Post Reply 1435 posts
Gamers
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Gamers

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:30 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    Emma wrote:Fuck! I'm back in Diablo III again... The new expansion really made it fun again.
    Emmpye#2124

What did Blizzard do to fix this one?

Yes plz, do tell :shock: :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:38 am

The removal of the Auction house was huge. they also added in adventure mode which is a ton of XP and loot. great for farming and fun. Act 5 was perfection. It's the Diablo I was missing. lots of class adjustments especially in terms of elemental damage. The difficulty changes also make it so you get loot for your level regardless of difficulty however higher difficulty is more XP and better chances of loot. Legendaries when they drop are more specific to your class as well.

Tanelorn#1662
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:33 pm

I don't think that will be enough for me. As I mentioned a couple months back, Diablo was pretty much dead to me when they made it so you could access any of your skills at any time instead of carefully choosing from a skill tree. I understand what Blizzard was saying about preventing people from picking poor skills and being unable to finish the game, but when you have the freedom to access any skills that your level will allow at any time, it's not too different from having all of them. Sadly this robbed me of the joy of creating a unique character, which, I had learned was my main motive for playing any of the Diablo games.
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:15 pm

sageoftruth wrote:I don't think that will be enough for me. As I mentioned a couple months back, Diablo was pretty much dead to me when they made it so you could access any of your skills at any time instead of carefully choosing from a skill tree. I understand what Blizzard was saying about preventing people from picking poor skills and being unable to finish the game, but when you have the freedom to access any skills that your level will allow at any time, it's not too different from having all of them. Sadly this robbed me of the joy of creating a unique character, which, I had learned was my main motive for playing any of the Diablo games.

Makes sense. I do miss the old skill trees as well as the tetris inventory system which could be exploited with a horadric cube
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:15 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:I don't think that will be enough for me. As I mentioned a couple months back, Diablo was pretty much dead to me when they made it so you could access any of your skills at any time instead of carefully choosing from a skill tree. I understand what Blizzard was saying about preventing people from picking poor skills and being unable to finish the game, but when you have the freedom to access any skills that your level will allow at any time, it's not too different from having all of them. Sadly this robbed me of the joy of creating a unique character, which, I had learned was my main motive for playing any of the Diablo games.

Makes sense. I do miss the old skill trees as well as the tetris inventory system which could be exploited with a horadric cube

Yeah. I suppose if the game was good enough at something else, I might be lured in, but even in 3, I always saw the combat as a means to an end rather than something inherently enjoyable.
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 pm

yeah me and a bunch of friends are back to playing it if you get an add from Malakav #1138 that would be me
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:23 pm

• klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Image

That "wasted" needing to be replaced by a "BOOM! Headshot!" caption instead! :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:29 pm

klons wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Image

That "wasted" needing to be replaced by a "BOOM! Headshot!" caption instead! :lol:

I liked the GTA reference.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:The removal of the Auction house was huge. they also added in adventure mode which is a ton of XP and loot. great for farming and fun. Act 5 was perfection. It's the Diablo I was missing. lots of class adjustments especially in terms of elemental damage. The difficulty changes also make it so you get loot for your level regardless of difficulty however higher difficulty is more XP and better chances of loot. Legendaries when they drop are more specific to your class as well.

Tanelorn#1662

The drop specific to your class made a big difference. At release I only got things I didn't need. Like a bow with strength instead of dex when I played Demon Hunter. Ended with us playing different characters and leaving all the loot in town so we could take stuff from the pile....
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 pm

I still get the feeling that I would love to play some Diablo II when playing III ;) That is still my fav game ever!
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:06 am

WTF!? How come I never noticed this thread!?!? :oops: With the pre-expansion patch (2.0) Diablo was finally the game it was suppose to be at launch. After the patch I think I spent more time playing it than since launch.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 am

NuuX wrote:WTF!? How come I never noticed this thread!?!? :oops: With the pre-expansion patch (2.0) Diablo was finally the game it was suppose to be at launch. After the patch I think I spent more time playing it than since launch.

