Post Reply 178 posts
Gig History
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Gig History

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Brodd wrote: Cripper

I think a lot of us are wondering. Any good live?
    Nice list btw!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Nice list btw!

They put on a decent show, but they only got about 25-30 minutes on stage and there was almost no audience so that had a negative influence on their performance. However I like the female vocal and they have some good riffs. So I think they deserve a chance if you got the time.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Brodd wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Nice list btw!

They put on a decent show, but they only got about 25-30 minutes on stage and there was almost no audience so that had a negative influence on their performance. However I like the female vocal and they have some good riffs. So I think they deserve a chance if you got the time.

I was definitely planning on checking them out anyways. thanks for the update! I doubt they'll get more than that on the cruise anyways, we shall see.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:10 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Hey, Rachael - thanks for responding to that 2 month old post of mine ;) :P - but seriously....

I can totally imagine you on the 25th anniversary 70K tons of metal cruise in 2036. :heavydrink: I mean - 50? - no problem for you I'm sure! :cheers:
    As for me, I'll be 74 I think - so not so sure (although never say never is a good motto I think :beerwink: )

....and I've been meaning to say this for a while, next-cabin-door neighbor - even though I'm old enough to be your mother :shock:, I promise I won't "cramp your style" or act my age for that matter. :P :beerwink:

I was bored at work yesterday and was going through all the old threads pages back and saw your reply that I missed! So I figured I'd reply. :lol:

I'll be there! I may need to buy a fair few 70000 Tons shirts this cruise in order to still have one by the time the 25th anniversary cruise comes around, but I'll be there! You'll be 74 years young! Hey, maybe your grand kids will be into metal and they can chaperone you! Hehe!
    Oh, don't worry about that.. We'll meet somewhere in the middle as for our ages. I'm not a "young" 25 year old. ;) :heavydrink:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:47 pm

I can totally imagine you on the 25th anniversary 70K tons of metal cruise in 2036. :heavydrink: I mean - 50? - no problem for you I'm sure! :cheers:
    As for me, I'll be 74 I think - so not so sure (although never say never is a good motto I think :beerwink: )

....and I've been meaning to say this for a while, next-cabin-door neighbor - even though I'm old enough to be your mother :shock:, I promise I won't "cramp your style" or act my age for that matter. :P :beerwink:[/quote]
    I was bored at work yesterday and was going through all the old threads pages back and saw your reply that I missed! So I figured I'd reply. :lol:

I'll be there! I may need to buy a fair few 70000 Tons shirts this cruise in order to still have one by the time the 25th anniversary cruise comes around, but I'll be there! You'll be 74 years young! Hey, maybe your grand kids will be into metal and they can chaperone you! Hehe!
    Oh, don't worry about that.. We'll meet somewhere in the middle as for our ages. I'm not a "young" 25 year old. ;) :heavydrink:[/quote]
    ...shit....by then it will be 700,000 tons of metal jetting us to another planet for an Awesome MARS METAL FESTIVAL or some shit like that.....
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:10 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Then there is Milwaukee Metalfest 97, 99, 00
    March Metal Meltdown 2000
    November to Dismember- 2000

i love your lists and also the fact that i had one and in some cases 2 bands playing the fests above. didn't we establish that you heard of Somnus and Avernus?
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Evican wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:I can totally imagine you on the 25th anniversary 70K tons of metal cruise in 2036. :heavydrink: I mean - 50? - no problem for you I'm sure! :cheers:

....and I've been meaning to say this for a while, next-cabin-door neighbor - even though I'm old enough to be your mother :shock:, I promise I won't "cramp your style" or act my age for that matter. :P :beerwink:

Oh, don't worry about that.. We'll meet somewhere in the middle as for our ages. I'm not a "young" 25 year old. ;) :heavydrink:

...shit....by then it will be 700,000 tons of metal jetting us to another planet for an Awesome MARS METAL FESTIVAL or some shit like that.....

It just may happen Debb! That would be a metal festival of astronomical proportion! :D
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Evican wrote:I was bored at work yesterday and was going through all the old threads pages back and saw your reply that I missed! So I figured I'd reply. :lol:

oh, no problem, glad you did :beerwink:

Evican wrote:I'll be there! I may need to buy a fair few 70000 Tons shirts this cruise in order to still have one by the time the 25th anniversary cruise comes around, but I'll be there! You'll be 74 years young! Hey, maybe your grand kids will be into metal and they can chaperone you! Hehe!

That's a cool idea to wear a 2011 shirt to the 2036 cruise (provided there is one of course ;) ) Funny about the grandkids comment - although I doubt I'll have grown-up grandkids in the year 2036 (at least I hope not since my own kids are only 11 and 13!) Who knows - maybe they will like "metal music" then - in whatever form it may exist in the far future. And I like your meet in the middle comment :cool: :heavydrink:

p.s. you mentioned somewhere that you have a pic of you and Orion of Behemoth - would love to see it - I also met Orion but sadly have no pic ;) ! Huge Behemoth fan here - that's a Behemoth cap I'm wearing in the avatar. :beerhorns:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 pm

tyrwoman wrote:oh, no problem, glad you did :beerwink:

That's a cool idea to wear a 2011 shirt to the 2036 cruise (provided there is one of course ;) ) Funny about the grandkids comment - although I doubt I'll have grown-up grandkids in the year 2036 (at least I hope not since my own kids are only 11 and 13!) Who knows - maybe they will like "metal music" then - in whatever form it may exist in the far future. And I like your meet in the middle comment :cool: :heavydrink:

p.s. you mentioned somewhere that you have a pic of you and Orion of Behemoth - would love to see it - I also met Orion but sadly have no pic ;) ! Huge Behemoth fan here - that's a Behemoth cap I'm wearing in the avatar. :beerhorns:

I would like to hope that there is a shirt and that it comes in the girl style. I really do hate t-shirts! Haha! In that case, maybe the youngest can chaperone you!
    Yeah, I frequently get told that people think that I am older because of how I act and think. :|
    I do! I do! And one with Nergal too. Oh, that's no good! Next time! They're all really nice guys in person which is really cool. :cheers:

Excuse the poor quality as I had to screen shot the photos on my iPhone from Facebook. :roll: :D Oh and also how disgusting I look as these were taken after the gig, so my hair and make-up leave little to be desired. :lol:

Have you seen this picture that I posted in the LOUM thread? :lol:
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:37 am

tyrwoman wrote:That's a cool idea to wear a 2011 shirt to the 2036 cruise

i think i'll be dead in 2036, but you can have a drink on me.......
    Last edited by Lala on Tue May 03, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    abodrocc
    Petty Officer

by abodrocc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:10 am

Have all of you checked http://www.setlist.fm, you can add your gigs even if don't include the setlist.

