Post Reply 4350 posts
FYI !!!
    Laura
    Commander

Re: FYI !!!

by Laura » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:02 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Laura wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:But relationship wise I think I lean more towards the "guyish" side

not trying to purposely be contrary with you because I think you're an awesome young woman, and I value your opinion a great deal, but what do you mean by "guyish side?" I'm assuming you mean perhaps "not caring as much" but not sure. Outside of casual sex kinda relationships*, if you have a relationship that goes beyond one night and you like and/or love the person....what is this about "girlish" or "guyish" side? Doesn't anyone (guy or gal) simply want to be loved and appreciated?

*of which I personally am not ashamed to admit I had many before I "settled down" - I blame it on the free for all sex, drugs, & rock 'n roll 70s and early 80s.... and it was awesome while it lasted :lol: :twisted: :trashdrink: :smoking:

Well I wasn't talking about sex or wanting to be loved or appreciated. I think that is equal for each sex. I just meant that I'm not really too into all of the romantic gestures and details like that that are stereotypically considered girly. When I'm in a relationship I'm totally commited and care just as much as the other person. Personality wise I've just always hung out more with guys and done more "guy type" activies.

well - I think you've "muddied the water" a bit (in a good way ;) ). I think again it boils down to the problem of stereotyping - what one means by "romantic gestures?" - I mean - what does that really mean? - I don't think that is the sole avenue of men or women. It can mean SO many things*....I would suggest that NO ONE should limit themselves to what the stereotype of whatever is. People really need to get out of this male vs. female thing and just BE.

*a recent example personallly was a very beautiful book that was bought for me at Christmas
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:13 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Laura wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:But relationship wise I think I lean more towards the "guyish" side

not trying to purposely be contrary with you because I think you're an awesome young woman, and I value your opinion a great deal, but what do you mean by "guyish side?" I'm assuming you mean perhaps "not caring as much" but not sure. Outside of casual sex kinda relationships*, if you have a relationship that goes beyond one night and you like and/or love the person....what is this about "girlish" or "guyish" side? Doesn't anyone (guy or gal) simply want to be loved and appreciated?

*of which I personally am not ashamed to admit I had many before I "settled down" - I blame it on the free for all sex, drugs, & rock 'n roll 70s and early 80s.... and it was awesome while it lasted :lol: :twisted: :trashdrink: :smoking:

Well I wasn't talking about sex or wanting to be loved or appreciated. I think that is equal for each sex. I just meant that I'm not really too into all of the romantic gestures and details like that that are stereotypically considered girly. When I'm in a relationship I'm totally commited and care just as much as the other person. Personality wise I've just always hung out more with guys and done more "guy type" activies.

Well, it's nice to know that you are my kinda of woman.
    I know what you mean and what you are talking about. There are a lot of guys up here that really like a woman that like "guy type" of activities. We actually find it refreshing. :D
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 am

Laura wrote:I would suggest that NO ONE should limit themselves to what the stereotype of whatever is. People really need to get out of this male vs. female thing and just BE.

Cheers to that! People should just do what feels right for them, who cares if it's considered a feminine or masculine thing?!
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 am

gnoff wrote:This got way too serious for me :shock:

More :boobs: :lol:
    yay

Haha... but actually it's quite refreshing with a discussion for once, instead of all the yeah, nice and yay posts we've had in here in the last few weeks ;)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:43 am

Poor Gnoffi, I feel so sorry for you :lol:

And btw the best discussions oftern start from a totally retarded comment ;) :cheers:

Beer and bananas!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 am

MadameLePink wrote:Poor Gnoffi, I feel so sorry for you :lol:

And btw the best discussions oftern start from a totally retarded comment ;) :cheers:

totally! I remember that the "death by one's own hand thread" was provoked because of an odd spammer message that Rob picked up on.

Anyway....every so often, it's fun to shake things up around here a bit....we're an unusual, civil and silly lot here....which usually leads to something interesting. :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:18 am

gnoff wrote:well, for a halfassed attempt of being serious for a few minutes:
    No, I don't actually think all men are logical and not emotional and vice verse to the female side.

In more cases than not though, it seems women believe their pouint comes through in their arguments even though the man feels no clear point has been made.

