Post Reply 320 posts
facebook anyone...
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by WizardBeast » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:50 pm

    viathyn wrote:In lighter news.... I like facebook!

    I generally don't use it to air complaints, and I think it's a great way to notify people of events, share travel photos, and provide a platform to market my music. I don't really fall for the evil corporation thing.. it's a free service that makes my life easier. I can deal with them using my interests in order to find out what to advertise for me. In fact, I've found several great bands because of something that was suggested to me via FB. Mind control? Hardly.


    In other news...Jake is pretty rad!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    nekrobarr
    Ensign
    Posts: 1293
    Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 am
    Location: Michigan
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by nekrobarr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:51 pm

    Image
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

    Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

    Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by doomguy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:53 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:why is everybody bitching about facebook?


    Cause we've been getting a steady stream of band announcements, so they need to bitch about something else :lol:

    HAHAHA. I've never bitched about the band announcements, as it is, there are less than 5 bands on the line-up so far that I actually like and listen to on a semi to regular basis. MDB makes up for it, I know that the cruise will be a bunch of fun anyway, so you'll never catch me bitching about the line-up :P

    I have however always had a problem with people blaming me for things that aren't my fault. I don't care who or what it is, some people need to take responsibility for themselves and not be so quick to judge and blame others.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by KDibildeaux » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 pm

    WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildox wrote: but I try to not be in situations I would be embarrassed about later.


    you don't seem to try all that hard Dildobox! JAJAJAJA! :boobs: :wank:

    Jajajaja! :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11115
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:35 pm

    The day my webcam rotates towards me while I :wank: :boobs: = Quit facebook for realz!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    nekrobarr
    Ensign
    Posts: 1293
    Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 am
    Location: Michigan
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by nekrobarr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:37 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:The day my webcam rotates towards me while I :wank: :boobs: = Quit facebook for realz!


    Chat Roulette?
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

    Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

    Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by WizardBeast » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:The day my webcam rotates towards me while I :wank: :boobs: = Quit facebook for realz!


    hey! what about my photo!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11115
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:47 pm

    WizardBeast wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:The day my webcam rotates towards me while I :wank: :boobs: = Quit facebook for realz!


    hey! what about my photo!

    That was 'Creep Creative' not 'Big Bad Brother' :P :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by WizardBeast » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:The day my webcam rotates towards me while I :wank: :boobs: = Quit facebook for realz!


    hey! what about my photo!

    That was 'Creep Creative' not 'Big Bad Brother' :P :lol:


    hehehehe nice
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 am
    Location: Dallas

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by EvilDan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 am

    Okay, I said I was going to drop this, but since Conrad decided to personally attack and insult me, I will respond to what was said. As you noticed, yes, I was making generalizations. Not attacking you. At no point, did I say "you". I'm disappointed.

    I apologize in advance for the length, but there are some important points below, for those that are interested.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:The lazy and apathetic don't call the police or try to help when they see someone on the street corner getting beaten and stabbed. It's not their problem. They're not being inconvenienced. The person shouldn't have gotten themselves into that situation.

    "Not to be taken personally" but you come across to me as very ignorant. It's bullshit statements like this that make me mad. Who the hell are you to generalise people like that? You don't know me. Fortunately I don't live in America where stabbing people on the streets is a past-time, so I haven't found myself in that situation, but FYI I do often go out of my way to help people in need, and never expect anything in return.


    Ignorant? lol.. okay. I'll blame this amethod of communication for making it impractical to include all the necessary information, and personally being too lazy, unless somebody really wants me to include at least a book's worth of information. That might take a while, as I'm already 500 pages into writing about it, and that doesn't include the extremely lengthy references section, which would be necessary to fully understand some of the concepts. Who am I? I am someone who has a LOT of research and experience behind what I said. However, I guess no one should ever generalize.

    Did you not say before that you wouldn't help a neighbor if they were being violated? That witnessing a crime, you would ignore it? It was their problem, and they shouldn't expect help from you? Now, you go out of your way to help people? Yes, I generalized the behavior. The same behavior that results in a great amount of injustice around the world. (Plenty of psychological studies that explain the behavior, and a LOT of history to prove it.) Many feel it's easier to just go along, do as their told, rather than rock the boat. My whole point has been beyond the scope of facebook and any one person, and everyone should be able to see that clearly. Individuals are far more tricky, which is why I didn't talk about any one person.

    Conrad wrote: I'm fortunate enough to not live in such a backwards country, where you need Social Security numbers as personal identification. In NZ all you need is a drivers license or 18+ card, and never at a gas station. You're bitching about having to produce your Social Security number for identification when going for an oil change, because you can't be assed doing a simple job yourself, and you're calling ME lazy? How the fuck is that my problem? Instead of bitching about it and passing on the problem to someone else, like its my fault, do something about it. It's people like you, the lazy and ignorant that's the problem, not the lazy and apathetic. You're just feeding the problem, not fixing it.


    1st, that was one of the things I was saying. It's ILLEGAL to use Social Security Numbers as personal identification. We don't NEED it. How was this missed? Just another opportunity to insult my country and me, by extension?

    2nd, I never called YOU lazy. I, as you pointed out, made a generalization and kept it there. I did not address ANY individuals. Who said I don't do my own oil changes? That's an imaginary leap. Since when do we get to start making up facts, then attacking someone based on that? So your personal attacks on me are based on a false presumption. Kudos. I used a single example (of which there are many, how DARE I educate people), pointing out a blatant illegal corporately-required (in the case of Meineke and others) activity that is accepted by the lazy, ignorant, and apathetic. When I discovered this, I took matters into my own hands. Not only taking care of any repairs and maintenance that I can, not only investigating what other oil change services also required the information, not only notifying people of this crime (educating them, as I did here), but also attempting to get law enforcement agencies to do their jobs. Result = nothing. Sounds lazy and ignorant to me. Kudos.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Here's the thing. I AM the one person that is actively pushing back. And I get pushed aside. I have the law on my side, and I am ignored. I am not acting on only my behalf, but on the behalf of everyone. The lazy and apathetic don't care if they lose their privacy and freedom until something happens directly to them. Up to that point, it's someone else's problem. Then, all the sudden, they want to know why someone didn't stop it from happening. I am trying, but I'm constantly squashed.

