Post Reply 9100 posts
random rejoicing thread
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: random rejoicing thread

by WizardBeast » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 am

Amandroid wrote:
    Very cool! I'm a sucker for new kitchen stuff too. I've been eyeing that stupid Slap Chop thing for a while and always get caught up when the blasted infomercial comes on, but just because it looks like so much fun on the commercial. I think of all the salsas that I could be making and the brain goes off to Kitchen Lala Land somewhere. :D

oh yeah i want one too, i use walnuts a lot in cooking and it takes a while to chop them all by hand!!! slap! slap! chop! chop!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:52 am

Amandroid wrote:
    Good deal! Didn't you feel so "mature" and "adult" after you wrote that? ;)
    I find it happening to me more and more... hah, oh, the days when I didn't have anything else besides hobbies, school and a cat to talk about. But soon, we will also have the METAL CRUISE ITSELF to talk about as well! :cheers:

Yeah, after re-reading that I see I sounded like an accountant. But the end result is more $$$, and that's metal!

Regarding the slap chop, I thought about getting one for Amanda but after Vince Schlomi beat up that hooker, I found that I could not trust the guy anymore. That, and the sham wow sucks.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:53 am

I am in the best fucking mood right now. I checked for an announcement right before i went to bed last night and saw the triple announcement, awesome. When I finally got to sleep I had the most epically awesome and vivid dream of my life. I was at a concert that had a whole bunch of bands playing one song each. I remember Black Sabbath (War Pigs) ACDC (Back in Black) Joe Satriani (Summer Song) and Iron Maiden (Number Of The Beast). During Satriani's song he came out into the crowd while he was playing. During Iron Maiden I managed to fight my way up to the front row. The encore was going to be Judas Priest and then Black Sabbath, but I woke up during the encore break and I was like noooo I want to see Judas Priest but thats fine I saw them open for Ozzy once and I'm going to Wacken. I was with a couple of good buddies of mine that I go to lots of concerts with. It was seriously just the best dream anyone has ever had.

Oh, and I'm going on this trip in 6 days, should be fun. How the fuck am I going to get any work done this week?
    :deathmetal: :metalguy: :headbanger: :death: :shred: :viking: <- count em, 6.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:35 am

Stained Class wrote: Oh, and I'm going on this trip in 6 days, should be fun. How the fuck am I going to get any work done this week?
    :deathmetal: :metalguy: :headbanger: :death: :shred: :viking: <- count em, 6.

That's the opposite of an anxiety dream if I've ever heard one! :D

As for work..... No suggestions here. I've been at work since 9:30 this morning and haven't been able to concentrate at all. ACK! Thursday's my last day. Come on Friday, and LEAVING!!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:42 pm

REJOICE!

I just realised I get paid 17.5% leave loading while I'm on holidays!

I get paid MORE, for NOT going to work - man I love that!! :party:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am

junkhead13 wrote:
    Amandroid wrote:
    Good deal! Didn't you feel so "mature" and "adult" after you wrote that? ;)
    I find it happening to me more and more... hah, oh, the days when I didn't have anything else besides hobbies, school and a cat to talk about. But soon, we will also have the METAL CRUISE ITSELF to talk about as well! :cheers:

Yeah, after re-reading that I see I sounded like an accountant. But the end result is more $$$, and that's metal!

Regarding the slap chop, I thought about getting one for Amanda but after Vince Schlomi beat up that hooker, I found that I could not trust the guy anymore. That, and the sham wow sucks.

Hah, and of course, that is why I haven't got one for myself yet either! hahah, can't help line the pockets of those cocky hooker beaters. And I did remember how unimpressed we were with the Sham Wows. There are enough other ingenious peeps out there making kitchen stuff for me to drool over. Also, I really think I already have something very similar. I just have lost it somewhere in the house. I saw it once or twice since we moved, but I guess I have to do some serious searching for it now. And it makes whipped cream too. I don't think Slap Chop can do that. :lol:
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:19 am

rejoice for the day:

We have all of our travel stuff now, I think. Over the weekend, I went and got all the little travel items that I think the man and I will need for the cabin and then some. So now it's just T-3 and counting for us to get packed. I don't think I have to go to the store ONE MORE TIME for ANYTHING. That's something to rejoice about. :cheers:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:11 pm

TWO MORE HOURS OF WORK LEFT!!

