Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
Still breathing...
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

Still breathing...

by WallieWallie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:40 pm

In the birthday-thread I came across Laur's post.

Laura wrote:I wished WallieWallie a happy birthday on his facebook wall (complete with an obligatory great 80s pop song link – in today's case - Tenderness by General Public :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmoHQ2DC3zo), since I don’t know if he ever reads this forum anymore…but, what the heck – I’ll say it again here – Happy Birthday!

And something occurred to me when I was on fb this morning and I was looking at the 70K 2012 pictures I have posted there. Because there are now 2 cruises that are splitting some of the “alumni” group up, as well as some of us who are skipping both Barge and 70K 2013, I wonder when and if this particular group of people in the two pictures below (as well as many other pictures I have) will ever be all together again! Makes me think of an old song by Seals and Crofts called We May Never Pass This Way Again. *sniff* (but then again, do I really want or need to see Kevin again?? :lol: :mrgreen: )

Walter, (Australia) Rachael, me, Margie, and you know who.

Margie, Marlo, and Rob

These pictures crack me up because they remind me of summer camp when you visited your friends' cabins. :lol:
    Good Times!!! :cheers:

Just to inform you guys, for those who don't have me on Facebook (or do not use Facebook). I'm still alive and kicking. (even though some recent photos of a zombie run might indicate something else ;) )
    Yes I haven't been much active on here for several reason. Mostly the fact that I have with every forum...I can't handle the amount of information that has been posted after a good night sleep or a day at work!!!
    Secondly, as Laura stated that some of us might have their thought about which cruise to join. Or not join at all.

For me, sad to say, I'm skipping Barge and 70k ToM for at least a year. Doing a cruise and a flight from Europe to USA every year is cutting in the budget. But also in the days off that I need to take. Which I need now more then ever as my girlfriend, as some know, lives in a different country then I do.

So no cruise for me at the end of this year or at the beginning of the new year...but that doesn't mean I will forget those precious moments we all had in 2011 and 2012 and long for more of them in the distant future!

Sharing beerbuckets, passing packages with stroopwafels from cruiser to cruiser, taking 20 mins to get to the toilet as you bump into a friend every 10 meters, elevator moshpits, crashing cabins of fellow cruisers, pranknotes and calls...the list goes on and on...

I may not show my face around here as much as I used to do...that doesn't mean you are forgotten.
    If you miss me...you know where to find me on FB...either to spam me a large private message about how life is, a casual "hi-how-are-you-doing"-post, a poke...or maybe just to lurk on my whacky life... ;)
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Still breathing...

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi Wallie! We'll miss you on the ship this year. Hopefully you can make it back to a future cruise.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Wallie! Shame we won't see you in the next cruises but hopefully see you sometime soon
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 pm

don't worry Wallie, I'll try to fly over and visit your country some time!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:07 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:don't worry Wallie, I'll try to fly over and visit your country some time!

Stay in touch on FB buddy...as that country might change.
    I don't want you to end up in the wrong place with a sad face. ;)
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:12 am

WallieWallie wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:don't worry Wallie, I'll try to fly over and visit your country some time!

Stay in touch on FB buddy...as that country might change.
    I don't want you to end up in the wrong place with a sad face. ;)

What you did there... saw it
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Good to see you're alive and well, mate. It was good having you as a cabin mate, but I too will be skipping the cruise for at least a year. I'll probably be heading to Europe around July/August next year, hoping to stay somewhat permanently (maybe a couple years) so I might see ya 'round!

Cheerio.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm

My Birthday is the first day for 70k in 2013 the 28th!! Wish I could spend it with Jj Lord Grimm.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: he can't make it.. no vacation time
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 pm

WallieWallie wrote:
    I may not show my face around here as much as I used to do...that doesn't mean you are forgotten.
    If you miss me...you know where to find me on FB...either to spam me a large private message about how life is, a casual "hi-how-are-you-doing"-post, a poke...or maybe just to lurk on my whacky life... ;)

You have been poked! :lol: :P And yes, I am still around too. Although, first time on here in a long time.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:30 pm

:deathmetal: :death: :deathmetal: :death: :deathmetal: :death: :deathmetal: :death: :deathmetal: :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1