Post Reply 1435 posts
Gamers
  • User avatar
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2159
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm
    Location: Edmonton,Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by Jaimie38 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:45 pm

    I am NOT a gamer at all. But I will buy this one:
    http://ca.autoblog.com/2013/08/19/codem ... ack-video/

    2013Formula1 game, as I am a big F1 fan. One question, I have a PS3, and how do I the encrytion code thing? I can't play anything unti I get a new code. I tried to download from Sony's website to a stick, but because I am massively stupid, could'nt get it work.

    Help me gamer-nerds, you're my only hope!


    ;)
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Gamers

    by Monmisreal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:52 pm

    Jaimie38 wrote:I am NOT a gamer at all. But I will buy this one:
    http://ca.autoblog.com/2013/08/19/codem ... ack-video/

    2013Formula1 game, as I am a big F1 fan. One question, I have a PS3, and how do I the encrytion code thing? I can't play anything unti I get a new code. I tried to download from Sony's website to a stick, but because I am massively stupid, could'nt get it work.

    Help me gamer-nerds, you're my only hope!


    ;)


    Encryption code thing?
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7687
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:19 pm

    I'm such a weenie - my wife is epically more tattooed than me :(

    She got this done yesterday - it was my birthday/mothers day/easter gift to her:

    Image

    P.S. if this does not work its because I've linked to a facebook photo - and the reason this is in the gaming thread is because the tattoo is off the Lady of Pain from the game "Dark Souls".
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:I'm such a weenie - my wife is epically more tattooed than me :(

    She got this done yesterday - it was my birthday/mothers day/easter gift to her:

    Image

    P.S. if this does not work its because I've linked to a facebook photo - and the reason this is in the gaming thread is because the tattoo is off the Lady of Pain from the game "Dark Souls".


    Sweet. When the tattooing was finished, did she say, "Art thou done?"
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7687
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 pm

    Haha!! Nice one - don't think she did :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Gamers

    by Metalwrath » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:26 pm

    Most rpgs these days are shit but there are still a few great ones out there.
    The best 4 games i've probably played over the last few years would have to be .
    Xenoblade Chronicles(one of the best rpgs of all time)
    Skyward Sword (Best Zelda game since Ocarina)
    The witcher 1 and the witcher 2.(I love how drastically the decisions you make in that game affect you in later chapters.)

    Final Fantasy - A Realm Reborn early access starts tomorrow.Anybody else looking forward to playing it?
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Gamers

    by Monmisreal » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:44 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Final Fantasy - A Realm Reborn early access starts tomorrow.Anybody else looking forward to playing it?


    Yea I had a few guys at my new job talk me into it. At least if I dont like it, itll be a nice way to become friends with a new group I work with.
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Gamers

    by Monmisreal » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:45 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:Image


    That is really awesome! The second I looked at that I knew exactly what it was. Its really unique too because its not a gaming tattoo that most people will really recognize.
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7687
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:44 pm

    It is pretty amazing - and I need to correct myself (or the wife will kill me haha)

    Her correct name is of course The Maiden in Black, and she is from Demon's Souls.

    And the artist did a great job - I'll definitely be going there if/when I finally get inked :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:15 pm

    Which of you was playing Dragon's Crown? I just got to the final boss with the Amazon and will (hopefully) beat it tonight. I don't play online co-op that much, but after I finish my solo game I'd love to try it. What's your screen name? If you specialize in a melee character, I'm also trying out the Wizard so I'll be happy to offer some magic support instead.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11160
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 pm

    Can't vouch for this site as I haven't used it personally but thought it would appeal to many who post in this thread.

    Plz enjoy and report back :D

    10,000+ Retro Games Emulated Online
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
    Location: Boston, Ma

    Re: Gamers

    by Inquisitor » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:32 am

    Monmisreal wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Final Fantasy - A Realm Reborn early access starts tomorrow.Anybody else looking forward to playing it?


    Yea I had a few guys at my new job talk me into it. At least if I dont like it, itll be a nice way to become friends with a new group I work with.