Must........ Concentrate.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:23 pm

still one day ahead of me...and then I'm off!
    actually, in 12h I'll already be on the tennis court from where I'll go directly to Zurich :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 pm

My first day of almost 3 weeks off work!!

Leaving home in about 16 hours to drive to the airport!

MEGA REJOICE!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 pm

1 day of work left ... then packing and last minute run-arounds, to get this done .............. can't wait to meet everyone and listen to some awesome music and just get the fuck out of Dodge for some r-n-r (rest and relaxation or rock -n- roll if you prefer lol) :cheers: :givebeer:

see ya in Miami :shred:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:06 am

My office work is done, but I'm on a campany event at the beach working a bit.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:32 am

Super excited about cruise (duh!) :headbanger:
    Less than 2 more days of work :D
    Found out this morning that the mighty Agalloch is coming to my town in March! :D
    Started packing yesterday....
    and last but not least, did a little shopping yesterday and bought a pair of Demonia boot sandals! :D (psssst to Debb, Rachael, and Zeena - putting a picture here rather than the "attire" thread on the Bridge forum ;) )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 am

those look totally kick-ass Laura ....... :beerhorns:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 am

DragonLordJones wrote:1 day of work left ... then packing and last minute run-arounds, to get this done .............. can't wait to meet everyone and listen to some awesome music and just get the fuck out of Dodge for some r-n-r (rest and relaxation or rock -n- roll if you prefer lol) :cheers: :givebeer:

see ya in Miami :shred:

WOoooo Hoooo see you there!!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 am

i really like these boots (not too crazy about the platform aspect though) but alas no time to order
    :cheers:
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:59 am

DragonLordJones wrote:i really like these boots (not too crazy about the platform aspect though) but alas no time to order
    :cheers:

WOW ! Those are SO cool ! But I agree with you , the platform could have been designed a little bit differently ...but you can order them for the next cruise :beerwink:

Where did you find them btw ?
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:04 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Super excited about cruise (duh!) :headbanger:
    Less than 2 more days of work :D
    Found out this morning that the mighty Agalloch is coming to my town in March! :D
    Started packing yesterday....
    and last but not least, did a little shopping yesterday and bought a pair of Demonia boot sandals! :D (psssst to Debb, Rachael, and Zeena - putting a picture here rather than the "attire" thread on the Bridge forum ;) )

Yepp ! BIG APPROVAL !! Now you make me looking for boots, and I have sooo much to do before lift-off tomorrow ! I think I must open a bootshop, then I can have ALL the cool boots :beerwink:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 pm

I will be doing a trade of my Mesa Boogie roadster for a Bogner Uberschall after work. A kick ass trade.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 pm

wildchild wrote: WOW ! Those are SO cool ! But I agree with you , the platform could have been designed a little bit differently ...but you can order them for the next cruise :beerwink:

Where did you find them btw ?

found 'em on amazon ... they are Pleaser boots, they have quite a few awesome styles, really didn't look at the womens
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks for the comments on the new addition to my boot collection, Jim and Zeena! :cheers: I got them here http://thealley.com/ - a store I've been going to since the 80's - lots of cool stuff in there! Has a big piercing and tattoo area too - as I've said, I have no tattoos, but I did get my nose pierced there about a year ago. :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:47 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Thanks for the comments on the new addition to my boot collection, Jim and Zeena! :cheers: I got them here http://thealley.com/ - a store I've been going to since the 80's - lots of cool stuff in there! Has a big piercing and tattoo area too - as I've said, I have no tattoos, but I did get my nose pierced there about a year ago. :cheers:

Damnit, they didn't have any mens leather pants. Know any good places for mens boot cut leather pants?
    Cabin # 6072
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Random rejoice? I'm done with work 'till my return and this adventure starts in the morning! Shit! Gotta pack!!!
    :D
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Meet mr. boner...er Bogner

Cabin # 6072
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Does Uberschall mean Uber Loud!!???? :shred: :shred:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Totally realized I have to pack tonight because I won't be home tomorrow or Saturday to do it. Thankfully, I'm a guy so it only took 10 minutes. :heavydrink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 pm

