Post Reply 9104 posts
random rejoicing thread
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: random rejoicing thread

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:04 pm

sageoftruth wrote:I think I've been away from the younger generation for too long and have started to become a grumpy old man.

Ummm, started? You've been a grumpy old man as long as I've known you :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:03 am

I'm one of 30 that get to join Jaded Star on stage at MFVF this Saturday :bangers:
    Jaded Star wrote:Hello,
    Thank you for taking part at the Join Jaded Star On Stage Contest!
    You are one of the 30 friends joining the band on stage for the song
    "Wake up" where all winners will rock MFVF as never before.
    During the show Maxi will call the winners one song before they join the stage.
    Please print the attached file(even in black and white only) and have it with you for your entrance
    to the stage.
    Rik Boersema (Jaded Star's tourmanager) will be waiting for you at the front of the right side of the stage (as you look at the stage)

Looking forward to see you!
    Best,
    The Jaded Star Team
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 am

Kitchens are back! :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 am

mooyagi wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:I think I've been away from the younger generation for too long and have started to become a grumpy old man.

Ummm, started? You've been a grumpy old man as long as I've known you :lol:

Shut yer trap, darn whippersnapper!
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:17 am

*shakes fist in the air*
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:32 am

I purchased my Mayhem/Watain ticket for the Los Angeles show January 31,and I guess the guy took so long to print it out and hand it to the cashier he didnt charge me the service fees and gave me an additional 5 dollars off! :D
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Beetlejuice & Gremlins at the Drive In tonight... SO much yes!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm

I have a drummer! Finally I can actually start a band and do band things like play shows and record music! :shred:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Drank about 1/2 a gallon of Jack Daniels tonight and am playing some old Bathory covers on guitar. Yes, I am truly in my element.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
    Ladysarah
    Oiler

by Ladysarah » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Stained Class wrote:Out of debt as of a couple minutes ago and moving to Vancouver tomorrow to start my new life!

That's awesome! Congrats!!
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:01 am

Stained Class wrote:I have a drummer! Finally I can actually start a band and do band things like play shows and record music! :shred:

Will we see you playing in 70K 2016? :headbanger:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:04 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I have a drummer! Finally I can actually start a band and do band things like play shows and record music! :shred:

I would like nothing more. That depends on a lot of things though so I think it's safe to say no :oops:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:28 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:

I would like nothing more. That depends on a lot of things though so I think it's safe to say no :oops:

Just remind me of adding your band to the "What bands can be ruled out for 2016?" thread :lol:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:49 am

Stained Class wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Thanks guys! It's a little bittersweet cus I'm super excited about it but I'm also nervous as fuck! I'll be excited when I get a job :lol:

Are you moving without a job, then? Were you the one saying before that you'd soon quit and move? *too lazy to read up the thread*

I'll totally be cheering for you, if that's the case. I really, really want to do the same thing, though to a US city. The roommate is giving up the apartment in May (and fuck, there's MDF that month), so I have to either get a relocation offer by then or just leave without an offer yet. Scary and exciting stuff. :shock:

What kind of job are you trying to get?

Yep, I'm unemployed for the moment. I work in GIS/spatial databses/autocad drafting but I decided I never want to work in an office again so hopefully I can make things work playing music (cover bands) and teaching guitar and the like. I'll probably get something to get by in the mean time, I've had a couple things come up already that will hopefully turn into work, one painting and one driving for a moving company. I managed to sell my car and pay off my debt so I'm ok for the time being. I'm so stoked that I actually finally made the plunge and hit the reset button on my life!

So, my move was kind of a shit show. We had an open back truck and an open trailer and I just tarped over my stuff so a few things got a little wet in the rain on the drive out. On the highway coming down the hill from Kamloops towards Vancouver there was some icy rain and a semi decided to pull out in front of us at the worst section of the downhill going half our speed. Luckily the truck we were in is in really good shape and made for moves like this so we managed to avoid rear ending a semi. :lol: But then when I got here I looked in my room upstairs and the old guy hadn't moved out yet so for 2 days I just kinda moved my stuff into the living room and slept on the couch for 2 days until he finally moved his shit out and only today I finally got all unpacked and settled in, can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight! I guess this paragraph sounds like a bitch but I say it's a rejoice because this whole adventure started off interesting but I managed to actually make it work! The only thing that got damaged in the trip out was some magic cards, but not any important ones, and some cds and their booklets got a little wet but they still work.

NuuX wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Oh and Nuux, don't worry, I'll NEVER cheer for the Canucks!

That's a beer worthy statement if I ever read one. But don't think you'll ever get it from me - I promised so much beer (mostly to hockeyagis) but sadly no one claimed it on any of the cruise so far /foreverdrinkingalone

What Moogs said, if I find you on the ship I'll mention it ;)

Just read your whole story. Congrats, it takes balls to do what you've done, but hey, follow your dreams! Good luck man!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks! :mrgreen: that whole making it as a musician thing definitely didn't happen, probably would have had an easier time doing that in calgary since everyone in calgary has piles of money lying around. Looking for an office job that can fund my love of music like most adults in bands do I suppose.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:05 am

I accidentally deleted the phone app on my phone. :D

It's a good thing the Jolla (and the Sailfish OS) comes with built-in developer mode, so I could reinstall it using terminal with root access. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I accidentally deleted the phone app on my phone. :D

It's a good thing the Jolla (and the Sailfish OS) comes with built-in developer mode, so I could reinstall it using terminal with root access. :beerwink:

Nerd!

Thanks! :lol:
    Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:19 am

Hahaha
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:36 pm

"Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:25 am

Wohoo, two days to Eindhoven Metal Meeting! And the next week there's Blues Pills gig in Helsinki!
    And I just bought tickets for Anneke&Arjen Lucassen gig in Helsinki in February!
    Wishlist:
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:00 pm

After two weeks of intense study and about 8 months of working towards it, I finally passed my PADI Instructor Exam last weekend! One more week for the paperwork to be sorted out and my certificacion being official though. (red shirt on the right, with my mentor in yellow, awesome diver)

70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:36 am

Memnoch wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:

Nerd!

Thanks! :lol:

You're among friends :mrgreen:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Upgrade from the bowels of Deck 7 to the Enlightenment of Deck 9..

:P
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Just had Lasik eye surgery yesterday. Very happy I didn't got blind. I have had perfect vision 6h after the surgery.
    No need to wear glasses anymore and loose them in the pit !
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 pm

MikeB wrote:Just had Lasik eye surgery yesterday. Very happy I didn't got blind. I have had perfect vision 6h after the surgery.

I had that done a couple of years ago, it's weird at first, you'll find yourself adjusting your non-existent glasses every now and then and trying to take them off before going to sleep. But it's definitely great not deppending on them anymore. I still wear sunglasses a lot of the time tho.

Make sure you follow up on the eye drops for a speedy recovery. Cheers!
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:27 pm

MikeB wrote:Just had Lasik eye surgery yesterday. Very happy I didn't got blind. I have had perfect vision 6h after the surgery.

I debated Lasik/PRK for a bit before my optician recommended against. He had another patient come in recently that had it done a couple years ago that now needs glasses again... word of warning against hoping it to be an end to corrective lenses forever.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:46 pm

klons wrote:

I debated Lasik/PRK for a bit before my optician recommended against. He had another patient come in recently that had it done a couple years ago that now needs glasses again... word of warning against hoping it to be an end to corrective lenses forever.

As I understand it, it's not for everyone. My doctor didn't give me the green light to commit to it until a couple of years passed without change in my prescription and a topographic eye survey supported that I was a candidate. She mentioned some doctors will just go ahead with any patient regardless of this and that most commonly results in the correction being permanent.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 pm

My eyes prescriptions didn't change for 7-8 years. They did a lot of testing to make sure I was a good candidate. They also told me that I might need glasses to read when I'll be 40ish. I wore glasses for the last 18 years of my life and I'm just happy to finally get rid of them. So much trouble to keep them on my head and not on the floor during show. I broke at least 5 glasses during shows, and I was scared to break them again on the cruise, that would have ruin a lot of the fun.

And yeah, I follow the indications for the drops to the letter like my eyes depends on it. I'm also tried to adjust my glasses a couple time today, even if I don't wore them.
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:10 am

I also did it on the 29th September :D No glasses anymore and I am now perfectly happy, even if to read the small characters isn't perfect yet.

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Life is so much better without glasses. No more frosted lens when I come back inside, no need to clean them twice a day. The best part is trying to find them when I wake up, and then smile when I remember I don't need that anymore.
    I still see a little halo around lights, and that's perfectly normal. I will take a test next week but to me, I already have a 20/20 vision, except for very close things, I got some hyperopia but that's normal and should clear up within a few weeks.
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:27 am

This doesn't go into the fitness thread because I'm still pretty fat, but I'm ending this year about 15 pounds lighter than when I entered.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:36 am

I say if that's not fitness thread worthy I don't know what is. Nicely done man!
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Finally we have a proper winter. There's plenty of snow and the temperature is around 0F (-18 degrees Celsius).

:party:
    Wishlist:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Survived Christmas( only went to work 1 day of the 4 we were closed--anyone that knows me, that is unbelievable)

Next, New Years Eve World Junior Hockey Canada vs USA, then a metal gig
    Striker, Order of Chaos, Death Toll Rising, Riot City

Even better is VikingBitch and BloodyCanadian are driving North into the Canadian Tundra --and got a hotel room next to the venue

:pound:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Ulrika is flying to Helsinki tonight for NYE!

:party: :party: :party:
    Wishlist:
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:59 am

CountArioch wrote:This doesn't go into the fitness thread because I'm still pretty fat, but I'm ending this year about 15 pounds lighter than when I entered.

That's fantastic mate. Progress is progress, this isn't The Biggest Loser
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:49 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Survived Christmas( only went to work 1 day of the 4 we were closed--anyone that knows me, that is unbelievable)

Next, New Years Eve World Junior Hockey Canada vs USA, then a metal gig
    Striker, Order of Chaos, Death Toll Rising, Riot City

Even better is VikingBitch and BloodyCanadian are driving North into the Canadian Tundra --and got a hotel room next to the venue

:pound:

Striker needs to stop playing the same night as Burning Effigy. I can't miss the New Year's Punk vs Metal show! :smash:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:46 am

REJOICING!!!....
    That I will see all of you crazy hairy MF's again!!!
    Bring it on!! :wank:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:51 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Ulrika is flying to Helsinki tonight for NYE!

:party: :party: :party:

Give her a hug!

Will do. An awkwardly long hug that us Finns love so much. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:54 am

^^^^I want one of those hugs! ;) :cool:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
Post Reply 9104 posts