Post Reply 8851 posts
Random bitching thread
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Random bitching thread

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Evican wrote:I have found that this past week I haven't been on that much because all the lurkers have registered and come out of hiding to post useless shit that they'd find the answer to if they just searched for it. Instead it's me who's doing the searching in order to find the threads I post in frequently because their shit is sprawled all over the first two pages of threads! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You aren't kidding. Note to all wipers, there's a search bar in the upper right corner of the screen.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Evican wrote:I have found that this past week I haven't been on that much because all the lurkers have registered and come out of hiding to post useless shit that they'd find the answer to if they just searched for it. Instead it's me who's doing the searching in order to find the threads I post in frequently because their shit is sprawled all over the first two pages of threads! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You aren't kidding. Note to all wipers, there's a search bar in the upper right corner of the screen.

i KNOW. people come late to the table and they want everything handed to them....grr!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:38 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

i KNOW. people come late to the table and they want everything handed to them....grr!

I know I did it when I first joined as well, but now it's getting annoying because there seems to be a new repeat thread every friggin' day now.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:32 am

Weight loss has been great for how my clothes fit and the fact that I can start to see my collarbones, but I went to put on my wedding ring this morning and it slides right off. I will not be able to get it resized in time for the cruise, plus I aint done losing weight.

I may be wearing it on a necklace or something...or perhaps hubby will turn me loose on all those 20-something blondes that are going to be on the ship! Hey, this belongs in the rejoicing thread!!!!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:39 am

rhiawiz wrote:Weight loss has been great for how my clothes fit and the fact that I can start to see my collarbones, but I went to put on my wedding ring this morning and it slides right off. I will not be able to get it resized in time for the cruise, plus I aint done losing weight.

I may be wearing it on a necklace or something...or perhaps hubby will turn me loose on all those 20-something blondes that are going to be on the ship! Hey, this belongs in the rejoicing thread!!!!

just get one of those plastic ring-sizer things. Or, if the open-marriage vacation thing works for you I guess that is an option as well... :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 am

at work..... just rolled my fkn ankle.....
    fuck
    i dnt think its that bad !
    20 + hr flight in 5 days
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:46 am

Inquisitor wrote:Or you could just sell parts of her. I'm sure you can find a guy in Cozumel to arrange it.

Sir, I LIKE HOW YOU THINK!
    D E C K 6
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:49 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:Weight loss has been great for how my clothes fit and the fact that I can start to see my collarbones, but I went to put on my wedding ring this morning and it slides right off. I will not be able to get it resized in time for the cruise, plus I aint done losing weight.

just get one of those plastic ring-sizer things. Or, if the open-marriage vacation thing works for you I guess that is an option as well... :lol:

I didn't know they made plastic ring sizers! I will have to look into that.. But husband sure as hell won't know they make them, and I will never be able to get one in time...dearest me! Lol. Just kidding, I already have a hot blonde and that is my man.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:50 am

yeah, they come in plastic and metal, any jeweler will have them.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 am

AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:Or you could just sell parts of her. I'm sure you can find a guy in Cozumel to arrange it.

It's all about thinking outside the box :twisted:
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:17 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:

...Or thinking about WHO's going IN the box? :lol:
    D E C K 6
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:23 am

AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:Sir, I LIKE HOW YOU THINK!

well, we know who the #1 suspect will be if she does just happen to disappear. (public forum, HELLLOOO...) :lol:

Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 am

AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:

This reminds me of a pickup line I once used "I know you've lost your virginity, but can I have the box it came in?"
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:38 am

Disaster Area wrote:well, we know who the #1 suspect will be if she does just happen to disappear. (public forum, HELLLOOO...) :lol:

OOPS! :twisted:

No, seriously. I wouldn't hurt her. But GODDAMN!

Inquisitor wrote:This reminds me of a pickup line I once used "I know you've lost your virginity, but can I have the box it came in?"

