Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: Random bitching thread

by mooyagi » Tue May 22, 2012 7:09 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
mooyagi wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:Bitch of the day:

It was 107ºF (almost 42ºC) according to my car today :roll:

:shock: That's unbearable. Glad I wasn't there for that :lol: Then again, it's been hot in NH too. Almost forgot how much humid weather sucks.

dood, humidity is hell on earth! how long you there?

I have no idea. A few weeks at least.
I should get around to updating my signature
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Tue May 22, 2012 7:14 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
Michael D. wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:That does suck! What have them temps been?

They have only been in the low 90's which normally is not bad but coupled with strong winds and very dry air and no clouds it just plain HOT, especially in the evening.I get more sensitive to the heat, the sun, everything, when my allergies go into overdrive. Everything is brighter, louder, and I'm more irritated. :bitch: :D

Ah. Gotta say, now that I've been here almost 5 years I find the 90's pretty bearable, but before living here I found it horrible, do I get ya. We have a breeze here, but it's hot. Not exactly a help :lol:. Hope it cools off for ya!

Yeah, not exactly a cooling breeze out there :shock:
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Wed May 23, 2012 12:18 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm feeling a bit better today though.

And a lot worse today. Well, I have plans of going out on Friday night to see Before the Dawn and Lunar Path, so another vodka treatment might be in order. Oh, we're going out on Saturday with a friend who also loves IPAs. Surely hops will scare the cold away! :D
Wishlist:
SABATON / ARKONA / STUCK MOJO / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Wed May 23, 2012 1:50 am

17C here today, should go up to 22C on Friday. The temperature goes down to 5-10C during the nights, so not really a summery weather yet here.
Wishlist:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed May 23, 2012 7:14 am

Memnoch wrote:17C here today, should go up to 22C on Friday. The temperature goes down to 5-10C during the nights, so not really a summery weather yet here.

This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend in the US. In the Northeast, that means the unofficial start of summer. Going to be in the 30sC here.
User

CaptOblivious

Rank

Ensign

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Westbank B.C. Canada

by CaptOblivious » Wed May 23, 2012 8:22 am

gnoff wrote:I was just gone for 2 hours from home

in that time one of my nice neighbours have gone into my yard and helped themselves to almost all of my rhubarbs, neatly cut them off

broad daylight, middle of the day, just walked into someones yard with their knife and stolen things

had they offered to cut my lawn I wouldn't care

fucking rhubarbs are available t the store 3 minutes walk for 5 USD per kilo, not exactly expensive, but apparently these ppl seems to think my things are free for them...

well yeah your moving that means all you shit is fair game now. also fresh from the plant beats store bought any day
You can't have slaughter without laughter
2012-cabin # 4519
2012-BtH cabin# 2563
2013-cabin # 3015
2014-cabin # 2515
2015-cabin # 8659
Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
Hockeyagi 2013 champ
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 am

CaptOblivious wrote:

in that time one of my nice neighbours have gone into my yard and helped themselves to almost all of my rhubarbs, neatly cut them off

broad daylight, middle of the day, just walked into someones yard with their knife and stolen things

fucking rhubarbs are available t the store 3 minutes walk for 5 USD per kilo, not exactly expensive, but apparently these ppl seems to think my things are free for them...

well yeah your moving that means all you shit is fair game now. also fresh from the plant beats store bought any day

Were you there when it was happening? If you know who it is, you should visit one day with a gift of rhubarbs you bought from the store. Tell them aplologetically, "I was going to offer some from my garden, but someone took them all when I wasn't looking. Luckily the store has some for real cheap."
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 am

sageoftruth wrote:
CaptOblivious wrote:

Were you there when it was happening? If you know who it is, you should visit one day with a gift of rhubarbs you bought from the store. Tell them aplologetically, "I was going to offer some from my garden, but someone took them all when I wasn't looking. Luckily the store has some for real cheap."