    Wrong. There have been times where my privacy has been violated, I won't go into details because it's private, and unlike you i'm lazy and apathetic, not lazy and ignorant.. I know the meaning of privacy. Anytime I feel my personal privacy has been unfairly breached, I have spoken out against it. But this Facebook tracking thing is just petty bullshit, who cares. At the end of the day, no one gives a shit what your interests are, what music or movies you like, if Facebook wanna track that stuff whats the problem? We talk about all that crap on these forums, what's stopping anyone from coming here and gathering the same information? Wait, let me guess, you'll resign from the forums for fear of privacy violation? Boohoo, go live under a rock if you're that concerned.


    Wrong? What's wrong? Nothing said follows what I said. You just agreed with what I said above, followed by more false presumptions and personal attacks. Kudos. Again, since it seems to have been missed, even though it was stated, I generalized and expanded the original point. And since you're so worried about me leaving the forum, I have already actively taken actions to promote what I need. And there's a great deal of things I would like to share with people, but won't because of this. As I've said about several topics on here, I'll be much freer with what I will discuss onbroad, where there is no permanent record.

    Conrad wrote:"The lazy and apathetic don't care if they lose their privacy and freedom until something happens directly to them. Up to that point, it's someone else's problem"
    I find this statement particularly amusing, especially the last part. Considering you're the one passing on the problem and blaming everyone else. Hypocrite.


    Ah, nice. More false presumptions and insults. Derisively dismissing what you already said you do. I see exactly what I said above in action every single day. (Someone not being proactive and protecting themselves, then bitching when something happens to them.) How exactly am I "passing on" the problem? I'm acting against the problem. I'm not blaming everyone else. I'm blaming those responsible. I will agree, generally, that personal responsibility is a dying virtue.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:If more would do as I do, then we would be a force that could affect change. However, too many people suffer from the Ostrich Syndrome.

    It's ironic that you say that, because since the lazy and ignorant are so concerned about their privacy, you realise the only solution is to wear a veil in public? In other words, the "ostrich syndrome" Because let's face it, your privacy will be invaded anywhere you go, that's just a fact of life, deal with it.


    I have to admit, I just don't follow the logic here, but I'll roll with it. I do actively avoid places that have cameras. (And I'm still not pleased with Section 13 of our contract, but I'm willing to sacrifice to be on the boat.) Is it any coincidence that I'm practically a hermit? This isn't the "Ostrich Syndrome" because I am actively recognizing and acting. And your solution is to shut up and take it? I think I'll fight, thank you very much. Just because it happens, doesn't mean it's acceptable. Just because that's the way it's always been, doesn't mean it HAS to be that way.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:I am one voice alone screaming for justice. And I blame ALL who allow these injustices for happening. That includes the policy makers who actively ignore the law, and it includes those that do nothing to protect themselves. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

    Ok, if you wanna be lazy and ignorant and blame all your problems on those that are NOT the cause of the problem (myself included) then fine. I personally think that's fucking pathetic and stupid, considering I have no interest in violating your privacy, so I don't see how it's fair that the blame falls on me. You're like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum because you don't get what you want. You want the world to work exactly as you want it? News flash: you're not the centre of the universe. I don't agree with everything life throws at me either, but I don't bitch about it like a spoiled little brat. And I certainly don't blame it on everyone else. But whatever.


    More insults, more flawed logic, my statements ignored, and completely missing the point. Just another chance to attack and insult that doesn't further the dialogue. I'll ignore the obvious contradictions to what was said before. I have hopes that people will learn before it's too late. However, history, in general, is not on my side.

    Yes, I am passionate about my personal freedom. When it's infringed upon, I fight back. It affects EVERYONE, not just me. I'm surprised that the idea that people failing to act are as responsible as those actively acting is a foreign concept to people. By not making a choice, people are still making a choice. I said nothing about the lazy and apathetic being the cause. I said they are just as responsible. There is a clear distinction there. I never said YOU were violating my rights. However, those that ALLOW everyone's rights, including their own, to be violated are responsible. This is not a new concept. It not fair? Since when did fairness become a concern? Certainly, it's not fair that other people's ignorance and lack of action negatively affect my rights? However, I didn't cry that "it's not fair". Such a strange thing to throw in the middle, and I don't feel like getting into a discussion of moral relativism.

    I will continue to fight for everyone, including the lazy, ignorant, and apathetic, through these shallow attacks. They are a common tactic employed by authority figures that don't do their jobs because it's not deemed important. Or maybe they're just lazy. Or whatever their excuse is.

    I will not take the personal attacks personally. Fair?
    Never take anything I say seriously.

    Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by doomguy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 am

    EvilDan wrote:Okay, I said I was going to drop this, but since Conrad decided to personally attack and insult me, I will respond to what was said. As you noticed, yes, I was making generalizations. Not attacking you. At no point, did I say "you". I'm disappointed.

    I apologize in advance for the length, but there are some important points below, for those that are interested.