And when it comes to communication, that probably is the biggest reasons for every relationship that has failed for me

Especially "the silent treatment" which is something I have VERY hard to accept, either tell me what's wrong or we're probably done

The silent treatment is an awful thing. I used it a lot when I was younger but fortunately I think I've grown out of it. But for me silent treatment = so angry that I can't even talk. My mum used to do it to me all the time while I grew up, so I guess I learned it from her and kept using it. Glad I stopped, as I am a much happier person now that I am able to tell when something is annoying or hurting me. Sometimes it's just hard to say how you feel and anger and silence are the easy way out.

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:23 am

gnoff wrote:if someone feels they need to "punish me" with silence instead of telling me what I've done, or what they think I have done, or whatever reason it is, then they're not the right person for me.

Guess if I ever go into a new relationship I should bring that up "hey do you ever use the silent treatment? You do? Well, it's been fun, but bye!"

Well, it's not always something people choose to do. Don't believe that to give the silent treament is less hurtful than to receive it, it's just a sign of insecurity and having someone run away because of it instead of trying to understand, doesn't really help. But I guess I could write a book about this :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 am

gnoff wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:
    gnoff wrote:if someone feels they need to "punish me" with silence instead of telling me what I've done, or what they think I have done, or whatever reason it is, then they're not the right person for me.

Guess if I ever go into a new relationship I should bring that up "hey do you ever use the silent treatment? You do? Well, it's been fun, but bye!"

Well, it's not always something people choose to do. Don't believe that to give the silent treament is less hurtful than to receive it, it's just a sign of insecurity and having someone run away because of it instead of trying to understand, doesn't really help. But I guess I could write a book about this :lol:

Please do so :lol:

I just know I won't take that sort of mental abuse from anyone again, if they do it's me or them out the door
    I'd much rather someone scream at me than do that shit

...hehe....and thats EXACTLY why they do it Gnoffi ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 am

Hmmmm.... I had to think about this a bit - have I ever given the silent treatment much or at all in any relationship?
    And I came to the resounding conclusion - no. Why?

Because I LOVE to talk - no matter what the subject!* If something is on my mind, I say it.

:lol:
    Seriously - even Margie kidded me on the cruise that I talk too much - when I relayed that to the family - they kinda chuckled and said "see?"

* suppose that should come as no surprise considering my often longwinded posts here! :beerwink:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

Laura wrote:Hmmmm.... I had to think about this a bit - have I ever given the silent treatment much or at all in any relationship?
    And I came to the resounding conclusion - no. Why?

Because I LOVE to talk - no matter what the subject!* If something is on my mind, I say it.

Seriously - even Margie kidded me on the cruise that I talk too much - when I relayed that to the family - they kinda chuckled and said "see?"

* suppose that should come as no surprise considering my often longwinded posts here! :beerwink:

you and i are very alike in this, i doubt i am even capable of the "silent treatment" and it rips me up inside when someone does it to me! even if nick doesn't talk a ton, he will always tell me when something is bothering him!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

gnoff wrote:"Too much" talk is less of a problem than not enough, at least I think so :beerwink:

agreed! :beerwink:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 am

gnoff wrote:"Too much" talk is less of a problem than not enough, at least I think so :beerwink:

Well, my family might disagree at times, :P :beerwink: but I definitely agree with you. Having said that, however, is not to slight what MadameLaura said.... because, I think I can picture and understand what she meant and how and why that can/does happen.

ok - I shut up now and get some work done.
    Last edited by Laura on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 am

Laura wrote:

Well, my family might disagree at times, :P :beerwink: but I definitely agree with you. Having said that, however, is not to slight what MadameLaura said.... because, I think I can picture and understand what she meant and how and why that can/does happen.

that's right. everyone has different mechanisms they use when backed into a corner or afraid to express themselves or just in doubt about what to do at all.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:38 am

:cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 am

Whoa. Shit got serious :lol:

The silent treatment can be pretty dumb by avoiding communication when something is wrong, although I think it can be effective in displaying anger in a much less volatile way than yelling at someone if there's a clear reason to both parties what has caused the anger. It should never be sustained though. The talking has to come in before long. In the end, it's much better to just talk about things. I like when relationships are more direct. No hints, no assuming the other party knows what's bothering the person, just talk about it. It's much healthier. If you're too afraid to discuss your problems with someone you probably shouldn't be in a relationship with that person.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:Whoa. Shit got serious :lol:

The silent treatment can be pretty dumb by avoiding communication when something is wrong, although I think it can be effective in displaying anger in a much less volatile way than yelling at someone if there's a clear reason to both parties what has caused the anger. It should never be sustained though. The talking has to come in before long. In the end, it's much better to just talk about things. I like when relationships are more direct. No hints, no assuming the other party knows what's bothering the person, just talk about it. It's much healthier. If you're too afraid to discuss your problems with someone you probably shouldn't be in a relationship with that person.