I'm really jealous of all gigs you have seen !
    2011 Survived cabin 2543
    2012 cabin 2585
    2013 cabin 2035
    2014 cabin 2589
    2015 cabin 2264
    2016 cabin 8607
    2017 cabin 9611
    2018 cabin 8457
    2019 cabin 8673
    2020 cabin 6659

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 am

Lal@ wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:That's a cool idea to wear a 2011 shirt to the 2036 cruise

i think i'll be dead in 2036, but you can have a drink on me.......

:? Lal@, well let's hope not! (especially since we're relatively close in age ;) ) Love your list of concerts - especially Zeppelin, Humble Pie, Deep Purple, and Golden Earring (never saw any of them live sadly). And remember we talked long ago about seeing the same Rush tour circa 1980-81? Time flies, eh? Looking forward to meeting you and friend on the ship! :cheers:

Evican wrote:I would like to hope that there is a shirt and that it comes in the girl style. I really do hate t-shirts! Haha! In that case, maybe the youngest can chaperone you!
    Yeah, I frequently get told that people think that I am older because of how I act and think. :|
    I do! I do! And one with Nergal too. Oh, that's no good! Next time! They're all really nice guys in person which is really cool. :cheers:

Excuse the poor quality as I had to screen shot the photos on my iPhone from Facebook. :roll: :D Oh and also how disgusting I look as these were taken after the gig, so my hair and make-up leave little to be desired. :lol:

Great pics Rachael - had to repost them!! :cheers: (and I did see the Orion pic you posted on the LOUM thread - spent a lot of time on that thread 'ya know :twisted: :lol: )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:55 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Great pics Rachael - had to repost them!! :cheers: (and I did see the Orion pic you posted on the LOUM thread - spent a lot of time on that thread 'ya know :twisted: :lol: )

I wish I could have gotten pics with them the last time they were here, but they did an in-store in the city and I was working so I couldn't get there.

Haha! Any excuse to repost that picture of Orion in front of the Opera House. :D
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Haha I got a pic of me n Orion but I dunno how to put facebook pics in there..... Didn't work last time
    they are a great bunch of lads
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I have a great picture of Orion and Nergal, but it's shitty quality (It was 116 degrees fahrenheit outside and taken with my old camera phone) and I can't figure out how to post it here. Nergal is smiling and flipping off the camera. Great bunch of lads indeed. :mrgreen:

forward it to your email....save it and use the photobucket thingy.... ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Threw one together just quickly:

2003:
    Deep Purple / Lynyrd Skynyrd - Dublin
    Metallica - Dublin
    Iron Maiden - Dublin
    Thin Lizzy - Dublin

2004:
    Monster Magnet - Dublin
    Metallica - Dublin

2005:
    Earthshaker Festival 2005 - Germany
    Iron Maiden - Dublin
    Dio - Dublin

2006:
    In Flames/Sepultura - Dublin
    Alice Cooper - Dublin
    Earthshaker 2006 - Germany
    Wacken 2006 - Germany
    Primal Fear - Dublin
    Blind Guardian / Astral Doors - Dublin
    Slayer/In Flames - Dublin
    Wasp - Dublin
    Iron Maiden - Dublin

2007:
    Hammerfall - Dublin
    Saxon - Dublin
    Megadeth - Dublin
    Aerosmith - Dublin
    Magic Circle Festival 2007 - Germany
    Wacken 2007 - Germany

2008:
    Helloween / Gamma Ray / Axxis - London
    Sonata Arctica - Dublin
    Firewind / Kiuas - Dublin
    Sweden Rock Festival 2008 - Sweden
    Magic Circle Festival 2008 - Germany
    Motorhead - Dublin
    Jorn / Triosphere - Dublin
    Winterfest (Amon Amarth / Skyclad) - Cork

2009:
    Judas Priest - Dublin
    Kamelot - Dublin
    Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Journey / Tesla - Dublin
    Metalway Festival 2009 - Spain
    Powerwolf / Charing Cross - Switzerland
    Wasp - Dublin

2010:
    Manowar - Germany
    Airbourne - Dublin
    Kiss - Dublin
    Axel Rudi Pell / Freedom Call - Germany
    Scorpions - Longirod, Switzerland
    Kiss - Zurich, Switzerland
    Kiss - Geneva, Switzerland
    Metalcamp 2010 - Slovenia
    Magic CIrcle Festival 2010 - Slovenia
    Masters Of Rock 2010 - Czech Republic
    Celtic Rock Open Air 2010 - Germany
    Dong Open Air 2010 - Germany
    Headbangers Open Air 2010 - Germany
    Wacken 2010 - Germany
    Blind Guardian - London

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun May 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Thought I'd bump this fun thread since there are several new folks who may want to add to it....
    Also, since it's my birthday and I tend be nostalgic on such occasions, I was looking through my mountain of old ticket stubs this morning and found some more "then and now" stubs...I've got several of these kinds of pairs, but here are just a few....Rush 1981 and 2008, and Genesis 1986 and 2007. :P
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:15 pm

All my gigs pre-2004 I just could not recall. Lots of local gigs in and around Melbourne during the 90s (Clouds, Hunters & Collectors, Weddings, Parties, Anything, Chocolate Starfish, Screaming Jets, TISM, You Am I, etc) and a few internationals like Buffalo Tom, Guardian, Petra, Garth Brooks, Bryan Adams, Smashing Pumpkins

Big Day Out (Primal Scream, Cult, Hole, Ministry, Offspring, Silverchair, TISM)

Evanescence
    Sweden Rock (Children of Bodom, Helloween, Heart, Narnia, Nightwish, Pink Cream 69, Slade, Y&T, Danger Danger, etc)
    Rockwave Greece (Wasp, Dark Tranquillity, Firewind, Nightwish, Soulfly, Gamma Ray, Judas Priest, Pixies, etc)
    Bang Your Head Germany (Iced Earth, Alice Cooper, Queensryche, Sebastian Bach, Gotthard, Testament, Children of Bodom, Anthrax, Magnum,Primal Fear, Death Angel, etc)

Velvet Revolver
    Switchfoot
    Bryan Adams
    Green Day
    The Goodies
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    3 Doors Down
    Ben Folds
    Megadeth
    Alice Cooper (with Billy Thorpe RIP)
    Jeff Scott Soto
    Switchfoot
    Taste of Chaos (The Used, Killswitch Engage, Story Of They Year, Funeral For A Friend and Rise Against)
    Arch Enemy