    I play FFXIV, I'm on Midgard
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:13 am

    I just tried the recent indie game, Papers Please. It takes place in a fictional Eastern European country where you play as the guy behind the window at a border checkpoint, checking people's passports, ID papers, etc. for anything that doesn't pass muster with the country's entry standards before stamping the passport with "Accepted" or "Denied".

    I've been telling all the immigration attorneys I work with about the game, since we always have to deal with those guys ourselves. It puts you in a real moral quandary, because the people who can't get through usually have some excuse like "I can't get ahold of a passport. Please! If I get sent back home, I'll be killed." However, if you let them though, the government will dock your pay, which you badly need to pay rent and feed your family at then end of each day. Everyone in my virtual family is currently "cold", "sick" and "hungry". Quite a gripping experience.
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Gamers

    by Monmisreal » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:41 am

    Im on the Diabolos server with some people in my department. Pretty good minus the rocky start.

    Ive heard really good things about Papers Please so ill see if it goes on sale sometime soon.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm

    Monmisreal wrote:Im on the Diabolos server with some people in my department. Pretty good minus the rocky start.

    Ive heard really good things about Papers Please so ill see if it goes on sale sometime soon.


    Can't remember how much I paid for it, but it's indie so it can't cost that much.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:01 am

    Just got news for the Megaman fans on the forum. Keiji Inafune, the guy who created Megaman but left Capcom, is kickstarting an obvious rip-off of the Megaman franchise. However, since he's the actual creator and not Capcom, and since most people agree that Capcom has done a terrible job at keeping the franchise alive without Inafune's help, everyone seems pretty excited about it, despite the completely new look the game has. Anyway, it looks like it could appeal to those who miss the old Megaman and dislike the changes the franchise has gone through. Here's a link to the news.

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ighty-No-9
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21292
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Gamers

    by mooyagi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:53 am

    sageoftruth wrote:Just got news for the Megaman fans on the forum. Keiji Inafune, the guy who created Megaman but left Capcom, is kickstarting an obvious rip-off of the Megaman franchise. However, since he's the actual creator and not Capcom, and since most people agree that Capcom has done a terrible job at keeping the franchise alive without Inafune's help, everyone seems pretty excited about it, despite the completely new look the game has. Anyway, it looks like it could appeal to those who miss the old Megaman and dislike the changes the franchise has gone through. Here's a link to the news.

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ighty-No-9


    Definitely would have my interest when it gets made.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Gamers

    by Metalwrath » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:56 pm

    Inquisitor wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Final Fantasy - A Realm Reborn early access starts tomorrow.Anybody else looking forward to playing it?


    Yea I had a few guys at my new job talk me into it. At least if I dont like it, itll be a nice way to become friends with a new group I work with.


    I play FFXIV, I'm on Midgard

    I stuck with EU server.Naturally picked Odin :twisted:
    I've chosen to go down the tank route.Habit of mine.Only person i like tanking for me is me.Went down the warrior route.
    Tanking is fairly tough in this game and can see why nobody wants to play the classes.
    Final boss fight in brayflax was an absolute nightmare to beat.
    Killing Titan was really fun.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11160
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:56 pm

    Link to a Reddit post of great FREE PC games

    LINK
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 616
    Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 am
    Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

    Re: Gamers

    by Jebus_Cripes » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:49 am

    I feel like this fall season in Gaming is so underwhelming. Sadly the only game I'm interested in really that is supposed to be released by the end of the year is Southpark: The stick of truth.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
  • User avatar
    nekrobarr
    Ensign
    Posts: 1294
    Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 am
    Location: Michigan
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by nekrobarr » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 am

    Jebus_Cripes wrote:I feel like this fall season in Gaming is so underwhelming. Sadly the only game I'm interested in really that is supposed to be released by the end of the year is Southpark: The stick of truth.


    Been keeping a light eye on that one myself. I'll probably wait until it's been out a while, read reviews, etc etc.

    I'm betting the 'lull' is due to the impending storm that is the release of the next gen consoles...
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

    Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

    Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:42 am

    nekrobarr wrote:
    Jebus_Cripes wrote:I feel like this fall season in Gaming is so underwhelming. Sadly the only game I'm interested in really that is supposed to be released by the end of the year is Southpark: The stick of truth.


