Post Reply 115 posts
Walking Dead back tonight!
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

Walking Dead back tonight!

by BehnWilson » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Cant wait, cliffhanger ended on potentially epic battle of Merle v Daryl.

:death: :death: :death:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: Walking Dead back tonight!

by X-Thor » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Counting the hours...
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:37 pm

YESS!!! Been looking forward to this too.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm

very much looking forward to it!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:32 am

What did everyone think of the episode? I'm quite annoyed Daryl left with Merle.....although I'm sure he will come back at the right moment to save the day when the group gets into shit at the prison. I have a feeling those other people Carl let in are going to cause trouble somehow.

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:27 am

If they stick to the comic books, we're in for some awesome action in the future.

I was kind of dissappointed by the episode. The cliffhanger was resolved quite easily and by a HUGE Deus Ex Machina. You know, like every other episode after a cliffhanger.

Not sure what to think about the new ones. The black guy and girl seem quite nice. Maybe one of them will die when the two other dudes try to fuck things up.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 am

X-Thor wrote:If they stick to the comic books, we're in for some awesome action in the future.

I was kind of dissappointed by the episode. The cliffhanger was resolved quite easily and by a HUGE Deus Ex Machina. You know, like every other episode after a cliffhanger.

Not sure what to think about the new ones. The black guy and girl seem quite nice. Maybe one of them will die when the two other dudes try to fuck things up.

the 2 white guys will try something stupid, and the black guy and girl will stop them, prob killing atleast 1. this'll earn rick's trust

i also thought it could have been better though
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 pm

I don't watch the show, but I'm glad our Elected Officials are ready....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBZuZAoglE

:D
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 pm

I didn't really like how the Daryl/Merle situation was resolved, but they'll be back. The two white guys from the group at the prison are untrustworthy and will probably cause some trouble at some point. The Governor will probably want to get revenge and take over the prison. Exciting stuff in store for future episodes I think. I love this show :D

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm

So what started out as a horrible episode sure ended with a bang
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Yeah I was a bit unsure at the start but enjoyed it more as it went.

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:13 am

Rick is trippin' balls.

2019 Wishlist:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 am

I thought the episode last night was pretty awesome!!!!!!!!! I like all of the action that goes on, and I'm glad Daryl came back! I knew he would! Lets just hope Merle stops being such a dick.

Also, I kind of wish Rick wasn't going so crazy, but I hope he is right that it is happening to him for a reason and something awesome comes out of it -

Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 am

Quite the barn-burner last night, to be sure
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:36 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:I thought the episode last night was pretty awesome!!!!!!!!! I like all of the action that goes on, and I'm glad Daryl came back! I knew he would! Lets just hope Merle stops being such a dick.

Also, I kind of wish Rick wasn't going so crazy, but I hope he is right that it is happening to him for a reason and something awesome comes out of it -

I've thought every season 3 episode was pretty awesome! I'm loving it so far. Daryl was always going to come back, he's one of the main guys and everyone loves him, he wouldn't just disappear all of a sudden never to be seen again. But I like Merle too so I'm glad he's back as well, not sure how that's gonna play out since he's still pissed off about his hand.

Also interested in seeing what comes of Rick's visions.

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Ready for tonights episode.

2019 Wishlist:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 am

Slow episode last night - still enjoyed it though : )

i really dislike the governor !!!!!!!

LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:21 am

could have done without the 20 minute singing moment though - unnecessary!!!!!!

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:26 am

I was at Soulfly last night so NO SPOILERS!!! Actually spoil away I'll just stay out of this thread. :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:could have done without the 20 minute singing moment though - unnecessary!!!!!!

yeah i dont think any of us needed that
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:41 am

Yeah the singing part was awful. It was a slow episode, but unlike Season 2 which was just a boring Zombie Soap Opera, this episode was still entertaining and gave a tense feeling that something is building up between Woodbury and the prison.