    Bullshit, quit making excuses. I wasn't making any insults against you any worse than your "lazy and apathetic" insults against me. So basically you're saying it's ok for you to call me lazy and apathetic but you get upset when I call you lazy and ignorant? God forbid I insult the almighty "EvilDan" how dare I question your authority? What a tragedy. And it makes no difference if you were insulting me directly, or trying to be cunning by making "generalizations" and hope that I wont take offense to your obvious insults. It's clear from what you're saying that you're grouping me into a "lazy and apathetic" category. That IS a personal insult. Sugarcoat it all you like, the fact remains, you're wrong.

    EvilDan wrote: However, I guess no one should ever generalize.

    That's the smartest thing you've said so far. To quote the omnipotent EvilDan... Kudos. ;)

    EvilDan wrote:Did you not say before that you wouldn't help a neighbor if they were being violated? That witnessing a crime, you would ignore it? It was their problem, and they shouldn't expect help from you? Now, you go out of your way to help people?

    Wtf? No, I didn't say any such thing. Wait, after a moments thought, I'm assuming you're referring to the comment I made to Slaytanic. You obviously took it the wrong way and twisted it way out of proportion. Like I said, the feeling I get from your statements is that its MY fault if your privacy gets violated, regardless of the circumstances, and THAT is what I have a problem with. Lets say for examples sake i'm not home, and my neighbours house gets robbed. I come home and they're yelling and ranting at me for not doing anything about it, when I wasn't around to even have any knowledge of it in the first place and provide help. How the fuck is that MY fault? The lazy and ignorant would blame it on me. I happen to live in a tightly knit neighbourhood watch group, actually. But I can understand your concern, I can only assume Americans don't care for one another and their neigbours, which is probably why you're so upset about it. Culturally, and the way of life in NZ is very different. Perhaps you should consider relocating.. just a thought. Even Australias gotta be better than wherever you are now, judging from how strung out you are about it, it must be pretty bad.

    EvilDan wrote:2nd, I never called YOU lazy. I, as you pointed out, made a generalization and kept it there. I did not address ANY individuals. Who said I don't do my own oil changes? That's an imaginary leap. Since when do we get to start making up facts, then attacking someone based on that? So your personal attacks on me are based on a false presumption.

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you don't need to address any individuals, it's clear from what you're saying that you're referring to all people who are lazy and apathetic, which in your view includes.. you guessed it.. ME. "Since when did we start making up facts, then attacking someone based on that?" Answer: since you falsely accused me of being too lazy to help a neighbour, or a friend, or a stranger, should they require my unconditional help. You took the first imaginary leap, I simply took a hop in the same direction.

    EvilDan wrote:I took matters into my own hands. Not only taking care of any repairs and maintenance that I can, not only investigating what other oil change services also required the information, not only notifying people of this crime (educating them, as I did here), but also attempting to get law enforcement agencies to do their jobs. Result = nothing. Sounds lazy and ignorant to me. Kudos.

    Talk is cheap, for all I know you could be talking yourself up. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say good on you, mate, for doing the right thing. And don't think I'm being sarcastic, I mean that, sincerely. You should know by now, I'm not one to "beat around the bush" so to speak, I don't "generalize", I get straight to the point. And you're right, you're still lazy and ignorant. Kudos.

    EvilDan wrote:Wrong? What's wrong? Nothing said follows what I said. You just agreed with what I said above, followed by more false presumptions and personal attacks. Kudos. Again, since it seems to have been missed, even though it was stated, I generalized and expanded the original point. And since you're so worried about me leaving the forum, I have already actively taken actions to promote what I need. And there's a great deal of things I would like to share with people, but won't because of this. As I've said about several topics on here, I'll be much freer with what I will discuss onbroad, where there is no permanent record.

    I was referring to myself as "lazy and apathetic" because that's how you know me, doesn't necessarily mean I agree with you, so my comment about standing up for myself when I feel my personal privacy has been breached still stands. You said that the lazy and apathetic (i.e. me, you're trying to be smart by not referring to me personally, but I know you are) don't care if they lose their privacy and freedom until something happens directly to them. Up to that point, it's someone else's problem. THAT is what's wrong. You said it yourself.. imaginary leaps, you're falsely making shit up about me like you have been doing from the start. I've already said i'm fortunate enough to live in a country where I haven't needed to fight against the law.. for breaking the law. But I guarantee you if I was asked to produce ID at a gas station here, I'll be showing them more than just my ID. I don't produce ID anywhere other than where it is required BY LAW. i.e liquor store, bar, airport etc. If that is being lazy and apathetic, so be it. I know my rights.
    And everything i've said follows what you've said, you just can't see it, it is common knowledge to misunderstand what people say on the internet, so I wont hold that against you. Yeah, you're absolutely right, I agree with everything you said.. that's why I'm debating with you, excellent logic, Sir. And where were the personal attacks? I don't see that at all. Clearly for whatever strange reason you believe "lazy and apathetic" is not a personal attack on me, but "lazy and ignorant" is a peronal attack on you.. go figure.

    EvilDan wrote:Ah, nice. More false presumptions and insults. Derisively dismissing what you already said you do. I see exactly what I said above in action every single day. (Someone not being proactive and protecting themselves, then bitching when something happens to them.) How exactly am I "passing on" the problem?

    Correction - accurate presumption and no insult. At this point, i'm getting confused with what your idea of an "insult" is. Is it that I said "hypocrite"? Oh God, no! Oh, the horror. Perhaps you need to grow a thicker hide. How is it that hypocrite is an insult, but you calling me lazy isn't? What I meant is that you constantly complain about how us "lazy" folk (yes, you continually insult me but I don't cry about it) supposedly don't do anything about our privacy being violated, until something happens to us, then supposedly we blame someone else for not intervening? Yet YOU are blaming someone else (us) for the problems in the first place. THAT is what makes you a hypocrite. Not an insult, a FACT.

