Post Reply 178 posts
Gig History
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: Gig History

by WizardBeast » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:27 am

KDibildox wrote:I think I have almost all of my ticket stubs. Love keeping them :mrgreen:

i really wish i didn't throw all mine away, i had a sweet collection going....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:18 am

I do keep my stubs, and I'll usually go out of my way to get a ticket, often paying extra just to have it. However, I tend to throw them in the latest box of "interest". Basically, the box is almost like "things to put in a scrapbook", if I was to ever put together anything like that. So I have several of these boxes, since they fill up every year or so.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Well this will be embarrassing. Here's my short gig history:

It's even shorter when you forget to include Skull Fist and Gwar :P
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Stained Class wrote:

I knew I was forgetting some! :lol:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

I knew I was forgetting some! :lol:

It's ok. You banged your head earlier that week.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:18 am

Been meaning to post this for a few days.

I used to be an avid CCG collector for the games I played, and it's all too common to 'store' the better cards (and/or cards for trade) in those plastic pages that hold 9 cards (or 18 if you double side'em). It eventually dawned on me that I could use those to store ticket stubs!

I've only got about 90 stubs dating back from 2002. I like this idea, as the pockets in this particular binder can house larger stubs and items too big for the pages (as you can see). I've used photo laminate for a few particular ticket stubs I got signed (i.e. Celtic Frost stub signed by Tom and Martin).

Been thinking I should add in written/printed pages to start chronicling all shows, stubs or no, just as a reminder, as I know I've been to more shows that I can recall.
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 am

Great idea! I used to collector hockey cards, so I wonder if I have space for some of my tix. Although, I have a bunch of "ticketNow" bullshit that you have to print yourself, so I'd have to get creative with the folding of the paper.

The other hard thing to remember is who some of the undercard was for shows.

Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:08 am

nekrobarr wrote:Been meaning to post this for a few days.

I used to be an avid CCG collector for the games I played, and it's all too common to 'store' the better cards (and/or cards for trade) in those plastic pages that hold 9 cards (or 18 if you double side'em). It eventually dawned on me that I could use those to store ticket stubs!

I've only got about 90 stubs dating back from 2002. I like this idea, as the pockets in this particular binder can house larger stubs and items too big for the pages (as you can see). I've used photo laminate for a few particular ticket stubs I got signed (i.e. Celtic Frost stub signed by Tom and Martin).

Been thinking I should add in written/printed pages to start chronicling all shows, stubs or no, just as a reminder, as I know I've been to more shows that I can recall.

HOLY FUCK DUDE THAT IDEA IS GENIOUS!!!

Also i see you saw heathen crusade 2 one of my bands was on that bill at the time a band called Will of the Ancients
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:12 am

I remember us having a conversation about how vastly different we are on saving ticket stubs while you were putting the Evergrey one in that book! :lol:

I really like the idea of keeping a written account of each show.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:39 pm

mooyagi wrote:

I remember us having a conversation about how vastly different we are on saving ticket stubs while you were putting the Evergrey one in that book! :lol:

I really like the idea of keeping a written account of each show.

That is a really good way to save your ticket stubs. Nice work.
    Warphine
    Ensign

Keeping score :)

by Warphine » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:26 pm

I've been to a lot of live metal shows because ever since I was a kid and started going to concerts I've been hooked. Back home in Pennsylvania you have to drive very far to get to any quality live metal shows. Now, that I live in Orlando, FL, I've had the opportunity to see a large bulk of the live shows in Orlando but I'm always down to travel around Florida to attend anything solid. Talking Tampa area, Jacksonville, Ft Laudy been there done that.

