Stained Class

Rank

Commander

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Gig History

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 am

Tuup wrote:
Stained Class wrote:Right you are! Finntroll played last year :P I'd be down with Arch Enemy, Opeth, Volbeat, Evergrey, Mercenary, Vader, Swallow The Sun, Motorhead. Also, I'm fucking jealous that you've seen Mercenary that many times. Did you see them before the last 2 albums came out? I only like their stuff before that.

Hmm I didn't even realise, but indeed, Finntroll played last year.

Yeah I saw Mercenary 8 times between 2004 and 2009. I was a big fan (and still are) of 11 Dreams and they were also awesome live in that line-up. I've also seen them four times in the new line-up. I still like them, but the magic is gone.

The magic is gone cus the original lineup is gone. Have you heard of Firesoul? It's Henrick (the founder of Mercenary) and whatsisname that was the amazing singer up to Hours That Remain, they are writing an album right now and its going to kick dick.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

70K 2011, 70K 2012, BTH 2012, 70K 2013, 70K 2014, 70K 2015, 70K 2016, 70K 2017
I may have an addiction

Much want:
Aeternam-/-Alkaloid-/-Arkaik-/-Be'Lakor-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-First.Fragment-/-Hypocrisy-/-Inferi-/-Persefone-/-Persuader-/-Vale.Of.Pnath

Also want:
Andy.James-/-Amiensus-/-Anubis.Gate-/-Arcturus-/-Barren.Earth-/-Caligula's.Horse-/-Chthonic-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Ex.Deo-/-Firesoul-/-Ghost.Brigade-/-Gorod-/-Haken-/-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Mourning-/-In.Vain-/-Krampus-/-Lost.Society-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Marty.Friedman-/-Meadows.End-/-Mistur-/-October.Tide-/-Rodrigo.y.Gabriela-/-Russkaja-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Stormlord-/-Suidakra-/-Teramaze-/-Toxik-/-Virvum-/-Vuur-/-Wilderun-/-Witherfall-/-Whispered-/-Wolfchant-/-Wolfheart-/-Wyrd-/-Xanthochroid

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Coroner-/-Cripper-/-Dragonforce-/-Firewind-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Kampfar-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Sodom

Reunions:
Dismember-/-Forbidden-/-Kiuas-/-myGRAIN-/-Nevermore

www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal
User

rootleaf

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 am

Austin, TX

by rootleaf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Laura wrote:rootleaf - I really enjoyed reading your list - thanks for posting it. :cheers: There is a lot of variety which I appreciate :beerwink: since I've enjoyed a wide variety of music over the years as well (as I do the same with people, places, and other things besides music. :P ) A couple band names jumped out to me in particular because I'm seeing them both for the first time in the coming months and super stoked - Death Cab for Cutie and Ministry. Ministry I've loved since the 80s and I've only become familar with DCFC in the past few years. (absolutely crazy about them - Ben's songwriting & delivery has such a sweet, quirky & subtle brilliance to it I think. :D )

Also would love to go to SXSW someday and have watched a number of those Austin City Limits gigs on TV. :cheers:

Thanks! I did notice going through the lists that mine was quite different than most of the ones posted here. With a few exceptions like your's, many of them are all metal. I listen to many different types of music. Living in Austin it is a big melting pot of lots of different musical styles, which is perfect for me.

I've been listening to Death Cab since their first album on Sup Pop records came out, so I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times, including the first time in a really small venue which was amazing. They kept playing bigger and bigger places each time, so been fun watching them grow over time. Their old stuff is still the best I think, but I really love the stuff he did on The Postal Service too.

I was just at the venue for ACL last weekend for the Gigantour show, and their festival is fun, although I can only take a day of it (too hot, dusty, crowded and expensive now). SXSW is my favorite time of year, and it is getting ready to kick off this weekend. It is a week of partying and craziness that is hard to do justice in a few words. There are parties going day and night (many for free with free booze too), and almost any place in Austin that can be turned into a venue is for the week. There are 1200+ official bands and probably another 500 unofficial bands playing all week. You definitely should come experience it some time. I've had to scale back my fun the last few years due to grad school, but next year I'll probably take a week off and do it full scale again.
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I love mixing up my metal with a bit of the lighter stuff, the alt stuff, pop-punk, etc.