    EvilDan wrote:I have to admit, I just don't follow the logic here, but I'll roll with it. I do actively avoid places that have cameras. (And I'm still not pleased with Section 13 of our contract, but I'm willing to sacrifice to be on the boat.) Is it any coincidence that I'm practically a hermit? This isn't the "Ostrich Syndrome" because I am actively recognizing and acting. And your solution is to shut up and take it? I think I'll fight, thank you very much. Just because it happens, doesn't mean it's acceptable. Just because that's the way it's always been, doesn't mean it HAS to be that way.

    Why am I not surprised? You don't seem to follow any logic at all. And thanks for proving my point. You just admitted to actively avoiding certain public places that have cameras, sounds like sheer paranoia to me. Yet you'll go on the boat despite your disagreement with section 13 of the contract. Like I said, you're a hypocrite, you'll comply with the system you suppodedly actively rebel against, as long as it is convenient for you. That is a crock of shit. I do agree that just because it happens, doesn't mean it's acceptable. But i've never said my solution is to just shut up and take it, I don't know where you got that idea from, like you said... imaginary leaps. I've already told you, if my personal privacy is violated, I will act against it, and I have done in the past, I don't put up with that shit. I don't know what part of that is so difficult for you to understand. I may not be an activist like you claim to be in that I don't purposely approach law enforcement and make them do their job, because as far as I'm concerned for the most part, at least in NZ, they're doing a fine job. But i'm also certainly not passive either in that I don't do nothing if someone violates my rights or freedoms. I respect law enforcement here and pisses me off when I hear young people say shit like "fuck the police!" they're constantly abused for doing their job. How about instead of "fuck the police" just quit breaking the law = the police wont hassle you. Problem solved.

    EvilDan wrote:More insults, more flawed logic, my statements ignored, and completely missing the point. Just another chance to attack and insult that doesn't further the dialogue. I'll ignore the obvious contradictions to what was said before. I have hopes that people will learn before it's too late. However, history, in general, is not on my side.

    I'm not insulting you mate, just telling it how it is, that's how I roll. I get your point, I just don't agree with it, that doesn't mean i'm "missing the point". Too bad, you can't ignore your contradictions in your previous statement, because I already pointed them out to you.

    EvilDan wrote:Yes, I am passionate about my personal freedom. When it's infringed upon, I fight back. It affects EVERYONE, not just me. I'm surprised that the idea that people failing to act are as responsible as those actively acting is a foreign concept to people.

    Good for you. Kudos. And it's not a foreign concept at all, it's just an innacurate and logically flawed concept. There is a clear distinction there.

    EvilDan wrote:It not fair? Since when did fairness become a concern? Certainly, it's not fair that other people's ignorance and lack of action negatively affect my rights? However, I didn't cry that "it's not fair". Such a strange thing to throw in the middle, and I don't feel like getting into a discussion of moral relativism.

    You missed the point. I couldn't care less how negatively your rights are affected. What I meant is that it is not fair to blame ME PERSONALLY because you're too paranoid to go out in public for fear that someone will see you on a security camera. Or someone will glance at you from the other side of the street. That's not my problem. So stop trying to blame me for being responsible for your paranoia. And i'm not crying about it any more than you're crying that your precious rights and privacy are violated. It was just a simple statement, nothing more, nothing less.

    EvilDan wrote:I will not take the personal attacks personally. Fair?

    Glad to hear that, I'd hate for you to take anything i've said personally... that would surely break my heart. Because I haven't made any attacks against you any more than you have against me. Fair, indeed.

    Anyway, I'm over it. If this continues we'll just keep goin' in circles. So i'm gonna be the better man here and drop it. Agree to disagree? Feel free to continue insulting me, blaming me for whatever it is you want, or reply to this message, whatever. You wont hear anything more from me. I've dropped it. Enjoy the cruise, and I hope your paranoia doesn't cause you to lock yourself away in your cabin. Because there will be a lot of cameras on board, imagine the injustice of being caught in the background of someones shot, right? Inconceivable. :roll:

    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

    Spiral out...
    :heavydrink: :shred: :death: :headbanger: :whisky:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • User avatar
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign
    Posts: 1131
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm
    Location: Westbank B.C. Canada
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by CaptOblivious » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:58 am

    i have learned one very important thing from this thread i shall try not to be as flipant while drunk. you people seem to get real uppity when personal freedoms of a drunk are surrendered. :oops:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by AlaskaRachel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:19 am

    CaptOblivious wrote:i have learned one very important thing from this thread i shall try not to be as flipant while drunk. you people seem to get real uppity when personal freedoms of a drunk are surrendered. :oops:

    You just have to learn to master it like Metalwrath :lol:
  • User avatar
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 am
    Location: Dallas

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by EvilDan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:12 am

    Sorry again, for those not interested.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Okay, I said I was going to drop this, but since Conrad decided to personally attack and insult me, I will respond to what was said. As you noticed, yes, I was making generalizations. Not attacking you. At no point, did I say "you". I'm disappointed.

    I apologize in advance for the length, but there are some important points below, for those that are interested.

    Bullshit, quit making excuses. I wasn't making any insults against you any worse than your "lazy and apathetic" insults against me. So basically you're saying it's ok for you to call me lazy and apathetic but you get upset when I call you lazy and ignorant? God forbid I insult the almighty "EvilDan" how dare I question your authority? What a tragedy. And it makes no difference if you were insulting me directly, or trying to be cunning by making "generalizations" and hope that I wont take offense to your obvious insults. It's clear from what you're saying that you're grouping me into a "lazy and apathetic" category. That IS a personal insult. Sugarcoat it all you like, the fact remains, you're wrong.