Had it been me, I probably would have popped you right in the jaw, HOWEVER...LOL its a REALLY good one. Use that one more often. Its far to good to sit on the bench.
    D E C K 6
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:38 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:It's all about thinking outside the box :twisted:

This reminds me of a pickup line I once used "I know you've lost your virginity, but can I have the box it came in?"

i have actually never heard that one before...LOL
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 am

Friends who never use THEIR time and resources to visit us but still ask us to our time/spend money on them and their life choices are really starting to make me furious.

I got an email from an old friend who is very busy with her FOURTH pregnancy. Apparently, even with three toddlers at the house and lots of family and friends around to swap stuff with, they still "are missing a lot of things that are needed." so I get a mass email basically telling us all to go buy shit from the registry. Don't mind getting presents or helping out, but how many are you going to have and what's with the "demand" tone of the registry email? Why doesn't all the baby stuff you already have (from the baby you had LAST YEAR, let alone the previous two) still work for this one? Is there any sort of etiquette anymore regarding weddings, wedding parties or baby showers, or is it just one big ol' presumptuous, self-absorbed shove at your friends and family to buy you crap no matter the circumstance or your attitude? Does it matter anymore if it's your 12th wedding or 12th kid, or still married to someone else until three months before the new wedding/baby or whatever? Perhaps not. You still need us to help foot the bill for your damned ego, because it always has champaigne tastes on a tap water budget. And you've already tapped your parents out with frivilous, expensive demands and you've already maxed out on your own debt. We owe it to you as friends, really. But you never have to do a thing for us. We like being used and then forgotten about after your big party. :twisted:

Until you start using YOUR time and money to visit us once in a decade or at least say THANK YOU once in a while after we show up and hand over any of our household resources to your prideful cause, no more funding and present requests... darned takers. Funny how they're always "too poor" to do anything... until they really want something for themselves. Then the money magically materializes for whatever vacation, ect. and we are just expected to show up at their doorstep again as usual on our dime.

I'm going to probably go spend my money on the cruise instead of buying people who never call or visit more junk that they won't even use after a year or two. Because I'm feeling mean like that. God help the next out of state friend who says "So when are you coming back to visit?", because I am eventually going to go postal on them. And that would be sad. :cry:

OK. Now off to lunch. I feel so much better now that I got that out. Now I can go be social with people again. :cool:
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:25 am

Daenerys wrote:They say 3 things bring people to the emergency room - 1) Pain 2) Fear and 3) Bleeding. They need to add a 4) People who want pain meds and have NOTHING wrong with them, but obligate me to do huge work-up at the taxpayer's expense for fear of being sued :evil:

As someone who lives in South Florida, possibly prescription drug fraud capital of the US, I can empathize with your frustrations about the freakin' pill junkies and their effect on their communities. They cause so much trouble and it's too profitable for the drug companies to want to do anything about it, still sales to them! They do only worry about lawsuits. Not people whose lives are being ruined, or the legitimate patients who will be affected with serious meds being overprescribed (again, can't mess with sales!).

But yeah. no more talk about drug companies right now or I'll be fired up on the rampage for the rest of the day... maybe later when I'm home and can raise hell without coworkers looking at me weird. :|
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Text messages of "are you mad at me?" at 2:00 in the FUCKING MORNING when the person KNEW I had to wake up at 4:30 am for work.

One of the most redundant fucking text messages I have ever received. Dumb. So bloody dumb. SOOOO close to replying "STOP BEING SUCH A FUCKING VAGINA AND GROW A PAIR".

I apologize if my subsequent posts today are very "anti-men" (Debb - your avatar is looking hotter and hotter as the day goes on ;) lol jk).
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:02 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Text messages of "are you mad at me?" at 2:00 in the FUCKING MORNING when the person KNEW I had to wake up at 4:30 am for work.

One of the most redundant fucking text messages I have ever received. Dumb. So bloody dumb. SOOOO close to replying "STOP BEING SUCH A FUCKING VAGINA AND GROW A PAIR".

