Post Reply 131 posts
Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11141
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:52 am

    CharleneThrashes wrote:but I still dream of kissing those butts often, to this day. Guess the urge will never leave.


    Lmfao! I've never heard it called that! Actually, the urge will leave but that shows ya how insidious that drug is. I'd quit a couple times before for long periods like 1.5 and almost 2 years where the urge never left but this time it's completely vanished. Even got to the point where I could pound some beers and only think about it but not obsess at all.

    Nightside : My friend has been on that "blue" cig for over a year now and it is great that she can get her fix and no smoke is involved.
    I used the patch a lot the other times I quit (not the most recent time), and it really helped but oh my freaking gods, the dreams I had while wearing those things. I'm a vivid dreamer to begin with but those things were like being on acid in my sleep. I almost wanna throw one on from time to time just to go on a trip but I don't think it'd be wise to introduce a powerful dose of nicotine into my system haha
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Captain Metal » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:10 pm

    Glad I never took up smoking. Tried a cigarette when I was a kid and that cured me of any curiosity for all time. Bleahhh!
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:50 am

    I need to try quit smoking myself to save money.
    8 euro 50 cent a packet over here.
    An expensive hobby :lol:
  • User avatar
    GhostMemory
    Crewman
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 am
    Location: Berkshire, England

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by GhostMemory » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:07 am

    I'm Head of Web Development at an e-commerce/SEO company. I have a total of 5 underlings under my command :evil:
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

    Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by KevinP » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:52 pm

    Due to my long hair during 1993 Phil Rizzutto (for all you Yankee fans) saw me in the stands with a sign and said "hey is that Meatloaf". My 5 minutes of fame (which I still have on tape). :viking:
    Last edited by KevinP on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 186
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 pm
    Location: KY
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by CharleneThrashes » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:I need to try quit smoking myself to save money.
    8 euro 50 cent a packet over here.
    An expensive hobby :lol:



    I quit in the beginning due to the price but after a few days of breathing much better, that was another reason to help me stick with it.
    When I started smoking, cigs were about 1.15 usd a pack and I was paying over double that a pack at the time I quit. :shock:

    70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Captain Metal » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:53 pm

    Phil Rizzutto? Isn't that the guy from The Money Store commercials years ago?

    And being mistaken for Meatloaf? Yikes! :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by KevinP » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:29 pm

    Captain Metal wrote:Phil Rizzutto? Isn't that the guy from The Money Store commercials years ago?

    And being mistaken for Meatloaf? Yikes! :lol:


    YES Phil did The Money Store commericals. He was also a Hal of Fam SS for many Yankee championships.

    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 am
    Location: Hobe Sound, Florida
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by junkhead13 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 am

    I am a project manager for a construction company. Definitely not my life's passion, but eh, what can you do. I am lucky enough to have a job in this crazy world!

    Next job, future powerball/lottery winner!
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • User avatar
    Nightside ov Eden
    Wiper
    Posts: 9
    Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:37 am
    Location: San Francisco, CA
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Nightside ov Eden » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:29 am

    CharleneThrashes wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Congrats to any and all of you who try this or any other method to reduce or quite smoking. Hardest thing I ever had to quit and I HAD to quit drinking before I even stood a chance of getting of nicotine cuz I'd relapse on cigarettes EVERY time I drank. Crazy shit. I've worked in the addictions counseling field and have had the pleasure of helping others who've quit crystal meth, heroin and even methadone and I'd say 90% of them have sworn that quitting cigarettes is just as hard as those other substances. I don't think it causes the same kind of, sometimes deadly, withdrawal symptoms as those others but in terms of psychological dependence their insane. Doesn't help that there's still a pretty high degree of social acceptance around them too. Just the fact that 40% of yer buddies still do something 15 to 20 times per day can make it hard to convince your mind that it's a must quit scenario.

    Anyways, this PSA brought to you by CigSlayer!!! (almost 5 years clean from schmokin')

    Good luck all :D



    Congrats to ya. 3 years here, but I still dream of kissing those butts often, to this day. Guess the urge will never leave.

    Nightside :
    My friend has been on that "blue" cig for over a year now and it is great that she can get her fix and no smoke is involved.