    Excuses? At no point did I insult you. From the start, I made a comment about Capt's statement. I figured it was a somewhat flippant remark, as he has confirmed. I never said he was lazy and apathetic. I did make a completely fair criticism of the typical lazy and apathetic behaviors. Individuals within that group may conform to some or all aspects of that category of people. At no time, did I address you. The only person that lumped you into the lazy and apathetic was you. You said you were lazy and apathetic. I felt no need to lump you into that because I really don't know you. I'm not going to make comments about things I don't know about. Not my fault if people can't make that distinction. If I wanted to insult you, I had more than enough opportunity, and you, and everyone else, would KNOW I was talking about you.

    And again, please quote any insults that I made. I fail to see them. I made verifiable statements concerning a group of people.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote: However, I guess no one should ever generalize.

    That's the smartest thing you've said so far. To quote the omnipotent EvilDan... Kudos. ;)

    I was being sarcastic, but oh well... And perhaps I'm misinterpreting here, but cognitive function wouldn't work very well if we couldn't generalize.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Did you not say before that you wouldn't help a neighbor if they were being violated? That witnessing a crime, you would ignore it? It was their problem, and they shouldn't expect help from you? Now, you go out of your way to help people?

    Wtf? No, I didn't say any such thing. Wait, after a moments thought, I'm assuming you're referring to the comment I made to Slaytanic. You obviously took it the wrong way and twisted it way out of proportion. Like I said, the feeling I get from your statements is that its MY fault if your privacy gets violated, regardless of the circumstances, and THAT is what I have a problem with. Lets say for examples sake i'm not home, and my neighbours house gets robbed. I come home and they're yelling and ranting at me for not doing anything about it, when I wasn't around to even have any knowledge of it in the first place and provide help. How the fuck is that MY fault? The lazy and ignorant would blame it on me. I happen to live in a tightly knit neighbourhood watch group, actually. But I can understand your concern, I can only assume Americans don't care for one another and their neigbours, which is probably why you're so upset about it. Culturally, and the way of life in NZ is very different. Perhaps you should consider relocating.. just a thought. Even Australias gotta be better than wherever you are now, judging from how strung out you are about it, it must be pretty bad.


    Only the ignorant would blame you in that situation. Nothing lazy or apathetic about being a moron that blames people that can't do anything about it. When it comes to individual rights, everyone can do something about it. You may remember the thread I started a while back about Freedom. Granted, I didn't get too many genuine responses, but this is the type of input I was looking for. I will have to do more investigation on NZ and Australia. Perhaps, my initial research was incomplete, and this is the haven I've been looking for.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:2nd, I never called YOU lazy. I, as you pointed out, made a generalization and kept it there. I did not address ANY individuals. Who said I don't do my own oil changes? That's an imaginary leap. Since when do we get to start making up facts, then attacking someone based on that? So your personal attacks on me are based on a false presumption.

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you don't need to address any individuals, it's clear from what you're saying that you're referring to all people who are lazy and apathetic, which in your view includes.. you guessed it.. ME. "Since when did we start making up facts, then attacking someone based on that?" Answer: since you falsely accused me of being too lazy to help a neighbour, or a friend, or a stranger, should they require my unconditional help. You took the first imaginary leap, I simply took a hop in the same direction.


    Note, in any group, there are aberrations. That said, generalizations are useful. Generalizations are not absolutes. Perhaps I should have clearly delineated all the givens. However, since they are given, I didn't think they needed to be stated. When speaking about the behaviors of a group of people, not all people within that group exhibit exactly the same behaviors. Individuals have the potential to act differently, while groups tend to exhibit a predictable behavior. Think of the numerous times people have mentioned fans of Slayer and Pantera as being a bunch of ignorant meatheads. I'm a big fan of both. I could be lumped into that generally correct statement. Just because I could be lumped into that group, doesn't mean it was aimed at me. I didn't take it personally, get upset, and start insulting the people that said it. My reaction was that they were generally right, and they're not talking about me, since I would be an aberration within that group. I can't be held responsible for you including yourself in a group that has behaviors you don't like, and then being offended by those behaviors. The behaviors are not in question, and they are not insults because they are verifiable.

    Your timeline is a little off here. Capt made a statement. I responded to the offending statement. You responded against my statement saying that you were lazy and apathetic and taking offense at completely verifiable behaviors of the lazy and apathetic. I then responded with an extension of verifiable behaviors of the lazy and apathetic and some examples. Still not lumping you into that group because it seemed to me that you were misclassifying yourself. You hardly seem lazy or apathetic, especially to passionately get into this discussion. You responded to me with fabricated facts and made your example of the neighbor. I then responded, for the first time addressing you, with lots of generalizations when i wasn't addressing you personally. I hope the above helps distinguish between addressing verifiable behaviors of a group versus addressing individuals.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:I took matters into my own hands. Not only taking care of any repairs and maintenance that I can, not only investigating what other oil change services also required the information, not only notifying people of this crime (educating them, as I did here), but also attempting to get law enforcement agencies to do their jobs. Result = nothing. Sounds lazy and ignorant to me. Kudos.

    Talk is cheap, for all I know you could be talking yourself up. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say good on you, mate, for doing the right thing. And don't think I'm being sarcastic, I mean that, sincerely. You should know by now, I'm not one to "beat around the bush" so to speak, I don't "generalize", I get straight to the point. And you're right, you're still lazy and ignorant. Kudos.


