Post Reply 4350 posts
FYI !!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: FYI !!!

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:08 am

Witchbear also am share bday on Paul...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 am

Hi everyone. A friend of mine just sent me this E-mail about his life. For the sake of privacy, I left his name out. It's about his attempts to date someone. It sounds kind of desperate to me, but I think I'm far too inexperienced to judge. What do you guys think?

"A funny thing happened at work. Two days ago I was using the copy machine and left the original paper on it. One of the young women named Jauna working nearby handed it to me a few minutes later saying that I left it there. I thanked her as she walked away and then noticed a sticky note attached with a phone number on it. I thought she was giving me her number and wanted me to ask her out. I left a note on her desk saying I would call her soon. The next day I called the number and it wasn't her number. I felt confused. I talked to her today and explained the misunderstanding. She said that she found the sticky note and thought it belonged on the paper I was copying. So I asked her out right there, because what the heck. She said she was seeing someone already. Oh well :)

There is another woman named Elisha who has been friendly to me lately. I'm going to talk to her more and may ask her out."

Lately, he's been a single guy who's on the hunt for a wife, and I think it's been hampering his judgment. Do any of you experts know what kind of advice I could give him in response to this E-mail?
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:43 pm

FYI

Guess who's back!!!
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:36 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:aaah

I've been hoping to visit Canada for about 3 weeks this summer, including visiting breweries if I can work it all out, but I might get an offer to work 7 weeks for a brewery.

Go do fun stuff that does help my CV, or do stuff that actually pay me money and potentially helps me out in getting me a job once school is finished.

Well I know the sensible option of course...

Both options include drinking beer. I don't see how you can lose with either choice.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:04 pm

sageoftruth wrote:Hi everyone. A friend of mine just sent me this E-mail about his life. For the sake of privacy, I left his name out. It's about his attempts to date someone. It sounds kind of desperate to me, but I think I'm far too inexperienced to judge. What do you guys think?

"A funny thing happened at work. Two days ago I was using the copy machine and left the original paper on it. One of the young women named Jauna working nearby handed it to me a few minutes later saying that I left it there. I thanked her as she walked away and then noticed a sticky note attached with a phone number on it. I thought she was giving me her number and wanted me to ask her out. I left a note on her desk saying I would call her soon. The next day I called the number and it wasn't her number. I felt confused. I talked to her today and explained the misunderstanding. She said that she found the sticky note and thought it belonged on the paper I was copying. So I asked her out right there, because what the heck. She said she was seeing someone already. Oh well :)

There is another woman named Elisha who has been friendly to me lately. I'm going to talk to her more and may ask her out."

Lately, he's been a single guy who's on the hunt for a wife, and I think it's been hampering his judgment. Do any of you experts know what kind of advice I could give him in response to this E-mail?

Sorry for late reply Sage. Just getting caught up on pages of neglected threads on a slow morning at home today.

Honestly, to me at least, there's nothing the least bit desperate or unhealthy sounding about what he wrote. Sounds like he had the confidence to pursue the first situation with curiosity but without any arrogance or over-exaggerated disappointment in response to her being unavailable. Then, simply stating that he's planning to ask out another woman after speaking more with her sounds completely normal and healthy too. If he's decided that he's ready for a serious relationship, the only way he's going to find one is to put himself out there, go on dates and try to sift through the ones who aren't right for him until he finds one of the ones who is. Miss Right certainly ain't gonna come knocking on his door if he sits home playing video games or doing jigsaw puzzles while listening to Swashbuckle ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:Hi everyone. A friend of mine just sent me this E-mail about his life. For the sake of privacy, I left his name out. It's about his attempts to date someone. It sounds kind of desperate to me, but I think I'm far too inexperienced to judge. What do you guys think?

Sorry for late reply Sage. Just getting caught up on pages of neglected threads on a slow morning at home today.

Honestly, to me at least, there's nothing the least bit desperate or unhealthy sounding about what he wrote. Sounds like he had the confidence to pursue the first situation with curiosity but without any arrogance or over-exaggerated disappointment in response to her being unavailable. Then, simply stating that he's planning to ask out another woman after speaking more with her sounds completely normal and healthy too. If he's decided that he's ready for a serious relationship, the only way he's going to find one is to put himself out there, go on dates and try to sift through the ones who aren't right for him until he finds one of the ones who is. Miss Right certainly ain't gonna come knocking on his door if he sits home playing video games or doing jigsaw puzzles while listening to Swashbuckle ;)

Thanks Shore. I figured I couldn't trust my own judgment on this one since I seem to have some sort of phobia for relationships (Don't want to cut into my time spent sitting at home playing video games and doing jigsaw puzzles while listening to Swashbuckle). :D