    Been keeping a light eye on that one myself. I'll probably wait until it's been out a while, read reviews, etc etc.

    I'm betting the 'lull' is due to the impending storm that is the release of the next gen consoles...


    I'd been thinking of passing up this one, but now, when I picture playing an RPG with the South Park voices, I don't think I can resist.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:09 am

    I just got Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance from Gamefly. I'm looking forward to playing it tonight. I hear there's a part where you hop across the tops of fired missiles to slice a metal gear ray in half during the tutorial. I'd expect no less from a game developed by Platinum.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 pm

    I forgot to tell everyone, I have a friend who has been creating multiplayer stages for death matches in Far Cry 3. So far, it's just been the two of us. Do any of you have Far Cry 3 on computer? Some additional players would be fun.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 am

  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Gamers

    by Monmisreal » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:24 pm

    This is how you game like a boss in Florida
    Image
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:49 am

    Just posting to drown out the kitchens
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 am

    Monmisreal wrote:This is how you game like a boss in Florida
    Image


    Specs plz.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman
    Posts: 943
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm
    Location: Portland, OR U.S.A.

    Re: Gamers

    by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 pm

    Playing a game called "The 7th Saga" on Super NES. It's a great old school grindfest of an RPG designed by ENIX to be not only creative but tough as fuck. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this, but I do believe it is a must play for fans of Super NES RPGs. Not the best, but the idea of it is damn cool alone to make starting this one worth it.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Gamers

    by Monmisreal » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:59 pm

    X-Thor wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:This is how you game like a boss in Florida
    Image


    Specs plz.


    3-4 years old now but
    HAF XB case
    I7 990x
    18gb DDR3 ram (dont remember the speed)
    EVGA 560 ti
    150gb intel ssd
    1tb secondary hd
    500 gb hd
    some random asus pro mobo
    piece of shit thermaltake 800 watt psu that is NOT made to be at the bottom of a case
    corsair h60 cooler

    It was a bundle of free parts I won a couple years back so thats why some parts are old and others are fairly new. It fucking kills me that I have 2 usb 3.0 in the front of my case but the motherboard doesnt have a USB 3.0 header. Im not spending 20 bucks to get a 3.0 header controller card.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Playing a game called "The 7th Saga" on Super NES. It's a great old school grindfest of an RPG designed by ENIX to be not only creative but tough as fuck. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this, but I do believe it is a must play for fans of Super NES RPGs. Not the best, but the idea of it is damn cool alone to make starting this one worth it.


    I just finished reading about that one. Sounds a little too luck-based for my taste.
  • User avatar
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman
    Posts: 943
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm
    Location: Portland, OR U.S.A.

    Re: Gamers

    by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm

    sageoftruth wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Playing a game called "The 7th Saga" on Super NES. It's a great old school grindfest of an RPG designed by ENIX to be not only creative but tough as fuck. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this, but I do believe it is a must play for fans of Super NES RPGs. Not the best, but the idea of it is damn cool alone to make starting this one worth it.


    I just finished reading about that one. Sounds a little too luck-based for my taste.


    That's my biggest problem with it. The luck based strategy aspect of the game really pisses me off in the exact same way that it does in Final Fantasy Tactics. Still, its a fun romp most of time that does some interesting things.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:35 pm

    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    I just finished reading about that one. Sounds a little too luck-based for my taste.


    That's my biggest problem with it. The luck based strategy aspect of the game really pisses me off in the exact same way that it does in Final Fantasy Tactics. Still, its a fun romp most of time that does some interesting things.


    One thing that wasn't explained in the reading I did was what sort of strategy was involved in this game. For such an old game with such a heavy emphasis on grinding, I'm hoping there's more to it than just the grinding. Is it a tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics? I'm not really certain when that genre of RPG first came out.
  • User avatar
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman
    Posts: 943
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm
    Location: Portland, OR U.S.A.

    Re: Gamers

    by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:28 pm

    sageoftruth wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    I just finished reading about that one. Sounds a little too luck-based for my taste.


    That's my biggest problem with it. The luck based strategy aspect of the game really pisses me off in the exact same way that it does in Final Fantasy Tactics. Still, its a fun romp most of time that does some interesting things.