That's why I love the Australian touring festival Soundwave so much.

While I didn't go this year because I was too broke from 70k :P, if I had of gone I would have loved to check out RELIENT K and SWITCHFOOT just as much as I would have moshed my socks off to IN THIS MOMENT, TURISAS, CATHEDRAL, etc.
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi-/-Kamelot
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:26 am

Actually I really like Switchfoot. Especially the album Nothing Is Sound.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:
Aeternam-/-Alkaloid-/-Arkaik-/-Be'Lakor-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-First.Fragment-/-Hypocrisy-/-Inferi-/-Persefone-/-Persuader-/-Vale.Of.Pnath

Also want:
Andy.James-/-Amiensus-/-Anubis.Gate-/-Arcturus-/-Barren.Earth-/-Caligula's.Horse-/-Chthonic-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Ex.Deo-/-Firesoul-/-Ghost.Brigade-/-Gorod-/-Haken-/-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Mourning-/-In.Vain-/-Krampus-/-Lost.Society-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Marty.Friedman-/-Meadows.End-/-Mistur-/-October.Tide-/-Rodrigo.y.Gabriela-/-Russkaja-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Stormlord-/-Suidakra-/-Teramaze-/-Toxik-/-Virvum-/-Vuur-/-Wilderun-/-Witherfall-/-Whispered-/-Wolfchant-/-Wolfheart-/-Wyrd-/-Xanthochroid

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Coroner-/-Cripper-/-Dragonforce-/-Firewind-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Kampfar-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Sodom

Reunions:

User

Tuup

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 am

Wijlre (NL)

by Tuup » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:01 am

Stained Class wrote:
Tuup wrote:
Stained Class wrote:Right you are! Finntroll played last year :P I'd be down with Arch Enemy, Opeth, Volbeat, Evergrey, Mercenary, Vader, Swallow The Sun, Motorhead. Also, I'm fucking jealous that you've seen Mercenary that many times. Did you see them before the last 2 albums came out? I only like their stuff before that.

Hmm I didn't even realise, but indeed, Finntroll played last year.

Yeah I saw Mercenary 8 times between 2004 and 2009. I was a big fan (and still are) of 11 Dreams and they were also awesome live in that line-up. I've also seen them four times in the new line-up. I still like them, but the magic is gone.

The magic is gone cus the original lineup is gone. Have you heard of Firesoul? It's Henrick (the founder of Mercenary) and whatsisname that was the amazing singer up to Hours That Remain, they are writing an album right now and its going to kick dick.

:shock: No, hadn't heard about that! If they start playing live and include the 11 Dreams stuff they've got an instant fan here.
That singer is Mikkel, he was in the band all the time except on the first and the last record.
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 am

Tuup wrote:
Stained Class wrote:
Tuup wrote:Hmm I didn't even realise, but indeed, Finntroll played last year.

:shock: No, hadn't heard about that! If they start playing live and include the 11 Dreams stuff they've got an instant fan here.
That singer is Mikkel, he was in the band all the time except on the first and the last record.

Yeah, it should be everything up to 11 Dreams. Basically anything that Henrik was on. I'm stoked to hear the new stuff, but I'd love to hear some old too!
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:

Also want:

Repeats:

Reunions:

User

Laura

Rank

Commander

Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

cloud 9 chicago

by Laura » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 am

rootleaf wrote:
Laura wrote:rootleaf - I really enjoyed reading your list - thanks for posting it. :cheers: There is a lot of variety which I appreciate :beerwink: since I've enjoyed a wide variety of music over the years as well (as I do the same with people, places, and other things besides music. :P ) A couple band names jumped out to me in particular because I'm seeing them both for the first time in the coming months and super stoked - Death Cab for Cutie and Ministry. Ministry I've loved since the 80s and I've only become familar with DCFC in the past few years. (absolutely crazy about them - Ben's songwriting & delivery has such a sweet, quirky & subtle brilliance to it I think. :D )

Also would love to go to SXSW someday and have watched a number of those Austin City Limits gigs on TV. :cheers:

Thanks! I did notice going through the lists that mine was quite different than most of the ones posted here. With a few exceptions like your's, many of them are all metal. I listen to many different types of music. Living in Austin it is a big melting pot of lots of different musical styles, which is perfect for me.