    Ugh... yes, it's soooo important to me that the people on this forum look up to me that I will lie to make myself look better. I have no reason to impress anyone here. If someone doesn't like me, fine. It's not going to affect me in the slightest. I have no reason to spend time with them on the boat, as there are plenty of people I would rather spend time with. I'm spending more time with this than I like because I hope someone will learn something, and they will put that into action.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Wrong? What's wrong? Nothing said follows what I said. You just agreed with what I said above, followed by more false presumptions and personal attacks. Kudos. Again, since it seems to have been missed, even though it was stated, I generalized and expanded the original point. And since you're so worried about me leaving the forum, I have already actively taken actions to promote what I need. And there's a great deal of things I would like to share with people, but won't because of this. As I've said about several topics on here, I'll be much freer with what I will discuss onbroad, where there is no permanent record.

    I was referring to myself as "lazy and apathetic" because that's how you know me, doesn't necessarily mean I agree with you, so my comment about standing up for myself when I feel my personal privacy has been breached still stands. You said that the lazy and apathetic (i.e. me, you're trying to be smart by not referring to me personally, but I know you are) don't care if they lose their privacy and freedom until something happens directly to them. Up to that point, it's someone else's problem. THAT is what's wrong. You said it yourself.. imaginary leaps, you're falsely making shit up about me like you have been doing from the start. I've already said i'm fortunate enough to live in a country where I haven't needed to fight against the law.. for breaking the law. But I guarantee you if I was asked to produce ID at a gas station here, I'll be showing them more than just my ID. I don't produce ID anywhere other than where it is required BY LAW. i.e liquor store, bar, airport etc. If that is being lazy and apathetic, so be it. I know my rights.
    And everything i've said follows what you've said, you just can't see it, it is common knowledge to misunderstand what people say on the internet, so I wont hold that against you. Yeah, you're absolutely right, I agree with everything you said.. that's why I'm debating with you, excellent logic, Sir. And where were the personal attacks? I don't see that at all. Clearly for whatever strange reason you believe "lazy and apathetic" is not a personal attack on me, but "lazy and ignorant" is a peronal attack on you.. go figure.


    Please see above for the distinction between addressing groups with verifiable behaviors versus addressing an individual. Your personal attacks were calling ME lazy, ignorant, stupid, made assumptions about how I act, telling me to go live under a rock, hypocrite, little kid, spoiled brat. These were addressed directly at me. You were not talking about the verifiable behaviors of a group of people.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Ah, nice. More false presumptions and insults. Derisively dismissing what you already said you do. I see exactly what I said above in action every single day. (Someone not being proactive and protecting themselves, then bitching when something happens to them.) How exactly am I "passing on" the problem?

    Correction - accurate presumption and no insult. At this point, i'm getting confused with what your idea of an "insult" is. Is it that I said "hypocrite"? Oh God, no! Oh, the horror. Perhaps you need to grow a thicker hide. How is it that hypocrite is an insult, but you calling me lazy isn't? What I meant is that you constantly complain about how us "lazy" folk (yes, you continually insult me but I don't cry about it) supposedly don't do anything about our privacy being violated, until something happens to us, then supposedly we blame someone else for not intervening? Yet YOU are blaming someone else (us) for the problems in the first place. THAT is what makes you a hypocrite. Not an insult, a FACT.


    Again, I never called you lazy. I responded to statements. You lumped yourself in with a group and took offense. I can't help that. Growing a thicker hide doesn't mean anything. I'm not particularly upset, but I pointed out insults because they are unnecessary. I'm not "complaining". I am educating people and noting verifiable behaviors. I am not a hypocrite for stating that those not willing to act to protect themselves are part of the problem because they are not part of the solution. This is a common theme throughout history, and I didn't think I'd need to bring up examples. I figured people would automatically pick up on some extreme examples such as pre-ww2 Germany, slavery across the world, multiple instances of genocide, etc. How do these things happen? Too many people fail to act. So your misunderstanding of the concepts I'm speaking about makes your comment an insult, not a fact. You cannot create a fact out of a false presumption.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:I have to admit, I just don't follow the logic here, but I'll roll with it. I do actively avoid places that have cameras. (And I'm still not pleased with Section 13 of our contract, but I'm willing to sacrifice to be on the boat.) Is it any coincidence that I'm practically a hermit? This isn't the "Ostrich Syndrome" because I am actively recognizing and acting. And your solution is to shut up and take it? I think I'll fight, thank you very much. Just because it happens, doesn't mean it's acceptable. Just because that's the way it's always been, doesn't mean it HAS to be that way.

    Why am I not surprised? You don't seem to follow any logic at all. And thanks for proving my point. You just admitted to actively avoiding certain public places that have cameras, sounds like sheer paranoia to me. Yet you'll go on the boat despite your disagreement with section 13 of the contract. Like I said, you're a hypocrite, you'll comply with the system you suppodedly actively rebel against, as long as it is convenient for you. That is a crock of shit. I do agree that just because it happens, doesn't mean it's acceptable. But i've never said my solution is to just shut up and take it, I don't know where you got that idea from, like you said... imaginary leaps. I've already told you, if my personal privacy is violated, I will act against it, and I have done in the past, I don't put up with that shit. I don't know what part of that is so difficult for you to understand. I may not be an activist like you claim to be in that I don't purposely approach law enforcement and make them do their job, because as far as I'm concerned for the most part, at least in NZ, they're doing a fine job. But i'm also certainly not passive either in that I don't do nothing if someone violates my rights or freedoms. I respect law enforcement here and pisses me off when I hear young people say shit like "fuck the police!" they're constantly abused for doing their job. How about instead of "fuck the police" just quit breaking the law = the police wont hassle you. Problem solved.


