Locked 38 posts Page 1 of 1
Public apology.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Public apology.

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:41 pm

I want to apologize for my attitude and demeanor since I was laid off in March. I have been not doing so hot emotionally and shit. Any little thing sets me off like a wildfire. But since the passing of our beloved Maddy, I have started to look at things differently. Since finding out about her untimely death, I have had a phone interview and then today I had a last minute call about a job interview and I went on it and I think it really went well. I had a good feeling about it. I smiled a lot. I truly believe with all my heart that Marina is "watching over" me. It all seems so strange. Then Iced Earth are confirmed.

So please forgive the old me, because I have been going through anger, fear, depression and darkness in this rotten economy.

I want to personally thank my friends Eric and then Dan Ritchie, your support and huge hearts are more than one man can ask for. THANK YOU

And thanks to Deb and Craig and Jose and Michael and Tim and tyr and jake and all the other crazy cruisers who have listened to me bitch and whine and act bizzare the past few months.

I believe that there is a light at the end of my tunnel and I am almost there.

Let me leave you with the first verse of "Watching over Me" by Iced Earth.

I had a friend many years ago
    One tragic night he died
    The saddest time of my life
    For weeks and weeks i cried
    Through the anger and through the tears
    I've felt his spirit through the years
    I'd swear, He's watching me
    Guiding me through hard times

I will lose it if they played that song. They should and change "He to She" and dedicate it to Maddy/Marina!

Love and Light and METAL AND BEER

Scott :party: :party: :givebeer: :cheers: :heavydrink: :mrgreen:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    debborah1
    Commander

Re: Public apology.

by debborah1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:10 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I want to apologize for my attitude and demeanor since I was laid off in March. I have been not doing so hot emotionally and shit. Any little thing sets me off like a wildfire. But since the passing of our beloved Maddy, I have started to look at things differently. Since finding out about her untimely death, I have had a phone interview and then today I had a last minute call about a job interview and I went on it and I think it really went well. I had a good feeling about it. I smiled a lot. I truly believe with all my heart that Marina is "watching over" me. It all seems so strange. Then Iced Earth are confirmed.

So please forgive the old me, because I have been going through anger, fear, depression and darkness in this rotten economy.

I want to personally thank my friends Eric and then Dan Ritchie, your support and huge hearts are more than one man can ask for. THANK YOU

And thanks to Deb and Craig and Jose and Michael and Tim and tyr and jake and all the other crazy cruisers who have listened to me bitch and whine and act bizzare the past few months.

One tragic night he died

I will lose it if they played that song. They should and change "He to She" and dedicate it to Maddy/Marina!

You know we have your back you big 'ol teddy bear! sometimes it takes tragedy to open the eyes of others...I certainly wish you well in your job search...they are out there!...you just have to go get'm...and you are definately a GO GETTER! We love you Scott :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Thank you Deb. My local friends started calling me Grumps and that did not help. I had a couple of friends say "Man this is not like you at all" and I realized that they were right. Mind you, I am not on any medication due to no health insurance. I have a limited supply of Clonipin for Panic and Anxiety. I break them in half trying to ration them.

I really am hoping and praying to Odin that I get this job. I was literally ready to lose my mind and the tragedy over the past two days have been a slap in the face for me.

LOVE YOU TOO

GROUP HUGS :deathmetal:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:08 pm

I haven't really talked to you, but you HONESTLY always seem like you've got one of the best senses of humor on here, man. No idea what you're talking about.

Congrats on those interviews & good luck! :cheers:
    D E C K 6
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:17 pm

AlabastRDisastR wrote:I haven't really talked to you, but you HONESTLY always seem like you've got one of the best senses of humor on here, man. No idea what you're talking about.

Congrats on those interviews & good luck! :cheers:

Thank you!!!!!! I actually have no idea what I am talking about too. But I seem to "offend" a couple of people on here I think. And that is not my intentions! I do have a great sense of humor and love to laugh and have fun. Boundless energy. And a huge heart, so I am told. But when things go bad and rough in my life I have a somewhat hard time dealing with simple stuff. It's not a fault, its human nature.

I am here, I drink beer, get used to it. :cheers:
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Its been a rough couple of months for me, as well, & I KNOW(or atleast I fell like) I've been taking it out on well meaning, innocent by-standers & friends. I understand how you feel. But then again, if someone's going to get offended by someone who's normally jovial & sweet... :roll:

Idunno. I always give people the benefit of the doubt. Everyone has bad days/weeks/months/years, and everyone has their breaking point. 'GET OUT OF JAIL FREE' CARD, for everyone!

But LOL your apology. Seriously, it takes quite the person to be like, "HEY, I WAS A DICK. SORRY, GUYS!"

Also-
    I am here, I drink beer, get used to it.