I enjoy it so much that I try to keep my concert tickets and I keep track of bands I've seen and how many times I've seen them. Mainly just for fun. I'm sure a lot of you guys can relate. Here goes:

Cannibal Corpse (4x)
    Lamb of God (5x)
    Gwar (4x)
    Unearth (4x)
    Corrosion of Conformity - Saw them with Pepper back in '05. Crowbar opened up. Awesome tour.
    Crowbar
    Soilwork (3x)
    Hypocrisy (2x) - I really hope I can say I saw them two more times on the boat, but who knows?
    Slayer (2x) - The first show I saw Slayer at I actually met my wife. \m/ \m/
    Origin (3x)
    Nile (4x)
    Malevolent Creation (6x)
    Opeth (3x)
    The Black Dahila Murder (6x)
    Machine Head (2x)
    Trivium (6x)
    Arch Enemy (2x)
    The Haunted (3x)
    Behemoth (4x)
    Megadeth (2x)
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Nevermore
    Symphony X
    Dream Theater
    Evergrey
    Dark Tranquillity (3x)
    Killswitch Engage (5x)
    All That Remains (2x)
    Children of Bodom (4x)
    Black Label Society (3x)
    Down (2x)
    Damageplan - Saw these guys a month before Dime passed. I caught a Dime guitar pick. I still have it, and will never forget this show.
    Shadows Fall (3x)
    Black Sabbath (2x)
    Velvet Revolver
    In Flames (3x)
    Atreyu
    Ozzy Osbourne (2x)
    System of a Down
    Animosity (2x)
    King Diamond
    Strapping Young Lad
    A Life Once Lost
    Psyopus (2x)
    Iced Earth
    Motorhead
    God Forbid (2x)
    As I Lay Dying (2x)
    Devildriver (5x)
    Meshuggah (3x)
    Hatebreed (4x)
    Soulfly
    Dying Fetus (3x)
    Into The Moat
    Soilent Green (2x)
    With Passion
    Zao
    Mastodon
    Mnemic (3x)
    Rob Zombie (2x)
    Clutch (2x)
    Despised Icon (3x)
    Nailshitter (5x)
    Chimaira (3x)
    Exodus (4x)
    Full Blown Chaos
    Necrophagist (2x)
    Arsis (4x)
    Neuraxis (2x)
    Cattle Decapitation (2x)
    Catalepsy
    Terror
    Through The Eyes of the Dead
    Sanctity
    Overkill (2x)
    Into Eternity (2x)
    All Shall Perish (3x)
    The Faceless (3x)
    Decapitated (3x)
    Suffocation (3x)
    Unmerciful
    Goatwhore (3x)
    Byzantine
    Gojira
    Dimmu Borgir
    Kataklysm (3x)
    Amon Amarth (3x)
    Darkest Hour (2x)
    Job For A Cowboy (2x)
    The Acacia Strain
    Chthonic (2x)
    Static X
    3 Inches Of Blood
    Daath
    Coheed and Cambria
    Himsa
    Warbringer (2x)
    Ministry
    Sworn Enemy
    Thy Will Be Done
    Dethklok
    Whitechapel
    Vader
    Cryptopsy
    The Absence (2x)
    Aborted (2x)
    Carcass
    Rotten Sound
    Belphegor (2x)
    Kreator (2x)
    Cephalic Carnage (2x)
    Withered
    Blackguard
    Hate Eternal
    Willie Nelson
    Knights of the Abyss
    Steel Panther
    Obscura (3x)
    Augury (2x)
    HateSphere
    Green Jelly
    Nashville Pussy
    Lazarus AD
    Evile (2x)
    The Red Chord
    Vital Remains
    Decrepit Birth (2x)
    Animals as Leaders (2x)
    Swashbuckle
    Mutiny Within
    Death Angel (2x)
    Hank Williams 3 and Assjack (2x)
    Forbidden
    Bonded by Blood (2x)
    Gama Bomb
    Suicidal Tendencies
    Hate
    Sepultura
    Keep of Kalessin (2x)
    Devin Townsend Project
    Septic Flesh
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Rings of Saturn
    Testament
    Anthrax
    Between The Buried and Me
    TesseracT
    Abysmal Dawn
    Enfold Darkness

I can't wait to add a ton more bands to this list from the cruise!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Keeping score :)

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Epic list dude :)

FYI, there is already a thread dedicated to this:

Gig History
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Epic list dude :)

FYI, there is already a thread dedicated to this:

Gig History

Oops! *channels Rick Perry*

I'm a "The Bridge" forum lurker, I should probably read more of the other forum boards more and I would have noticed that. All well! :P

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Hehehehe - no problems at all dude!!!