Same here!

I recently thanked all my friends on Facebook that no one asked for my company last weekend so I could play all the time without feeling like I let anyone down for not showing up at some AFK event :) Hehe
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:23 am

D3 was suchhh a letdown for me. I played for a bit before losing interest and getting banned for botting :lol:

Ive been all about ESO lately. Yeyy for a somewhat different MMO.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:43 pm

I've been splitting my time between Sleeping Dogs and One Finger Death Punch, and rewatching TotalBiscuit review One Finger Death Punch on Youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN6rYygppY0
    :lol: It's positively hilarious. Take a shot every time he gamegasms during the review.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Been playing lots of Bulletstorm. I'm not particularly fond of First Person Shooters, but this one was very well done and violent as hell with tons of comedy. Even bought the DLCs. Good stuff.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • GamingCarl
    Wiper

by GamingCarl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 am

Has anyone here played Infamous: Second Son? I wanted to know how similar it is to Prototype, if looking at game mechanics?
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Monmisreal wrote:D3 was suchhh a letdown for me. I played for a bit before losing interest and getting banned for botting :lol:

Ive been all about ESO lately. Yeyy for a somewhat different MMO.

After playing Guild Wars 2 I can't stand the never ending stupid quests that you get with the elder scrolls games. They can get their own fucking sword from the cave or send their love letters with someone else ;) hehe!
    But it's more that I get stressed out with so many unfinished quests piling up in my quest logg and I have a hard time turning npc´s down so I just end up running all their erends over and over again ;)
    Would be fun to go all evil in a game sometimes but I end up beeing lawfully good anyway....
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Check out this footage of this really short game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbTtsezso4Q
    I know making fun of Call of Duty is beating a dead horse at this point, but this is hilarious.
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:24 pm

If Anybody play D3 add me WickerMan74#1640
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Diablo 2 was sweet. I had an old school LAN party involving it last year. Hammerdin was broken.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:47 am

Damn. I was looking forward to getting Dark Souls 2 now that the PC version is available on Steam. Luckily, I checked the comments first. What a mess. The game not starting, or starting but not recognizing commands, or not recognizing that an owner of it actually owns it... If this doesn't get sorted out eventually, I'll probably just get it for PS3. This is why I never preorder or buy anything on launch.

On the other hand, it did lead to some truly rich comments, like, "This game is so hard, I can't even launch it. 11/10." :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Round 2

Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:08 am

Now that school is done the gaming has begun. Finished A Link Between Worlds the other day and got a start on Bravely Default. Both amazing but Bravely Default's success has lead square Enix to reconsider their plans for Final Fantasy and bring the series back to its JRPG roots. Worth picking up on the 3DS for sure
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:Now that school is done the gaming has begun. Finished A Link Between Worlds the other day and got a start on Bravely Default. Both amazing but Bravely Default's success has lead square Enix to reconsider their plans for Final Fantasy and bring the series back to its JRPG roots. Worth picking up on the 3DS for sure

I would be SO happy if they finally took Final Fantasy back where it belongs - haven't fully enjoyed one since 9, having grown up on them since the original.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:47 pm

I would love if there happened to be a smash brothers tourney onbroad. Fuck I love this game
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:05 am

Landfill dig uncovers 'worst game ever'.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/games/news/arti ... d=11245082
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:13 am

Is Elder Scrolls Online good?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 am

Stained Class wrote:Is Elder Scrolls Online good?

I was in a few beta weekends before launch. It looks amazing but I found in the end i didn't really want to buy and sub. Maybe WoW burned me out of the MMO experience. Worth checking out i think. I just hope they implement that interface into Elder Scrolls VI.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Elder Scrolls VI.