You're welcome! :cheers: I've never been to Austin (actually only been to Texas a few times - San Antonio & Dallas - many moons ago) - sounds like a cool city. With Chicago being such a big city - there are tons of music events going on all the time - love the choice and variety. That gig list that I posted on the first page of this thread from 2005 forward didn't include some of the free classical and other concerts that take place at Grant Park & Millennium Park in the summer....those are a lot of fun too.

rootleaf wrote:I've been listening to Death Cab since their first album on Sup Pop records came out, so I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times, including the first time in a really small venue which was amazing. They kept playing bigger and bigger places each time, so been fun watching them grow over time. Their old stuff is still the best I think, but I really love the stuff he did on The Postal Service too.

The first DCFC song that caught my interest (just a few years ago) was Soul Meets Body (still my favorite I think) - it was on a music sampler CD that came with a music magazine we get where I work. I had heard of the band name before of course, but had never really checked them out. First album I bought was Plans which I feel like I must have listened to a 1,000 times :P - absolutely love it! The only two others I own are Transatlanticism and Narrow Stairs (just got NS since the cruise) - great to hear the early albums are so great too - I plan to buy those, as well as the most recent one, before I see them next month. Cool you saw them early on in their career. They are playing here two nights at The Chicago Theater - a fairly large venue - and I think both are sold out or nearly sold out.

rootleaf wrote:I was just at the venue for ACL last weekend for the Gigantour show, and their festival is fun, although I can only take a day of it (too hot, dusty, crowded and expensive now). SXSW is my favorite time of year, and it is getting ready to kick off this weekend. It is a week of partying and craziness that is hard to do justice in a few words. There are parties going day and night (many for free with free booze too), and almost any place in Austin that can be turned into a venue is for the week. There are 1200+ official bands and probably another 500 unofficial bands playing all week. You definitely should come experience it some time. I've had to scale back my fun the last few years due to grad school, but next year I'll probably take a week off and do it full scale again.

Yep - SXSW sounds great! *adds to bucket list* ;) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1383&hilit=bucket+lists
2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Holy crap that's a lot of gigs :shock:
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Haven't been to a gig since the cruise :cry:
I should get around to updating my signature
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:38 pm

mooyagi wrote:Haven't been to a gig since the cruise :cry:

Me neither :lol:
User

Michael D.

Rank

Ensign

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm

Inver Grove Hts., MN. USA

by Michael D. » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

Man! You two must be having some serious withdrawals. :D
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Michael D. wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:

Man! You two must be having some serious withdrawals. :D

Very serious :bitch:
I should get around to updating my signature
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 am

gnoff wrote:Especially when I didn't live in Stockholm or Göteborg, since then I had to travela lot for gigs, which meant time and money, and internet was not used so much (by me) before 1996, so hard to find out about gigs too.

Yeah, coming from a small town didn't help going to gigs, even if we had quite a few local bands (but wouldn't count their gigs as "gigs"). I used to drive my friends' bands to gigs in the 90's, so that increased my opportunities to see bands live.
And after I moved to Jyväskylä that has one of the best venues in Finland (Lutakko), I got to go see gigs at least once a week. Now that I'm living in the Helsinki metropolitan area, I get to see almost too many bands - it actually causes one to not go to gigs. A weird thing to say, I know, but it's the truth. There's a metal gig in some venue every night of the week, so you just start looking for the best ones and ignore others.
Wishlist:
SABATON / ARKONA / STUCK MOJO / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
User

MadameLePink

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am

Copenhagen, Denmark

by MadameLePink » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 am

Memnoch wrote:
gnoff wrote:Especially when I didn't live in Stockholm or Göteborg, since then I had to travela lot for gigs, which meant time and money, and internet was not used so much (by me) before 1996, so hard to find out about gigs too.