    Hey thats awesome about your friend, my Boss used to be a pretty heavy smoker too, and has been for a long time, and he's was able to quit thanks to the E-cigs also!
    Cabin # 4565
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Captain Metal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 pm

    junkhead13 - Next job, future powerball/lottery winner!



    Oh, you too. Hopefully we'll both attain that position before we die :death:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by viathyn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:50 am

    I just graduated university with my geology degree. I start work at Petrominerales as a geologist in a couple weeks.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3858
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by TOM CRUISE » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:37 pm

    Captain Metal wrote:junkhead13 - Next job, future powerball/lottery winner!



    Oh, you too. Hopefully we'll both attain that position before we die :death:



    I have a power play for tonights 150 million dollar powerball draw. So it would be double if I hit. 300 million.

    Drinks would be on me.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 186
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 pm
    Location: KY
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by CharleneThrashes » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:27 am

    TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:junkhead13 - Next job, future powerball/lottery winner!



    Oh, you too. Hopefully we'll both attain that position before we die :death:



    I have a power play for tonights 150 million dollar powerball draw. So it would be double if I hit. 300 million.

    Drinks would be on me.


    Good luck to you! If you win, see your topic of preferred drinks so that you may order me a few please.

    70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3858
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by TOM CRUISE » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:18 am

    I did not win, so its back to the fucking job search thing. I was laid off with 12 others unexpected on my 1 year anniversary (March 30th). It was a coincidence that the pay period ended on that day as well and that was the day the lay offs occurred.

    But I am a fighting irishman (not into real fighting, just fighting for what I want/deserve and what is mine) and so I have been on 2 interviews last week and hopefully will hear back on Tuesday about the one I really want. It's researching missing information on criminal background checks. :)

    My old job gave me a HUGE severance package. One month of pay. Along with all my vacation I had banked and the hours worked. So I bought my airfare for Bergen, Norway for Hole in the Sky festival. Now I have to figure out what to say to my new employer if I do get a job.

    I have airfare, hotel and tickets for Maryland Deathfest next month. Fly out at 11:45pm on may 26th (my birthday) and so will need Thursday and Friday off. Monday is Memorial day (a holiday). And then at the end of August, its Norway for a week. I am just going to have to be honest with them and say I had pre arranged/purchased commitments for a long time now.

    One good thing about not working tomorrow is that I am going to Amon Amarth/Eluveitie/Holy Grail tonight with a friend who is a fellow journalist. He is shooting the show from the photo pit and interviewing Eluveitie and I am going to video the interview. But I feel like drinking tonight,so hopefully the video will be steady and not shaky. hahahaahah
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    Maddy77
    Crewman
    Posts: 51
    Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:02 am
    Location: Vienna now, of German origin (No! I don't want Hasselhoff) and one foot in The Netherlands :)
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Maddy77 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 am

    TOM CRUISE wrote: I am just going to have to be honest with them and say I had pre arranged/purchased commitments for a long time now.


    I used to be a job-hopper (get bored easily :? ), did it a few times this way and never had problems. I mean, you have something like this pre arranged that's just the way it is.

    I have a degree in anthropology but now work in one of the countries largest (and most conservative :death: ) law firms. Need metal to keep me sane after office hours. Certainly not the job of my dreams but at least it's mentally challenging.
    Headbanging on Deck 4
  • User avatar
    Psycho
    Crewman
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 am
    Location: Karkkila, Finland/Santana de Parnaíba, Brazil

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Psycho » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:58 pm

    Well... I'm still studying, but I'm always going from one job to another, just to afford my buyings
    I've already been a programmer, hairdresser, designer, writer(for a local newspaper, weekly short-stories), receptionist at a music college, party organizer, actress, and my band also gets me some change, every once in a while, among other weird working experiences... :cool:
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
  • User avatar
    MissMetal
    Oiler
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:58 am

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by MissMetal » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 am

    I'm a linux admin, myself.
  • User avatar
    Rizza
    Oiler
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:20 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Rizza » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:45 am

    Bank teller. I deal with more money than I will ever have in my life and sit in a chair all day. Real fun...
    Born to live forever more.