2019 Wishlist:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 am

Conrad wrote:Yeah the singing part was awful. It was a slow episode, but unlike Season 2 which was just a boring Zombie Soap Opera, this episode was still entertaining and gave a tense feeling that something is building up between Woodbury and the prison.

I still liked it despite the slowness
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Tis whole governer drivel has brought the show to an absolute standstill and boringness. I couldn't give a rats ass about that guy, his story or existence.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:25 pm

KevinP wrote:Tis whole governer drivel has brought the show to an absolute standstill and boringness. I couldn't give a rats ass about that guy, his story or existence.

i agree here, i am so sick of the damned governer i feel like its dragging and he needs to be killed. but i'm sure they'll drag it out to atleast the end of the season
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 pm

KevinP wrote:Tis whole governer drivel has brought the show to an absolute standstill and boringness. I couldn't give a rats ass about that guy, his story or existence.

LOL. If you think season 3 is boring, try watching season 2, it was like Days of our Lives but with one or two zombies thrown in the mix. Everyone hates The Governor, I think that's the whole point, the show needs someone you despise.. will make it all the more satisfying when he is killed :D But yeah he is a big part of the story at the moment so I can see it being dragged on a bit. Of course I haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what could potentially happen, I'm just guessing.

2019 Wishlist:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm

I haven't really disliked any of the episodes - sure some are slow and uneventful but I still think they are necessary towards building the story line. I think it is an excellent show!

And yes, I really can't stand the governor, but I also wish Rick was a little less crazy, but lets see where that takes us!

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm

well, from what I know about the Governor... they've kinda censored the bejeesus out of him from the comics... apparently in the comics he spent a lot of time raping Michone a lot and was really really horrible
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:well, from what I know about the Governor... they've kinda censored the bejeesus out of him from the comics... apparently in the comics he spent a lot of time raping Michone a lot and was really really horrible

Yeah, the comics governor is a great character. The series' one sucks, though. I have the feeling this will be dragged out until the end of the season, when we'll be treated to the war between the prison camp and the governor's people. Until then, YAWN.

--
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am

Oh yeah, that's a character I really hate, Michone. I'm indifferent about the Governor, but Michone I really just can't stand, worst character on the show IMO. It's her facial expressions, she's always got her head down and frowning trying too hard to look evil and badass all the time, but she just looks stupid! It's annoying.

2019 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:15 am

For me the series has gone downhill ever since the first episode.

The first episode was spectacular but its been on a downward spiral ever since.

Very close to giving up on the show altogether - the only saving grace is Daryl. If he dies its game over for me!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Feb Whitesnake-/-Scorpions May Tyr-/-Arkona Threshold
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:49 am

Daryl is everyones favourite character, I think! Including mine. He's a cool dude, but bad ass at the same time, without trying to be! Unlike the try-hard Michone, I wouldn't be upset if she died... It would be in their best interest to keep Daryl alive, and that's why as the most popular character on the show, I knew he'd return before too long when he left with Merle, it just wouldn't make sense for him to just disappear like that.

The show is a bit up and down, the first episode was great, Season 2 was a snoozefest, but I'm loving Season 3. I think it's too much to ask though, to keep every episode as awesome as the pilot, after all it is a zombie series, so I kinda expected it to be like this from the get-go. Firing Frank Darabont didn't help. ZOMBIES!

2019 Wishlist:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Conrad wrote:Daryl is everyones favourite character, I think! Including mine. He's a cool dude, but bad ass at the same time, without trying to be! Unlike the try-hard Michone, I wouldn't be upset if she died... It would be in their best interest to keep Daryl alive, and that's why as the most popular character on the show, I knew he'd return before too long when he left with Merle, it just wouldn't make sense for him to just disappear like that.