I guess I was mainly just worried because he's a real newbie to relationships. It didn't really show in his E-mail, but he's never struck me as particularly confident. Even around his friends, he often comes across as someone who thinks he can't be himself if he wants to be accepted by anyone, so the whole scenario was playing through my head in an awkward fashion. Anyway, I'll hope for the best.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:38 pm

I think that guy sounds quite healthy as well. Good for him for having some confidence! He'll not get into a relationship without it.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Interesting relationship/dating talk....our girls (freshman & sophomore in high school) have yet to start dating, have boyfriends & all that. I'm totally fine with that - they've got plenty of time. ;) I didn't starting dating until junior year, and not really seriously until senior year of high school. College (undergrad years) was/is kind of a blur - dated lots of different guys & a lot of different "types" if you will. In retrospect, that was one of the smartest things I ever did - I figured out what qualities were most important to me when seeking out a (future) long term (life-long) relationship. I met my (future) husband in Chicago after college via mutual college friends (we all being architecture grads, aka archinerds at times). :P That was 30 years ago this month - you have no idea what a surreal time warp I feel I'm in when I think about that. (I really can't believe it was that long ago.) :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 pm

sageoftruth wrote:I guess I was mainly just worried because he's a real newbie to relationships. It didn't really show in his E-mail, but he's never struck me as particularly confident. Even around his friends, he often comes across as someone who thinks he can't be himself if he wants to be accepted by anyone, so the whole scenario was playing through my head in an awkward fashion. Anyway, I'll hope for the best.

Yeah, on this aspect of it all, you and he would be far better judges of where things stand than I could possibly be as I have no context aside from what ya posted. All sounds fine on the surface but if he's the type who feels the need to wear masks or be something he's not in order to fit in etc, this could be a setup for problems as he might attract someone who is more into the facade/mask than who he really is. Not a problem with short term flings but highly problematic in the long run unless one is into playing pretend for years on end ;)

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:I guess I was mainly just worried because he's a real newbie to relationships. It didn't really show in his E-mail, but he's never struck me as particularly confident. Even around his friends, he often comes across as someone who thinks he can't be himself if he wants to be accepted by anyone, so the whole scenario was playing through my head in an awkward fashion. Anyway, I'll hope for the best.

Yeah, on this aspect of it all, you and he would be far better judges of where things stand than I could possibly be as I have no context aside from what ya posted. All sounds fine on the surface but if he's the type who feels the need to wear masks or be something he's not in order to fit in etc, this could be a setup for problems as he might attract someone who is more into the facade/mask than who he really is. Not a problem with short term flings but highly problematic in the long run unless one is into playing pretend for years on end ;)

Yeah. Anyway, it looks like i'm straying from the subject of his E-mail. I'm planning to eventually address the issues regarding his true self, but for now, at least the above scenario isn't raising any alarms for anyone.

While we're on the subject of him, how do you feel about the idea of seeking marriage before you've found someone you love?
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 am

sageoftruth wrote:While we're on the subject of him, how do you feel about the idea of seeking marriage before you've found someone you love?

Not sure I understand this question completely. Sounds like putting the proverbial "cart before the horse." How can there be one without the other?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 am

Laura wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:While we're on the subject of him, how do you feel about the idea of seeking marriage before you've found someone you love?

Not sure I understand this question completely. Sounds like putting the proverbial "cart before the horse." How can there be one without the other?

Essentially, that's what my friend wants. He wants to be married, but he hasn't fallen in love with anyone.

Blows my mind really. At times I've thought that having a significant other would at least be good for me in the long run, but I've never really longed to have one. My friend on the other hand wants to go even further and tie the knot with [insert wife here].
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    Laura wrote:

Essentially, that's what my friend wants. He wants to be married, but he hasn't fallen in love with anyone.

Blows my mind really. At times I've thought that having a significant other would at least be good for me in the long run, but I've never really longed to have one. My friend on the other hand wants to go even further and tie the knot with [insert wife here].

I think most of us are raised to think that a "successful" life means having a job, a marriage, and kids. I find this awful, since most people shouldn't have kids and a lot of people are not ready for a commitment as big as marriage...
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:43 am

^^^ Sage, actually, I don't think there is anything wrong with a person (in this case your friend) having the desire to be married, or at the very least, desire to have a significant other with whom to walk & share the long & winding road of life. It seems that's a pretty common goal (if you will) for many people. I guess it depends on how fixated one becomes on that idea (for example, at the expense of one's sense of "self") and/or how that "focused on marriage" mindset might affect dating relationships.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:37 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    Laura wrote:Not sure I understand this question completely. Sounds like putting the proverbial "cart before the horse." How can there be one without the other?