    #4057
  • User avatar
    Kittledags
    Oiler
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:32 pm
    Location: Bayonne, NJ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Kittledags » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:34 pm

    Rizza wrote:Bank teller. I deal with more money than I will ever have in my life and sit in a chair all day. Real fun...


    I want to sit in a chair all day.
    Last name Ever, first name Greatest
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Captain Metal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 pm

    I'm with ya there, as I'm standing most of the time at work. Pimpin' definitely ain't easy, especially on the feet :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    Kittledags
    Oiler
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:32 pm
    Location: Bayonne, NJ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Kittledags » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 am

    Captain Metal wrote:I'm with ya there, as I'm standing most of the time at work. Pimpin' definitely ain't easy, especially on the feet :lol:



    rofl rofl rofl
    Last name Ever, first name Greatest
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by vainglory » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:45 am

    My Job: ALL Corporate ALL The Time.

    I like to say I slay monkeys for a living...

    Yes, I wear a disguise to work.
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Captain Metal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:30 pm

    Is this disguise a gorilla costume? One would think so, in order to do your job more effectively.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by vainglory » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:19 pm

    Captain Metal wrote:Is this disguise a gorilla costume? One would think so, in order to do your job more effectively.


    No No its a monkey suit.
    yanno the kind grownups wear
    Think "Banker"
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Captain Metal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 pm

    I still think the gorilla costume would be more impressive to the execs, and if they don't like it, banana in the tailpipe :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11141
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:38 pm

    Isn't the gorilla costume just the grownup version of the monkey suit?

    Tailpipe or someplace more persuasive if they can't take a joke :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by vainglory » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:54 pm

    The Gorilla Suit involves a mask... the monkey suit not so much.
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:59 am

    I've done alot of things throughout the years and have settled into Accounting Manager for one of the largest Employee Leasing companies in AZ...I also do private bartending and party organizing as a way to make more money and get paid to basically throw other peoples party's!! Anything that has to do with organizing people and events...Im all about it! My dream of being a tour manager pretty much went out the door when I had children :o) :roll:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 10:00 am

    I work in the water industry (no, I am not the Culligan Man) I do downhole geophysics on water and environmental wells. (one of those strange jobs that no one knows exists) Working for a company called welenco for the past 13 years.

    My wife Nilay is a Petroleum engineer for Chevron, Part time fitness instructor, belly dancer and Ebay / web store entrepreneur. (she is a busy lady) see her here:

    http://theturkishbellydancer.com

    and her web store here:

    http://www.theturkishstore.com
    Last edited by Disaster Area on Wed May 12, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:04 am

    Disaster Area wrote:I work in the water industry (no, I am not the Culligan Man) I do downhole geophysics on water and environmental wells. (one of those strange jobs that no one knows exists) Working for a company called welenco for the past 13 years, soon to launch my own company.

    My wife Nilay is a Petroleum engineer for Chevron, Part time fitness instructor, belly dancer and Ebay / web store entrepreneur. (she is a busy lady) see her here:

    http://theturkishbellydancer.com

    and her web store here:

    http://www.theturkishstore.com


    NICE!!!!
    The wifey needs to bust out with some belly dancing lessons!! I've always wanted to try that! Im sure it is way harder than it looks!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 am

    debborah1 wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:I work in the water industry (no, I am not the Culligan Man) I do downhole geophysics on water and environmental wells. (one of those strange jobs that no one knows exists) Working for a company called welenco for the past 13 years, soon to launch my own company.

    My wife Nilay is a Petroleum engineer for Chevron, Part time fitness instructor, belly dancer and Ebay / web store entrepreneur. (she is a busy lady) see her here:

    http://theturkishbellydancer.com

    and her web store here:

    http://www.theturkishstore.com


    NICE!!!!
    The wifey needs to bust out with some belly dancing lessons!! I've always wanted to try that! Im sure it is way harder than it looks!


    She would LOVE it! I'll suggest it to her. Maybe she could reserve the conference room and do a class. Wonder if anyone else would be interested..? hello Tom Cruise... :headbanger: :beerwink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 am

    Disaster Area wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:I work in the water industry (no, I am not the Culligan Man) I do downhole geophysics on water and environmental wells. (one of those strange jobs that no one knows exists) Working for a company called welenco for the past 13 years, soon to launch my own company.