One more day of work, Saturday off (packing/laundry/drinking day), and flight to Fort Lauderdale Sunday morning! :party:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Does Uberschall mean Uber Loud!!???? :shred: :shred:

no, it precisely translates to "much larger balls than any Marshall"
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Does Uberschall mean Uber Loud!!???? :shred: :shred:

no, it precisely translates to "much larger balls than any Marshall"

I would like to also point out that "Uberschall" in english is "Super Sonic"
    Cabin # 6072
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:15 am

OFF

WORK

IN

FOURTY-FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:26 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:OFF

WORK

IN

FOURTY-FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

:party:
    Cabin # 6072
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 pm

asmegin wrote:Meet mr. boner...er Bogner

Hey!

That's MY amp!!!

Good taste sir. :cheers:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm

viathyn wrote:
    asmegin wrote:Meet mr. boner...er Bogner

Hey!

That's MY amp!!!

Good taste sir. :cheers:

It is an awesome High gain amp. However the cleans really lack.
    Cabin # 6072
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:14 pm

asmegin wrote:...the cleans really lack.

Sorry to hear that. I know that's an important part of your sound that you were concerned about. Are you planning to swap back with the guy?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:48 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    asmegin wrote:...the cleans really lack.

Sorry to hear that. I know that's an important part of your sound that you were concerned about. Are you planning to swap back with the guy?

Rob, I knew that the cleans would suck because thats what a bunch say, and turned out to be true. But I don't think I'll go back to the roadster just yet.

I'm going to see what I can get out of this guy and see if I can another identical mesa head and make profit at the same time.

We will see.
    Cabin # 6072
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 pm

1 HOUR AWAY FROM LEAVING WORK AND NOT RETURNING UNTIL FEB !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 am

SoCal preparty was awesome last night. I got to have my picture taken with Lemmy. Now I'm at the airport ready to embark upon the trip of a lifetime! Also, from getting dropped off at the airport to sitting at the gate took 10 minutes total. No scanners. No patdowns. :death:
    See you all in Miami!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 pm

I'm HERE! Just checking in with the interweb and drinking a few Presidentes here on the patio of my hotel, letting my peoples at home know I made it and generally soaking up Miami Beach. Thought I'd stop here, too, to say I MADE IT! That's a rejoice and a half. I've already met up with 4 of our fellow cruise mates and forum members randomly, and as I type this there are two more obviously cruise-bound guys walking up the other side of the street. THIS ROCKS!

Wishing problem-free travels to everyone, can't wait for all that's in store over the next week!

:headbanger:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:21 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:I'm HERE! Just checking in with the interweb and drinking a few Presidentes here on the patio of my hotel, letting my peoples at home know I made it and generally soaking up Miami Beach. Thought I'd stop here, too, to say I MADE IT! That's a rejoice and a half. I've already met up with 4 of our fellow cruise mates and forum members randomly, and as I type this there are two more obviously cruise-bound guys walking up the other side of the street. THIS ROCKS!

Wishing problem-free travels to everyone, can't wait for all that's in store over the next week!

That's Awesome!! It's finally over freezing( +3C) and beautiful sunshine...
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:I'm HERE! Just checking in with the interweb and drinking a few Presidentes here on the patio of my hotel, letting my peoples at home know I made it and generally soaking up Miami Beach. Thought I'd stop here, too, to say I MADE IT! That's a rejoice and a half. I've already met up with 4 of our fellow cruise mates and forum members randomly, and as I type this there are two more obviously cruise-bound guys walking up the other side of the street. THIS ROCKS!

That's Awesome!! It's finally over freezing( +3C) and beautiful sunshine...

Well, it's clouded over and chilled off here, but it's still a lot warmer than +3..... Oooh, and as I type the sun's coming back out. Shit. Plus 3?! I hope my little cigarette butt collection that I'm not supposed to have going on outside my apartment doesn't melt away. :oops: That's the least of my worries now and pretty much out of my control! Now what to do here....... Meeting up with some folks tonight I think, but not for several more hours. These beers are going down nicely, too...... and at $8/6pack they can! :twisted:
Post Reply 9100 posts