I apologize if my subsequent posts today are very "anti-men" (Debb - your avatar is looking hotter and hotter as the day goes on ;) lol jk).

When did you become a vagitarian?
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Inquisitor wrote:When did you become a vagitarian?

:lol: Ahhh so many responses to that...

Lets just say vagina has never and will never be on my menu :lol: ;)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Amandroid wrote:Friends who never use THEIR time and resources to visit us but still ask us to our time/spend money on them and their life choices are really starting to make me furious.

I got an email from an old friend who is very busy with her FOURTH pregnancy....

that's all i needed to see right there. if they wanted four babies, they can pay for four babies. because i have zero, but if i did have one i sure as hell wouldn't be demanding that others take care of buying shit for it. that email you got would put me over the top, too. i'm already not an inherent fan of kids *though i do like well behaved inquisitive children*.

four though? really? let 'em deal with 'em then.
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:03 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Then it looks like "2 girls, 1 boat" wont be getting made on this trip.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Inquisitor wrote:Then it looks like "2 girls, 1 boat" wont be getting made on this trip.

I lined myself up for that one :roll: :lol:
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:Then it looks like "2 girls, 1 boat" wont be getting made on this trip.

I lined myself up for that one :roll: :lol:

;)
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:44 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Text messages of "are you mad at me?" at 2:00 in the FUCKING MORNING when the person KNEW I had to wake up at 4:30 am for work.

ha haa...LOVE IT!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:44 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

ha haaa...love this even more! :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 pm

This reminds me of the name of a home maintainence company I saw on my way to work one morning.

"Two chicks and a lawn mower".

There's no way in hell those girls ever had slow business. :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Evican wrote:

This reminds me of the name of a home maintainence company I saw on my way to work one morning.

"Two chicks and a lawn mower".

There's no way in hell those girls ever had slow business. :lol:

I wonder if the lawnmower is from the Snapper company...
    nymphet
    Petty Officer

by nymphet » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Awwwwwwwwwww, I was not going to work tomorrow.... I was going to work on myself... my self development in art.... I was sooooooooooooo waiting to have this day to be with myself and work on the subject with dignity.........
    but no.... effin project shoots up the sky with its costs and we don't know if it will be economic and we need to get the package together, so I can go on to the cruise....
    So, here I get to get up at 5 am work my ass off, then go to work my ass off a second time at my other job, then get up early again on Saturday to further my art 4 hours driving, 4 hours physical.... back to work on Sunday at home, so I can go back to work on Monday with as little stress as possible....

effin f and a..... yes, I am stressed out........... Image
    A "metal heart" is hard to break apart.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:51 am

Evican wrote:I detest sifting through the meaningless drabble the forums have been flooded with.

...and I thought I was the only one who can't stand it; I'm glad to read that others have the same problems adjusting to the new situation
    Debb, you're right...let's pack...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 am

Got through 4 shifts at the place I got transferred to and all's well but now it's Friday morning and instead of preparing for my final, pre-trip weekend, I'm sitting her preparing to go BACK TO FUCKING WORK tonight! Haven't had to work a Friday night in about 6 years but now I get to do it every week. 44 freaking years old and ten years with the agency and they see fit to screw me outta my weekends. 5 more shifts before VACATION TIME!!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:38 am

Not sure if I should post this in the random rejoicing or random bitching thread. Delicious food is such a double edged sword sometimes...

I ate the whole freakin' barbacoa burritosaurus for lunch (that is what I call it. It is HUGE) from the local carniceria. It was heavenly, it was perfect, authentic Mexican goodness with green avacado/chili sauce on the side in just the right amount.

But now the afternoon may suck, because I'll probably want to just fall asleep in an hour and feel "too full" until dinner. But I have to work until 5, so no nap. And I wish that I had another burrito, but I don't. This is the last one that I get until after I get back from the cruise. :cry:
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 am

I just read this sentiment AGAIN and it's pushed me over the edge. MUST VENT!