    My wife Nilay is a Petroleum engineer for Chevron, Part time fitness instructor, belly dancer and Ebay / web store entrepreneur. (she is a busy lady) see her here:

    http://theturkishbellydancer.com

    and her web store here:

    http://www.theturkishstore.com


    NICE!!!!
    The wifey needs to bust out with some belly dancing lessons!! I've always wanted to try that! Im sure it is way harder than it looks!


    She would LOVE it! I'll suggest it to her. Maybe she could reserve the conference room and do a class. Wonder if anyone else would be interested..? hello Tom Cruise... :headbanger: :beerwink:


    Oh Im sure I can't be the only one interested! It is always fascinating to watch...and very sexy too! (No wonder you snagged her up! Lucky guy!)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 am

    debborah1 wrote:
    Oh Im sure I can't be the only one interested! It is always fascinating to watch...and very sexy too! (No wonder you snagged her up! Lucky guy!)



    Why the hell am I always hearing how lucky I am..? I am worthy damnit!!!! :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:16 am

    Disaster Area wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:
    Oh Im sure I can't be the only one interested! It is always fascinating to watch...and very sexy too! (No wonder you snagged her up! Lucky guy!)



    Why the hell am I always hearing how lucky I am..? I am worthy damnit!!!! :cheers:


    ha haaaaa TOUCHE!!! Can't wait to meet the lovely couple!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 am
    Location: Hobe Sound, Florida
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by junkhead13 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 am

    Disaster Area wrote:
    Why the hell am I always hearing how lucky I am..? I am worthy damnit!!!! :cheers:


    hehe, reminds of the Seinfeld episode when George tells some lady in front of her husband that she could have done a lot better than him and she thinks about it and ends up breaking up with the dude. Classic Costanza.
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am

    junkhead13 wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:
    Why the hell am I always hearing how lucky I am..? I am worthy damnit!!!! :cheers:


    hehe, reminds of the Seinfeld episode when George tells some lady in front of her husband that she could have done a lot better than him and she thinks about it and ends up breaking up with the dude. Classic Costanza.


    OMG I remember that episode!...LOL classic for sure....you gotta love that shit
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    banana
    Oiler
    Posts: 17
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 9:10 am

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by banana » Wed May 12, 2010 3:45 pm

    I´m a trucker, driving all over europe. It sucks, never att home when it´s a good concert...
    #3013 Swedish drinking team!
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 3:50 pm

    @ debborah1 (you with no avatar...) So my wife is 100% up for teaching a bellydance class. We need to OK it with the organizers and Royal Carib of course. We will post something in another thread, probably the special activities aboard or girls rule, maybe both and see how much interest we get. She was thinking either a 1 hour class every day of the cruise or a 1one-time 2 hour thing. and a VERY minimal charge (she is after all a professional :D). She actually teaches a bellydance fitness class that is pretty challenging, so you could all learn a little dance and burn off some alcohol/buffet calories at the same time! We'll post something soon...

    again, her website is

    http://www.theturkishbellydancer.com
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Profession, aka how to afford your metal passion

    by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:59 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:@ debborah1 (you with no avatar...) So my wife is 100% up for teaching a bellydance class. We need to OK it with the organizers and Royal Carib of course. We will post something in another thread, probably the special activities aboard or girls rule, maybe both and see how much interest we get. She was thinking either a 1 hour class every day of the cruise or a 1one-time 2 hour thing. and a VERY minimal charge (she is after all a professional :D). She actually teaches a bellydance fitness class that is pretty challenging, so you could all learn a little dance and burn off some alcohol/buffet calories at the same time! We'll post something soon...

    again, her website is

    http://www.theturkishbellydancer.com


    HEY!!! Im working on the whole avatar thing!...lol...Im not very computer savvy when it comes to pictures!...
    I think that is an EXCELLENT idea!...
    FUN as well as a little excercise!
    I am all for it!
    Let the belly dancing commence!!
    Thankyou!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Post Reply 131 posts

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

    Jump to