Yes. :lol:
    D E C K 6
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Hey Tom,

I've always thought your posts are hilarious with their mix of callous wit and "seen it all" outlook, not to mention a small dosage of silliness to push it all along. Keep on keeping on, let tha haterz hate, don't let no one get up in yo grill. Smoke em fo dinna, take a ride in yo spinnaz. Knaw I meen?

Word.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:45 pm

You guys crack me up. I got chuckles. Get out of Jail free card. hahahahaha that rules.

And Element- I friend requested your band on My Space yesterday and am very interesed as I love Female Fronted bands. Can you believe that I love After Forever, Within Temptation, The Gathering, Ashes You Leave, Trail of Tears, Tristania, Nightwish (With Tarja), As Divine Grace, Elend, and dozens more but I still have to hear EPICA??? hahahahah I do like what I have seen (literally) of the singer. wowza. yeah the seen it all mentallity and persona has gotten me in trouble in the past. Because I have been to Europe 18 times for metal festivals since 97, I have been slammed verbally by saying I was a name dropper and a bragging because I have friends who are musicians. Mostly in Scandinavia but some in Germany too. I was just sharing experiences and shit. I had it pointed out to me that all it was was petty jealously. Hey dude are you going to Noctis in Calgary? I will be there.

Man I need a beer so bad but I am not drinking as much due to my exercise program.

Thanks for all the kind words. I will let y'all know if I get a call or offer about the job. Crossing fingers. They will love it when I tell them I am going to Norway for a week August 24th - 31st. And Calgary Sept 23-26 and then a week or 8 days for the cruise (going to spend time in Miami and go to Nicko McBrain's joint in coral springs)

Everyone here rules. We are all brothers and sisters in Metal. My favorite part of it all is the diversity of each person. Each person is unique and different and handles things/situations in their own way.

Cheers and :givebeer:

PS- Thanks for the private messages to the couple of peeps who chose to speak off the board., :mrgreen:
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:51 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:And Element- I friend requested your band on My Space yesterday and am very interesed as I love Female Fronted bands.
    Thanks mate, it's always flattering and appreciated when someone takes an interest in my little band. I'll let you know what we release our debut disk and I'll be putting up all the songs to listen to when we're ready.
    Can you believe that I love After Forever, Within Temptation, The Gathering, Ashes You Leave, Trail of Tears, Tristania, Nightwish (With Tarja), As Divine Grace, Elend, and dozens more but I still have to hear EPICA??? hahahahah I do like what I have seen (literally) of the singer. wowza.

It's a bit surprising, considering the suddent surge of popularity that has surrounded Epica in recent years. However everyone has a bunch of "big bands" that they hear about all the time but never actually check out for whatever reason so I can certainly believe it.
    yeah the seen it all mentallity and persona has gotten me in trouble in the past. Because I have been to Europe 18 times for metal festivals since 97, I have been slammed verbally by saying I was a name dropper and a bragging because I have friends who are musicians. Mostly in Scandinavia but some in Germany too. I was just sharing experiences and shit. I had it pointed out to me that all it was was petty jealously.
    Again, let the haterz hate. I've ran into a few musicians in my adventures (Sat next to Andre Matos from Angra, Shamaan, Avantasia guest, Viper, etc on a plane!), some of them happened to be ones that I really liked. It's really great to be able to just run into someone that you've heard of halfway across the world based on their music alone, and if you become friends and actually connect, good on you. At least you can say that you actually took a step outside your home country and went on all those cool trips and visits to festivals that you wanted to.
    [quote[Hey dude are you going to Noctis in Calgary? I will be there. [/quote] Yeah, I'm gonna be there. I missed the last two Noctis festivals, but I saw the first edition and it was fucking deadly. I hear it's only gotten better, and this year has one of the better lineups. Manegarm, Sodom, The Devils Blood, Viathyn, Divinity, Root, Striker, Ex Deo and Metsatoll are gonna be great, and I'm sure the other bands will impress as well. Wish my band was on that gig!

That promoter in Calgary always puts on excellent shows. Even her non-festival deals are immaculate!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 am

Scott, keep on keepin' on big guy!
    Good to hear things are looking up for you.. I'm looking forward to having some beers with you come September!!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks Jake. I am surprised that I did not lose my mind completely. Getting laid off on March 30th and at that point I had already booked flights for Norway, bought tickets to Hole in the Sky festival, reserved the hotel. And had booked the cruise.

Freaking out was an understatement!!!!!!!! I just am trying to turn my life around and find work. I have never in my life had this much difficulty in finding a job. The economy is so bad right now. National Deficit is pitiful. I wont get into politics but I did not vote for a liar.