:lol: That would be awesome
User

WizardBeast

Rank

Captain

Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Denver, CO

by WizardBeast » Wed May 23, 2012 12:20 pm

i'm too stressed right now....cramming all the synth parts for 8 songs into my head to be recorded in the studio on Tuesday, and of course my mother-in-law is visiting this weekend, so i have to entertain instead of practice the whole time as i'd like, so i keep practicing at stupid times like late at night, making me get into work late and then stay late and then practice even fucking later each night.

could skip karate practice to do music but i can't because i'm testing for my next rank in a few weeks and need practice there as well.

already missing two days of work for music, and would love to take more time off but then i won't have enough vacation time for travel. also supposed to start my veggie garden but when the hell am i gonna do that?

too much shit this month! i cannot wait for June, then i'll be done with my tracking for the new band (seriously like very few days to learn so many songs, if i didn't have to also work and do everything else i'm doing). then i'll focus on karate stuff and test on June 16th (test is supposed to be 3-5 hours long at least, but of course since i have no TIME, i don't have time to do endurance training right now just interval training and shit that doesn't take long). then who knows if i'll be asked to interview for the director position at work, but obviously i'll need to prepare for that! i'm just way too busy with music, work, karate, family, housework, pretty much everything.

sleep is being weaseled out of my schedule, too.

then at the end of june i'll fly to helsinki...where i will meet up with lots of you forumites, but PLEASE please do not expect my brain to work! i might just be a zombie the whole time by then! i'll hold up my band schedule, and you guys can just turn me in the direction of the correct stage and i'll go watch the bands i wanna see while drooling... :| :| :|

:stagger: <---will look like this but just out of sheer exhaustion.
2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Vancouver, British Columbia

by Stained Class » Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Damn Rhia, that's a hell of a lot you've got going for you! Good luck dealing with it all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The infamous LOLLIPOP

70K 2011, 70K 2012, BTH 2012, 70K 2013, 70K 2014, 70K 2015, 70K 2016, 70K 2017
I may have an addiction

Much want:
Aeternam-/-Alkaloid-/-Arkaik-/-Be'Lakor-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-First.Fragment-/-Hypocrisy-/-Inferi-/-Persefone-/-Persuader-/-Vale.Of.Pnath

Also want:
Andy.James-/-Amiensus-/-Anubis.Gate-/-Arcturus-/-Barren.Earth-/-Caligula's.Horse-/-Chthonic-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Ex.Deo-/-Firesoul-/-Ghost.Brigade-/-Gorod-/-Haken-/-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Mourning-/-In.Vain-/-Krampus-/-Lost.Society-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Marty.Friedman-/-Meadows.End-/-Mistur-/-October.Tide-/-Rodrigo.y.Gabriela-/-Russkaja-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Stormlord-/-Suidakra-/-Teramaze-/-Toxik-/-Virvum-/-Vuur-/-Wilderun-/-Witherfall-/-Whispered-/-Wolfchant-/-Wolfheart-/-Wyrd-/-Xanthochroid

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Coroner-/-Cripper-/-Dragonforce-/-Firewind-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Kampfar-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Sodom

Reunions:
Dismember-/-Forbidden-/-Kiuas-/-myGRAIN-/-Nevermore

www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm

WizardBeast wrote:then at the end of june i'll fly to helsinki...where i will meet up with lots of you forumites, but PLEASE please do not expect my brain to work! i might just be a zombie the whole time by then! i'll hold up my band schedule, and you guys can just turn me in the direction of the correct stage and i'll go watch the bands i wanna see while drooling...

Don't worry, based on last weekend - well, any weekend actually - none of our brains are functioning either. :lol:

Oh, you're late on the zombie thing. The was a zombie walk in Helsinki just last weekend:

And good luck with everything. :beerwink:
Wishlist:
User

WizardBeast

Rank

Captain

Denver, CO

by WizardBeast » Wed May 23, 2012 12:35 pm

wow, Finns make excellent photogenic Zombies!

And thanks Ville and Joey...i'll do my best!

of course when anyone comes to visit i also get neurotic about cleaning, so i have been spending a lot of time doing that too, in between the other shit i'm doing. i even hired a cleaning lady but she missed stuff so i'm all freaking out about that....blah....
2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Damn BBud! So much going on! Hopefully you will get a break very soon! If not it may be wise to force a break, sometimes it's just too much!
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Memnoch wrote:17C here today, should go up to 22C on Friday. The temperature goes down to 5-10C during the nights, so not really a summery weather yet here.

gnoff wrote:already way before 11 am we have 24C (75F) and it'll get up to 27C (81F) later

Had this for a few days, and in my house this means it'll get up to about 33C (91F) inside, and even when I'm not sick I think that sucks

Sweden's supposed to be cold!

