Post Reply 46 posts
NFL 2014/2015 Season
    mooyagi
    Captain

NFL 2014/2015 Season

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Time for a new NFL Season! I'm feeling pretty confident about New England's chances this year. The only worry spots for me are the interior OL (especially after trading Logan Mankins) and depth at LB. Hopefully they don't get crushed with injuries again.

I've made a straight Pick 'Em group if anyone wants to join in. Just pick the winners of each game for the week. Winner gets free beer on broad? Not like anyone ever pays up on these things :lol:

Link: http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=63341
    Group Name: 70000 Tons of Metal
    Password: 70ktom
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: NFL 2014/2015 Season

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Hoping the Cowboys have a better year this year!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Joined :)

Hoping the Cowboys have a better year this year!

They'll most likely finish 8-8 again :lol:
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Huns are in! Mooyagi, we must come from opposite land in the sports world. I am a dolphins fan - hate the patriots and their stupid good organization, coaching, player development and general management. your bully (hernandez) was even much better than ours (incognito). urrghhh.

but i still got the kings! :death: :death:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:53 pm

athun wrote:Huns are in! Mooyagi, we must come from opposite land in the sports world. I am a dolphins fan - hate the patriots and their stupid good organization, coaching, player development and general management. your bully (hernandez) was even much better than ours (incognito). urrghhh.

but i still got the kings! :death: :death:

Sunday could be tough for the Pats. Playing in Miami is always a struggle for them. If there is some hint of a threat to New England in the division, it would be the Fins.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:54 am

Signed up for the Pick 'Em group. Someone has to to finish last. :lol:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Signed up for the Pick 'Em group. Someone has to to finish last. :lol:

Just like the Vikings! :P
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:43 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Signed up for the Pick 'Em group. Someone has to to finish last. :lol:

Well played. :lol:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:heavydrink:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:10 pm

I think I am in, a game to late :stagger:
    a game to late and a good thing cause I would have lost a point
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:36 pm

What a horrible week for the NFL PR department.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Much, much better from the Patriots this week. Pretty much the whole second half was garbage time. :lol: Need to cut the penalties though.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Bit of a surprise win by the Cowboys. Very happy :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm

I see the Saints are back to their old ways of losing on the road but now it's to field goals.
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:22 am

Wow that Ike Taylor arm break was brutal last night.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:35 pm

3-way tie at the top of the pick 'em group after week 3.
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:24 pm

mooyagi wrote:3-way tie at the top of the pick 'em group after week 3.

suckers! i got my own room at the bottom! :chug:

my thoughts so far on the season - the dolphins organization, while improving, is still somewhat of a disaster. nice first round pick. :evil:
    seahawks can be beat, but you better be near perfect. patriots are back to their crappy winning ways. screw them. where's the saints offense? they really need a sproles/bush type back.
    it is interesting how the eagles have been dominating the second halves of games. that is exactly how the oregon ducks were under kelly and still are.
    bears def coord is doing an amazing job plugging up the secondary. they could be pretty good if they can stay healthy.
    Cardinals beating niners was awesome. they are looking like one of the better nfc teams.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:15 pm

athun wrote:patriots are back to their crappy winning ways.

They look really bad right now. I was furious on Sunday and we won! :lol: :bitch:

Hopefully the offensive line can get it together soon.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:24 pm

How about them Cowboys :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:42 am

4-way tie for first.

Damn, I had a bad weekend for my picks.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Woof. Dafuq was that, Pats? :bitch:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:37 pm

The Cowboys are good?

Pats have looked much, much better the past two weeks but suffered a couple of big injuries today.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 am

The Cowboys are good!

Still waiting for them to fall in a big heap :P Surely that is gonna happen soon :P

Before the season started I put $1 on the Cowboys to win the superbowl at odds of 26-1.

Now I'm wishing I bet a little more;)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:22 pm

And the cowboys keep on winning!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 pm

The end of the 1st half of the Pats/Bears today was really, really fun to watch. :mrgreen: Next week will be really tough against Denver.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:56 pm

And statsman has taken a 1 point lead! :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:51 am

cowboy71 wrote:And statsman has taken a 1 point lead! :)

And the statsman has lost that 1 point lead. :P

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:And statsman has taken a 1 point lead! :)

And the statsman has lost that 1 point lead. :P

It was fun while it lasted :( :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Useless freaking cowboys.

On the bright side, I didn't pick 'em :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:32 am

Pats look very, very good heading into their bye week. Hopefully they can keep it going
  • Bobzilla28
    Wiper

by Bobzilla28 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 am

Mooyagi - how ya feeling after the Patriots dismantling of the Broncos?
    Far cry from Week 1 and the Chiefs debacle. Been a Patriots season
    ticket holder for 28 years (9th row North End Zone). Hopefully we will
    be celebrating an AFC Championship onboard!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:45 am

Bobzilla28 wrote:Mooyagi - how ya feeling after the Patriots dismantling of the Broncos?
    Far cry from Week 1 and the Chiefs debacle. Been a Patriots season
    ticket holder for 28 years (9th row North End Zone). Hopefully we will
    be celebrating an AFC Championship onboard!

Couldn't be happier with the way that game turned out. :D

The Chiefs game clearly lit a fire under their asses. Brady has been playing out of his mind and Gronk is unstoppable right now. Also, the offensive line has looked much, much better since Stork got healthy. I love the physical dimension Browner is bringing to the secondary (even with the penalties). Nice to have a defense we can trust again, and that's with the injuries.

I'm very optimistic about the season now, but I just wish the Dolphins would fade already. AFC East is a very tough division this season. An AFC Championship would be great to celebrate on the ship.

Oh man, those are great seats. I've only sat on the north side for Revs games but great view of the field. Haven't been to a Pats game in Gillette in a while. Moving away sucks sometimes. :cry:
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:20 pm

we will be in florida - its appropriate to celebrate the Dolphins AFC crown! :bangers:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:14 pm

sgt. b is streaking away !!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:26 pm

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Are the Colts even on the field at the moment? :shock:

Cowboys are playoff-bound, baby!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:32 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Are the Colts even on the field at the moment? :shock:

Cowboys are playoff-bound, baby!!!

I can't wait for the inevitable playoff meltdown :P

Can't really trash talk. Jets showed today how a team with a good front line can really rattle the Pats. That could be trouble against a team that can actually score points.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Well played Sgt B - clear winner!

Now, BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Well played Sgt B - clear winner!

Thank you!

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Woohoo! Go Pats! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Seattle will be very difficult to beat in the Super Bowl but hopefully Tom and Friends can pull it off.
Post Reply 46 posts