Yeah, coming from a small town didn't help going to gigs, even if we had quite a few local bands (but wouldn't count their gigs as "gigs"). I used to drive my friends' bands to gigs in the 90's, so that increased my opportunities to see bands live.
And after I moved to Jyväskylä that has one of the best venues in Finland (Lutakko), I got to go see gigs at least once a week. Now that I'm living in the Helsinki metropolitan area, I get to see almost too many bands - it actually causes one to not go to gigs. A weird thing to say, I know, but it's the truth. There's a metal gig in some venue every night of the week, so you just start looking for the best ones and ignore others.

I'm from a big town, but metal band never came when I was a teenager and I wasn't allowed to travel to see them :cry: So I saw any band that came to Torino even if I didn't like them, just to go to shows. My first trip out of town was to Monsters of Rock in 1991.
Then I moved to Denmark and even if we get many more concerts here, it's very seldom bands that I want to see, so I actually go to more concerts abroad than in Copenhagen. In 2011 I think I only saw 5 gigs in Copenhagen and travelled to festivals or other concerts abroad at least 10 times :shock: And the most annoying thing is that all my favourite bands always include Italy in their tours now, but never Denmark. I'm cursed :cry:
Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
User

rootleaf

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 am

Austin, TX

by rootleaf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Memnoch wrote:

This is true for sure. I grew in a city in a smaller more rural state (Oklahoma City), and when I was there I would go to just about any show that came through because shows were so rare. I couldn't really be picky. After finishing school I moved to Austin, TX which is crazy for live music. Often times you have to choose between the 2-3 different shows which would be great. You can go check out bands any night of the week, so you get to a point where you can't go out to shows every single night without getting burned out or completely neglecting other parts of your life.
User

WizardBeast

Rank

Captain

Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Denver, CO

by WizardBeast » Sun May 20, 2012 11:57 am

HEAVY METAL AND WEATHER FACTS?

Where's Marlo??!?!?!?! :viking: :bitch:
2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 pm

WizardBeast wrote:HEAVY METAL AND WEATHER FACTS?

Where's Marlo??!?!?!?! :viking: :bitch:

:lol: a man after her heart
User

Tuup

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 am

Wijlre (NL)

by Tuup » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 am

Some stats before ending the year and getting on the Majesty for the fourth time :bangers:

24x: Exodus
22x: Saxon
20x: Arch Enemy
19x: Opeth, Kreator, Chain of Dogs
18x: Death Angel
17x: Iced Earth, Amorphis, Destruction, Amon Amarth, Sabaton
16x: Testament, Volbeat, Finntroll, Rowwen Hèze
15x: Slayer, After Forever
14x: Sodom, Epica
13x: Evergrey, Nevermore, Paradise Lost, Swallow the Sun, Kamelot, Moonspell
12x: Vader, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, Tankard, HammerFall, Mercenary, Moonsorrow, Children of Bodom

Not seen so often but definitely worth mentioning:
Roger Waters 2x
John Fogerty 2x
Neil Diamond 2x
Mark Knopfler 4x
Manowar 3x
Metallica 7x
Iron Maiden 8x
Scorpions 5x
Eric Clapton
Bloodbath 2x
Sanctuary 6x
Whitesnake 4x
User

Laura

Rank

Commander

Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

cloud 9 chicago

by Laura » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 am

^^^ :shock: :shock:

Woah - that's a lotta gigs! :bangers: :P

Actually, I'm not that shocked since I've known from your postings here that you go to a lot. :D And gee whiz! Wonder what your list will be like when you're my age. :beerwink: (but yikes - it's weird to think that many of the bands you listed will be long gone - yet not forgotten - by then, I suspect)

I actually wrote something up for a thread I didn't post yet.....a 2012 Music Year in Review thread (like one I did for 2011 a year ago)...but it's super long. :roll: May still post that....or maybe not. :P

The gist of the beginning of that post is that at the end of 2011, I thought to myself that I might never top that year for music experiences overall - in particular because of a few very special trips/festivals - the very first 70K (I highly doubt that any UMC cruise will ever top that one for me because it was the first time of such a completely unique experience), the very last Hole in the Sky in Bergen (a dream trip to a favorite country), and the 20th anniversary of Lollapalooza (with a killer line-up) in my home town, as well as so many great local gigs throughout the year. I think it is cool in a way since it was somewhat of an auspicious & significant year for me personally - my 50th!