    We've really got to get some baseline vocabulary down to have this discussion, since I'm using far more restrictive definitions (distinguishing between privacy, freedom, rights, etc.) and more rigorous logic. You're mixing different things to call me a hypocrite. UMC is not violating any of my rights, and they are perfectly within their rights. It's unreasonable for them to make exceptions with a crowd of this size. And without it, they couldn't post any of the pictures from the last or next cruise. I may not like the potential abuse of Section 13, but I can actively look for and avoid cameras, with the exception of very few private pictures with some of the other cruisers, though I will probably beg off most. And I don't think UMC plan on abusing it. Most of the ship constitutes a public place. Nobody has any rights to privacy in public. And nowhere did I say I never go out in public, or recommend that no one ever go out. My rights are not being trampled. It's just very inconvenient.

    You said "your privacy will be invaded anywhere you go, that's just a fact of life, deal with it", which I took to mean, "shut up and take it", since I was already active in educating and acting. How should I have interpreted this?

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:More insults, more flawed logic, my statements ignored, and completely missing the point. Just another chance to attack and insult that doesn't further the dialogue. I'll ignore the obvious contradictions to what was said before. I have hopes that people will learn before it's too late. However, history, in general, is not on my side.

    I'm not insulting you mate, just telling it how it is, that's how I roll. I get your point, I just don't agree with it, that doesn't mean i'm "missing the point". Too bad, you can't ignore your contradictions in your previous statement, because I already pointed them out to you.


    See above. Contradictions were non-existent. Dissimilar things were compared.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Yes, I am passionate about my personal freedom. When it's infringed upon, I fight back. It affects EVERYONE, not just me. I'm surprised that the idea that people failing to act are as responsible as those actively acting is a foreign concept to people.

    Good for you. Kudos. And it's not a foreign concept at all, it's just an innacurate and logically flawed concept. There is a clear distinction there.


    See above. It is not an inaccurate and logically flawed concept. It is a long accepted truth.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:It not fair? Since when did fairness become a concern? Certainly, it's not fair that other people's ignorance and lack of action negatively affect my rights? However, I didn't cry that "it's not fair". Such a strange thing to throw in the middle, and I don't feel like getting into a discussion of moral relativism.

    You missed the point. I couldn't care less how negatively your rights are affected. What I meant is that it is not fair to blame ME PERSONALLY because you're too paranoid to go out in public for fear that someone will see you on a security camera. Or someone will glance at you from the other side of the street. That's not my problem. So stop trying to blame me for being responsible for your paranoia. And i'm not crying about it any more than you're crying that your precious rights and privacy are violated. It was just a simple statement, nothing more, nothing less.


    Once again, bringing up a situation that neither violates my rights, or that I am working against. Well, actually, I have been trying to inhibit or eliminate the placement of cameras that are on the street and follow people. You couldn't care less if my rights are violated. Wow. All my rights? Certain rights? Do you see where this leads without action? If only those violated acted? More and more people are violated. And by the time the violated are a large enough group for people to take notice, it's accepted practice and much harder to repeal.

    Conrad wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:I will not take the personal attacks personally. Fair?

    Glad to hear that, I'd hate for you to take anything i've said personally... that would surely break my heart. Because I haven't made any attacks against you any more than you have against me. Fair, indeed.


    See above.

    Conrad wrote:Anyway, I'm over it. If this continues we'll just keep goin' in circles. So i'm gonna be the better man here and drop it. Agree to disagree? Feel free to continue insulting me, blaming me for whatever it is you want, or reply to this message, whatever. You wont hear anything more from me. I've dropped it. Enjoy the cruise, and I hope your paranoia doesn't cause you to lock yourself away in your cabin. Because there will be a lot of cameras on board, imagine the injustice of being caught in the background of someones shot, right? Inconceivable. :roll:

    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

    Spiral out...
    :heavydrink: :shred: :death: :headbanger: :whisky:


    At this point, yes we would probably go in circles, as we already have generally because of misunderstandings between differing vernacular. We should at the very least stop on the public broad. And it sounds like neither of us has a desire to continue it in private. I felt it incumbent upon me to clarify the distortions. Thanks for being the better man, and that final little dig.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

    Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by KevinP » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 am

    Holy Wall of texts Con & Dan. Can't say I read more than a few small snippets of each before I :roll:

    I might just have to make it my personal mission in January to get you two to kiss and make up (and maybe have a tickle fight) :deathhorns:

    Someone wanna photoshop their heads on this :lol:
    Image

    Seriously though, as the purveyor of Normalcy and Rationality around here ( :lol: :roll: :lol: ), let me say that both of you let this steamroll way too far into something that means absolutely nothing. I don't want to hear who started this or that. Just suck it up, drop it, water under the bridge and move on.

    If not, you will both endure my wrath :twisted: :death: :twisted:

    Image
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    pablov8
    Midshipman
    Posts: 854
    Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by pablov8 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:18 pm

    Looks like Kevin showed you two who's the boss

    Image

    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • User avatar
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 am
    Location: Dallas

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by EvilDan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 am

    KevinP wrote:Holy Wall of texts Con & Dan. Can't say I read more than a few small snippets of each before I :roll:

    I might just have to make it my personal mission in January to get you two to kiss and make up (and maybe have a tickle fight) :deathhorns:

    Seriously though, as the purveyor of Normalcy and Rationality around here ( :lol: :roll: :lol: ), let me say that both of you let this steamroll way too far into something that means absolutely nothing. I don't want to hear who started this or that. Just suck it up, drop it, water under the bridge and move on.

    If not, you will both endure my wrath :twisted: :death: :twisted:

    Image


    HA HA!! :lol: No need for kissing and tickle fights. I'll have no problem hanging out on the boat with Conrad, so need get your wrath warmed up.