I think most of us are raised to think that a "successful" life means having a job, a marriage, and kids. I find this awful, since most people shouldn't have kids and a lot of people are not ready for a commitment as big as marriage...

Agreed
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 am

Laura wrote:^^^ Sage, actually, I don't think there is anything wrong with a person (in this case your friend) having the desire to be married, or at the very least, desire to have a significant other with whom to walk & share the long & winding road of life. It seems that's a pretty common goal (if you will) for many people. I guess it depends on how fixated one becomes on that idea (for example, at the expense of one's sense of "self") and/or how that "focused on marriage" mindset might affect dating relationships.

I agree. As long as he keeps a level head while going about it. My concern is twofold. First, I think that ironically, his desire to get married would interfere with getting a girlfriend. After all, who wants to be nothing more than someone's ticket to marriage? Second, I fear that it would make him lower his standards too much since his goal is to have someone to marry rather than to have someone with whom he's compatible. With his low self-confidence, I'm worried that he'll settle for anyone who won't reject him.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 am

^^^ thanks sage for your thoughtful reply. I guess what I'm wondering at this point is if this friend of yours has some unrealistic expectations about what marriage is.... a la... "If only I was married, then I would be "happy" or "confident" or "complete." That's not to say that one can not be happy & complete when married (hopefully that is true!) - but I have come to the strong belief & conclusion that happiness (contentment) has to first & foremost come from within. In other words, one should not assume that another person (spouse, boyfriend, whatever) can create a constant or frequent state happiness for you. Again, I'm thinking of the type of person who might say to themselves "oh, if only, I'd have this or that, then I'd be happy. Maybe I'm just rambling now - hope that makes sense.

Now, having said all that, I personally can not imagine my life without marriage (and children) and having that someone (as I said earlier) "with whom to walk & share the long & winding road of life." However, we remain strong individuals (who are both stubborn, highly opinionated & fiercely independent at times.. :lol: ) but, somehow it all works out and I wouldn't change the last 25 years for anything.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:31 am

Laura wrote:^^^ thanks sage for your thoughtful reply. I guess what I'm wondering at this point is if this friend of yours has some unrealistic expectations about what marriage is.... a la... "If only I was married, then I would be "happy" or "confident" or "complete." That's not to say that one can not be happy & complete when married (hopefully that is true!) - but I have come to the strong belief & conclusion that happiness (contentment) has to first & foremost come from within. In other words, one should not assume that another person (spouse, boyfriend, whatever) can create a constant or frequent state happiness for you. Again, I'm thinking of the type of person who might say to themselves "oh, if only, I'd have this or that, then I'd be happy. Maybe I'm just rambling now - hope that makes sense.

Now, having said all that, I personally can not imagine my life without marriage (and children) and having that someone (as I said earlier) "with whom to walk & share the long & winding road of life." However, we remain strong individuals (who are both stubborn, highly opinionated & fiercely independent at times.. :lol: ) but, somehow it all works out and I wouldn't change the last 25 years for anything.

I know what you mean. Happiness is a state of mind, and people weren't designed to be eternally happy. It sounds like you also took a few pages from a book I read once that was about self-sufficiency and not thinking that you need someone else to save you. It was called "Solemate". I wonder if they spelled it right.
    http://www.amazon.com/Solemate-Master-Aloneness-Transform-Your/dp/1401921442
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Apparently a dog was recently saved from death by getting drunk out of his mind.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... runkenness
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:31 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I had a big part of my beard cut off today.
    But for the first time in many many years I opted for not shaving it all off but getting it done a whole lot shorter instead.

I guess I will see it with next drunk pic you text me. ;)
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:29 am

i only have to type in 70 to get the website :headbanger:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:03 am

just for the record....THRASH RULES!!!!!! :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:28 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote: I got wet and it was not enough room to srand up inside.

That's what she said!
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Speedy wrote:

That's what she said!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:01 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

That's what she said!

But I'm the one crawling in, so must be what HE said!

Also I banged my finger on the outside of a hole today, now it is all blue...
    (yes, I intend on keeping it coming...)

Brewing problems... :beerwink:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:13 pm

I just saw Book of Mormon last weekend. It was very funny and I can't stop re-watching the songs on youtube.