The past 4 months have been rough and I am in awe that the cruise is just 5 months away!!! :shred:

Yeah, hopefully the beers will be good at the festival in Calgary! :)
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:01 am

hey tom, no appologies neccesarry dude!!
    i can't tell if anyoday got offended, but sure as hell wasn't me , or mike i think for that matter :lol:
    I just hope some dutch derailment helped, so we'll just keep going on :headbanger:

BTW, i always find you post very well thought and well reasoned :cheers:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:12 am

Dank u wel, Alstublieft

:) Wait until you hear me say my two dutch words Tim. hahahahahah

Yeah I am going to just roll with everything. Maybe I will get a call Monday about the job I interviewed for! Who knows?

The boat is big and so I do not have to hang out or even say hello to any "haterz" I was in high school 30 years ago. I was going to go to my reunion next month just to shine/ignore the assholes in school who were so mean to me. What they did to me makes beavis and butthead look like spongebob squarepants
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Look out! He's going soft! Get the fire hose :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:54 pm

:lol: It is because my mate/partner in crime Peter aka Metalwrath is on summer european vacation! He will return in a week I think. I cannot wait to hear about Metalcamp! Maddy said it was awesome.
    R8R55
    Crewman

by R8R55 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:23 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I want to apologize for my attitude and demeanor since I was laid off in March. I have been not doing so hot emotionally and shit. Any little thing sets me off like a wildfire. But since the passing of our beloved Maddy, I have started to look at things differently. Since finding out about her untimely death, I have had a phone interview and then today I had a last minute call about a job interview and I went on it and I think it really went well. I had a good feeling about it. I smiled a lot. I truly believe with all my heart that Marina is "watching over" me. It all seems so strange. Then Iced Earth are confirmed.

One tragic night he died

No reason to apologize or thank you nessasary. Shit happens to all of us and we all deal with it in our own ways. Just stay who you are and you'll get threw it and if friends can help, Thats what there for. I hope all works out good for you soon. I'm here if you ever need me.
    BANG THE HEAD THAT DOES NOT BANG!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks Dan, that tamarind candy was THE BOMB! I loved it! Puparino or whatever! Super weird, loved how hot it got. I love cajun and super spicy so this candy was right up my alley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And everyone needs to hear Crotch Duster! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:00 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Thanks Dan, that tamarind candy was THE BOMB! I loved it! Puparino or whatever! Super weird, loved how hot it got. I love cajun and super spicy so this candy was right up my alley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ate a tamarind candy once. Salsaghetti. Closest I've come to vomiting in years.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:51 pm

:lol:

Its called Pulparindo!!! Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmm hot :beerwink:
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:36 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote::lol:

To inform.

From Wikipedia:
    "
    Pulparindo is the trade name of a Mexican candy produced by de la Rosa. The candy is made from the pulp from tamarind, and is flavored with sugar, salt, and Chili peppers, making it simultaneously tart, sweet, salty, and hot. The "extra picante" variation is especially spicy.

In July 2007, the California Department of Health announced in a press release that they had conducted testing on Pulparindo candy that showed the candy contained between 0.12ppm (parts per million) and 0.18ppm of lead."

Sounds tasty... except for the lead. LOL
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:37 am

hmmm is isn't the same as Kopi Luwak right?

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:46 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:hmmm is isn't the same as Kopi Luwak right?

I am sure frickendel (sp) has worse stuff in it than the mexican candy. at dynamo during six feet under I was eating one and a dutch guy came up to me and said "do you know what you are eating" and i said "no" and he said "Sheep eyes, horse penis, pig assholes" I said "ok, thanks" and took another bite.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:48 am

metalheadtop wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote::lol:

To inform.

From Wikipedia:
    "
    Pulparindo is the trade name of a Mexican candy produced by de la Rosa. The candy is made from the pulp from tamarind, and is flavored with sugar, salt, and Chili peppers, making it simultaneously tart, sweet, salty, and hot. The "extra picante" variation is especially spicy.

In July 2007, the California Department of Health announced in a press release that they had conducted testing on Pulparindo candy that showed the candy contained between 0.12ppm (parts per million) and 0.18ppm of lead."

Sounds tasty... except for the lead. LOL

They would not be allowed to market it if it was dangerous like that. And besides, I learned to not believe everything I read on the internet! :D
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Scott, I thought you was a hard-ass, but you're actually a softie. :beerhorns:
    I hope new work comes through for you, and you are able to make all the cruise payments, so we can party in Jan.
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:55 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:You guys crack me up. I got chuckles. Get out of Jail free card. hahahahaha that rules.