:bitch:

Wimps! That's practically sweater weather :lol:
User

Michael D.

Rank

Ensign

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm

Inver Grove Hts., MN. USA

by Michael D. » Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i'm too stressed right now....cramming all the synth parts for 8 songs into my head to be recorded in the studio on Tuesday, and of course my mother-in-law is visiting this weekend, so i have to entertain instead of practice the whole time as i'd like, so i keep practicing at stupid times like late at night, making me get into work late and then stay late and then practice even fucking later each night.

could skip karate practice to do music but i can't because i'm testing for my next rank in a few weeks and need practice there as well.

already missing two days of work for music, and would love to take more time off but then i won't have enough vacation time for travel. also supposed to start my veggie garden but when the hell am i gonna do that?

too much shit this month! i cannot wait for June, then i'll be done with my tracking for the new band (seriously like very few days to learn so many songs, if i didn't have to also work and do everything else i'm doing). then i'll focus on karate stuff and test on June 16th (test is supposed to be 3-5 hours long at least, but of course since i have no TIME, i don't have time to do endurance training right now just interval training and shit that doesn't take long). then who knows if i'll be asked to interview for the director position at work, but obviously i'll need to prepare for that! i'm just way too busy with music, work, karate, family, housework, pretty much everything.

sleep is being weaseled out of my schedule, too.

then at the end of june i'll fly to helsinki...where i will meet up with lots of you forumites, but PLEASE please do not expect my brain to work! i might just be a zombie the whole time by then! i'll hold up my band schedule, and you guys can just turn me in the direction of the correct stage and i'll go watch the bands i wanna see while drooling... :| :| :|

:stagger: <---will look like this but just out of sheer exhaustion.

You are such an Over-Achiever. :heavydrink: :cheers:
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Thu May 24, 2012 6:56 pm

gnoff wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:

gnoff wrote:already way before 11 am we have 24C (75F) and it'll get up to 27C (81F) later

Had this for a few days, and in my house this means it'll get up to about 33C (91F) inside, and even when I'm not sick I think that sucks

Sweden's supposed to be cold!

:bitch:

Wimps! That's practically sweater weather :lol:

try spending our winter here, then take this change :P

Though the good thing about cold is you can always bundle up more. Not to say I wouldn't be a total wimp over there I. Winter :lol:
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Thu May 24, 2012 9:11 pm

friends at MDF informed me Agalloch played their full set with only songs from 1st 2 releases... I'm very jealous of this... though still wouldn't be justification for the cost of goin' since I only like maybe 4 of the bands
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

Michael D.

Rank

Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Well, now that I have 2 jobs I will have very little time to share with my fellow forurmites. :cry:
I know some will be rejoicing. :D
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Tue May 29, 2012 5:01 am

Had to try and explain the Venturi effect to an old HPAC planning technician over the phone for an hour or so. How freaking hard is it to understand? And the guy has ben working in the field for several decades now, so one would think he'd understand at least the principles of flow measurement with a Venturi tube? Moron (and not in the good, Cuban, way).

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

Oh, in case someone wants to know what i'm bitching about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect
Wishlist:
User

WizardBeast

Rank

Captain

Denver, CO

by WizardBeast » Wed May 30, 2012 8:11 am

Michael D. wrote:Well, now that I have 2 jobs I will have very little time to share with my fellow forurmites. :cry:

haha no way! you'll be missed for sure with all of your nasty comments! good luck finding enough time to sleep Michael!
User

Michael D.

Rank

Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
Michael D. wrote:Well, now that I have 2 jobs I will have very little time to share with my fellow forurmites. :cry:

haha no way! you'll be missed for sure with all of your nasty comments! good luck finding enough time to sleep Michael!