Dragonforce
    Queensryche
    Dark Tranquillity
    Placebo
    Leaves Eyes, Attrocity
    Gigantour (Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Soulfly, Caliban)
    Gamma Ray

Soundwave (Deftones, MxPx, +44, Suicidal Tendencies, etc)
    Blind Guardian
    Blind Guardian
    Muse
    Tool
    Brand New
    Tesla
    Cog
    Gigantour (Megadeth, Static X, DevilDriver and Lacuna Coil)
    Muse

Soundwave (Offspring, Incubus, Killswitch Engage, etc)
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    Iron Maiden
    Dragonforce
    Helloween
    Pennywise, Sum 41, Bowling For Soup
    Def Leppard

Soundwave (Nine Inch Nails, Alice In Chaines, Bleeding Through, Lacuna Coil, etc)

Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Vanishing Point
    Lord
    Metallica

70,000 Tons of Metal
    Soundwave (Iron Maiden, The Sword, Dimmu Borgir, Murderdolls, Rob Zombie, etc)
    Slash, Coheed & Cambria
    Finntroll
    Disturbed, Trivium, As I Lay Dying

I'm sure there are a few omissions there but its a good start :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 pm

So my list is quite short compared to the others here, but not too bad, imo, having lived in a fairly small city in Central Mexico for 23 years of my life.

Hypocrisy-San Luis Potosí, Mexico
    Lacrimosa-Mexico City
    Nightwish-Mexico City
    Epica-San Luis Potosí, Mexico

Sentenced -Mexico City
    To/Die/For -Mexico City
    Live and louder fest (The 69 Eyes, Therion, Rage, Nightwish, Testament (I believe)-Mexico City
    HIM-Mexico City
    To/Die/For acoustic-Mexico City

Anathema, Stream of Passion and Xandria-Mexico City
    Trail of Tears-San Luis Potosí, Mexico

Theatre des Vampires-San Luis Potosí, Mexico
    Katatonia-Mexico City

Mandragora's Fest (Lacrimas Profundere, To/Die/For, Leaves Eyes, Atrocity, Clan of Xymox and a bunch of local mexican bands)-Mexico City
    Apocalyptica and Metallica (plus other bands, it's was KFMA day fest)-Tucson, AZ
    Type O Negative, Hatebreed and 3 Inches of blood, Tempe, AZ
    Muse-Guadalajara, Mexico
    Apocalyptica-Tucson, AZ

Anathema-Mexico City
    ZZ Top, Tucson, AZ
    Children of Bodom, Amorphis and Diablo Swing Orchestra-Mexico City
    Tiamat and Moonspell-Mexico City
    Epica-San Luis Potosí, Mexico

Epica, Threat Signal, Blackguard and a bunch of local bands-Tucson, AZ
    Muse- Tempe, AZ
    Poisonblack-Hamburg, Germany
    Katatonia, Swallow the Sun and Orphaned Land-Tucson, AZ

70 000 tons of metal- At sea
    Anathema/Blackfield (coming soon)-Chicago, IL
    ReVamp/Draconian (coming soon)-Mexico City.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon May 02, 2011 4:58 am

tyrwoman wrote:Thought I'd bump this fun thread since there are several new folks who may want to add to it....
    Also, since it's my birthday and I tend be nostalgic on such occasions, I was looking through my mountain of old ticket stubs this morning and found some more "then and now" stubs...I've got several of these kinds of pairs, but here are just a few....Rush 1981 and 2008, and Genesis 1986 and 2007. :P

Wow... Rush for $9.75. Can't even see a local band for that much sometimes...
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 pm

^^^ cool gnoff :cool: :cheers: ....I've been meaning to ask you how many times you've seen Amon Amarth - I've seen them 6X now (counting both sets on the cruise) - which I believe is about the most I've seen any band. Ha - I think the only other bands I've seen 6 or 7 times are Todd Rundgren/Utopia (over the span of years 1980-1990), Yes (from 1979-2011) and The Grateful Dead (from around 1980-1991). Then there's a bunch I've seen in the 2-4 range, and a lot I've just seen once. ;)
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:07 pm

tyrwoman wrote:^^^ cool gnoff :cool: :cheers: ....I've been meaning to ask you how many times you've seen Amon Amarth - I've seen them 6X now (counting both sets on the cruise) - which I believe is about the most I've seen any band. Ha - I think the only other bands I've seen 6 or 7 times are Todd Rundgren/Utopia (over the span of years 1980-1990), Yes (from 1979-2011) and The Grateful Dead (from around 1980-1991). Then there's a bunch I've seen in the 2-4 range, and a lot I've just seen once. ;)

Happy Birthday Doll Face!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Holy crap gnoff that is INSANE!

Most I've seen any single band live is Nightwish 8 times (Sweden, Greece, Melbourne x 2, Sydney x 2, Brisbane x 2)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote:All my gigs pre-2004 I just could not recall. Lots of local gigs in and around Melbourne during the 90s (Clouds, Hunters & Collectors, Weddings, Parties, Anything, Chocolate Starfish, Screaming Jets, TISM, You Am I, etc) and a few internationals like Buffalo Tom, Guardian, Petra, Garth Brooks, Bryan Adams, Smashing Pumpkins

Big Day Out (Primal Scream, Cult, Hole, Ministry, Offspring, Silverchair, TISM)

Evanescence
    Sweden Rock (Children of Bodom, Helloween, Heart, Narnia, Nightwish, Pink Cream 69, Slade, Y&T, Danger Danger, etc)
    Rockwave Greece (Wasp, Dark Tranquillity, Firewind, Nightwish, Soulfly, Gamma Ray, Judas Priest, Pixies, etc)
    Bang Your Head Germany (Iced Earth, Alice Cooper, Queensryche, Sebastian Bach, Gotthard, Testament, Children of Bodom, Anthrax, Magnum,Primal Fear, Death Angel, etc)

Velvet Revolver
    Switchfoot
    Bryan Adams
    Green Day
    The Goodies
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    3 Doors Down
    Ben Folds
    Megadeth
    Alice Cooper (with Billy Thorpe RIP)
    Jeff Scott Soto
    Switchfoot
    Taste of Chaos (The Used, Killswitch Engage, Story Of They Year, Funeral For A Friend and Rise Against)
    Arch Enemy

Dragonforce
    Queensryche
    Dark Tranquillity
    Placebo
    Leaves Eyes, Attrocity
    Gigantour (Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Soulfly, Caliban)
    Gamma Ray