The show is a bit up and down, the first episode was great, Season 2 was a snoozefest, but I'm loving Season 3. I think it's too much to ask though, to keep every episode as awesome as the pilot, after all it is a zombie series, so I kinda expected it to be like this from the get-go. Firing Frank Darabont didn't help. ZOMBIES!

It's easy to keep every episode as cool as the pilot: FOLLOW THE FUCKING COMICS! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

--
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 pm

X-Thor wrote:It's easy to keep every episode as cool as the pilot: FOLLOW THE FUCKING COMICS! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

Not necessarily true. Wasn't it mentioned previously in this thread that the Governor character is censored in the TV series? (For obvious reasons) and probably not the only one. It's easy to say "they should have followed the comics/books" when a book is adapted into a film or TV series, but the reality is that it's not always practical or the right thing to do.

2019 Wishlist:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Conrad wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:It's easy to keep every episode as cool as the pilot: FOLLOW THE FUCKING COMICS! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

Not necessarily true. Wasn't it mentioned previously in this thread that the Governor character is censored in the TV series? (For obvious reasons) and probably not the only one. It's easy to say "they should have followed the comics/books" when a book is adapted into a film or TV series, but the reality is that it's not always practical or the right thing to do.

I'm pretty sure you can make a "censor"-approved governor without ruining the series. The problem, IMO, isn't that the characters aren't true to the comics (which is true and a big issue :shock: ). The main problem is the stalling of everything IN THE MIDDLE OF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. :roll:

--
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't hate Michone - we just don't know enough about her.

from what I have heard from a friend who read the comics, he said that the show is very different from the comics - maybe if I can find time, I'll read them although I'm not a huge comics fan. I do love reading though -

I'm just interested to see where the show is going - what will happen in the next episode!

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can make a "censor"-approved governor without ruining the series. The problem, IMO, isn't that the characters aren't true to the comics (which is true and a big issue :shock: ). The main problem is the stalling of everything IN THE MIDDLE OF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. :roll:

I'm pretty sure it's easier said than done. Something that most people fail to realise, is that the written medium are completely different to the visual medium and require an entirely different approach to story telling. Some changes (or in your case ruining) would need to be made. The stalling of everything builds character and plot development which is necessary in television, and in the apocalypse it invokes a sense of despair as the characters struggle to survive, it made season 2 quite boring, but they've found a good balance for Season 3 so far. If your idea of a zombie apocalypse is a never ending bombardment of zombies and fighting, every episode would just be a zombie bloodbath which would get tiresome after a couple episodes and would surely "ruin" the show, it wouldn't work for television.
    Last edited by doomguy on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:28 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:I don't hate Michone - we just don't know enough about her.

from what I have heard from a friend who read the comics, he said that the show is very different from the comics - maybe if I can find time, I'll read them although I'm not a huge comics fan. I do love reading though -

I'm just interested to see where the show is going - what will happen in the next episode!

Yeah we don't know much about Michone at all. It's the way she looks that I don't like about her, she's always got her head down and trying really hard to look evil and badass. I dunno why it just gets on my nerves. Daryl on the other hand is a genuine badass but without trying to look like it. I'd like her more if she was more like that. Other than that, I'm enjoying the show and looking forward to the next episode!

I have the e-books of The Walking Dead somewhere, just haven't got around to them as I'm not much of a comic nerd either. I enjoy reading, just not usually comics. However I did enjoy the Sin City and Watchmen graphic novels.

2019 Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 pm

the creator of the comics is a writer on the show... so I think anything different from the comics, still being at his liberty, is hard to call him out for... and Daryl and Merle weren't even in the comics, and he's claimed them as a couple of hisfavorites to write for.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:11 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:the creator of the comics is a writer on the show... so I think anything different from the comics, still being at his liberty, is hard to call him out for...

Exactly!

2019 Wishlist:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 pm

So now we are beginning to see the true side of the govenor - him and his torture room -
    I wonder what is going to happen to Andrea ?

Are there 2 more episodes of the season?

Post Reply 115 posts