We've all done this before, either here on another forum :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Hehehehe - no problems at all dude!!!

We've all done this before, either here on another forum :D

Yep, the mods will probably merge this one with the other one when they have time. Nice list Warphine!! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Never bothered to keep track of all the bands I saw, let alone how many times. Wish there was an easy way for me to remember this.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:58 pm

haven^t read a single word or this thread
    :shred:

random xmas :shred: :shred: :shred:
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:29 am

Warphine wrote:The Absence (2x)

Epic list aside, I can't believe you've only seen The Absence twice. I saw them more than that just at The Haven, and more than that when only counting non-Haven gigs, when I was in Orlando, and you were at one of the shows! And that doesn't count the multiple times I've seen them in Dallas. I would love it if I could remember everything I've been to, but I don't think I'll be making this kind of list any time soon, especially since the undercard is rarely listed, even if I find all my ticketstubs. Like gnoff, every now and then I realize I've seen a band opening, but then actually "discovered" them later.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:38 am

EvilDan wrote:
    Warphine wrote:The Absence (2x)

Epic list aside, I can't believe you've only seen The Absence twice. I saw them more than that just at The Haven, and more than that when only counting non-Haven gigs, when I was in Orlando, and you were at one of the shows! And that doesn't count the multiple times I've seen them in Dallas. I would love it if I could remember everything I've been to, but I don't think I'll be making this kind of list any time soon, especially since the undercard is rarely listed, even if I find all my ticketstubs. Like gnoff, every now and then I realize I've seen a band opening, but then actually "discovered" them later.

Actually, now that you have pointed it out, I think I've seen these guys THREE times. Once at the Haven, once at the Brass Mug, and once at the Summer Slaughter tour at Jannus Landing a few years back. Sometimes, I forget to update this and things like this happen! :P

• Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:23 am

Last 'ranking' before our little holiday :D

20x: Saxon
    19x: Arch Enemy, Exodus
    17x: Destruction
    16x: Opeth, Death Angel, Chain of Dogs
    15x: Amorphis, Kreator, After Forever, Finntroll, Volbeat, Rowwen Hèze
    14x: Iced Earth
    13x: Testament, Slayer, Nevermore, Amon Amarth, Sabaton
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:37 am

Damn the lot of you! :evil:
    I'm jealous. Growing up in one small town (St. John's, Newfoundland), moving to another (in the Annapolis Basin, Nova Scotia), and then to South Korea has severly limited my opportunities to see touring bands. Thus my short list:

Backyard Babies
    Bob Dylan
    Gwar
    High on Fire
    Infernal Majesty
    Into Eternity
    Iron Giant
    Iron Maiden (x2)
    Jungle Rot
    Krisiun
    Lamb of God
    Mastodon
    Misery Index
    Napalm Death
    Neuraxis
    Oathean
    Opeth
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Sheavy (x? a bunch)
    Strapping Young Lad
    Neil Young

Hopefully I can double the length of that list in a couple of weeks from now. :lol:
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:51 am

debborah1 wrote:Ive been to a plethera of concerts...My first being Aldo Nova and UFO in 1982....(hey I was 16...and it was awesome! LOL)
    of course it doesnt even begin to measure up like Rob, TYR, and Scotts lists here...but neverthless....MANY good shows.....My list however would have been fulfilled for me if I ever had the chance to see LED ZEPPLIN!! Other than that....I have been blessed to see ALL! :headbanger: :headbanger:

In 1980, I had tickets to see Led Zeppelin for their first tour since '77. Alas, John Bonham died and the tour was cancelled. It's my Great White Buffalo (Hot Tub Time Machine, anyone?).
    Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 am

Whiskeyjack wrote:Damn the lot of you! :evil:
    I'm jealous. Growing up in one small town (St. John's, Newfoundland), moving to another (in the Annapolis Basin, Nova Scotia), and then to South Korea has severly limited my opportunities to see touring bands.