Soundwave (Deftones, MxPx, +44, Suicidal Tendencies, etc)
    Blind Guardian
    Blind Guardian
    Muse
    Tool
    Brand New
    Tesla
    Cog
    Gigantour (Megadeth, Static X, DevilDriver and Lacuna Coil)
    Muse

Soundwave (Offspring, Incubus, Killswitch Engage, etc)
    Nightwish
    Nightwish
    Iron Maiden
    Dragonforce
    Helloween
    Pennywise, Sum 41, Bowling For Soup
    Def Leppard

Soundwave (Nine Inch Nails, Alice In Chaines, Bleeding Through, Lacuna Coil, etc)

Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Vanishing Point
    Lord
    Metallica

70,000 Tons of Metal
    Soundwave (Iron Maiden, The Sword, Dimmu Borgir, Murderdolls, Rob Zombie, etc)
    Slash, Coheed & Cambria
    Finntroll
    Disturbed, Trivium, As I Lay Dying

I'm sure there are a few omissions there but its a good start :)

All Amon Amarth band members need to be wearing a shirt with GNOFF's picture on it!!.....Now thats what I call SUPPORT!!...Good job!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon May 02, 2011 5:51 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:If i did something like this it would probably shut down the boards. Seriously, I have been to 700 to 800 concerts.

I have seen every band imaginable live except for The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I already know that I have not seen the amount of shows that you have but I do have you beat on the Zeppelin gig and if you count the individual Beatles touring on their own, I have seen Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.
    I will have to work on my list and then post but this will take a little bit of time.
    I may just do high lights.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue May 03, 2011 12:05 am

Impressive list, even if I actually have two friends who have seen Amon Amarth around 40 times, but they are just as insane as you :D
    I don't think I've seen any band more than max 6-8 times, even if I intend to work on my statistics :D
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue May 03, 2011 11:04 am

i saw most of the bands just one time..
    Many Krautrock Bands that nobody knows today. All Concerts in Germany except some....

03.10.1972 Golden Earring
    03.10.1972 The Who
    03.02.1973 Kollektiv
    22.02.1973 Mick Abrahams Band
    22.02.1973 Family
    22.02.1973 Focus
    22.02.1973 Hawkwind
    22.02.1973 Home
    22.02.1973 Savoy Brown
    13.03.1973 Birth Control
    13.03.1973 Sound Edge
    31.03.1973 Emerson, Lake & Palmer
    22.04.1973 Atomic Rooster
    22.04.1973 Emerson, Lake & Palmer
    22.04.1973 Epitaph
    22.04.1973 Jackson Heights
    22.04.1973 Manfred Mann's Earthband
    22.04.1973 Rare Bird
    22.04.1973 Soft Machine
    22.04.1973 Stray Dog
    07.05.1973 Floh de Cologne
    02.07.1973 Frumpy
    02.07.1973 Rattles
    15.09.1973 Abacus
    15.09.1973 Amon Düül II
    15.09.1973 Atlantis
    15.09.1973 Chris Braun Band
    15.09.1973 Eloy
    15.09.1973 Emergency
    15.09.1973 Franz K.
    15.09.1973 Jack Grunsky
    15.09.1973 Guru Guru
    15.09.1973 Jane
    15.09.1973 Live
    15.09.1973 Passport
    15.09.1973 Randy Pie
    15.09.1973 Achim Reichel
    15.09.1973 Sound Edge
    15.09.1973 Triumvirat
    15.09.1973 Wallenstein
    28.10.1973 Sixty Nine
    06.11.1973 Rory Gallagher
    06.11.1973 Strider
    01.02.1974 Atlantis
    01.02.1974 Embryo
    01.02.1974 Emergency
    01.02.1974 Euphrat
    01.02.1974 Guru Guru
    01.02.1974 Hard Cake Special
    01.02.1974 Jane
    01.02.1974 Karthago
    01.02.1974 Kraan
    01.02.1974 Nektar
    01.02.1974 Papa Zoot
    01.02.1974 Satyagraha
    01.02.1974 Time of Commotion
    02.03.1974 Agitation Free
    02.03.1974 Birth Control
    02.03.1974 Epitaph
    02.03.1974 Grobschnitt
    02.03.1974 Guru Guru
    02.03.1974 Hölderlin
    02.03.1974 Karthago
    02.03.1974 Kin Ping Meh
    02.03.1974 Udo Lindenberg & Panikorchester
    02.03.1974 Live
    02.03.1974 Passport
    02.03.1974 Triumvirat
    11.04.1974 Can
    16.04.1974 Steeleye Span
    16.04.1974 Tempest
    16.04.1974 Yes
    11.05.1974 Eloy
    11.05.1974 Epitaph
    11.05.1974 Guru Guru
    11.05.1974 Pell Mell
    11.05.1974 Time of Commotion
    24.05.1974 Back Door
    24.05.1974 Emerson, Lake & Palmer
    01.06.1974 Franz K.
    11.06.1974 Babe Ruth
    11.06.1974 Uriah Heep
    27.07.1974 Broughton, Edgar Band
    27.07.1974 Earth & Fire
    27.07.1974 Grobschnitt
    27.07.1974 Hardin & York
    27.07.1974 Livin' Blues
    27.07.1974 Stan Webb Group
    27.07.1974 UFO
    28.08.1974 Budgie
    28.08.1974 Nazareth
    28.09.1974 Black Oak Arkansas
    28.09.1974 Chapman & Whitney
    28.09.1974 Electric Light Orchestra
    28.09.1974 Heavy Metal Kids
    28.09.1974 Humble Pie
    18.10.1974 Nektar
    02.03.1975 Lindenberg, Udo& Panikorchester
    09.03.1975 Galaxy Lin
    09.03.1975 Golden Earring
    23.03.1975 Chicken Shack
    23.03.1975 Deep Purple
    23.03.1975 East of Eden
    23.03.1975 Elf
    23.03.1975 Randy Pie
    09.04.1975 Jethro Tull
    06.05.1975 Climax Blues Band
    06.05.1975 Manfred Mann's Earthband
    10.05.1975 Bachman Turner Overdrive
    10.05.1975 Thin Lizzy
    17.05.1975 Jane
    17.05.1975 Kraan
    17.05.1975 Livin' Blues
    17.05.1975 Passport
    17.05.1975 Wallenstein
    20.06.1975 Baker Gurvitz Army
    20.06.1975 Coryell, Larry
    20.06.1975 Deadlock
    20.06.1975 Earth & Fire
    20.06.1975 East of Eden
    20.06.1975 Gentle Giant
    20.06.1975 Grobschnitt
    20.06.1975 Hardin & York
    20.06.1975 Kin Ping Meh
    20.06.1975 Kraan
    20.06.1975 Long Tall Ernie&The Shakers
    20.06.1975 Message
    20.06.1975 Nektar
    20.06.1975 Omega
    20.06.1975 Pell Mell
    20.06.1975 Savoy Brown
    20.06.1975 Scorpions
    20.06.1975 Secret Oyster
    20.06.1975 Time of Commotion
    20.06.1975 UFO
    05.09.1975 Baker Gurvitz Army
    05.09.1975 Wishbone Ash
    09.09.1975 Greenslade
    09.09.1975 Snafu
    09.09.1975 Status Quo
    24.09.1975 Santana
    15.10.1975 Nektar
    24.10.1975 Deadlock
    24.10.1975 Eloy
    24.10.1975 Wallenstein
    31.10.1975 Steve Gibbons Band
    31.10.1975 The Who
    17.11.1975 Gentle Giant
    22.11.1975 Grobschnitt
    28.12.1975 Atlantis
    28.12.1975 Collosseum II
    28.12.1975 Manfred Mann's Earthband
    28.12.1975 Message
    28.12.1975 Osibisa
    13.02.1976 Bad Company
    02.10.1976 Budgie
    02.10.1976 Cale, John
    02.10.1976 Camel
    02.10.1976 Caravan
    02.10.1976 Golden Earring
    02.10.1976 Magna Charta
    02.10.1976 Rainbow
    02.10.1976 Scorpions
    02.10.1976 UFO
    02.10.1976 Wallenstein
    08.10.1976 Amon Düül II
    08.10.1976 Back Door
    08.10.1976 Back Street Crawler
    08.10.1976 Baxter
    08.10.1976 Baxter
    08.10.1976 Earth & Fire
    08.10.1976 East of Eden
    08.10.1976 Embryo
    08.10.1976 Guru Guru
    08.10.1976 Hard Cake Special
    08.10.1976 Jane
    08.10.1976 Kin Ping Meh
    08.10.1976 Missus Beastley
    08.10.1976 Mythos
    08.10.1976 Nine Days Wonder
    08.10.1976 Omega
    08.10.1976 Please
    08.10.1976 Satin Whale
    08.10.1976 Satyagraha
    08.10.1976 Thin Lizzy
    08.10.1976 Tiger B.Smith
    08.10.1976 Troggs
    08.10.1976 Veronica
    07.11.1976 Guru Guru
    12.12.1976 Journey
    12.12.1976 Santana
    05.02.1977 Puhdys
    10.04.1977 Dr. Feelgood
    10.04.1977 Mayall, john
    10.04.1977 Scorpions
    10.04.1977 Small Faces
    10.04.1977 Status Quo
    21.08.1977 Stanley Clarke
    21.08.1977 Doobie Brothers
    21.08.1977 McDonald, Country Joe
    21.08.1977 Ted Nugent
    21.08.1977 Small Faces
    21.08.1977 Uriah Heep
    06.09.1977 Santana
    06.10.1977 Kingfish
    06.10.1977 Rainbow
    26.04.1978 Queen
    30.04.1978 Electric Light Orchestra
    30.04.1978 Trickster
    24.06.1979 Dr. Feelgood
    24.06.1979 Sniff'n The Tears
    24.06.1979 Tubes
    24.06.1979 Wynn, Michael Band
    27.03.1980 The Who
    27.03.1980 Yachts
    18.05.1980 Clash
    18.05.1980 Nighthawks
    22.05.1980 Clive Langer&The Boxes
    22.05.1980 Madness
    29.05.1980 Lucifer's Friend
    29.05.1980 Van Halen
    30.05.1980 Misty in Roots
    17.06.1980 Led Zeppelin
    31.01.1981 Thin Lizzy
    10.05.1981 Nash the Slash
    10.05.1981 Tubes
    05.06.1981 Black Slate
    05.06.1981 Peter Tosh
    13.10.1981 Rose Tattoo
    13.10.1981 Z.Z.Top
    21.11.1981 Girl School
    21.11.1981 Rush
    19.12.1981 Foreigner
    19.12.1981 Meat Loaf
    19.12.1981 Saga
    19.12.1981 Spliff
    04.02.1982 Human League
    22.04.1982 Iron Maiden
    22.04.1982 Trust
    19.12.1982 A Flock of Seagulls
    19.12.1982 Chicago
    19.12.1982 Loverboy
    19.12.1982 Gary Moore
    19.12.1982 Tom Petty
    19.12.1982 R.E.O. Speedwagon
    15.06.1983 Bowie, David
    02.04.1984 Reggae Regular
    02.04.1984 Max Romeo
    09.09.1984 Stevie Wonder
    01.03.1986 Honeymoon Suite
    01.03.1986 Saga
    02.05.1987 Gary Moore
    02.05.1987 Shy
    30.03.1988 Yes - Honolulu
    27.08.1988 David Lee Roth
    27.08.1988 Iron Maiden
    27.08.1988 Kiss
    29.12.1988 Kansas - Ft. Lauderdale
    29.12.1988 Nightranger - Ft. Lauderdale
    31.12.1991 Guns'n'Roses . Miami
    31.12.1991 Soundgarden - Miami
    11.06.1994 Herbert Grönemeyer
    23.10.1995 Siegfried & Roy - Las Vegas

7 Year break

05.06.2002 Virgin Steele
    05.04.2003 Ratt
    25.01.2004 Rage
    10.06.2004 Metallica
    18.06.2004 Herbert Knebel
    16.06.2005 Alice Cooper
    07.10.2005 Eagles - Anaheim
    13.11.2005 Phil Collins
    10.03.2006 R.E.O. Speedwagon - Las Vegas
    11.03.2006 Ashcroft - Las Vegas
    11.03.2006 Bon Jovi - Las Vegas
    24.03.2006 UB 40 - Las Vegas
    18.05.2006 Dieter Nuhr
    01.06.2006 Elton John
    07.06.2006 Def Leppard
    07.06.2006 Journey
    07.06.2006 Queensryche
    07.06.2006 We
    07.06.2006 Whitesnake
    10.08.2006 Gentleman
    19.08.2006 D-Flame
    19.08.2006 Nosliw
    09.09.2006 B.B. King
    09.09.2006 Inga Rumpf
    12.03.2007 Jürgen von der Lippe
    11.06.2008 Kiss
    23.06.2008 Iced Earth
    23.06.2008 Judas Priest
    22.09.2008 Stevie Wonder
    17.11.2008 Jorn Lande
    17.11.2008 Pure Inc.
    17.11.2008 Triosphere
    31.01.2009 Herbert Knebel
    08.03.2009 Eric Clapton - Sydney
    03.05.2009 Circle II Circle
    03.05.2009 Manticora
    03.05.2009 Neon Sunrise
    03.05.2009 Prowlers
    12.09.2009 Vince Neill Band - Las Vegas
    14.09.2009 Santana - Las Vegas
    28.09.2009 Shinedown - Las Vegas
    28.09.2009 Sick Puppies - Las Vegas
    08.11.2009 Brainstorm
    08.11.2009 Primal Fear
    14.12.2009 Dezperadoz
    14.12.2009 U.D.O.
    12.06.2010 Scorpions
    24.01.2011 Arsis
    24.01.2011 Blind Guardian
    24.01.2011 Destruction
    24.01.2011 Exodus
    24.01.2011 Gamma Ray
    24.01.2011 Nevermore
    24.01.2011 Sonata Arctica
    25.01.2011 Absence, The
    25.01.2011 Agent Steele
    25.01.2011 Amon Amarth
    25.01.2011 Circle II Circle
    25.01.2011 Cripper
    25.01.2011 Dark Tranquility
    25.01.2011 Death Angel
    25.01.2011 Ensiferum
    25.01.2011 Epica
    25.01.2011 Fear Factory
    25.01.2011 Forbidden
    25.01.2011 Iced Earth
    25.01.2011 Moonspell
    25.01.2011 Rage
    25.01.2011 Roth, Uli Jon
    25.01.2011 Sabaton
    25.01.2011 Sanctuary
    25.01.2011 Saxon
    25.01.2011 Swashbuckle
    25.01.2011 Testament
    25.01.2011 Trouble
    25.01.2011 Twilight of the Gods
    25.01.2011 Tyr
    26.01.2011 Blackguard
    26.01.2011 Korpiklaani
    26.01.2011 Obituary
    26.01.2011 Raven
    26.01.2011 Sodom
    26.01.2011 Voivod
    26.01.2011 Witchburner
    17.02.2011 Sodom
    25.03.2011 Breed 77
    25.03.2011 Deadlock
    25.03.2011 Ill Niño
    26.03.2011 Triosphere
    26.03.2011 Labyrinth
    26.03.2011 Sonata Arctica

For Tom:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue May 03, 2011 11:18 am

^^^ WOW Lal@!!! :cool: :cool: LOVE your list - I'm inspired now to do a complete one myself!
    And love the Led Zeppelin ticket - closest I got to seeing them was seeing Robert Plant solo August 29, 1983 when he performed some :cool: Zep tunes :cool: along with his solo stuff. Funny thing - I saw him at the Rosemont Horizon (now called the Allstate Arena) - where I'll be seeing RAMMSTEIN a week from tonight! Woohoo! :headbanger:
    Hmmm....from Robert Plant in 1983 to Rammstein in 2011 - I like it!
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Tue May 03, 2011 5:04 pm

OMG. WOW, if Lal@ can compile a gig list like that I guess I should do mine.
    Impressive! Thanks for sharing. :beerwink:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed May 04, 2011 7:13 am

Michael D. wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:If i did something like this it would probably shut down the boards. Seriously, I have been to 700 to 800 concerts.

I have seen every band imaginable live except for The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I already know that I have not seen the amount of shows that you have but I do have you beat on the Zeppelin gig and if you count the individual Beatles touring on their own, I have seen Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.
    I will have to work on my list and then post but this will take a little bit of time.
    I may just do high lights.

Michael - when did you see McCartney? I saw him on October 18, 2005 at the United Center. I was never a gigantic McCartney/Beatles/Wings fan or anything (although of course I LIKED them a lot back in the day and a few songs are still some of my very favorites ;) )- but that McCartney gig was simply amazing - just looked up the set list... :cool: (I must say Blackbird, Maybe I'm Amazed, and Let It Be brought tears to my eyes!) I believe that was a THREE HOUR gig! :shock:
    1.Magical Mystery Tour
    2.Flaming Pie
    3.Jet
    4.I'll Get You
    5.Drive My Car
    6.Till There Was You
    7.Let Me Roll It
    8.Got to Get You Into My Life
    9.Fine Line
    10.Maybe I'm Amazed
    11.The Long and Winding Road
    12.In Spite Of All The Danger
    13.I Will
    14.Jenny Wren
    15.For No One
    16.Fixing a Hole
    17.English Tea
    18.I'll Follow The Sun
    19.Follow Me
    20.Blackbird
    21.Eleanor Rigby
    22.Too Many People
    23.She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
    24.Good Day Sunshine
    25.Band on the Run
    26.Penny Lane
    27.I've Got a Feeling
    28.Back in the U.S.S.R.
    29.Hey Jude
    30.Live and Let Die
    Encore:
    31.Yesterday
    32.Get Back
    33.Helter Skelter
    Encore 2:
    34.Please Please Me
    35.Let It Be
    36.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
    37.Carry That Weight / The End
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed May 04, 2011 10:39 am

Just a list on how many times I've seen each band:

HammerFall
    Saxon

Sabaton

Candlemass
    Mustasch

Motörhead

Freedom Call
    Helloween
    In Flames

Testament
    U.D.O.

Iron Maiden
    Machine Head
    Rage
    Slayer
    Sonata Arctica
    W.A.S.P.

Anthrax
    Edguy
    Gamma Ray
    Metallica

Blind Guardian
    DragonForce
    Megadeth
    Nocturnal Rites
    Paradise Lost
    Primal Fear

Accept
    Children Of Bodom
    Dio
    Dream Evil
    Hardcore Superstar
    Hellfueled
    Judas Priest
    Skid Row

Amon Amarth
    D:A:D
    Fear Factory
    Iced Earth
    Stratovarius
    Suicidal Tendencies

Bullet For My Valentine
    Evergrey
    Twisted Sister

Alice Cooper
    Astral Doors
    Blaze Bayley
    Death Angel
    Kamelot
    Kreator
    Lion’s Share
    Mötley Crüe
    Nevermore
    Osbourne, Ozzy
    Queensrÿche
    Wolf

Circle II Circle
    Crashdïet
    Def Leppard
    Demon
    Doro
    Electric Boys
    Exodus
    Grave Digger
    Heaven & Hell
    Masterplan
    Pretty Maids
    Sator
    Treat
    Whitesnake
    Y&T

AC/DC
    Dark Funeral
    Dead By April
    Dianno, Paul
    Dionysus
    Disturbed
    Dream Theater
    Entombed
    Falconer
    Firewind
    Guns N’ Roses
    Ill Niño
    Kiss
    Krokus
    Lost Horizon
    Metalium
    MSG
    Scorpions
    Soilwork
    StormWarrior
    Storyteller, The
    Talisman
    Trivium