True. Just don't mistake brutal honesty for being open about your feelings :lol: :lol: . The major conundrum, of course is working up the courage to speak your mind without being brutally honest. When something has someone pissed off, sometimes it makes that person afraid of what he or she will say when the time finally comes to talk about it.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Laura wrote:well - I think you've "muddied the water" a bit (in a good way ;) ). I think again it boils down to the problem of stereotyping - what one means by "romantic gestures?" - I mean - what does that really mean? - I don't think that is the sole avenue of men or women. It can mean SO many things*....I would suggest that NO ONE should limit themselves to what the stereotype of whatever is. People really need to get out of this male vs. female thing and just BE.

*a recent example personallly was a very beautiful book that was bought for me at Christmas

Haha I do suck at explaining things a lot. Agreed ;)
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Michael D. wrote:Well, it's nice to know that you are my kinda of woman.
    I know what you mean and what you are talking about. There are a lot of guys up here that really like a woman that like "guy type" of activities. We actually find it refreshing. :D

Good to hear! :heavydrink:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm

gnoff wrote:I just know I never again need to be with anyone that treats me in a way that makes me feel bad, then it's done!

OK enough damn serious talk from me!

I'm out the opffice now to chek out an apartment, then home to a mate's place (he's a micro brewer, if he's home I might get beer yay, if it's only his wife I might not get beer, boo, hahaha)

It's good that you've gotten to the point where you won't take bullshit like that :D
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Agred. I've never been able to do silent treatment for prolonged periods, but if I'm really mad a lot of times I will just shut up and avoid talking to not lose my shit and say really hurtful things. Once I've calmed down then I can talk things out. I seldom have outbursts or yell.
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

Agred. I've never been able to do silent treatment for prolonged periods, but if I'm really mad a lot of times I will just shut up and avoid talking to not lose my shit and say really hurtful things. Once I've calmed down then I can talk things out. I seldom have outbursts or yell.

I learned how to do the silent treatment very well from a girl that I once knew. She taught me well but you really have to get me PO'd for that to happen.
    I have gone a good week or more without talking to the person when that person really PO'd me. Then when I start to speak back to the person that PO'd me, that person has usally talked first. I really don't like to get that upset. :cry:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 pm

My brother will do the silent treatment and hold grudges sometimes. It's dumb :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56 pm

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 pm

There's video. She looks pretty pissed :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B39cenrIQW0&feature=related
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Holy shit! how the hell can something so stupid happen? :lol:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:20 pm

So uh...marlo (vikingbitch) and jake (viathyn) are dating now. Thats fun...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Standing outside in the desert at night for two hours=lots of bug bites
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Standing outside in the desert at night for two hours=lots of bug bites

Should've stayed in the car playing with an iPad like I did :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Standing outside in the desert at night for two hours=lots of bug bites

But then who would have taken the photos? :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

You could've programed the remote shutter button ;)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:41 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Should've stayed in the car playing with an iPad like I did :lol:

That wouldn't move the tripod ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:But then who would have taken the photos? :lol:

Get a better tripod or hire one of "you people" to do it :P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:50 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Get a better tripod or hire one of "you people" to do it :P

I don't think they make mind reading tripods or "my people" :P
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:34 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Haha I do suck at explaining things a lot. Agreed ;)

no, I don't think you do - I think I was just especially loopy Thursday night - couldn't sleep, tired, odd mood and such.
    ;) :P :cheers:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:36 am

Stained Class wrote:So uh...marlo (vikingbitch) and jake (viathyn) are dating now. Thats fun...

:shock:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 am

Laura wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:So uh...marlo (vikingbitch) and jake (viathyn) are dating now. Thats fun...

:shock: :shock:

What did I miss?? Not that its any of my business, of course.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    Laura wrote:

:shock: :shock:

What did I miss?? Not that its any of my business, of course.

does seem like there must have been some fairly major event
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 am

not believing it....
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 am

Me neither........
Post Reply 4350 posts