Same here as far as the small town is concerned, but fortunately I have a few main cities for concerts within 150 km: Tilburg, Cologne, Antwerp, Eindhoven... And we've got a venue in a not so big town that specialises in old school metal since a couple of years, which is really a luxury I couldn't have imagined 10 years ago :D
    Plus we've of course got many great festivals in western Europe where you can easily see 50 good bands in a weekend. Yeah I guess we're lucky, especially compared to Korea.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Decided recently, as I was sorting through all my old gig photos and uploading them to facebook, that I would try and list all the bands I've seen and how many times.

When I lived in Melbourne I saw a shitload of Aussie bands live, going to gigs pretty much every weekend for a while. So I haven't listed all those. Reckon I've captured all the International bands I've seen down through the years though.

11 Nightwish
    5 Blind Guardian
    4 Gamma Ray
    4 Lord
    3 Alestorm
    3 As I Lay Dying
    3 Dark Tranquillity
    3 Ensiferum
    3 Finntroll
    3 Iced Earth
    3 Megadeth
    3 Queensryche
    3 Sonata Arctica
    3 Vanishing Point
    2 Alice Cooper
    2 Amon Amarth
    2 Amorphis
    2 Arch Enemy
    2 Black Majesty
    2 Bryan Adams
    2 Children of Bodom
    2 Dragonforce
    2 Edguy
    2 Eluveitie
    2 Epica
    2 Eyefear
    2 Hammerfall
    2 Helloween
    2 Iron Maiden
    2 Kamelot
    2 Lacuna Coil
    2 Muse
    2 My Dying Bride
    2 Sabaton
    2 Saxon
    2 Shadows Fall
    2 Soulfly
    2 Stratovarius
    2 Switchfoot
    2 Taking Dawn
    2 The Offspring
    2 Therion
    2 Tristania
    2 Trivium
    2 Tyr
    18 Visions
    Alice In Chains
    Alpine Fault
    Annihilator
    Anthrax
    Attrocity
    Behind Crimson Eyes
    Billy Thorpe
    Blaze
    Bleeding Through
    Bloodhound Gang
    Bowling For Soup
    Brand New
    Bring Me The Horizon
    BRMC
    Buffalo Tom
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Cage
    Caliban
    Carpathian
    Cheap Trick
    Chocolate Starfish
    Circle II Circle
    Claim the Throne
    Coheed and Cambria
    Cripper
    Danger Danger
    Death Angel
    Def FX
    Def Leppard
    Deftones
    DevilDriver
    Dimmu Borgir
    Disturbed
    Dungeon
    Exodus
    Fireballs
    Firewind
    Forgive Durden
    Garbage
    Garth Brooks
    Gotthard
    Grave Digger
    Green Day
    Guardian
    Hatebreed
    Heart
    Hit The Lights
    Hole
    Hoodoo Gurus
    Howling Bells
    Ill Nino
    Infectious Grooves
    Jeff Scott Soto
    Judas Priest
    Juliette & The Licks
    Kamelot
    Kenny Marks
    Killswitch Engage
    Kingdom Come
    Korpiklaani
    Leaves Eyes
    Lightforce
    Lillian Axe
    Magnum
    Metallica
    Mogwai
    Monster Magnet
    Murderdolls
    MxPx
    Narnia
    Nightfall
    Nine Inch Nails
    Omen
    Orphaned Land
    Petra
    Pink Cream 69
    Pixies
    Placebo
    plus 44
    Primal Fear
    Rise Against
    Rob Zombie
    screaming jets
    Sebastian Bach
    Shok Paris
    Silverchair
    Slash
    Slayer
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Spiderbait
    Static-X
    Story of the year
    Testament
    The Goodies
    The Sword
    The Used
    Three Doors Down
    Thrice
    TISM
    TNT
    Tool
    Trouble
    UFO
    Unwritten Law
    Velvet Revolver
    Voyager
    WASP
    Weddings, Parties, Anything
    Wiggles
    Y & T
    You Am I
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:43 am

^^ nice list! :heavydrink:

Laura wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:Yes to these...

