Post Reply 46 posts
DOCTOR WHO
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: DOCTOR WHO

by X-Thor » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Commence rant....NOW

It made NO SENSE that Clara was so bent out of shape over the regeneration. SHE'S SEEN THEM ALL!! SHE HAS SEEN. EVERY. FREAKING. DOCTOR! Another case of Moffat COMPLETELY IGNORING previous events just so he can pander to his own silly plot-lines.

And the slapstick - way over-done. One joke, maybe two, I could deal with. But it was just too heavy-handed and prevalent. Complete with Looney-Tunes-like sound effects. WHAT THE HELL??

I was also a little annoyed at the T-Rex too - as tall as Big Ben???? Seriously?????

Oh and Vastra and Jenny are married. WE GET IT! No need to keep hammering that home every 30. Freaking. Seconds!

And the title sequence and music? CRAP.

Capaldi was indeed quite impressive. The highlight of an otherwise damned annoying episode.

The title sequence & music weren't good, but I think they was better than the last ones. Still, far from being good.

Not sure about Clara's timeline. Since the Doctor didn't die, there's nowhere to enter the Doctor's life... Totally agree on Moffat's plots being complicated.

That being said, it seems Capaldi will be a great Doctor. Clara is still a not-so-good companion. She's easily the worst one since the series returned.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:02 pm

X-Thor wrote:Clara is still a not-so-good companion. She's easily the worst one since the series returned.

Apparently she is done after the xmas special, but that still seems up in the air
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:25 pm

Much better episode. Still had some failings, but much better.

NOTE - SPOILERS!!

IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN EPISODE 2, LOOK AWAY!

There, I think I've given you enough warning :-)

ANYWAY....

Firstly, kinda sick of the daleks. Yes they are iconic, yes time is what it is so that even though they have been 'destroyed forever' multiple times they will still keep coming back.... but yeah, they've really lost their impact.

Glad the slapstick comedy of last week was all but non-existent in this episode, and what comedic elements there were, were limited to one-liners. (Loved the Doctor off-handedly introducing Cara as "gun girl").

Also, the bit with showing Rusty inside his brain. I *knew* straight away that the dalek was gonna see the hatred in the Doctor and feed off that. REALLY think the Doctor should have seen that too.

Any other issues I had with the episode would just really be nitpicking though. I reckon I would give it a solid 8/10.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 pm

So far the season has been different. Still don't like Clara. Part one of the season finale was amazing. Can't wait for part 2 next week
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:40 am

Not a fan of this season. One or two okay episodes surrounded by some of the worst Doctor Who I have EVER watched.

Danny Pink. Worst. Character. EVER.

Part 1 of the finale was okay. Saw the big reveal coming a mile away (was hoping to GOD I was wrong. I was not :()
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:36 am

Glad this season is over.

Bloody terrible.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist