Post Reply 186 posts
THE HOBBIT!!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: THE HOBBIT!!

by doomguy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:CONRAD!!!! Just for you my friend ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3zHgHaoVko

Hopefully you see it before it gets taken down as all SNL content usually does

I saw it :lol:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:CONRAD!!!! Just for you my friend ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3zHgHaoVko

Hopefully you see it before it gets taken down as all SNL content usually does

I would TOTALLY watch Sauron: Dead And Loving It!!!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 am

That was really funny :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Not suggesting I fully support one side or the other but just thought some following this thread might find it to be an interesting read :cheers:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tolkienfans/comments/17f8ew/if_christopher_tolkien_hates_the_movies_so_much/c84yat9
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 pm

just watched the entire trilogy in one marathon (about 8 1/2 hours) and I'm thoroughly pleased... it was such a great time! Plus the theater gave me 2 free passes for future movies because of audio glitches during the first 2 movies... I didn't even care because I'd already seen them, and the glitch during Desolation Of Smaug was actually really amusing... now I'm gonna settle in and watch the LotR trilogy :D
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:30 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the third one next saturday. Now, I compare the Hobbit movies to the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (in that no one is telling Pete Jackson he can't so shit so everything is getting slopped out without any outside critique. I agree with Maddox that the most damaging thing you can say to someone is "Good Job"), but I will see it.

Chris Tolkein is a sue-happy pigfucker. If he wanted any credibility about his father's work, he shouldn't have put out the Silmarillion AT ALL, and shouldn't have sued everyone who even thought of using Tolkein's work. The man wrote it with the intention that it would be retold like any other myth, "The Last Ringbearer" can't be legally printed in English and I'm not allowed to have Hobbits in D&D MY ASS.

Personally, knowing that the Hobbit pisses him off makes me want to buy tickets twice out of spite.
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:48 am

going Saturday with a group of friends
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 am

This trilogy was magic.. the Middle-Earth is so awesome :cry:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:18 am

I enjoyed it, even though it wildly difers from my memory of the book (they did make up the whole third movie, didn't they?). I wish this would mean that they'd do trilogy remakes of each of the 3 LotR books. Please gimme 9 more movies!!! I give you permission to make shit up again.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 am

gundiesalvo wrote:I enjoyed it, even though it wildly difers from my memory of the book (they did make up the whole third movie, didn't they?).

:lol: Sounds like your memory is a bit hazy. The film could be exactly like the book and you wouldn't know.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Most enjoyable of the 3 for me. I'm waiting to see the entire series in one sitting. A mega marathon! I asked my favourite cinema in London about it, and they said they'll do it next Christmas.

2019 Wishlist:
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Conrad wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:I enjoyed it, even though it wildly difers from my memory of the book (they did make up the whole third movie, didn't they?).

:lol: Sounds like your memory is a bit hazy. The film could be exactly like the book and you wouldn't know.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Most enjoyable of the 3 for me. I'm waiting to see the entire series in one sitting. A mega marathon! I asked my favourite cinema in London about it, and they said they'll do it next Christmas.

i would totally fly to london to do a mega marathon in theaters :shock:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Conrad wrote:

I'm in

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 am

CaptOblivious wrote:i would totally fly to london to do a mega marathon in theaters :shock:

I doubt the cinema chains would do it, the cinema I go to is independent and they do a lot of cool things like that. They have a LOTR marathon every year, they're doing it again on Jan 31st but I'll miss it because I'm flying back to the UK that weekend.

2019 Wishlist:
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 am

Some advice for watching the Hobbit 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BDi3rkBV7s
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today. Loved it! More advice. Bring kleenex. :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today. Loved it! More advice. Bring kleenex. :lol:

Didn't Peewee Herman get in trouble for that??

Yeah the movie was really good. I hated the second one but Peter Jackson mess this one up. I saw it in IMAX 60 frames and I was wondering if anyone else finds it looks extra green screened in this format?
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:Saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today. Loved it! More advice. Bring kleenex. :lol:

Didn't Peewee Herman get in trouble for that??

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kili is pretty fucking hot!
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Okay, what the hell was with the giant worms? And where the hell did the rams come from? and what is this, World of Warcraft?

I enjoyed the movie, but there were parts that didn't sit right with me...
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:37 am

still have to see part 3. but i already know it sucks if you ever have read the hobbit.

the hobbit is also the reason why the silmarillion will never appear on the big screen
    the kids of J.R.R. Tolkien have seen what peter jackson has done with their bedtime story....
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:33 pm

I could care less what the sue-happy little turds like. Tolkien wanted his stories retold like the myths of old, he would have LOVED what Pete Jackson did. He himself was in the process of re-writing everything (for example, the fact that orcs weren't redeemable never sat right with him, he was planning on writing a novel about Legolas and Gimli meeting a bro-tier orc and becoming friends). The Silmarillion movie shouldn't be made because the book shouldn't have been printed, Chris Tolkien basically slapped together his dad's old notes to make a few bucks after he died.

Anything that displeases the Tolkien brats is only encouraging me to do double.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Yeah the movie was really good. I hated the second one but Peter Jackson mess this one up. I saw it in IMAX 60 frames and I was wondering if anyone else finds it looks extra green screened in this format?

I kinda liked the second one better than the third one. It was still good, but it's probably just the 6th best movie of'em all ;)
    ...and yes, even in 2D it looks more green screened than at least the LOTR movies
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:31 pm

gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:00 pm

:lol: My thoughts exactly.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:06 am

gundiesalvo wrote::lol: My thoughts exactly.

what he said
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Diosa Real
    Wiper

by Diosa Real » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:55 am

moneygrab or not- I LOVE IT!!! just ordered some smaug coins :) :D
Post Reply 186 posts