August 1978. REO Speedwagon. Alpine Valley, WI
    Summer 1978. Rolling Stones. Soldier Field.
    December 1978. UFO. Randhurst Ice Arena
    June 1979. Yes. Chicago International Ampitheater

Goddess - that is so cool that we were at so many of the same shows!......

I have tried to save most of the tickets to everything I've been to over the years - whether it's a music event (Paris Opera to Wacken), special art exhibition, etc. I think I have at least 90% of them (unfortunately my Frampton 77 and Rolling Stones 78 tix were lost, plus the word Yes on my 1979 Yes ticket stub is cut off!)

Rolling Stones ticket from 1978 found! :D :lol: A few nights before the cruise I was showing my daughter (who is starting high school in the fall), a couple of scrapbooks I made in high school (hadn't looked at them in years), and my Stones ticket, as well as all kinds of fun music related items were in there. I don't know why that discovery made me so happy - it just did (yes, I'm strange when it comes to certain kinds of mememtos ;) :P ) - also thought it was fun that a few days later (uh, really nearly 34 years later :shock: ) - I was going on the 70,000 Tons of Awesome Part II.
    :D :shred:

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 am

Hm I haven't updated my list on my computer since half 2010.
    Maybe I will soon update it, and then post it :)
    www.metal-exposure.com
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:50 am

Here is my list I somewhat maintain of who I've seen.
    There are also a ton of bands I have seen at SXSW shows over several years that I have no way of ever recalling because they're either nobodies or they are just lost in the blur that is SXSW.

Some of them I have seen multiple times, some only once. I never keep ticket stubs, so my list is only updated from memory and when I remember to go in and add a band. Until this thread I hadn't touched it in a couple of years and had to add a bunch of more recent shows to it.

70,000 Tons of Metal 2012
    AC/DC
    Alestorm
    All American Rejects
    Amorphis
    Anyone
    Arch Enemy
    Asphyx
    At the Gates
    Atari Teenage Riot
    Atheist
    Atmosphere
    Austin City Limits 2004
    Austin City Limits 2005
    Austin City Limits 2006
    Austin City Limits 2007
    Austin City Limits 2008
    Austin City Limits 2010
    Autopsy
    Beastie Boys
    Beck
    Ben Harper
    Ben Kweller
    Bile
    Biohazard
    Bionic
    Bjork
    Blue October
    Bob Dylan
    Brant Bjork and the Brothers
    Brujeria
    Cake
    Candlemass
    Cannibal Corpse
    Carcass
    Cephalic Carnage
    Chaimera
    Chemlab
    Children of Bodom
    Clutch
    Coal Chamber
    Coffins
    Coldplay
    Concrete Blonde
    Coroner
    Corrosion of Conformity
    Cradle of Filth
    Crowbar
    Crystal Method
    D.R.I
    Danzig
    Dark Funeral
    Das Ich
    Deadmau5
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Death from above 1979
    Deathride 69
    Deftones
    Devildriver
    Die Krupps
    Divine Heresy
    Dixie Witch
    Down
    Dresden Dolls
    Dwight Yokam
    Eagle Claw
    Eagles of Death Metal
    Einsturzende Neubauten
    Eluvietie
    Entombed
    Eve's Plum
    Exhorder
    Exodus
    Eyehategod
    Faith No More
    Filter
    Front Line Assembly
    G Love and the Special Sauce
    Ghost
    Ghostland Observatory
    Ghoultown
    Godflesh
    Gomez
    Gravity Kills
    GWAR
    Hank III
    Hate Eternal
    Haujobb
    HED(PE)
    Helmet
    High on Fire
    Hocico
    Ice Cube
    Immolation
    Impaled Nazarene
    In Flames
    Inquisition
    Isis
    Jet
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Kamelot
    Kataklysm
    Katatonia
    KMFDM
    Korn
    Lacuna Coil
    Last Days of Humanity
    LCD Soundsystem
    Life of Agony
    Limp Bizkit
    Liz Phair
    Loop Guru
    Machinehead
    Mala Suerte
    Malovent Creation
    Marilyn Manson
    Martin Sexton
    Mastodon
    MDF 2010
    MDF 2011
    Meat Beat Manifesto
    Meat Puppets
    Megadeth
    Mentallo and the Fixer
    Meshuggah
    Metric
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Ministry
    Moby
    Modest Mouse
    Monster Magnet
    Moonsorrow
    Moonspell
    Morbid Angel
    Motorhead
    Municipal Waste
    Muse
    My Dying Bride
    My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
    N.E.R.D.
    Nadasurf
    Napalm Death
    Nashville Pussy
    Neurosis
    Nightwish
    Nile
    Nine Inch Nails
    Nirvana
    Nirvana 2000
    Nuclear Assault
    Numb
    Nunslaughter
    Obituary
    Opeth
    Orbital
    Overkill
    Pantera
    Pentagram
    Pitchshifter
    Place of Skulls
    Porno for Pyros
    Portal
    Prong
    Public Enemy
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Rage Against the Machine
    Rammstein
    Reckless Kelly
    Red Kross
    REM
    Republica
    Reverend Horton Heat
    RPG
    Saint Vitus
    Samael
    Sepultura
    Sevendust
    She Wants Revenge
    Shonen Knife
    Sister Machine Gun
    Six Feet Under
    Skinlab
    Skinny Puppy
    Skrew
    Skycrawler
    Slayer
    SOD
    Soilwork
    Soulfly
    Spahn Ranch
    Sponge
    Spoon
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Strapping Young Lad
    String Cheese Incident
    Suffocation
    Sugar Ray
    Superjoint Ritual
    System of a Down
    TFD
    The Allman Brothers Band
    The Black Crowes
    The Black Keys
    The Breeders
    The Cruxshadows
    The Dead Weather
    The Fever
    The Gathering
    The Haunted
    The Killers
    The Kills
    The Pixies
    The Raconteurs
    The Spaghetti Incident
    The Strokes
    The Swans
    The Sword
    Today is the Day
    Tool
    Tori Amos
    Total Chaos
    Tristinia
    Tweaker
    Type O Negative
    U2
    Venom
    Voivod
    Watain
    Wolves in the Throne Room
    Wormed
    Yakuza
    YOB
    Young Gods
    Last edited by rootleaf on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 pm

20x: Saxon
    17x: Amorphis, Destruction
    15x: Kreator, After Forever, Finntroll, Volbeat, Rowwen Hèze
    12x: Evergrey, Mercenary
    11x: Riverside, Sodom, Vader, Moonsorrow, HammerFall, Children of Bodom, Epica
    10x: Dark Tranquillity, Tankard, Kamelot, Soilwork, Swallow the Sun, God Dethroned, Moonspell, Motörhead

The 70K bands are very prominent in my list. So if I follow that reasoning, my predictions for the next edition would have to be Arch Enemy, Opeth, Kreator, Finntroll and Volbeat :P
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Tuup wrote:20x: Saxon
    17x: Amorphis, Destruction
    15x: Kreator, After Forever, Finntroll, Volbeat, Rowwen Hèze
    12x: Evergrey, Mercenary
    11x: Riverside, Sodom, Vader, Moonsorrow, HammerFall, Children of Bodom, Epica
    10x: Dark Tranquillity, Tankard, Kamelot, Soilwork, Swallow the Sun, God Dethroned, Moonspell, Motörhead

The 70K bands are very prominent in my list. So if I follow that reasoning, my predictions for the next edition would have to be Arch Enemy, Opeth, Kreator, Finntroll and Volbeat :P

Right you are! Finntroll played last year :P I'd be down with Arch Enemy, Opeth, Volbeat, Evergrey, Mercenary, Vader, Swallow The Sun, Motorhead. Also, I'm fucking jealous that you've seen Mercenary that many times. Did you see them before the last 2 albums came out? I only like their stuff before that.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 pm

rootleaf - I really enjoyed reading your list - thanks for posting it. :cheers: There is a lot of variety which I appreciate :beerwink: since I've enjoyed a wide variety of music over the years as well (as I do the same with people, places, and other things besides music. :P ) A couple band names jumped out to me in particular because I'm seeing them both for the first time in the coming months and super stoked - Death Cab for Cutie and Ministry. Ministry I've loved since the 80s and I've only become familar with DCFC in the past few years. (absolutely crazy about them - Ben's songwriting & delivery has such a sweet, quirky & subtle brilliance to it I think. :D )

Also would love to go to SXSW someday and have watched a number of those Austin City Limits gigs on TV. :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:33 am

Stained Class wrote:Right you are! Finntroll played last year :P I'd be down with Arch Enemy, Opeth, Volbeat, Evergrey, Mercenary, Vader, Swallow The Sun, Motorhead. Also, I'm fucking jealous that you've seen Mercenary that many times. Did you see them before the last 2 albums came out? I only like their stuff before that.

Hmm I didn't even realise, but indeed, Finntroll played last year.

Yeah I saw Mercenary 8 times between 2004 and 2009. I was a big fan (and still are) of 11 Dreams and they were also awesome live in that line-up. I've also seen them four times in the new line-up. I still like them, but the magic is gone.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 am

Tuup wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Right you are! Finntroll played last year :P I'd be down with Arch Enemy, Opeth, Volbeat, Evergrey, Mercenary, Vader, Swallow The Sun, Motorhead. Also, I'm fucking jealous that you've seen Mercenary that many times. Did you see them before the last 2 albums came out? I only like their stuff before that.

Yeah I saw Mercenary 8 times between 2004 and 2009. I was a big fan (and still are) of 11 Dreams and they were also awesome live in that line-up. I've also seen them four times in the new line-up. I still like them, but the magic is gone.

The magic is gone cus the original lineup is gone. Have you heard of Firesoul? It's Henrick (the founder of Mercenary) and whatsisname that was the amazing singer up to Hours That Remain, they are writing an album right now and its going to kick dick.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Laura wrote:rootleaf - I really enjoyed reading your list - thanks for posting it. :cheers: There is a lot of variety which I appreciate :beerwink: since I've enjoyed a wide variety of music over the years as well (as I do the same with people, places, and other things besides music. :P ) A couple band names jumped out to me in particular because I'm seeing them both for the first time in the coming months and super stoked - Death Cab for Cutie and Ministry. Ministry I've loved since the 80s and I've only become familar with DCFC in the past few years. (absolutely crazy about them - Ben's songwriting & delivery has such a sweet, quirky & subtle brilliance to it I think. :D )

Also would love to go to SXSW someday and have watched a number of those Austin City Limits gigs on TV. :cheers:

Thanks! I did notice going through the lists that mine was quite different than most of the ones posted here. With a few exceptions like your's, many of them are all metal. I listen to many different types of music. Living in Austin it is a big melting pot of lots of different musical styles, which is perfect for me.

I've been listening to Death Cab since their first album on Sup Pop records came out, so I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times, including the first time in a really small venue which was amazing. They kept playing bigger and bigger places each time, so been fun watching them grow over time. Their old stuff is still the best I think, but I really love the stuff he did on The Postal Service too.

I was just at the venue for ACL last weekend for the Gigantour show, and their festival is fun, although I can only take a day of it (too hot, dusty, crowded and expensive now). SXSW is my favorite time of year, and it is getting ready to kick off this weekend. It is a week of partying and craziness that is hard to do justice in a few words. There are parties going day and night (many for free with free booze too), and almost any place in Austin that can be turned into a venue is for the week. There are 1200+ official bands and probably another 500 unofficial bands playing all week. You definitely should come experience it some time. I've had to scale back my fun the last few years due to grad school, but next year I'll probably take a week off and do it full scale again.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I love mixing up my metal with a bit of the lighter stuff, the alt stuff, pop-punk, etc.

That's why I love the Australian touring festival Soundwave so much.