I will sleep when I am dead and "It is better to burn-out than fade away". :cheers:
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Michael D. wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:

I will sleep when I am dead and "It is better to burn-out than fade away". :cheers:

Personally, I love sleep, but if not sleep will get ya around here more, then yay!
User

WizardBeast

Rank

Captain

Denver, CO

by WizardBeast » Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 am

Michael D. wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:

hahah nice def leppard quote, i use that one all the time too!

and yes i am a ridiculous over-achiever, pressuring myself like it's my business.

and no, it's not creative if you turn that into "pleasuring myself like it's my business" because i already thought of it.
User

CaptOblivious

Rank

Ensign

Westbank B.C. Canada

by CaptOblivious » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 am

since i am lazy i am just gonna copy paste my FB status

if this twitteresque trending shit does not stop on my FB i am seriously tempted to kill my FB account. i do not care what movies most of you are watching at the very moment you watch them nore do i care if you if you watch some guy pop a god dammed zit.

also i am filled with an oddly strong totally undirectable rage over the past few days. almost every person i meet face to face i want to punch choke or kick in the head. usually if i sit down and play a first person shooter after work this calms me down but even thats not working. best part is this rage should hold over till some time in september when work calms down :evil:
2012-cabin # 4519
2012-BtH cabin# 2563
2013-cabin # 3015
2014-cabin # 2515
2015-cabin # 8659
Hockeyagi 2013 champ
User

Malaka

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Phoenix, AZ

by Malaka » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 am

CaptOblivious wrote:since i am lazy i am just gonna copy paste my FB status

if this twitteresque trending shit does not stop on my FB i am seriously tempted to kill my FB account. i do not care what movies most of you are watching at the very moment you watch them nore do i care if you if you watch some guy pop a god dammed zit.

Hence, why I quit that disease of a website.

CaptOblivious wrote:also i am filled with an oddly strong totally undirectable rage over the past few days. almost every person i meet face to face i want to punch choke or kick in the head. usually if i sit down and play a first person shooter after work this calms me down but even thats not working. best part is this rage should hold over till some time in september when work calms down :evil:

Welcome to my world, Capt. It comes from working in hotels and dealing with the general public. Try living in the states. :oops: May I suggest :smoking: ?

:twisted:
User

CaptOblivious

Rank

Ensign

Westbank B.C. Canada

by CaptOblivious » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:13 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:

Hence, why I quit that disease of a website.

CaptOblivious wrote:also i am filled with an oddly strong totally undirectable rage over the past few days. almost every person i meet face to face i want to punch choke or kick in the head. usually if i sit down and play a first person shooter after work this calms me down but even thats not working. best part is this rage should hold over till some time in september when work calms down :evil:

Welcome to my world, Capt. It comes from working in hotels and dealing with the general public. Try living in the states. :oops: May I suggest :smoking: ?

:twisted:

normally :smoking: was how i would deal with it in the past but the roomies i live with now are anti drugs and have said if i start back up again they will kick me to the curb so as such for now i shall seethe in bitter hatred and wait to see if i am getting my raise and if not time to find a new job.
2012-cabin # 4519
2012-BtH cabin# 2563
2013-cabin # 3015
2014-cabin # 2515
2015-cabin # 8659
Hockeyagi 2013 champ
User

WizardBeast

Rank

Captain

Denver, CO

by WizardBeast » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:06 am

your roommates sound uptight about herb! that sucks! good luck with the job stuff mate!
User

Laura

Rank

Commander

Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

cloud 9 chicago

by Laura » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 am

I'm not on facebook very much so haven't noticed too much of that. I've only had fb since last year after the 2011 cruise - started an account mainly for keeping in touch with music friends....my fb friends are 100% people that I have a metal connection with (met them at festivals overseas, on the 70K cruises, are local metal friends, and so on). It's like my own little metal world apart from my non-metal friends and family). I don't think I'd ever delete my account, but I have found that it seems like it's the kind of thing one could easily get addicted to. I do pop on the news feed at random times (usually on my iPhone), and there are often fun and interesting things posted....but, for the most part, I've decided I just don't want to devote much time to that kinda thing. (plus, I already spend a lot (too much :lol: ) time here! :lol: )

That doesn't sound good Capt! :? Sounds kinda serious actually and hope you can find a way to chill. Don't know you well enough to know what would work for you, but I know that if I ever start to feel crappy or angry, I sit and relax (deep breaths and all that), and concentrate very hard on the things that are positive in my life and/or the things that make me very happy....and fairly soon, my mind switches over to the better state. After years of doing this, it almost always works for me....it's like a mind control game. This is gonna sound all spacey new-age-ish and all (and I'm big into New Age* philosophy :P ) - but I think once you learn to control your thoughts in that way - it's really liberating and amazing. Hope things improve for you. :cheers:

And re the :smoking: - I used to get high a lot in my later teens and 20s (and loved it) - but it was always a celebratory kind of thing - not to escape from something negative. Using drugs & alcohol in that way is never a good thing in my view.