So, now it's the end of 2012, and I've decided that I'm not going to make comparisons from year to year per se because no matter how much or how little I do of this or that thing (whatever it is) - it's all good in the end and I really appreciate all that I do, have been able to do, and all in all have enjoyed the ride immensely! :D :D

So, in short, 2012 was a great music year for me as well, for a variety of reasons and in some cases very different reasons than any year previous. Excited to experience what 2013 has in store for me!! :D
2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
User

TOM CRUISE

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Everett, WA USA

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:18 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
TOM CRUISE wrote:
Then there is Milwaukee Metalfest 97, 99, 00
March Metal Meltdown 2000
November to Dismember- 2000

i love your lists and also the fact that i had one and in some cases 2 bands playing the fests above. didn't we establish that you heard of Somnus and Avernus?

Did i ever reply to this ? LOL

YES I did see both those bands !! Avernus I saw two times and one of the MMF I was at a party at Ross of Immo hotel room and some Avernus members were there...
70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 -CABIN 7386- Barge to hell -2012
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm

2012 was a very lean year gig-wise for me.

LA - Nightwish/Amorphis
Miami - 70000 Tons of Metal
Brisbane - Amon Amarth, Ripper Owens, Apocalyptica

2013 is already looking bigger though!! Already have tickets for:

Miami - 70k Preparty, 70000 Tons of Metal
Brisbane - Nightwish, Alestorm, Ensiferum, Epica, Eluveitie, Queensland Symphony Orchestra "Symphony of Legends" (Video Game Music symphony)
Melbourne - Sabaton, Nightwish/Sabaton
Sydney - Epica
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi-/-Kamelot
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

markku1

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 am

by markku1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:23 am

Highlights of 2012
STEELFEST open air
Tuska 2012
Wacken 2012
6-7 great club gigs
Well 2013 many mighty festival waiting
70 k 2013
First time rock hard fest from gelsenkirchen
STEELFEST once again great line up (brutal :)
Manowar the first time since 1984 I can see them in a club gig
bonecrucher fest
Tuska 2013 finaly line up Was a great
Wacken 2013 with metal Steve
So far these, happy new year all :heavydrink:
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:31 pm

So I attempted to count last night how many concerts I've been to and I got up to 143. I thought it was more then that but I probably forgot some and that's not including local gigs.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:

Also want:

Repeats:

Reunions:

User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Very NICE! I can only count to around 80. My memory of gigs attended prior to 2004 is a bit hazy though.

Currently top of my list for 'most seen' live:

13 - Nightwish
6 - Sabaton
5 - (soon to be 6) Ensiferum
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:16 pm

The band ive seen the most is Iron Maiden at 6. Although thats not including Viathyn which i lost count around 10 i think haha
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:

Also want:

Repeats:

Reunions:

no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Sweden

by gnoff_the_creep » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Amon Amarth at 33 different nights, though 7 of em have been 2 shows nights, so might be able to score it at 40
PINK

http://twitter.com/rockgnoff/

http://rockgnoff.blogspot.se/
User

LadyBlackfhyre

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 pm

My list of concerts I've been to is in the process of being made right now - So far I have 183 shows I've been to I'll post the official when I make it look all nice!

Bands I've seen the most times - Bella Morte (I've lost count, but its safe to say I've seen em at least 30 times)
Live After Death (amazing Iron Maiden Tribute) 24x

Sabaton - 14x
Iron Maiden - 9x
Ozzy (with and without Black Sabbath) - 9x
Symphony X - 8x
Sevendust - 7x

\m/

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
User

Ecliptica

Rank

Ensign

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:35 pm

by Ecliptica » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Amon Amarth at 33 different nights, though 7 of em have been 2 shows nights, so might be able to score it at 40

That counts. Different sets = different gigs.

And that is insane.

EDIT: Can't be bothered to count today, not sure why I never viewed this thread before.
Bands I've seen the most are probably Holy Grail and Nekrogoblikon.

As far as more "famous" bands, I've seen Sonata Arctica either 10 or 11 times and Tyr a good amount as well.
Previous