While I didn't go this year because I was too broke from 70k :P, if I had of gone I would have loved to check out RELIENT K and SWITCHFOOT just as much as I would have moshed my socks off to IN THIS MOMENT, TURISAS, CATHEDRAL, etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:26 am

Actually I really like Switchfoot. Especially the album Nothing Is Sound.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:01 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Tuup wrote:

The magic is gone cus the original lineup is gone. Have you heard of Firesoul? It's Henrick (the founder of Mercenary) and whatsisname that was the amazing singer up to Hours That Remain, they are writing an album right now and its going to kick dick.

:shock: No, hadn't heard about that! If they start playing live and include the 11 Dreams stuff they've got an instant fan here.
    That singer is Mikkel, he was in the band all the time except on the first and the last record.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 am

Tuup wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    Tuup wrote:Hmm I didn't even realise, but indeed, Finntroll played last year.

:shock: No, hadn't heard about that! If they start playing live and include the 11 Dreams stuff they've got an instant fan here.
    That singer is Mikkel, he was in the band all the time except on the first and the last record.

Yeah, it should be everything up to 11 Dreams. Basically anything that Henrik was on. I'm stoked to hear the new stuff, but I'd love to hear some old too!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 am

rootleaf wrote:
    Laura wrote:rootleaf - I really enjoyed reading your list - thanks for posting it. :cheers: There is a lot of variety which I appreciate :beerwink: since I've enjoyed a wide variety of music over the years as well (as I do the same with people, places, and other things besides music. :P ) A couple band names jumped out to me in particular because I'm seeing them both for the first time in the coming months and super stoked - Death Cab for Cutie and Ministry. Ministry I've loved since the 80s and I've only become familar with DCFC in the past few years. (absolutely crazy about them - Ben's songwriting & delivery has such a sweet, quirky & subtle brilliance to it I think. :D )

Thanks! I did notice going through the lists that mine was quite different than most of the ones posted here. With a few exceptions like your's, many of them are all metal. I listen to many different types of music. Living in Austin it is a big melting pot of lots of different musical styles, which is perfect for me.

You're welcome! :cheers: I've never been to Austin (actually only been to Texas a few times - San Antonio & Dallas - many moons ago) - sounds like a cool city. With Chicago being such a big city - there are tons of music events going on all the time - love the choice and variety. That gig list that I posted on the first page of this thread from 2005 forward didn't include some of the free classical and other concerts that take place at Grant Park & Millennium Park in the summer....those are a lot of fun too.

rootleaf wrote:I've been listening to Death Cab since their first album on Sup Pop records came out, so I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times, including the first time in a really small venue which was amazing. They kept playing bigger and bigger places each time, so been fun watching them grow over time. Their old stuff is still the best I think, but I really love the stuff he did on The Postal Service too.

The first DCFC song that caught my interest (just a few years ago) was Soul Meets Body (still my favorite I think) - it was on a music sampler CD that came with a music magazine we get where I work. I had heard of the band name before of course, but had never really checked them out. First album I bought was Plans which I feel like I must have listened to a 1,000 times :P - absolutely love it! The only two others I own are Transatlanticism and Narrow Stairs (just got NS since the cruise) - great to hear the early albums are so great too - I plan to buy those, as well as the most recent one, before I see them next month. Cool you saw them early on in their career. They are playing here two nights at The Chicago Theater - a fairly large venue - and I think both are sold out or nearly sold out.

rootleaf wrote:I was just at the venue for ACL last weekend for the Gigantour show, and their festival is fun, although I can only take a day of it (too hot, dusty, crowded and expensive now). SXSW is my favorite time of year, and it is getting ready to kick off this weekend. It is a week of partying and craziness that is hard to do justice in a few words. There are parties going day and night (many for free with free booze too), and almost any place in Austin that can be turned into a venue is for the week. There are 1200+ official bands and probably another 500 unofficial bands playing all week. You definitely should come experience it some time. I've had to scale back my fun the last few years due to grad school, but next year I'll probably take a week off and do it full scale again.

Yep - SXSW sounds great! *adds to bucket list* ;) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1383&hilit=bucket+lists
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Holy crap that's a lot of gigs :shock:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Haven't been to a gig since the cruise :cry:
    I should get around to updating my signature