    I do hope the photoshop thing does NOT happen.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

    Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21180
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by mooyagi » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 am

    See how Facebook is tearing us apart? That's why Facebook must be destroyed! :P

    Arguments will break out from time to time. Happens to all of us. It just gets annoying when they start developing into each person developing their posts into giant walls of text. :roll:

    Ah well, all part of being a family. Glad to see that it will be moving on from here on out. Good job chiming in Kev. :heavydrink:

    Still, this argument is way more cordial than one would expect from an internet forum so good on the two of ya.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by KevinP » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 am

    EvilDan wrote:HA HA!! :lol: No need for kissing and tickle fights. I'll have no problem hanging out on the boat with Conrad, so need get your wrath warmed up.

    I do hope the photoshop thing does NOT happen.


    I'm lazy and unskilled, so it won't happen from me.

    And you know you want to wrap your beard around Connie and his kiwi skin :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by KDibildeaux » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:20 am

    KevinP wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:HA HA!! :lol: No need for kissing and tickle fights. I'll have no problem hanging out on the boat with Conrad, so need get your wrath warmed up.

    I do hope the photoshop thing does NOT happen.


    I'm lazy and unskilled, so it won't happen from me.

    And you know you want to wrap your beard around Connie and his kiwi skin :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I could do it........ Bu would like to avoid angry walls of text directed at me : lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by KevinP » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:09 am

    KDibildox wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:HA HA!! :lol: No need for kissing and tickle fights. I'll have no problem hanging out on the boat with Conrad, so need get your wrath warmed up.

    I do hope the photoshop thing does NOT happen.


    I'm lazy and unskilled, so it won't happen from me.

    And you know you want to wrap your beard around Connie and his kiwi skin :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I could do it........ Bu would like to avoid angry walls of text directed at me : lol:


    that sounds very power metal of you. Grow a pair and photoshop away please :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8262
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by DrinkMoxie » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:48 pm

    if it isn't putting dongs on their heads, my photoshop skills are less applicable
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by KDibildeaux » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:46 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I'm lazy and unskilled, so it won't happen from me.

    And you know you want to wrap your beard around Connie and his kiwi skin :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I could do it........ Bu would like to avoid angry walls of text directed at me :lol:


    that sounds very power metal of you. Grow a pair and photoshop away please :mrgreen:

    Haha maybe once I get back home, if I have nothing better to do :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Metalwrath

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:57 pm

    Just seen what they are about to do to facebook.
    I'll be deactivating my account there shortly and jsut stay in contact with people through IM programs and emails.
    Might give google+ a shot.Can't be worse than whats gonna happen to facebook on the 22nd of this month :lol:
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 791
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by biertroll » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:29 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Just seen what they are about to do to facebook.
    I'll be deactivating my account there shortly and jsut stay in contact with people through IM programs and emails.
    Might give google+ a shot.Can't be worse than whats gonna happen to facebook on the 22nd of this month :lol:

    what happens :(
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

    Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11115
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Just seen what they are about to do to facebook.
    I'll be deactivating my account there shortly and jsut stay in contact with people through IM programs and emails.
    Might give google+ a shot.Can't be worse than whats gonna happen to facebook on the 22nd of this month :lol:

    Can you give us an idea of what this is all about or link to the preview you saw? I can't seem to find anything on it which seems odd if its' something major. Thanks
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by AlaskaRachel » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:58 pm

    Its a major change to the profile layout. You get a huge customized banner at the top of your page and the layout will be completely different.
    It will be a bunch of boxes all over the place, like this:
    Image
    I don't know if it affects your news feed layout.
    It looks like Myspace.

    Edit: It's called Facebook Timeline
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8262
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by DrinkMoxie » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 pm

    if you wanna see what it looks like, I have it set up already
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11115
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:38 pm

    Thanks guys :cheers:

    So basically, same crap, different look eh?

    If it aint' broke, don't fix it but if it is broke, break it more? :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by last_candle » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 pm

    DrinkMoxie wrote:I just got Facebook Gold... it rules... TOTALLY worth the $10

    what's that?
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by AlaskaRachel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 pm

    last_candle wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I just got Facebook Gold... it rules... TOTALLY worth the $10

    what's that?

    Lies
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by last_candle » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:18 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I just got Facebook Gold... it rules... TOTALLY worth the $10

    what's that?

    Lies

    ok, non-existing
    thx
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 am
    Location: San Diego, California

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by Goddess of Metal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:40 pm

    I think Timeline is cool. I got to go back and see all the funny shit I posted and laugh at it again!!! :D I did delete some old comments but really not a big deal.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3


    Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by last_candle » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:49 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:Its a major change to the profile layout. You get a huge customized banner at the top of your page and the layout will be completely different.
    It will be a bunch of boxes all over the place, like this:
    Image
    I don't know if it affects your news feed layout.
    It looks like Myspace.
    Edit: It's called Facebook Timeline

    that look terrible
    I can't remember a single change they've made that actually was an improvement
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:57 pm

    ow well, as long as i can play vikingclan i don't mind :viking: :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21180
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by mooyagi » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:22 pm

    I love seeing people bitch about Facebook :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:46 pm

    mooyagi wrote:I love seeing people bitch about Facebook :death:



    hmmmmmm i wonder why? :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8262
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by DrinkMoxie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:52 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I just got Facebook Gold... it rules... TOTALLY worth the $10

    what's that?

    Lies

    haha, yeah, I was trollin'
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:33 pm

    Like all the other changes that have been made, it will be annoying at first, and then eventually everyone will move on and get used to it
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: facebook anyone...

    by last_candle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:27 am

    KDibildox wrote:Like all the other changes that have been made, it will be annoying at first, and then eventually everyone will move on and get used to it

    I still can't stand the sidebar "improvement" - and that's why I'm offline every time I'm actually on the page
    but hey, I don't wanna complain; yes, I'm on fb on a daily basis - but bitching about something like that would just be pathetic...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
Post Reply 320 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests