Post Reply 4350 posts
FYI !!!
  • Metalwrath

Re: FYI !!!

by Metalwrath » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:34 am

gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Kind of cool that CNN are doing something on it, wonder how they'll portray us :?

Mindless, narrowminded, sexist, morons, only interested in music, getting drunk and having sex?

Sounds pretty accurate to me :lol:
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:34 am

I got the call as well, so I have decided to do some internet sleuthing on this Percy from CNN.

These are the results:

Percy Von Lipinski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJ3VH9K ... r_embedded

Still sleuthing, yet to formulate an opinion on the guy. He seems to specialize in odd news stories. I could very well have the wrong Percy but this was the only "Percy" that came up with "CNN" and... 70,000 tons definitely falls into the category of "odd" (also, "awesome").

For additional information, google.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am

Also:

"A “good news” reporter when on location, he chooses to focus only on a location's positively fascinating stories. He never covers politics. He would rather snuggle up with a friendly bison or descend down a waterfall! One thing is certain, wherever he travels: his natural gift of voice, his sense of humor and his tall stature ensure he gets noticed. It is really no surprise that Percy has fast become one of CNN’s most popular iReporters, especially when on foreign assignments. "
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 am

mooyagi wrote:Fox News is such a fucking embarassment. :roll: Granted so are CNN and MSNBC. I hate the media. ...:lol:

Fine, I'll call PBS and see if they are willing to come shoot some footage, they have a real knack for exciting coverage... :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 pm

gnoff wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:As long as they dont do it the way Fox News portrays The Netherlands.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8bc_ZyORbM

Fox News is such a fucking embarassment. :roll: Granted so are CNN and MSNBC. I hate the media. That being said, I wouldn't be totally opposed to this CNN Doc depending on what it is and how invasive it would be during the trip. :lol:

Actual documentary/non biased coverage would be sort of cool.

I just fear they'll try and make a Beavis & Butthead out of it.

"boobs, huh huh huh"

"yeah, yeah, and BEEEER! huh huh"

"huh huh, yeah, so cool"

So they've done their research by checking out the forum first? Huh. Fair enough :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:35 pm

me neither. the video camera is not kind to me.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 pm

WizardBeast wrote:me neither. the video camera is not kind to me.

Same here :?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:50 pm

we keep gettin' up into the 50+ users online stat, then dropping again... EVERYBODY come log in and stay in a bit so we can break the record with 60+
    Maybe then UMC will... well, probably still keep us waiting, but, whatever!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Samhain wrote:I got the call as well, so I have decided to do some internet sleuthing on this Percy from CNN.

These are the results:

Percy Von Lipinski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJ3VH9K ... r_embedded

Still sleuthing, yet to formulate an opinion on the guy. He seems to specialize in odd news stories. I could very well have the wrong Percy but this was the only "Percy" that came up with "CNN" and... 70,000 tons definitely falls into the category of "odd" (also, "awesome").

For additional information, google.

Well done Samhain and thanks! I would be interested in talking to him, but only for a few brief minutes and at my own terms. I don't want to be scheduled for anything other than bands and end up screwing him over if I'm late or too drunk or something. He seems like he's more interested in the fun aspect and the journey, so that said, I'd do it.
    :viking:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:22 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

I've been on video, but not TV....

:oops: :oops: :oops:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Samhain wrote:Also:

"A “good news” reporter when on location, he chooses to focus only on a location's positively fascinating stories. He never covers politics. He would rather snuggle up with a friendly bison or descend down a waterfall! One thing is certain, wherever he travels: his natural gift of voice, his sense of humor and his tall stature ensure he gets noticed. It is really no surprise that Percy has fast become one of CNN’s most popular iReporters, especially when on foreign assignments. "

Actually may be a fun guy to have onbroad. I wonder if he will stay the entire voyage
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Digimortal wrote:
    Samhain wrote:Also:

Actually may be a fun guy to have onbroad. I wonder if he will stay the entire voyage

OR?.......he may jump overbroad
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:44 pm

gnoff wrote:A tribute to DIO with among others

Rob Halford, Lemmy Kilmister, Dave Grohl, Ian Gillian, Glenn Hughes, Alice Cooper and Sebastian Bach

is in the making

You had me at Halford. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2012 - You never forget your first time. And MDB.
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2015 - Booked early, disappointing lineup.
    2016 - Awesome. Best lineup since Barge.
    2018 - Good lineup, great time.
    2021 - Hypocrisy or bust.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Yey! New record for most people on the forum at once. 60! Woo!

This calls for an announcement!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Yey! New record for most people on the forum at once. 60! Woo!