What is up with the complaint about the last band not being "bigger"!?!? Not everyone likes everything and I'd understand someone voicing that they were expecting a "better" band (though I'd still think they were just being difficult) or one of a certain subgenre or something, but "bigger"? Come on. Is there really going to be a contingent of people who only booked because they figured they'd get to see a Slayer show with 39 opening bands and had the money to gamble with? I appreciate plenty of "big" bands, but being picked up by a major label and having a crazy big tour promoted and a spread in a metal magazine every month is NOT what defines "good" in my book.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:57 am

Don't worry, the cruise should set everyone back a year or so
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:58 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:I just read this sentiment AGAIN and it's pushed me over the edge. MUST VENT!

What is up with the complaint about the last band not being "bigger"!?!? Not everyone likes everything and I'd understand someone voicing that they were expecting a "better" band (though I'd still think they were just being difficult) or one of a certain subgenre or something, but "bigger"? Come on. Is there really going to be a contingent of people who only booked because they figured they'd get to see a Slayer show with 39 opening bands and had the money to gamble with? I appreciate plenty of "big" bands, but being picked up by a major label and having a crazy big tour promoted and a spread in a metal magazine every month is NOT what defines "good" in my book.

Agreed, I'd be happy with 10 bands playing twice...Guardian, Iced Earth, Gamma Ray, Sabaton, Finntroll, Ensiferum, all the happy cheesy goodness. To be fair though, I've seen CIIC and it didn't change my life.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:06 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:I just read this sentiment AGAIN and it's pushed me over the edge. MUST VENT!

Preach it, sister! Are people still really upset about this? :roll:

YOU SPENT THE MONEY. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. We all collectively kind of went, "Oh. Okay."(at least some of us, as the way bands were being announced, I guess we figured there would be a culmination, of sorts ), BUT are you really not satisfied with the myriad of other bands you're going to get to see? On a four day cruise, no less?

Last time I checked, the funnest thing about metal was discovering & supporting newer or smaller bands. Just because they're smaller acts, doesn't mean they're not as good. If the music isn't your cup of tea, well, then...Go visit the bar. :lol:
    D E C K 6
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:39 am

Just wanted to give a big shout-out to the fucking ice on the road that shot me through an intersection into oncoming traffic, and caused me to hit the taxi that was already left. Fuck you ice and cold weather, and fuck you city of Edmonton for not keeping the main roads salted/sanded when the weather conditions are obviously calling for it. I didn't need to have my night ruined with a busted bumper + other various dents and a ridiculous ticket and the other guy certainly didn't need his night ruining with a broken axle and a ticket for himself as well.

Fuck this shit, I can't wait to get my dual-citizenship for England and get away from this wasteland.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:48 am

^^^^ wow - that sux Jeff!

I don't usually post on this thread...but here goes
    my 11 year old dislocated her knee last Monday in a freak accident slipping in the hallway at her grade school :cry: - therefore she and I are hunkered down in Chitown this long weekend (we Americans have the Martin Luther King holiday off tomorrow) - while hubby and daughter #2 are skiiing in Utah. This was a family trip planned long ago, but as we all know SHIT happens!. So THAT is why I'm posting more than usual - Genevieve and I are both feeling pretty "stir crazy" at this point in the weekend. But in a way, we're having fun being lazy - watching TV and movies and ordering carry-out food.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 am

guess who lost his creditcard! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    the new one SHOULD arrive prior to my departure...but there's no guarantee
    don't know how things are going to work with the miami heat - the creditcard it the only "ticket"...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Earlier this week I was offered a job (I'm currently unemployed and have been job hunting for a long time) but it required me to start tomorrow and naturally they were not very accommodating when I mentioned I couldn't work the week of the cruise. Therefore I had no choice but to turn it down. I'm pretty angry that they couldn't have me start 2 weeks later.

Now that's off my chest I can enjoy the cruise and worry about begging them for the job when I get back.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
Post Reply 8851 posts