And Element- I friend requested your band on My Space yesterday and am very interesed as I love Female Fronted bands. Can you believe that I love After Forever, Within Temptation, The Gathering, Ashes You Leave, Trail of Tears, Tristania, Nightwish (With Tarja), As Divine Grace, Elend, and dozens more but I still have to hear EPICA??? hahahahah I do like what I have seen (literally) of the singer. wowza. yeah the seen it all mentallity and persona has gotten me in trouble in the past. Because I have been to Europe 18 times for metal festivals since 97, I have been slammed verbally by saying I was a name dropper and a bragging because I have friends who are musicians. Mostly in Scandinavia but some in Germany too. I was just sharing experiences and shit. I had it pointed out to me that all it was was petty jealously. Hey dude are you going to Noctis in Calgary? I will be there.

Man I need a beer so bad but I am not drinking as much due to my exercise program.

Thanks for all the kind words. I will let y'all know if I get a call or offer about the job. Crossing fingers. They will love it when I tell them I am going to Norway for a week August 24th - 31st. And Calgary Sept 23-26 and then a week or 8 days for the cruise (going to spend time in Miami and go to Nicko McBrain's joint in coral springs)

Everyone here rules. We are all brothers and sisters in Metal. My favorite part of it all is the diversity of each person. Each person is unique and different and handles things/situations in their own way.

Cheers and :givebeer:

PS- Thanks for the private messages to the couple of peeps who chose to speak off the board., :mrgreen:

Haven't really heard Epica??
    For me, after hearing Epica, I can no longer listen to other 'Female-Fronted Metal Bands' because Simon Simons, of epica, just destroys them.
    Her voice is so much better, louder, clearer, nicer-sounding, etc.
    Point being, you'll love 'em LIVE. And you'll find that you wont be listening to those other FFMB's as often.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Oh I doubt that. 3rd and the Mortal are one of my faves and I cannot stop listening to them for 15 years solid. :) I love Kari Rueslatten., I used to have her solo albums and some ex g/f stole them from me and they are all out of print now.

If someone wants to send me a burn of the Epica i would appreciate it, I cannot buy new music because of my unemployment situation

Yes, I am a HUGE softie. I look hard assed maybe that is what is stopping me from getting a job. LOL

Should cut my hair I suppose but I do not want to. :(
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:58 am

it is discrimination to deny someone a job because long hair....

• cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:20 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:it is discrimination to deny someone a job because long hair....

Depends on the job over here in the States. Some places have an appearance policy that says how long a male's hair can be. I worked at a theme park that wouldn't allow hair past your ears. Personally, I think it's a pretty arbitrary rule. Women can have long or short hair, who's to say men are supposed to look a certain way?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:04 am

cg138 wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:it is discrimination to deny someone a job because long hair....

Depends on the job over here in the States. Some places have an appearance policy that says how long a male's hair can be. I worked at a theme park that wouldn't allow hair past your ears. Personally, I think it's a pretty arbitrary rule. Women can have long or short hair, who's to say men are supposed to look a certain way?

Its sad that if the hiring manager does not like the length of your hair or how much you weigh or what color your skin is. They can just make up an excuse that they liked the previous interviewee.

I will gargle with broken glass before I cut my hair for a job

Fuck em
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:19 am

cg138 wrote:

that's why it's discrimination! you can not demand a male letting his hair grow further then a certain point and a women can grow her hair as long as they want to.....

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Yeah, and in a perfect world, we'd all wake up to blowjobs & breakfast in bed but whoever told ya life was fair is not your friend.

Sometimes we have to pick our battles in order to get what we really want or need in life.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:57 pm

that's true.
    but that's something totally hypocrite about USA. it claims to be the land of freedom. but only in certain ways.
    example: the porn business. the USA had one of the most largest (if not he most largest) Porn industries in the world.
    but if the president get's one little blowjob from another women, the USA is upside-down...

not that the netherlands are much better. we have got a weird looking goofball with a more ridiculous haircut then jan peter balkende (more know as the double of harry potter) who can say things as ethnical registration.... damn did ever learned history???

• cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:56 pm

I'd cut my hair for the blowjobs and breakfast.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 pm

not me, I am fine with FLESHLIGHT and aunt jemima's microwavable Sausage scramble frozen breakfast,

I would only cut my hair for a large amount of money
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:41 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:not me, I am fine with FLESHLIGHT and aunt jemima's microwavable Sausage scramble frozen breakfast,

I would only cut my hair for a large amount of money

wait wait i still got some pennies somewhere...
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Not if its in the corporate policy.
    I fought this on one job for 15 years because i had long hair, i grew my hair after i was hired, but i was denied a supervisor position because i had long hair. Cut your hair and get the promotion.
    Welcome to Corporate America!
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:48 pm

The only time it is discrimination, a federal law, is if you are Native American.
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Chopper wrote:The only time it is discrimination, a federal law, is if you are Native American.

Fucking white guilt.
  • Locked 38 posts Page 1 of 1