Post Reply 8873 posts
Random bitching thread
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Random bitching thread

by KDibildeaux » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:09 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Made it to Monument Valley but the weather fucking sucks! Wind seems like it's over 30mph so there are dust storms everywhere. Can't even see the awesome rock formations 'cause of the dust :cry:. Hope it clears up by tomorrow :cry:

The wind advisory said the gusts are going up to 50. Felt like it! I love tasting dirt in my mouth :roll: The weather during the day was decent enough, but this is harsh. Glad we didn't have any plans tonight. Hopefully we can see stuff tomorrow morning! And hopefully this hotel's internet speeds up :lol:

I hate wind so much! :evil:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:12 pm

MadameLePink wrote:Just found out Agalloch is playing in Copenhagen tonight and I didn't know :cry: Shame on me!

I hope ya somehow made it... they're AMAZING live!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Warbringer-Coroner-Onslaught-GodDethroned-MorsPrincipiumEst-Eluveitie-Arkona-ParadiseLost

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Just found out Agalloch is playing in Copenhagen tonight and I didn't know :cry: Shame on me!

I didn't go in the end, I guess I was just too lazy to get my ass out of the house :cry: I regret it now, but we had already plans for Svartsot tonight and we've been spending too much money lately :(
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:38 am

Wind blew the whole night :cry:. Gonna have some very hazy Monument Valley photos........ Oh well C'est la vie
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Wind blew the whole night :cry:. Gonna have some very hazy Monument Valley photos........ Oh well C'est la vie

It was supposed to die down overnight but Utah apparently has very bad weathermen. Stupid mormons!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Wind blew the whole night :cry:. Gonna have some very hazy Monument Valley photos........ Oh well C'est la vie

It was supposed to die down overnight but Utah apparently has very bad weathermen. Stupid mormons!

winds have picked up tremendously in denver in the past couple of hours.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:04 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

winds have picked up tremendously in denver in the past couple of hours.

It wasn't gusting to 50mph anymore but is still really annoying :evil:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Monument Valley was a bit of a disappointment :(. The big rocks are really cool but the rocky dirt road is so bad that it makes it hard to enjoy whole driving in a compact car. The weather didn't help, either
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:13 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Monument Valley was a bit of a disappointment :(. The big rocks are really cool but the rocky dirt road is so bad that it makes it hard to enjoy whole driving in a compact car. The weather didn't help, either

Yeah, if they would have just indicated that one needs a truck or SUV to properly navigate it instead of insisting that any car can make it that would've been nice to know. :bitch: Fuck, they really don't run that park well. I think it's time the white man came in and stole that land from the injuns so some proper park management can take place. We're pretty good at doing that :D

Oh, and somebody tell the Navajo that one can drive at least up to the speed limit on the reservation. Fucking slow ass cars. :roll: It's a good thing they're nice people!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:18 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Monument Valley was a bit of a disappointment :(. The big rocks are really cool but the rocky dirt road is so bad that it makes it hard to enjoy whole driving in a compact car. The weather didn't help, either

Yeah, if they would have just indicated that one needs a truck or SUV to properly navigate it instead of insisting that any car can make it that would've been nice to know. :bitch: Fuck, they really don't run that park well. I think it's time the white man came in and stole that land from the injuns so some proper park management can take place. We're pretty good at doing that :D

Oh, and somebody tell the Navajo that one can drive at least up to the speed limit on the reservation. Fucking slow ass cars. :roll: It's a good thing they're nice people!

This rant just made me :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:22 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

This rant just made me :lol:

Figured of all the different peoples I've managed to offend over the months, our very own natives somehow had escaped. Not anymore!

FYI: Injun is apparently a proper word according to my spellchecker :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:52 pm

You forgot to mention how they constantly stressed to us that Antelope Canyon was on MST year round(AZ doesn't do daylight savings, so half the time we're on MST and the other half on Pacific time) and it even said on their website , but when we go there an hour early, making it 8 am MST, they weren't open. When we called to ask they said that it wasn't time yet. So they actually were on Pacific time :lol:
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 pm

MadameLePink wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

I didn't go in the end, I guess I was just too lazy to get my ass out of the house :cry: I regret it now, but we had already plans for Svartsot tonight and we've been spending too much money lately :(

I want to see Svartsot :evil: for another thread but they are on my wishlist
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:You forgot to mention how they constantly stressed to us that Antelope Canyon was on MST year round(AZ doesn't do daylight savings, so half the time we're on MST and the other half on Pacific time) and it even said on their website , but when we go there an hour early, making it 8 am MST, they weren't open. When we called to ask they said that it wasn't time yet. So they actually were on Pacific time :lol:

The girl at the hotel desk was adamant about us being on Mountain Time too even though when we asked her the current time it was the current time in the Pacific Time Zone.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:You forgot to mention how they constantly stressed to us that Antelope Canyon was on MST year round(AZ doesn't do daylight savings, so half the time we're on MST and the other half on Pacific time) and it even said on their website , but when we go there an hour early, making it 8 am MST, they weren't open. When we called to ask they said that it wasn't time yet. So they actually were on Pacific time :lol:

The girl at the hotel desk was adamant about us being on Mountain Time too even though when we asked her the current time it was the current time in the Pacific Time Zone.

dumbass!!!!!!!!!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:37 pm

People here do seem a bit confused about time :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:People here do seem a bit confused about time :lol:

wonder if your state gov't has anything to do with that!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:54 pm

WizardBeast wrote:

The state doesn't have a whole lot of jurisdiction in the tribal lands. Most of the area we've been in is part of Navajo Nation. Navajo Nation is supposedly on Mountain Time year round, unlike the State of Arizona.

Not that I'm writing off the extreme amounts of batshit insanity within this state's borders though.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

The state doesn't have a whole lot of jurisdiction in the tribal lands. Most of the area we've been in is part of Navajo Nation. Navajo Nation is supposedly on Mountain Time year round, unlike the State of Arizona.

Not that I'm writing off the extreme amounts of batshit insanity within this state's borders though.

They say they're mountain time, but they weren't :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

They say they're mountain time, but they weren't :lol:

At least in the areas around Page. Maybe if we went into the bustling town of Kaibeto they would've been on Mountain Time. The whole damn thing wouldn't be so confusing if Arizona didn't have to be special and not follow Daylight Saving Time :roll: Of course, the Navajos could just follow what the state does within state borders, and follow the other states' times where the reservation is in those borders. Of course, then we get all kinds of confused with Monument Valley's roadway entrance being in Utah but the actual roadway being in Arizona :lol:
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:15 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

AZ does not do daylight savings time. It is do to the fact they are a desert and do not want one added hour of daylight to add heat to an already hot area during the summer. No shit. It is the same type of line that midwesterners give for having day light saving time for allowing more time in the fields. It was a Nixon thing and we are still paying for it.
    Also, all tribal land within the US is dealt with by the Federal Government. Long story, long laws, and most people will not understand or care.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:45 am

Navajo Nation is semi-autonomous whose laws are subject to review/approval by the US Department of the Interior. Daylight Saving Time is bullshit to begin with. Changing the clocks doesn't change the amount of sunlight during the day, btw. ;) I believe the idea was about conserving energy as well, though the results may be disputed.
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 pm

mooyagi wrote:Navajo Nation is semi-autonomous whose laws are subject to review/approval by the US Department of the Interior. Daylight Saving Time is bullshit to begin with. Changing the clocks doesn't change the amount of sunlight during the day, btw. ;) I believe the idea was about conserving energy as well, though the results may be disputed.

I heard it had something to do with farming and when farmers get up in the morning? I don't know. It's pretty irrelevant these days anyway.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 pm

sometimes bein' single sucks more than usual... I know some lil' guys who'd love to hunt for eggs tomorrow... :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Warbringer-Coroner-Onslaught-GodDethroned-MorsPrincipiumEst-Eluveitie-Arkona-ParadiseLost

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:sometimes bein' single sucks more than usual... I know some lil' guys who'd love to hunt for eggs tomorrow... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope your guys find an egg soon!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:sometimes bein' single sucks more than usual... I know some lil' guys who'd love to hunt for eggs tomorrow... :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHHA dude, very very nice.

:wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

well i hope it only looks for an egg but does not really find one!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:49 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

well i hope it only looks for an egg but does not really find one!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good point!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:50 pm

babies = trying to make them is fun, actually making them....not for everyone!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:39 am

gnoff wrote:I am on a new quest

I will hunt down and kill the fucker that designed my curtain

I need to kill someone today, should be the fucker that designed that piece of shit

Never heard so much anger about a curtain before :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:51 am

mooyagi wrote:

I need to kill someone today, should be the fucker that designed that piece of shit

Never heard so much anger about a curtain before :lol:

he's on a rampage! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

very dramatic. oscar worthy performance!

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it really hard to remove or something?
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:00 am

KDibildeaux wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

apparently it's one of those wooden or bamboo type window covers, and the mechanism that raises and lowers it broke.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:04 am

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:07 am

i'll bet!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

apparently it's one of those wooden or bamboo type window covers, and the mechanism that raises and lowers it broke.

I could see that being really annoying :?
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:14 am

of course it breaks when he's trying to get his house ready to sell.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:25 am

Ah, sounds stressful! hope things start to go a better soon!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:34 am

Maybe you should call it a night and that way you'll wake up refreshed and probably get a lot more done
Post Reply 8873 posts