    One thing that wasn't explained in the reading I did was what sort of strategy was involved in this game. For such an old game with such a heavy emphasis on grinding, I'm hoping there's more to it than just the grinding. Is it a tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics? I'm not really certain when that genre of RPG first came out.


    No its not like FF tactics other than the luck factor. The battle is more like traditional grinding Final Fantasy games but the main twist in the game is that there's 7 characters to choose from and depending on who your main hero is, some join you and others wont, giving you a different experience with each character. Your secondary character plays a critical part in your success and who you pair up with certainly matters but there are points in the game where you can change your secondary character. The real challenge of the game come in fighting the characters that you don't choose. That's where it gets fucking tough and those are the battle where luck can be your best friend or fuck you in the ass with a razorblade dildo. Basically, its an old school brutal RPG on the SNES with great music and solid graphics. ll in all, its a win, but there are times playing it where I want to crush it with a hundred hammers.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:45 pm

    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    That's my biggest problem with it. The luck based strategy aspect of the game really pisses me off in the exact same way that it does in Final Fantasy Tactics. Still, its a fun romp most of time that does some interesting things.


    One thing that wasn't explained in the reading I did was what sort of strategy was involved in this game. For such an old game with such a heavy emphasis on grinding, I'm hoping there's more to it than just the grinding. Is it a tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics? I'm not really certain when that genre of RPG first came out.


    No its not like FF tactics other than the luck factor. The battle is more like traditional grinding Final Fantasy games but the main twist in the game is that there's 7 characters to choose from and depending on who your main hero is, some join you and others wont, giving you a different experience with each character. Your secondary character plays a critical part in your success and who you pair up with certainly matters but there are points in the game where you can change your secondary character. The real challenge of the game come in fighting the characters that you don't choose. That's where it gets fucking tough and those are the battle where luck can be your best friend or fuck you in the ass with a razorblade dildo. Basically, its an old school brutal RPG on the SNES with great music and solid graphics. ll in all, its a win, but there are times playing it where I want to crush it with a hundred hammers.


    Oh yeah. I did hear about that part. I heard there's a selectable healer who's literally unbeatable if you let him level up enough to gain a super-powerful healing spell (lvl 44 I think), forcing you to avoid gaining too many levels if you're destined to fight him since his level always scales with yours.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm
    Location: Squamish, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by klons » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:32 pm

    Image


    Toys! :wank:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:29 pm

    klons wrote:Image


    Toys! :wank:


    Aw man! Why did you have to go and buy it on launch day? The key is to sit back and let everyone else do that. Then, when all the bugs and technical problems have been reported by all the disgruntled customers, you can buy it fresh and bug-free.

    Anyway, I've got a friend who did the same as you and got it on launch. Can't wait to see what the new games are like.
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7687
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:37 pm

    No 'killer app' for me yet on the PS4 so I will hold off.

    Looks shiny though - and will definitely be getting a PS4 before I get an XBONE.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7687
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Gamers

    by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:49 pm

    Went to a "Video Games Unplugged" event on the weekend - Qld Symphony Orchestra playing music from a bunch of games like Heavy Rain, Grim Fandango, FF7, Bioshock, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, etc.

    Truly amazing.

    Austin Wintory, composer of the music in the game Journey and the first ever videogame score composer Grammy nominee, was a special guest and conducted the orchestra for the music from Journey as well as the music from Grim Fandango.

    Pretty freaking awesome.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: Gamers

    by sageoftruth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:28 am

    cowboy71 wrote:Went to a "Video Games Unplugged" event on the weekend - Qld Symphony Orchestra playing music from a bunch of games like Heavy Rain, Grim Fandango, FF7, Bioshock, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, etc.

    Truly amazing.

    Austin Wintory, composer of the music in the game Journey and the first ever videogame score composer Grammy nominee, was a special guest and conducted the orchestra for the music from Journey as well as the music from Grim Fandango.

    Pretty freaking awesome.


    I love those things. You should youtube "Heavy Metal Castlevania", by VGO (I think it was VGO. It's been awhile).
Post Reply 1435 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests