don't want to be pessimistic, but the next guy is already planning revenge probally....

Agree, It would be naive to think that he didn't leave anyone to continue his legacy, I hope not, but is highly unlikely
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 am

No reason to celebrate IMHO.

I am about to lose my car because I cannot afford the gas and am behind on payments, thanks to the economy.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 02, 2011 7:19 am

Euros STFU :lol: We all know in the grand scheme of things he means nothing to the enduring wars (which really need to end :evil: ) and he was relegated to the level of figurehead within Al Qaeda. We are all aware of the risk of retaliation by his supporters and I'm sure people will be on edge for a little while. That's going to be annoying :? This is a symbolic event for the victims of the terrorist attacks. Some small piece of retribution for what happened. If something can help victims of an attack like that sleep better at night, then it's a good thing. In fact, most interviews I've seen with people so far, the people feel bad about feeling so good that the man is dead.

:lol: Yes, this should be in the Off Topic forum
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon May 02, 2011 8:18 am

Is it good that they kiled him though?
    I think it would have been better to have captured him and locked him up for the rest of his life.
    Now that he's dead he'll become a Martyr and another lunatic wil more than likely rise up in his place and retaliate.

To me this whole situation is a shallow victory.
    Because although they may have avenged the people in 9/11 they have managed to lose more Merican lives than they lost in 9/11 inthe first place.And then there's all the inncocent Afghanistans that got bombed and blown up or shot in between the crossfire.
    Too much blood has been spilled over one person although it was the oil they were going after in the first place.

Yes bin Laden was a monster and deserved what he got but 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    Anyway as far as i've heard te pictures shown of his corpse are fake and nearly 2 years old.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 am

i wouldn't call bin laden a monster.
    he was just full of revenge.
    don't forget that America supported afganisthan (and bin laden) during the cold war.
    when that was over they didn't care about afganisthan. houses, farms, schools and hospitals were destroyed.
    yet they didn't donate 1 million to rebuild something they paid +/- 250 billion of to destroy.....

bin laden fought in that war himself and saw the people who helped him stab him in the back, hard.
    america only forget that he was a man with resources....

not justifing anything off course, NFW
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:don't forget that America supported afganisthan (and bin laden) during the cold war.
    when that was over they didn't care about afganisthan. houses, farms, schools and hospitals were destroyed.
    yet they didn't donate 1 million to rebuild something they paid +/- 250 billion of to destroy.....

The US did not destroy Afghanistan, the Soviets did.

The Afghanis wanted weapons to fight the Russians and we gave it to them.

The Russians destroy a country and the US has to pay for it?

If anything the UN should have done something but we all know the UN is a useless waste of money

• WASP
    Oiler

by WASP » Mon May 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Die for Dethklok wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:don't forget that America supported afganisthan (and bin laden) during the cold war.

The US did not destroy Afghanistan, the Soviets did.

The Afghanis wanted weapons to fight the Russians and we gave it to them.

The Russians destroy a country and the US has to pay for it?

If anything the UN should have done something but we all know the UN is a useless waste of money

If US had the right to give weapons to Taleban e Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan, Iran would have the same right to give weapons to the Al Qaeda in Iraq now
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Mon May 02, 2011 1:40 pm

This is great news though sadly the conspiracies will start flying (big surprise :roll: ). We were on our last mission to Afghanistan (I know it was Pakistan where he was killed) which I got family presently deployed in. Elections are coming up. Like someone mentioned, they say they already buried him at sea. Now we can watch the media mud bath of this shit.

I wish we could really stop our addiction to oil so we can just forget the the middle east or . . . . The words of a certain S.O.D. song sum up my feelings. :headbanger:
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Mon May 02, 2011 2:08 pm

WASP wrote:If US had the right to give weapons to Taleban e Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan, Iran would have the same right to give weapons to the Al Qaeda in Iraq now

First off, the Taliban as we know it, did not come into existence until the mid 90's, so technically the US did not "supply the Taliban"

Second, they were fighting a foreign Army which had invaded their country, whereas Al Qaeda targets civilian populations including children.

So, no, they do not have that right.

Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Obama is just trying to get Americans back on his side. He just put in his bid for the next election a few weeks ago. I mean.... seriously... I highly doubt he was just killed. Either he has been dead for a long time, or he is still alive. It seems too coincidental.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon May 02, 2011 3:56 pm

I pesonally reckon that nobody actually knows if he is dead or alive and it's just as good time as any coming to election to claim they killed him.I pesonally think they are calling a bluff and hoping it holds out.Osama was only a figurehead by this stage anyway.he wasn't really involved in Al Quaeda anymore.
    Although by claiming he is dead now may actually invoke more problems on America than letting him live due to Bin Laden will know be known as a martyr.Dying against America gihad etc blah blah.You know how stupid these people are and how they may react.
    They have been already caught out on the fake picture though.
    This was a photoshopped picture that was used in 2009 to claim that Bin Laden had been killed.
    The main question though is if they are gonna stick to the story that they kiled Osama the other day they wil have to recall the troops unless they can fabricate a good enough lie that justifies those Soldiers to stay there doing peacekeeping(Protecting the oil for America)
  • Meosis
    Oiler

by Meosis » Mon May 02, 2011 4:24 pm

I agree he should have been captured and had the rest of his life to waste away in a cell. Sure someone would have needed to foot the bill for his prison stay but Id rather know he was rotting in a cell then, being shot and dumpped at sea.

The news only came out yesterday that he was killed yet he has been dumped at sea already, Highly unlikly! Since when did the USA dump bodies at sea and even more so this one! Sure no one wants him buried in their backyeard but Dumping him at sea the same day is too soon. How is the world ment to honistly belive he is dead if we never got access to the remains????
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Does anyone honestly believe a sitting president would go through all that trouble and risk many, many lives due to retaliatory attacks specifically to get re-elected? Obama already has a great chance of being re-elected even without this. These conspiracy theories are fucking retarted :evil:

I will say that there certainly is a good possibility that Bin Laden is alive. Some people may be feeding Obama misinformation on it, especially with the body already buried at sea (???) but anyone claiming that he specifically is orchestrating this whole thing in an attempt to bring up his poll numbers needs their heads examined. This is as ridiculous as the 9/11 truther bullshit.

Unfortunately, Bin Laden did not figure into the current war in Afghanistan and hasn't for some time now. This will not end it. If anything, we may see more fighting in the short term as a result. The whole situation that the US is in out there is a giant clusterfuck and I would really, really love for everyone to just come home now. I don't see us leaving Afghanistan for another couple of years and we will now always have a presence in Iraq :roll:

As for the question of to kill or capture: My bet is that a capture mission wouldve ended up in his death anyways in the heat of the fight or through suicide. Certainly a lot can be said about taking him in and holding him legally accountable for what he was responsible for, but it would be an expensive and logistical nightmare. If he was to be locked up he'd be in a (very expensive) supermax facility (probably a secret detention center too) and there may be issues with the Pakistani government over extradition and where to hold a trial.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon May 02, 2011 5:43 pm

I personally don't find any death a cause for celebration, regardless of what the person did. I mean, we're killing someone for killing others? double standard? now killing in self defense I get. It's like a bumper sticker I read once "why do we kill people for killing people to show that killing people is wrong?". Kinda true. And I'm not sure I buy the story, it does seem odd to have dumped him at sea. Though I do hope that this brings some closure to the loved ones of the victims.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    fbatman666
    Oiler

by fbatman666 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm

KDibildox wrote:I personally don't find any death a cause for celebration, regardless of what the person did. I mean, we're killing someone for killing others? double standard? now killing in self defense I get. It's like a bumper sticker I read once "why do we kill people for killing people to show that killing people is wrong?". Kinda true. And I'm not sure I buy the story, it does seem odd to have dumped him at sea. Though I do hope that this brings some closure to the loved ones of the victims.

:cheers:
    fbatman666
    Oiler

by fbatman666 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm

soundcurve wrote:This is great news though sadly the conspiracies will start flying (big surprise :roll: ). We were on our last mission to Afghanistan (I know it was Pakistan where he was killed) which I got family presently deployed in. Elections are coming up. Like someone mentioned, they say they already buried him at sea. Now we can watch the media mud bath of this shit.

I wish we could really stop our addiction to oil so we can just forget the the middle east or . . . . The words of a certain S.O.D. song sum up my feelings. :headbanger:

:cheers:
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Mon May 02, 2011 7:21 pm

KDibildox wrote:"why do we kill people for killing people to show that killing people is wrong?"

Because the act of killing is not without cause. A statement like that is basing that the "person" or murderer you are looking at shows a degree of the same moral fiber that sustains a society and makes it work. That the playing field was level between murderer and victim. That the killer would respond to the alternative rehabilitation as to death. It is the assumption that all humans are humans and I will never feel this is the case. We are first animals, second cognitive evolution. Killing as a consequence or punishment is based on the fact that the individual(s) is/are no longer viable for a society and for humanity to progress (Osama being that target).

Killing is not a bad thing. Yes it is grotesque to a stable mind and society that tells you not to do these things to your fellow citizen but I fall back to the idea that these things will be needed for now to keep humans and progressive societies in check.

I too wish for a day w/o these things but will say it is in our DNA and will be a fight that I hope the mind wins over the animal at some point in our evolution. Here's to the future! :beerwink:
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Mon May 02, 2011 7:30 pm

viewforum.php?f=4

*cough cough*
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 pm

mooyagi wrote:Does anyone honestly believe a sitting president would go through all that trouble and risk many, many lives due to retaliatory attacks specifically to get re-elected?

I believe it is quite possible.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Mon May 02, 2011 7:40 pm

I think it'd be a new low that the U.S government would sink to if this whole thing was a huge lie. Having their president talk about this giving family's who were direct and indirect victims of 9/11 a little peace.

Do they really have the sack to do that kind of thing to their own people? I know they lie, they manipulate and many other things, but this.... man.. i hope our world leaders aren't that heartless.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 pm

I would actually expect a couple of hoaxes in the coming weeks from groups claiming he's still alive and in their custody/protection. Some wannabe terrorists that are trying to get their names out there. Or some fringe political group attempting to discredit obama (seriously, there are other ways to go about that).
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 pm

We proudly won't ever know...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm

soundcurve wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:"why do we kill people for killing people to show that killing people is wrong?"

Because the act of killing is not without cause. A statement like that is basing that the "person" or murderer you are looking at shows a degree of the same moral fiber that sustains a society and makes it work. That the playing field was level between murderer and victim. That the killer would respond to the alternative rehabilitation as to death. It is the assumption that all humans are humans and I will never feel this is the case. We are first animals, second cognitive evolution. Killing as a consequence or punishment is based on the fact that the individual(s) is/are no longer viable for a society and for humanity to progress (Osama being that target).

Killing is not a bad thing. Yes it is grotesque to a stable mind and society that tells you not to do these things to your fellow citizen but I fall back to the idea that these things will be needed for now to keep humans and progressive societies in check.

I too wish for a day w/o these things but will say it is in our DNA and will be a fight that I hope the mind wins over the animal at some point in our evolution. Here's to the future! :beerwink:

very valid points and well said, though I still believe we aren't anyone to decide who lives and who dies.......

Cheers! :heavydrink:
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Tue May 03, 2011 6:10 am

Almost ranted about death to all huamns- consider yourself lucky to dodge this spray of bullets :D :death:
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Tue May 03, 2011 7:58 am

One thing to clarify...we didn't just 'kill him to kill him'. The mission was a capture mission. He was given the choice to surrender, and instead chose to grab a nearby woman as a human shield and shoot back. That's when we killed him. At least that is what the reports are...
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler

by prof. wedgie » Tue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

I'll believe it when I see the long form death certificate
    Cabin 3555!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 pm

prof. wedgie wrote:I'll believe it when I see the long form death certificate

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tmcasper wrote:One thing to clarify...we didn't just 'kill him to kill him'. The mission was a capture mission. He was given the choice to surrender, and instead chose to grab a nearby woman as a human shield and shoot back. That's when we killed him. At least that is what the reports are...

The reports are now saying he was unarmed but refused to surrender and the report of a human shield may be incorrect. I wish they would just not say anything until they know the facts first :roll: Product of the country's insatiable need for news at all times I guess.

We'll finally know something once the real pictures (fakes are floating around) and the video of the assault get leaked. We all know they will.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue May 03, 2011 5:32 pm

prof. wedgie wrote:I'll believe it when I see the long form death certificate

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 04, 2011 10:20 pm

:lol: Photobama

By the way, why hasn't this been moved to Off Course yet? Guess the mods are too busy with more important things like making sure everyone has a cabin that sent in booking requests. Probably a tad more important :D
Post Reply 51 posts