Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
Getting shredded before the cruise
  • Elissa
    Wiper

Getting shredded before the cruise

by Elissa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Hey guys.

I have a massive dream that's likely never going to come true.

I'm a personal trainer / sports & conditioning coach & sports nutritionist who fucking loves metal and lifting.

It would be absolutely AMAZING to open my own training studio, train metalheads and listen to metal all day then go out for beers. If I could be known as the go-to PT for metalheads and musicians that would be fucking ace, but the problem is that *most* metalheads don't really train (we're too busy drinking haha) and where I live in Melbourne Australia, there's just not enough of a market for this kind of thing.

So I figured, why the fuck not train a heap of metalheads online before the 2018 cruise!

I DON'T WANT ANY MONEY FOR THIS. It's not a business venture but a labor of love.

So if people are interested, I will create a 70k FB group for anyone doing the Cruise this year who wants FREE* advice on how to lift and eat to look better for the trip. I personally, don't give a fuck about getting ripped but I'm training for powerlifting and am an ex bodybuilder, so regardless of if you're trying to drop body fat, you want build muscle or you want to get strong as fuck, I can help.

I have a bunch of online programs I can post and can do Q&As for you in the group leading up to the trip.

*I will avoid giving personalised programming or nutrition plans because I already have over 40 online clients and it takes up a fuckload of my time - but I could definitely give you enough info to keep you going and can advise on your circumstances if you have specific dietary needs, injuries or other considerations.

Post below if you're interested?

GET SHREDDED AND HELP MY DREAM COME TRUE :)
    Find me on FB - Elissa Jewell
    Instagram - Jewell Body Sculpting
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

Re: Getting shredded before the cruise

by Masterbas » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Hahaha I love the idea, I've been training for a few months now. But it looks like everyone around me in the gym is just listening to Electronic and Rap, the gym doesn't really go out of Pop music much. So I got to have my headphones if I want my Metal. Kinda sad that I live way too far to get in your future studio ;).

If you create a group, I'll join for sure.

I've started about 7 years ago to look closer at my exercises routines. Started rollerblading a lot and lost about 40 pounds that way, last year I looked at my nutrition, started a protein diet and lost another 52 pounds. After spending the winter as a hockey coach for kids (so always skating), I decided the Gym was the next step. So I've been training for 4-5 months now. Off course it helped my motivation that I was going to the cruise last winter lol and helps me keep it that I booked for 2018 already hehehe.

:givebeer:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:10 am

I don't have Facebook, but I'd sure be interested in any nutrition tips!

I've been plagued with issues on my right knee for the last 18 months (still ongoing), as a result, I began lifting since I didn't have much choice, not a lot of sports are not involving the legs at all. I'm just working my upper body.
    I'm now training 3 times a week, but I have really bad habits when it comes to eating, as I always feel lazy as fuck when it comes to cooking. So any advice about when/what to eat, differences between resting days and training days, etc. will be more than appreciated!
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 am

I would join if you make a facebook group. I've been out of the Iron Temple for the last 8 weeks because I've been doing PT for a lower back/hip issue that is 90% of the way better. I'm down nearly 10 lbs from my prior weight, so I have my work cut out for me!
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 am

Definitely interested. Had to stop playing roller derby due to my back issues, so now I have all the time to workout!

I went to the gym on board every day this year and it was great to see the same people multiple times.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 am

Evican wrote:Had to stop playing roller derby due to my back issues

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm not sailing again this year but have 3 times in the past and hope to in 2019 so make that page and don't bar me from entering!

Best of luck with your goals for your specialized business!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Elissa
    Wiper

by Elissa » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Hey guys!

Let's get this happening!

I'll create a FB group this week and post the link here!

If you don't have FB I'll email you direct with some stuff :)
    Find me on FB - Elissa Jewell
    Instagram - Jewell Body Sculpting
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:19 am

I'd join the FB group as well for sure. I was starting to make some good progress on losing weight last year and early into this year. But then I got into a new relationship....got comfortable....and drank WAY too much beer this summer :lol: . Needless to say I've got some work to do. Been starting off easy and doing DDP Yoga every day for the past couple weeks and I'm feeling a million times better already. Within the next month I plan to finally start looking for a gym to join instead of just talking about doing it like I have for the past 5 years lol
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 am

Elissa, have you created the facebook group? Send us the link :)
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:43 pm

I'd be interested!!!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:00 pm

I wish I had seen this earlier. Still interested, though
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:27 am

I guess this never happened. Too bad. Great idea.
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 am

Same here, a promising idea, but well...I had a look at her profile "Last visited:Sat 30 Sep, 2017 21:53"
    Guess it's not going to happen anytime soon.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1