Aerosmith
    Alestorm
    Annihilator
    Arch Enemy
    Avantasia
    Bloodbound
    Brainstorm
    Buckcherry
    Caliban
    Cathedral
    Clawfinger
    Dark Tranquillity
    Dimmu Borgir
    Europe
    Gotthar
    Insania
    Killswitch Engage
    King Diamond
    L.A. Guns
    Manowar
    Monster Magnet
    Nightwish
    Over Kill
    Pain
    Pantera
    Papa Roach
    Paragon
    Persuader
    Running Wild
    Sentenced
    S.M.F.:s, Dee Snider’s
    Steel Attack
    Tad Morose
    Thunderstone
    TNT
    UFO
    Volbeat

220 Volt
    Amorphis
    Angra
    Animal, Randy Piper’s
    Anvil
    Atreyu
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Axenstar
    Bach, Sebastian
    Beseech
    Black Label Society
    Bullet
    Cans
    Carnal Forge
    Chickenfoot
    Chimaira
    Cinderella
    Corrosion Of Conformity
    Count Raven
    Crystal Eyes
    Cyberya (Trinity)
    Deep Purple
    Destruction
    Dickinson, Bruce
    Down
    Easy Action
    Fastway
    Finntroll
    Forbidden
    GWAR
    Halford
    Hatebreed
    H.E.A.T
    Heavenly
    Helix
    Hensley, Ken
    Jorn
    Journey
    Korn
    Kotipelto
    Life Of Agony
    Loaded, Duff McKagan’s
    Lordi
    Machine Men
    Marduk
    Marilyn Manson
    Metal Church
    Mob Rules
    Morifade
    Mystic Prophecy
    Mörk Gryning
    Napalm Death
    Narnia
    Necrophobic
    Nugent, Ted
    Pell, Axel Rudi
    Pink Cream 69
    Quireboys, The
    Ratt
    Renegade Five
    Sanctuary
    Sepultura
    Shakra
    Slipknot
    Soulfly
    Steelwing
    Stone Sour
    Symphony X
    Symphorce
    Trouble
    Vanden Plas
    Vanishing Point
    Venom
    Vicious Rumors
    Vintersorg
    Virgin Steele
    Vixen
    White Lion

Aaron, Lee
    Abramis Brama
    A Day To Remember
    Agent Steel
    Agonizer
    Alice In Chains
    All Ends
    Almighty, The
    Altaria
    Apes, Pigs & Spacemen
    Apocalyptica
    April Wine
    Armored Saint
    Atomic Bitchwax, The
    At The Gates
    Avalanch
    Axxis
    Bachman & Turner
    Backyard Babies
    Badmouth
    Black Sabbath
    Black Stone Cherry
    Blitzkrieg
    Bloodsimple
    Bludgeon
    Blue Öyster Cult
    Bonfire
    Brides Of Destruction
    Budgie
    Cannibal Corpse
    Cavalera Conspiracy
    Celtic Frost
    Coal Chamber
    Coverdale & Aldrich
    Cradle Of Filth
    Crimes Of Passion
    Cryonic Temple
    Danger Danger
    Danzig
    Dark Age
    Debase
    Deadsoul Tribe
    Dew-Scented
    Diamond Head
    Dia Psalma
    Dimension Zero
    Dirty Deeds
    Dismember
    Distortion Inc.
    Dokken
    Domine
    Downset
    Dragonlord
    Dublin Death Patrol
    Dyecrest
    Earthtone 9
    Edenbridge
    Einherjer
    Eldritch
    Eluveitie
    Emergency Gate
    Enemynside
    Ensiferum
    Evidence One
    Exciter
    Eyes Of Eden
    Fatal Smile
    Fates Warning
    Force Of Evil
    Ford, Lita
    Foreigner
    Freak Kitchen
    Freak Of Nature
    Frehley, Ace
    Freternia
    Full Strike
    Funeral For A Friend
    Fungus
    Gambler
    Get Animal
    Ghost
    Girlschool
    God Among Insects
    God Forbid
    Gojira
    Grand Magus
    Guillotine
    Hagar, Sammy
    Hail!
    Hanoi Rocks
    Harris, Lauren
    Headplate
    Heathen
    Heave
    Hell
    Hellacopters, The
    Hellyeah
    HIM
    Hollywood Vampires
    Hypnosia
    Hypocrisy
    Ignition
    Immortal
    Impaled Nazarene
    In-Quest
    Intrigue
    Iron Savior
    Ironware
    Isole
    Jett, Joan
    Justice
    Kataklysm
    Katatonia
    Kings Of The Sun
    Konkhra
    Korpiklaani
    Krux
    Lamb Of God
    Leaves’ Eyes
    Lee Roth, David
    Lefay
    Lithium
    Lizzy Borden
    Loch Vostok
    Locomotive Breath
    LOK
    Lullacry
    Machinae Supremacy
    Meat Loaf
    Magnum
    Malmsteen, Yngwie
    Martin, Tony
    Mastodon
    Meduza
    Meldrum
    Mental Hippie Blood
    Mercyful Fate
    Messiah’s Kiss
    Mezarkabul
    Ministry
    Misdemeanor
    Misery Index
    Mnemic
    Moore, Gary
    Morbid Angel
    Mr. Big
    Murderdolls
    My Dying Bride
    Nazareth
    Neil, Vince
    Neurosonic
    Nifelheim
    Nirvana
    Norum, John
    Nostradameus
    Notre Dame
    Nuclear Assault
    Obituary
    Offspring, The
    One Minute Silence
    Onslaught
    Opeth
    Over The Rainbow
    Owens, Tim Ripper
    Paganini
    Pagan’s Mind
    Pathos
    Picture
    Pilotos
    Poison
    Poodles, The
    Powerman 5000
    Praetorian Platoon
    Prime sth
    Quiet Riot
    RAM
    Ratt, Feat. Stephen Pearcy
    Raubtier
    Raven
    Rebellion
    Reclusion
    Reptile Smile
    Revolution Riot
    Rhapsody Of Fire
    Riot
    Rose Tattoo
    Roth, Uli John
    Royal Hunt
    Sabbat
    Samael
    Satanic Slaughter
    Satyricon
    Savatage
    Saxon, Oliver / Dawson
    Scaar
    Schizophrenic Circus
    Secret Sphere
    Seventh One
    Seven Witches
    Shinedown
    Sinner
    Slash
    Slaughter
    Slowgate
    Snider, Dee
    Sodom
    Sonic Syndicate
    Southfork
    Sparzanza
    SpineShank
    Squealer
    Steelheart
    Steel Panther
    Still Remains
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Stormwitch
    Subvision
    Suidakra
    Sundown
    Svölk
    System Of A Down
    Tang
    Tankard
    Tapping The Vein
    Tarja
    Teenage Fanclub
    Tesla
    Therapy?
    Therion
    Thin Lizzy
    Thor
    Thyrfing
    Transport League
    Travers, Pat
    Triosphere
    Tristania
    Triumph
    Tyketto
    Type O Negative
    TYR
    Union
    Unisonic
    Unleashed
    Vanize
    Velvet Revolver
    Venomin James
    Victory
    Vision Divine
    Vomitory
    Warbringer
    Well
    Wildhearts, The
    Winger
    Within Temptation
    Wizard
    Zan Clan
    Zero Nine
    ZZ Top
    Last edited by Tobbe on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed May 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Yes.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Tobbe - fuckin-a! :shock: that's a lot of shows too!! - man - between the people from different age brackets and parts of the world - this is one of the greatest, most interesting threads on this forum to date imo .....so major :cheers: :cheers: to that. (moral of the story..we are mostly a bunch of music FREAKS!!)
    and I gotta add a postscript....I'm 50 years old and I talked about the Beatles and Paul McCartney on a recent post on this thread. When I was in high school in the late 70's, the Beatles were already pretty much considered waaaay old school...yet I always appreciated them. ;)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed May 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Tobbe wrote:Just a list on how many times I've seen each band:

Suicidal Tendencies

That entire post evokes a great deal of list envy in me but this in particular almost makes me wanna hate you (but I don't ;))
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Thu May 05, 2011 12:30 am

tyrwoman wrote:Tobbe - fuckin-a! :shock: that's a lot of shows too!! - man - between the people from different age brackets and parts of the world - this is one of the greatest, most interesting threads on this forum to date imo .....so major :cheers: :cheers: to that. (moral of the story..we are mostly a bunch of music FREAKS!!)
    and I gotta add a postscript....I'm 50 years old and I talked about the Beatles and Paul McCartney on a recent post on this thread. When I was in high school in the late 70's, the Beatles were already pretty much considered waaaay old school...yet I always appreciated them. ;)

Even if I don't consider myself as a music freak, I guess I am.
    I'm 38 now, so there's been plenty of time to visit shows. Most bands, European or American, shows up in Stockholm during their tours, so there's plenty to pick from too.
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Thu May 05, 2011 12:32 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Tobbe wrote:Just a list on how many times I've seen each band:

Suicidal Tendencies

That entire post evokes a great deal of list envy in me but this in particular almost makes me wanna hate you (but I don't ;))

:D

In August the number on attended ST-shows will probably reach 8. :beerwink:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu May 05, 2011 11:01 am

Lal@ wrote:23.10.1995 Siegfried & Roy - Las Vegas

7 Year break

05.06.2002 Virgin Steele

Lal@ - I did a similar 'break" at around the same time, but a bit longer from about 1993-2004, due to focusing very heavily on work, graduate school, raising a family, and the like. It wasn't a complete "cold turkey" break, because I did go to a few shows here and there, but relatively very few compared to the period before and after that break. I guess I must be making up for lost time now. ;)

Tobbe wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:Tobbe - fuckin-a! :shock: that's a lot of shows too!! - man - between the people from different age brackets and parts of the world - this is one of the greatest, most interesting threads on this forum to date imo .....so major :cheers: :cheers: to that. (moral of the story..we are mostly a bunch of music FREAKS!!)

I'm 38 now, so there's been plenty of time to visit shows. Most bands, European or American, shows up in Stockholm during their tours, so there's plenty to pick from too.

Hopefully my choice of words didn't cause anyone offense. ;) The word freak kinda has a negative connotation - but I like to go with the definition of someone who is a bit outside of the norm in their obsessions and passions if you will.....whether it's about music, study of esoteric subjects, or marathoning. I've always thought being a "freak," therefore, is a good thing. :D Regarding seeing lots of shows, we both live in cities where just about every band tours at some point, which is great! My problem tends to be there are too many to pick from (although I'm glad I have that problem and not the opposite), so I try to be somewhat selective. Case in point - Destruction is playing tonight at a great small venue and several friends of mine are going (including a few from the cruise), but I'm going to take a pass since I just saw them twice on the cruise. Also, I have to work early tomorrow and weeknight outings can be killer. :lol:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu May 05, 2011 11:20 am

tyrwoman wrote:Case in point - Destruction is playing tonight at a great small venue and several friends of mine are going (including a few from the cruise), but I'm going to take a pass since I just saw them twice on the cruise. Also, I can go to Detroit to see them on Saturday with Meredith and Bentz!

There, some Kevin style editing. ;)
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Thu May 05, 2011 12:20 pm

tyrwoman wrote:

7 Year break

05.06.2002 Virgin Steele

Lal@ - I did a similar 'break" at around the same time, but a bit longer from about 1993-2004, due to focusing very heavily on work, graduate school, raising a family, and the like. It wasn't a complete "cold turkey" break, because I did go to a few shows here and there, but relatively very few compared to the period before and after that break. I guess I must be making up for lost time now. ;)

Tobbe wrote:

Hopefully my choice of words didn't cause anyone offense. ;) The word freak kinda has a negative connotation - but I like to go with the definition of someone who is a bit outside of the norm in their obsessions and passions if you will.....whether it's about music, study of esoteric subjects, or marathoning. I've always thought being a "freak," therefore, is a good thing. :D Regarding seeing lots of shows, we both live in cities where just about every band tours at some point, which is great! My problem tends to be there are too many to pick from (although I'm glad I have that problem and not the opposite), so I try to be somewhat selective. Case in point - Destruction is playing tonight at a great small venue and several friends of mine are going (including a few from the cruise), but I'm going to take a pass since I just saw them twice on the cruise. Also, I have to work early tomorrow and weeknight outings can be killer. :lol:

Don't worry about someone getting offended. You didn't step on my toes for sure. I use the word "freak" just as you do.
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Thu May 05, 2011 12:57 pm

tyrwoman wrote:

7 Year break

05.06.2002 Virgin Steele

Lal@ - I did a similar 'break" at around the same time, but a bit longer from about 1993-2004, due to focusing very heavily on work, graduate school, raising a family, and the like.

i have no reason for the break. no heavy work, no school, no kids, maybe a woman who's hearing totally different music and maybe i didn't wanna go alone to concerts. but i really don't remember what the reason was.
    Maybe Siggi & Roy bewitched me ..... :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de