Post Reply 46 posts
DOCTOR WHO
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

DOCTOR WHO

by X-Thor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:40 am

Ok, so at least some of us are fans... So I thought it'd be a good idea to have this thread.

50th Anniversary approaches. The Day of The Doctor. Anyone got special plans? I got tix to see it on the movie theatre. I think it's on 3D.

Can't stop watching this trailer... It's going to be so epic to see Ten and Eleven together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6FMCqYrBo
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: DOCTOR WHO

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:32 am

I'm faaaairly excited. Will be going to see it in the theatre as a family which will be nice.

To be honest the last few seasons of Dr Who haven't been that fantastic though, so I'm not getting my hopes up too greatly.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'm faaaairly excited. Will be going to see it in the theatre as a family which will be nice.

To be honest the last few seasons of Dr Who haven't been that fantastic though, so I'm not getting my hopes up too greatly.

Yeah, I thought season 7 was somewhat weak... Though The Rings of Akatesh is a brilliant episode. And Neil Gaiman's Nightmare in Silver was pretty good too. The overall season plot, though... Meh. Season 6 was allright, with som great moments (Demons Run, The Doctor's Wife...). I loved season 5, though maybe it's because it's the season that got me into Doctor Who. Anyway, Vincent and The Doctor remains my all-time favorite Doctor Who episode. And that season's plot was pretty good, I think...

Kinda hoping the 50th and the Christmas Special will "save" season 7...

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 am

My girlfriend just got me into the show. I'm still on Doctor 9 so as much as I really want to see the special I can't risk spoilers. Looks fucking epic though
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:20 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:My girlfriend just got me into the show. I'm still on Doctor 9 so as much as I really want to see the special I can't risk spoilers. Looks fucking epic though

Power through seasons 2-7! It's doable! :headbanger: :headbanger: :P

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:36 pm

X-Thor wrote: I loved season 5, though maybe it's because it's the season that got me into Doctor Who. ...

I've got a few more years on you in the Dr Who watching.

I've been watching Dr Who for, oooooh about 35 years :P

Patrick Troughton was slightly before my time, so I've only seen the episodes from the first two Doctors later in life. But I can remember watching Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison when I was growing up.

Jon Pertwee is probably my all time favourite Doctor. And Romana II my favourite companion - had a bit of a crush on her when I was a kid :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:29 am

I started with the ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, and season 1 of the new series - because that was the first Doctor Who season aired in Finland. Yle (our public channels) aired the first two seasons and then stopped for, what, three years before airing season 3. This summer they aired seasons 4-7, a new episode every weekday which was cool. I noticed they will be airing the 50th anniversary show simultaneously with the broadcast in the U.K.. So I guess my plan is to watch the anniversary show at home.

At first I hated David Tennant, but grew to like him and I think he's my favourite Doctor. Well, I didn't like Matt either at first, but, yeah, he's a good change from the previous incarnations.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:13 am

i will be PVRing the 50th since i work graves and my Doctor Who buddy here in town will be flying across the country to Chicago to watch the special in theaters with his sister so my only request here is hold off a few hours on spoilers so i have a chance to watch it first :P Eccleston was also my first Doctor and still my fav with Tennant being a close second and Smith being a very very distant 3rd but to me Amy and Rory were my fav companions by far
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 am

Eccles was a great Doctor (was weird seeing him as a bad-guy in Thor 2!), Tennant was good, and Smith is okay.

Still none of them hold a candle to Pertwee and Tom Baker in my book though.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:33 am

But that's only because you're so old. All these colored tv shows must look confusing to you. :lol:
    Wishlist:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:25 am

Memnoch wrote:But that's only because you're so old. All these colored tv shows must look confusing to you. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

--
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Anyone else found the minisode absolutely brilliant?

--
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:22 am

Watched it last night. Yeah, it's good and gave an explanation to the whole War Doctor thing.
    Wishlist:
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:49 pm

i am not sure who has seen and who hasn't so no spoilers other than i loved it
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Just watched it in 3D. At the cinema.

WOW!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Loved it. Absolutely brilliant.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

(Select text to view the spoilers)

Ten and Eleven interact marvelously. They should have a show together! And John Hurt's was incredible too. He's such a good actor!

Also, I loved seeing Peter Capaldi's eyes. And Tom Baker. Wow!!

Not sure how this fits with some previos things (looking at you, End of Time). Also not sure how it fits with Season 7. Maybe the Christmas Special will clear that out.

Oh and the clips before the special (Strax's "Popcorns can feel" and Ten and Eleven sassing at each other) were fantastic too.

--
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I cosplayed. Sort of.

Bowties ARE cool.

--
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 am

There's a massive amount of Dr Who. Where the hell should I start?
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 am

Speedy wrote:There's a massive amount of Dr Who. Where the hell should I start?

2005 With Christopher Eccelston he is the best Doctor imo but to be fair he was my first Doctor
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:27 am

CaptOblivious wrote:
    Speedy wrote:There's a massive amount of Dr Who. Where the hell should I start?

2005 With Christopher Eccelston he is the best Doctor imo but to be fair he was my first Doctor

My first Doctor (and favorite one) was Matt Smith.

I say you should start with Blink (3rd season), The Girl in the Fireplace (2nd season), The Doctor's Wife (6th season) or Vincent and the Doctor (5th season). Any of those is cool. You could also watch Rose (1st episode of 1st season) or The Eleventh Hour (1st episode of 5th season). This is all from 2005 series. If you want advice on "old Who", I think Dallas is the man to go to.