This has already been posted on another thread. your too slow
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Yey! New record for most people on the forum at once. 60! Woo!

haha
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:50 pm

record was broken again! 61!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:00 pm

This is already in 3 different threads :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:09 pm

gnoff wrote:Must stay online, must keep posting

Debb is on a (for these days) rare posting spree

She's only 100 posts or so behind me, I must keep the distance, I feel her creeping up my ... no, that's not right

WOW really?...I had no idea I fell so far behind the "post count" to be behind you!.......
    (nice view of the pink fuzzy back pack BTW)......

......ahhh well....its been a rough year no doubt!...
    but I must say...I sure do get alot more done here at work!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:record was broken again! 61!

I missed it :cry:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Can't believe no one commented on this :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

you just did :D
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:41 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

i missed that gold, thanks for the bump! :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

i missed that gold, thanks for the bump! :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:

:wank: :boobs: :wank: :boobs: :wank: :boobs:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 pm

so glad no ex's of mine have any wizardbeastiality videos!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:29 pm

WizardBeast wrote:so glad no ex's of mine have any wizardbeastiality videos!

Yeah, I'm pretty glad no Dildobox videos exist :shock: :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:35 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:so glad no ex's of mine have any wizardbeastiality videos!

Yeah, I'm pretty glad no Dildobox videos exist :shock: :lol:

Same with Mooyagicorn videos :shock:

Although I'm pretty sure a Mooyagicorn-Dildeauxbox WizardBeastiality video would break the internet by being too sexy :wank: :boobs: :boobs:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:44 pm

I don't think there is any video of the Humphrey Hump... but there're some instances in college I could be wrong about...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I don't think there is any video of the Humphrey Hump... but there're some instances in college I could be wrong about...

nick was only in college for a semester and i have heard about the pictures :wank: :wank: :wank:

it's a good thing for his reputation he didn't like college... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wank: :wank: :wank:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:51 am

Found where I had seen "DrinkMoxie" before. Evidently, @drinkmoxie is fairly popular with AOTS on G4. Saw a tweet (So Kevin, at what temperature do you have the interns serve your morning cup of lube at? #aots) on the Weekend Edition that aired on Friday at about 30 minutes in.

Saw the picture associated with that account, and it didn't look at all like our resident.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:47 pm

EvilDan wrote:Found where I had seen "DrinkMoxie" before. Evidently, @drinkmoxie is fairly popular with AOTS on G4. Saw a tweet (So Kevin, at what temperature do you have the interns serve your morning cup of lube at? #aots) on the Weekend Edition that aired on Friday at about 30 minutes in.

Saw the picture associated with that account, and it didn't look at all like our resident.

I've never really seen that show except for a few minutes here and there... but kudos to those people!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Found where I had seen "DrinkMoxie" before. Evidently, @drinkmoxie is fairly popular with AOTS on G4. Saw a tweet (So Kevin, at what temperature do you have the interns serve your morning cup of lube at? #aots) on the Weekend Edition that aired on Friday at about 30 minutes in.

I've never really seen that show except for a few minutes here and there... but kudos to those people!

Once I started here, I didn't think it was you. However, the tweet did give me pause. :lol: It could be our Mox. However, I remember other things that I've seen, and you are by far, the cooler DrinkMoxie! :cheers: Hope that's not taken the wrong way.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Someone crashed the boat that the Monsters Of Rock cruise is supposed to be on next month.

Tyr, I'm looking at you :lol:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Someone crashed the boat that the Monsters Of Rock cruise is supposed to be on next month.

It was the gods of metal laying their wrath upon the cruise for hosting electronic music
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Someone crashed the boat that the Monsters Of Rock cruise is supposed to be on next month.

Wow, I checked the monsters of rock cruise website (http://monstersofrockcruise.com) for the first time in a while and what the fuck?

They have merchandise available BEFORE they have sailed?

What the hell?

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Wow, I checked the monsters of rock cruise website (http://monstersofrockcruise.com) for the first time in a while and what the fuck?

They have merchandise available BEFORE they have sailed?

What the hell?

:P

Yeah, I checked their facebook page and they seem to actually post stuff every day! Whether it's just wishlists, countdowns, caption competitions etc.

:shock:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:01 pm

i want our cruise to be run like that as far as info and merch is concerned, THEIR BOAT SUCKS.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:04 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i want our cruise to be run like that as far as info and merch is concerned, THEIR BOAT SUCKS.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stop being so informative DAMMIT! :cry: :cry: :cry: You're making our cruise look bad :cry: :cry: :cry:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:i want our cruise to be run like that as far as info and merch is concerned, THEIR BOAT SUCKS.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stop being so informative DAMMIT! :cry: :cry: :cry: You're making our cruise look bad :cry: :cry: :cry:

Leave it to StatsMan to present us with the data we DON'T want to see. :shock:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

Leave it to StatsMan to present us with the data we DON'T want to see. :shock:

No need for statsman this time. They appear to be 100% more informative than UMC.

With all the bashing everyone gives them, you'd thing they would have changed something by now...
Post Reply 4350 posts