Somehow, it gave me an idea for this funny short skit where some door-to-door religious missionary shows up at a door and the resident eagerly welcomes him inside. The missionary is eager to share the grace of God with this friendly host, but doesn't realize that the host is so happy to see him because he's a Freudian psychoanalyst who wants to study the missionary's mindset.
    As they begin, the missionary is trying to explain why the psychoanalyst should embrace the heavenly father, but the psychoanalyst keeps responding to everything the missionary says with scribbles in his notepad, quiet utterances of "fascinating", or "just as I imagined", seemingly unrelated questions about the missionary, like "how did your father treat you as a child?", and frequent offensive inductions about the missionary's mental state based on what he's been saying so far.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:14 pm

sageoftruth wrote:I just saw Book of Mormon last weekend. It was very funny and I can't stop re-watching the songs on youtube.

Somehow, it gave me an idea for this funny short skit where some door-to-door religious missionary shows up at a door and the resident eagerly welcomes him inside. The missionary is eager to share the grace of God with this friendly host, but doesn't realize that the host is so happy to see him because he's a Freudian psychoanalyst who wants to study the missionary's mindset.
    As they begin, the missionary is trying to explain why the psychoanalyst should embrace the heavenly father, but the psychoanalyst keeps responding to everything the missionary says with scribbles in his notepad, quiet utterances of "fascinating", or "just as I imagined", seemingly unrelated questions about the missionary, like "how did your father treat you as a child?", and frequent offensive inductions about the missionary's mental state based on what he's been saying so far.

Love it! Write it! :headbanger:

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:I just saw Book of Mormon last weekend. It was very funny and I can't stop re-watching the songs on youtube.

Love it! Write it! :headbanger:

Will do.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:26 pm

This one might belong in the Politics thread, but I'd rather not awaken that beast. I just read in the Economist about how Canada has some program to ensure that enough of the shows on its TV channels are adequately Canadian. According to the article, at least 35% of them need some Canadian cultural seal of approval.

Just curious. What are they so afraid of?
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 pm

They want to promote local shows, and not being "invaded" by foreign shows. The result is that I torrent the shows I want to listen, aka Agents of Shields, Game of Thrones, Vikings, The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, etc...

It's the same thing with radio in Quebec, they require a certain percentage to be in french.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:01 pm

MikeB wrote:They want to promote local shows, and not being "invaded" by foreign shows. The result is that I torrent the shows I want to listen, aka Agents of Shields, Game of Thrones, Vikings, The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, etc...

It's the same thing with radio in Quebec, they require a certain percentage to be in french.

Wow! Fast response. Thanks. I was trying to work out the reasoning behind it.

The article was about the struggle between the Adult Movie Channel and the CRTC. Finding that in the Economist by itself was pretty strange, but it got even better when the title of the article was "Don't Screw With Them" and was accompanied by a picture of a street sign pointing towards Dildo (although that was where the filming was taking place). :lol: A very out-of-character moment for that magazine.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:37 pm

sageoftruth wrote:This one might belong in the Politics thread, but I'd rather not awaken that beast.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So true.

--
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:28 am

"Every bass player is just a failed guitar player" - Jeff Walker.

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2014 ... arcass.php
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:03 am

Tonight's concert venue in Hamburg is called 'Bambi Galore'. Is it just me or dies that sound more like a brothel than a concert venue?
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Fyi
    Story telling is going great.
    Since last year i'm telling germanic and nirse myths and sagas
    I'm curious where this will lead my.
    Would be cool to tell stories on the beach :-)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Conrad wrote:"Every bass player is just a failed guitar player" - Jeff Walker.

Hahaha people went nuts about this on facebook... he's totally trolling for publicity.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am

EpidemicReign wrote:
    Conrad wrote:"Every bass player is just a failed guitar player" - Jeff Walker.

Hahaha people went nuts about this on facebook... he's totally trolling for publicity.

That's true, but negative publicity that makes yourself appear like a failure won't do you any good. Makes me really want to go out and buy all their records, and I'll be the first in line when they tour here :roll:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:44 pm

I'd really appreciate it if any of you would take just a sec to help my friend try to win some Iced Earth tickets... all you have to do is go to the link below and "like" Serena Solomon's comment.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-age- ... 65?fref=nf
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:49 pm

EpidemicReign wrote:I'd really appreciate it if any of you would take just a sec to help my friend try to win some Iced Earth tickets... all you have to do is go to the link below and "like" Serena Solomon's comment.

Thanks in advance!

Done

EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    EpidemicReign wrote:I'd really appreciate it if any of you would take just a sec to help my friend try to win some Iced Earth tickets... all you have to do is go to the link below and "like" Serena Solomon's comment.

Thanks in advance!

Done

Awesome, thank you!
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
Post Reply 4350 posts