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:28 am

Jon Pertwee era was grand :) The Doctor was pretty much 'grounded' on earth, and he was a bit of a 'dandy' of a character. But so good :) And it featured a lot of UNIT and the Brigadier which is a good thing.

Tom Baker era featured some of the hottest companions (I totally had a thing for both Romanas when I was a kid!) and he was a very eccentric character which I loved.

So yeah - Pertwee and Baker. Great place to start!!

Just watched the xmas episode. It was CRAP. And BORING. Very disappoint :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pommesgabel
    Oiler

by Pommesgabel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:44 am

Why did i never pay attention to Off Course...

My favourite Doctor was clearly David. Matt is/was also a great actor but the plot was pretty weak. So i would say he got underrated without being guilty of bad acting.
    I haven't seen the christmas special yet, so christmas is not over for me yet :)
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:12 am

I liked the Christmas special, but I did feel Moffat tried to cram a lot of things into one hour, so it felt weird. Matt's good-bye was brilliant and I may or may not have cried a little bit. :oops:

--
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 am

I also think that Eleven was a "better" doctor than Ten. And I'm excited about Capaldi. :headbanger:

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:11 pm

There were some good moments, but overall it was just bad.

Too much was shoehorned into it, and I found it incredibly boring in places.

Capaldi should be good, but unfortunately unless Moffat either leaves or changes the way he does things, Capaldi's talents are gonna be severely wasted :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Decibel
    Oiler

by Decibel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:52 pm

I personally thought that Smith could have altered his voice a bit to show the age. Otherwise a really good episode.
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:20 pm

So I know I'm way behind you all on this. I'm on Season 3 of the 2005 series. I just watched "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit" episodes. Gotta say those are 2 amazing episodes and now I see why Tennant is everyone's favorite Doctor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:So I know I'm way behind you all on this. I'm on Season 3 of the 2005 series. I just watched "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit" episodes. Gotta say those are 2 amazing episodes and now I see why Tennant is everyone's favorite Doctor

Ordered THIS the other day:

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Movies/Docto ... 1561038006

The fourth Doctor was my favourite. Cannot wait for this to arrive!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:So I know I'm way behind you all on this. I'm on Season 3 of the 2005 series. I just watched "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit" episodes. Gotta say those are 2 amazing episodes and now I see why Tennant is everyone's favorite Doctor

Ordered THIS the other day:

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Movies/Docto ... 1561038006

The fourth Doctor was my favourite. Cannot wait for this to arrive!!!

I see Dr Who is going to be my new Star Trek. I'm gonna finish up through the end of Doctor 11 (Smith) then probably go straight to Doctor 1 from the 60's
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Obviously, don't go into the William Hartnell era stuff expecting too much - it is 50 years old :D

And while not a necessity, I would encourage you to watch this before watching the early stuff as it gives a great dramatised story of the struggles they had with the show early on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Adventu ... e_and_Time

And, its a damn fine movie in its own right - the actor that portrays Hartnell is fantastic.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:47 am

I've had The Long Song (form S07's The Rings of Akhaten) in my head for almost a week. What an amazing piece of music.

--
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Is Torchwood worth checking out? Seems like I keep getting further into Doctor Who and Torchwood is becoming more prevalent.
    Pommesgabel
    Oiler

by Pommesgabel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:39 pm

The first three seasons of Torchwood are realy cool. Especialy Captain Jack Harkness is an awesome character.
    The fourth season was a coproduction of BBC and an US Cable Network called Starz. In my opinion the US influence killed Torchwood
    pretty much. CIA and such "cool" stuff just not fit into a Doctor Who Spin-Off.

Just my opinion... But nontheless check it out. I loved it :)
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:48 am

I love Torchwood! and I didn't know about season 4, doesn't sound like the best one but will have to watch it SOON!
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:28 am

I just finished watching the very first season. To say that it's different from the 2005 series would be an extreme understatement.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 pm

SOON

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:52 am

The Finnish public broadcasting company Yle will be airing the new season one day after the British dates, so we'll get to see the first episode tomorrow night with Finnish subtitles.
    Wishlist:
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:07 pm

SPOILER FREE

Just finished watching the new episode and Capaldi is definitely going to take a bit of getting used to but overall I really enjoyed it.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:54 am

While Peter's Doctor might need some getting used to, I did enjoy the first episode a lot.
    And I hate the new title sequence.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:31 am

Commence rant....NOW

It made NO SENSE that Clara was so bent out of shape over the regeneration. SHE'S SEEN THEM ALL!! SHE HAS SEEN. EVERY. FREAKING. DOCTOR! Another case of Moffat COMPLETELY IGNORING previous events just so he can pander to his own silly plot-lines.

And the slapstick - way over-done. One joke, maybe two, I could deal with. But it was just too heavy-handed and prevalent. Complete with Looney-Tunes-like sound effects. WHAT THE HELL??

I was also a little annoyed at the T-Rex too - as tall as Big Ben???? Seriously?????

Oh and Vastra and Jenny are married. WE GET IT! No need to keep hammering that home every 30. Freaking. Seconds!

And the title sequence and music? CRAP.

Capaldi was indeed quite impressive. The highlight of an otherwise damned annoying episode.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 46 posts