*I'm referring to this kind of New Age http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age
2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:57 am

also i am filled with an oddly strong totally undirectable rage over the past few days. almost every person i meet face to face i want to punch choke or kick in the head. usually if i sit down and play a first person shooter after work this calms me down but even thats not working. best part is this rage should hold over till some time in september when work calms down :evil:

I have phases like this, though it's usually just at work. Have you thought of joining some kind of sport that would allow you to take out the negative energy? Maybe kickboxing or something? Obviously if the problem is related to how people act at work, particularly if it's customers, this won't get rid of the problem, but maybe having an outlet for will help you cope with it better?
User

CaptOblivious

Rank

Ensign

Westbank B.C. Canada

by CaptOblivious » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:05 am

WizardBeast wrote:your roommates sound uptight about herb! that sucks! good luck with the job stuff mate!

nah they are not really that uptight its just the place we are living right now is their brand new condo that they just bought this past december so i can understand them not wanting it around the home they own.
Laura wrote:

I'm not on facebook very much so haven't noticed too much of that. I've only had fb since last year after the 2011 cruise - started an account mainly for keeping in touch with music friends....my fb friends are 100% people that I have a metal connection with (met them at festivals overseas, on the 70K cruises, are local metal friends, and so on). It's like my own little metal world apart from my non-metal friends and family). I don't think I'd ever delete my account, but I have found that it seems like it's the kind of thing one could easily get addicted to. I do pop on the news feed at random times (usually on my iPhone), and there are often fun and interesting things posted....but, for the most part, I've decided I just don't want to devote much time to that kinda thing. (plus, I already spend a lot (too much :lol: ) time here! :lol: )

That doesn't sound good Capt! :? Sounds kinda serious actually and hope you can find a way to chill. Don't know you well enough to know what would work for you, but I know that if I ever start to feel crappy or angry, I sit and relax (deep breaths and all that), and concentrate very hard on the things that are positive in my life and/or the things that make me very happy....and fairly soon, my mind switches over to the better state. After years of doing this, it almost always works for me....it's like a mind control game. This is gonna sound all spacey new-age-ish and all (and I'm big into New Age* philosophy :P ) - but I think once you learn to control your thoughts in that way - it's really liberating and amazing. Hope things improve for you. :cheers:

And re the :smoking: - I used to get high a lot in my later teens and 20s (and loved it) - but it was always a celebratory kind of thing - not to escape from something negative. Using drugs & alcohol in that way is never a good thing in my view.

*I'm referring to this kind of New Age http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age

for the most part that's the use of my facebook but i tend to just leave the window open so it looks like i am on there a lot more than i really technically am. more importantly i figured out how to kill the app that was causing me the facebook rage.

Now for the real life rage. i have been angry at everyone and everything for almost as long as i can remember its just a natural state of being for me. when i was younger they tried counseling and head shrinking it would have worked had it been a directed rage but its not i am just mad a large portion of the time. it has always been general and only very rarely directed at any one person. 99% of the time i can keep a lid on it and just relax calm down and walk away from whatever has set me off. i have found 4 things can work for me to relax 1) go into a silent room and just empty my head of all thought. 2) Music more correctly singing along to whatever is coming out of my ipod at that very moment and i do this most nights on my walk to work 45 minutes of belting out metal at the top of my lungs really calms me down. 3) video games usually first person multi player shooters there is something very relaxing about walking around a corner in a game and firing a rocket into someones face from point blank range :P and 4) :smoking: its not that it really calms me down it just makes me lazy as fuck and i could care less about what made me so pissed off in the first place.