Is that gonna be a thing? I wasn't expecting anything like that for at least another 5 years, seeing as the have an MMO which I'm sure they'll be busy making lots and lots of DLC for.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:Elder Scrolls VI.

Is that gonna be a thing? I wasn't expecting anything like that for at least another 5 years, seeing as the have an MMO which I'm sure they'll be busy making lots and lots of DLC for.

It's wishful thinking on my part. The "WoW killer" MMO's tend to go Free to Play within 1 year. ESO has a ton of potential though however i said that about Star Wars
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:20 am

Conrad wrote:Landfill dig uncovers 'worst game ever'.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/games/news/arti ... d=11245082

Did lightning flash as the first cartridge was uncovered?
    This sounds like the opening scene to a terrifying horror movie.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:20 am

Oh wow. I just saw the funniest finishing move I've ever seen in a fighting game. In some oldie called "Aggressors of Dark Combat", the sole female fighter in the game blows a kiss and if it makes contact with her opponent, she turns around and starts kissing this other guy who randomly appears behind her. Her opponent stares dumbfounded and then dies of jealousy. :lol: Brilliant!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:14 pm

I am actually really enjoying it. Its still an MMO but its got more staying power than most of the MMOs that have been coming out lately just because its pretty different. Sure, it still has some of the same stupid quests and a hotbar but clicking to attack actually makes the game less monotonous compared to most mmos. You can have completely different specs that you can flip between in the middle of combat. If your tank dies in a group and your dps has a tank offspec you can switch right over and start tanking. It has a lot of small changes that make a huge difference. You can craft using materials in your bank so it doesnt have to be in your bag, the way they do the respeccing is really cool, and being in up to 5 guilds is interesting. There is no world AH, only guild AHs. So you join one or two huge trade guilds then a couple random other guilds.

Overall I think ill play this one for quite a while. Technically the level cap is 60 and im 45 now. Game still holds my interest and the instances are pretty awesome.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:18 pm

Never played an mmo but I think I understood most of that. What's AH?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Stained Class wrote:Never played an mmo but I think I understood most of that. What's AH?

Auction house, the devil that originally killed D3.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:41 pm

klons wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Never played an mmo but I think I understood most of that. What's AH?

Auction house, the devil that originally killed D3.

Ah ok gotcha.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Auction House

Warning Joey, unless you have great discipline, playing any excellent MMO will significantly cut into your guitar practice and other more fruitful pursuit time :evil:

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:36 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Auction House

Warning Joey, unless you have great discipline, playing any excellent MMO will significantly cut into your guitar practice and other more fruitful pursuit time :evil:

Yeah that's what I figured, that's why I've never played one. I do truely love the elder scrolls universe though. We'll see what my life is like after my move to van and it becomes free to play after a while. I doubt I'll have more time than I do now.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed May 07, 2014 3:39 am

Did the beta testing.Probably one of the better mmorpgs out there but it's not great.
    Graphics are a huge step down from Skyrim.First person view wasn't done very well.The field of view is quite limited which leads to awkwardness in combat.Especially trying to dodge aoe areas from enemies and the fact that enemies can sommersault over you.third person view just has so much of an advantage except of course if you plan on doing ranged attacks.
    Crafting system was nice.
    Story isn't great either.You can just loot whatever you want in houses etc.No guards attack you.You don't need to be sneaky.thats one factor from the elder scrolls games i loved.
    Finding chests was really fucking annoying in the game.Because i'd go up and lockpick one to open it and some random dick would run over and open the chest at the same time and loot the items before me.
    I don't know if that issue was adressed before official release.
    Skill trees seemed interesting enough.Would have liked a few more available classes for more variety.Some of the skils seem quite clumsy in the way they connect with enemies.Doesn't look very good.

It's not a very good elder scrolls game but i think if you like mmorpgs it's one of the better ones currently doing the rounds.

Didn't get a chance to test out t he pvp but i can see the first person view causing major issues if you choose to play that way.
Post Reply 1435 posts