Now after that the reason i was so pissed off last night was pretty simple. i work at a hotel on the front desk at night all alone so usually it is very quiet but last night we had a new bartender in and she was blasting rap and pop till well after 3am ( over half my shift ) and to top off all that shitty music my work is dependent on her finishing hers in a reasonable amount of time. at midnight i asked her to close off all open bills so i could do my work as i had a 2:30 am check out. i ended up taking her till 1:45 to post the 5 bills she had open which means i had to haul ass though my work possibly messing it all up and the best part is one of the rooms she closed to their was not allowing a preauth so we has a hotel could end up getting burnt for about $500.00.
2012-cabin # 4519
2012-BtH cabin# 2563
2013-cabin # 3015
2014-cabin # 2515
2015-cabin # 8659
Hockeyagi 2013 champ
User

Malaka

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Phoenix, AZ

by Malaka » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 pm

That happens to me probably on a weekly basis. But ya know what really pisses me off? Have you ever noticed Capt., that people lose their shit when a night auditor screws up or doesn't do their job, but when any other associate screws up or doesn't do their job, nobody cares. And yet, people don't take us seriously because we're the "creepy night dwellers." :roll:
Oh, and far as da rap music goes, don't get mad bro, get even. I take great enjoyment from watching my coworkers scowl at the sounds of Belphegor blasting from my phone. :twisted:
User

Laura

Rank

Commander

Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

cloud 9 chicago

by Laura » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 am

Laura wrote:That doesn't sound good Capt! :? Sounds kinda serious actually and hope you can find a way to chill. Don't know you well enough to know what would work for you......

CaptOblivious wrote:Now for the real life rage. i have been angry at everyone and everything for almost as long as i can remember its just a natural state of being for me. when i was younger they tried counseling and head shrinking it would have worked had it been a directed rage but its not i am just mad a large portion of the time. it has always been general and only very rarely directed at any one person. 99% of the time i can keep a lid on it and just relax calm down and walk away from whatever has set me off.

Would not have guessed or anticipated that reply....of course, I barely know you (yet I recall we did finally meet at the after-party), but still surprising to read it, because you struck me as a very happy-go-lucky guy. I thought it was interesting that you used the term "natural state of being" and for "almost as long as I can remember." I bet each of us could come up with feelings or emotions that describe part of our own "natural state of being for almost as long as we can remember".....parts of our "hard wiring'" perhaps. Hope you continue to find what works for you in terms of relaxing/letting go of at least some of that anger and replacing it with peacefulness.
2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
User

WizardBeast

Rank

Captain

Denver, CO

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 am

sick with 102 fever and chills and aches and nausea yesterday, awful! stayed home from work again today since i had a fever last night, don't feel as bad, just headache and sore, fever gone for now. being sick is so boring.
User

Michael D.

Rank

Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:12 pm

WizardBeast wrote:sick with 102 fever and chills and aches and nausea yesterday, awful! stayed home from work again today since i had a fever last night, don't feel as bad, just headache and sore, fever gone for now. being sick is so boring.

:cry: Sorry that you are sick. Hope you feel better "SOON" :beerwink:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:07 pm

WizardBeast wrote:sick with 102 fever and chills and aches and nausea yesterday, awful! stayed home from work again today since i had a fever last night, don't feel as bad, just headache and sore, fever gone for now. being sick is so boring.

Get better soon!
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 pm

That sucks! Hope it goes away very quickly!
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Don't wanna go on my walk :cry: but if I miss a day it'll all go to hell :lol:
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Had a 12.5 crazy hour work day, plus the 2 hr drive time. Me's exhausted! Still have to go on my walk to complete 10000 steps but at least I'm at 9236 so far. Almost got it just with work
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:13 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Had a 12.5 crazy hour work day, plus the 2 hr drive time. Me's exhausted! Still have to go on my walk to complete 10000 steps but at least I'm at 9236 so far. Almost got it just with work

Work, Meheecan, work :mrgreen:
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 am

mooyagi wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:Had a 12.5 crazy hour work day, plus the 2 hr drive time. Me's exhausted! Still have to go on my walk to complete 10000 steps but at least I'm at 9236 so far. Almost got it just with work

Work, Meheecan, work :mrgreen:

:P if someone plans on going on 70K, that someone is going to have to get a job veeeeeeery soon
PreviousNext