Post Reply 9100 posts
random rejoicing thread
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: random rejoicing thread

by Zeh » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Yeah! This afternoon I was at the Marine Shopping Center (can't remember the name, on Biscayne Street) and saw lots of longhair and black shirts walking around. For normal people, they may think we're mouring for something, hehe
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Huh?

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:57 pm

gnoff wrote:I was ID:ed buying beers today, sweeeet!

I look so young, yeah baby.

what, under the beard? LOL you do look young! what is drinking age in sweden by the way?
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:04 pm

pre-cruise at a Mexican restaurant they didn't serve us beer because we didn't have our passport with us
    we had our regular ID with us, but they were too stupid to read it
    good thing was that we could leave soon after to join the pre-party...because the food was so awful we couldn't eat it ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:18 pm

gnoff wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

what, under the beard? LOL you do look young! what is drinking age in sweden by the way?

I still have the beard, think I'll wait with cutting it off until I get back home, it's good sun protection.

Legal drinking age at bars is 18, though the bars are free to set what ever age above 18 they want to.

Legal age to buy beer at the monopoly store and take home is 20.

I guesshere in FL it's 21, they should ID anyone they think is under 30, I'm 35 and showing my Swedish driving license, and the dude didn't know what to looking for :roll:

Edit: Hey girl you just gave me a compliment, yay :cheers:

yeah you don't look 35, i thought you were younger than me!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:15 pm

gnoff wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:yeah you don't look 35, i thought you were younger than me!

whohoo :D

Thing is, when I cut my beard off I look some 10 to 15 years younger, so it'll be fun come Thursday.

And I haven't seen my face in about 19 months either :beerwink:

you will have to share a pic, i cannot quite imagine what you look like under there!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 am

aaaah.....2 Australians and 2 Americans posing for a picture on THE METAL MOTHER SHIP in the Caribbean! :cool: :cool: :cool:
    great times!

Rachael (Evican), (the ubiquitous :P ) KevinP, Karhl (Bangers) and me (Laura)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Went back to work today and didn't get in trouble today.
    Dunno if i told anybody but i was supposed to be working the day before i left for Miami.
    Basically i got smashed drunk the day before and then didn't show up for work.Didn't ring or try make any excuses or anything.Just took the day off and flew to Miami the day after.
    Nothing has been mentioned about it today so i guess it's cool.They probably just thought i was off that day and did my departments rosters wrong hehe
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Went back to work today and didn't get in trouble today.
    Dunno if i told anybody but i was supposed to be working the day before i left for Miami.
    Basically i got smashed drunk the day before and then didn't show up for work.Didn't ring or try make any excuses or anything.Just took the day off and flew to Miami the day after.
    Nothing has been mentioned about it today so i guess it's cool.They probably just thought i was off that day and did my departments rosters wrong hehe

The metal gods are shining upon you brother :viking:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:26 am

gnoff wrote:oh I'll be sure to post my young innocent face once it's done :)

Hey there! If you talk to your German friend Astrid anytime soon, tell her it was great hanging out and chatting with you guys on the boat! She's a cool chick. :)

Glad you found such a nice Hawaiian shirt while you were in the area!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Amandroid wrote:
    gnoff wrote:oh I'll be sure to post my young innocent face once it's done :)

Hey there! If you talk to your German friend Astrid anytime soon, tell her it was great hanging out and chatting with you guys on the boat! She's a cool chick. :)

Glad you found such a nice Hawaiian shirt while you were in the area!

YOU!!!.....are the COOL chic on the boat Amanda!....so good to meet you! ;) :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:34 pm

OMG!!! I JUST OPENED THE ALBUM ARTWORK OF MY PRE-ORDERED AMANDA PALMER ALBUM "AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" AND MY FUCKING PHOTO FROM SYDNEY IS IN THERE WITH MY NAME ON IT!!!

I posted my photos to Flickr and one day I decided to check it after not signing in for while and there was a message from Amanda's official photographer. She contacted me and asked me if I would send her some of the best photos that I took to use for fan/promotional use on Amanda's website, etc. I said sure, as long as my name is printed with them as photo credit, you can use them however you like. I checked back on her website and never found any of my photos, so I thought that she deciced not to use them for whatever reason or the person who messaged me over Flickr was a fake even though I checked her out before sending the photos.
    Last edited by Evican on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:43 pm

cool!
    who's Amanda Palmer? :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Evican wrote:OMG!!! I JUST OPENED THE ALBUM ARTWORK OF MY PRE-ORDERED AMANDA PALMER ALBUM " AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" AND MY FUCKING PHOTO FROM SYDNEY IS IN THERE WITH MY NAME ON IT!!!

Congrats!!!

(pic for proof or it's all BS)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:20 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Evican wrote:OMG!!! I JUST OPENED THE ALBUM ARTWORK OF MY PRE-ORDERED AMANDA PALMER ALBUM " AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" AND MY FUCKING PHOTO FROM SYDNEY IS IN THERE WITH MY NAME ON IT!!!

Congrats!!!

(pic for proof or it's all BS)

Here's the proof!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously... I'm ecstatic. :lol:

2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Evican wrote:Seriously... I'm ecstatic. :lol:

Seriously... who is she?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

Seriously... who is she?

She's the lead singer of The Dresden Dolls.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Evican wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Seriously... who is she?

Ok, well you're famous. How does it feel?

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Nice! So are you getting some moneys or are you just happy to have your picture in there?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Ok, well you're famous. How does it feel?

This almost makes up for missing the Sydney gig on the 24th January because we were on the most amazing cruise in the history of metal and cruises and also missing the Newcastle gig that I was going to go the day that I got back (Sunday 30th January) but as I was delayed a day in LA I didn't get in until Monday morning, I missed it.

I also get a "special thanks" from Amanda in her "thanks to:" section. :D :D :D
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Evican wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Seriously... who is she?

Good for you Rachel!!...Congradulations!!......(now take all those drunk as fuck pics of me off ur face book lol!.....If I had any regrets of my trip...it woulda been taking those whiskey shots with Dan Ritchie before the pre party!!....I was a little nervous and thought....wtf.....I NEVER do shots.....for obvious reasons!!...I think Rhiannon and I both regret that one :party: <<<me on the right!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

debborah1 wrote:Good for you Rachel!!...Congradulations!!......(now take all those drunk as fuck pics of me off ur face book lol!.....If I had any regrets of my trip...it woulda been taking those whiskey shots with Dan Ritchie before the pre party!!....I was a little nervous and thought....wtf.....I NEVER do shots.....for obvious reasons!!...I think Rhiannon and I both regret that one :party: <<<me on the right!

Everyone was drunk that night!!! Have you seen the photo that Laura posted in the metal chicks thread?! I'm drunk in that photo! Drunk pictures are fun! But you can always un-tag them if you want. :)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Evican wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:Good for you Rachel!!...Congradulations!!......(now take all those drunk as fuck pics of me off ur face book lol!.....If I had any regrets of my trip...it woulda been taking those whiskey shots with Dan Ritchie before the pre party!!....I was a little nervous and thought....wtf.....I NEVER do shots.....for obvious reasons!!...I think Rhiannon and I both regret that one :party: <<<me on the right!

Everyone was drunk that night!!! Have you seen the photo that Laura posted in the metal chicks thread?! I'm drunk in that photo! Drunk pictures are fun! But you can always un-tag them if you want. :)

yeah i don't look any dumber than normal....so whatev. and hell yeah i overdid the pre party hard! i guess i wouldn't change a damn thing though. just learned to limit drinks on preparty next year. for sure. no need to ruin most of day 1 again. i made up for that shit on tuesday though - saw so many bands that day!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Evican wrote:

Rachael - I actually think that's a beautiful pic of you - really! even with the "squinty" eyes :party: :beerwink: on the main pic thread this morning I posted a pic of MetalWrath, Debb, Jake and me (and I think Joey?) - well my eyes are half closed in it - god, that was a fun night - second most fave of the trip.
    Re: Dresden Dolls - I'm a fan! Saw them at Lollapalooza in Chicago about 5 years ago! :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Evican wrote:

yeah i don't look any dumber than normal....so whatev. and hell yeah i overdid the pre party hard! i guess i wouldn't change a damn thing though. just learned to limit drinks on preparty next year. for sure. no need to ruin most of day 1 again. i made up for that shit on tuesday though - saw so many bands that day!

The pre-party was awesome!!!! And Rhia- a friend just emailed me a pic of me and you that night - I look totally schnockered, but I will post it later on the metal chicks thread cause it's beautiful of you imo!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:07 pm

thank you Laura!!!!!!!!!!!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:53 pm

Stained Class wrote:Nice! So are you getting some moneys or are you just happy to have your picture in there?

No money. I was stoked when I was told that the photos could be used in promotions/advertising or on her site... BUT IN HER ALBUM ARTWORK?!?! That's payment enough for me!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Evican wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Seriously... who is she?

So I had to investigate out of curiosity. Girl Anachronism was the second song I listened too.

Lyrics are excellent! and written about Nilay I am afraid... :lol:

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Disaster Area wrote:So I had to investigate out of curiosity. Girl Anachronism was the second song I listened too.

That is one of my favourite songs. You have to hear/read the lyrics of "Vegemite (The Black Death)" though!! So funny.

:lol:
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Evican wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:So I had to investigate out of curiosity. Girl Anachronism was the second song I listened too.

That is one of my favourite songs. You have to hear/read the lyrics of "Vegemite (The Black Death)" though!! So funny.

:lol:

I saw The Dresden Dolls open for NIN a few years ago in Philly...good show
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

congrats! that must be really cool. :party:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 pm

rejoice, for it is lots of Rhiawiz. or cringe and be disgusted. either way, it is what it is, the WIZ!

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 pm

hmmm, it's usually only Deb that pulls off quads like that....

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Disaster Area wrote:hmmm, it's usually only Deb that pulls off quads like that....

true, she does do that. but today i wizzed all over the forum!
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:35 am

rhiawiz wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:hmmm, it's usually only Deb that pulls off quads like that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHiXGEwNB0E&feature=related
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:39 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHiXGEwNB0E&feature=related

HA! CHEEEZWIZZZZZZZZZ. (In French even...) :cheers:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:52 am

gnoff wrote:Started with 60 minute intense Core Bosu, which was the first tiem ever I tired, then 25 minute spinning, followed by 20 minute winding down and stretching.
    But I think this smallish pain / soreness I have proves I was good for my body :trashdrink:
    Friday is spinning time, then come Monday I'll do the Core Bosu - Spinning thing again, time to get more healthy again :cool:

I highly recommend what the Corbells suggested to me which was, when returning to working out after a long period of not doing so, start slow for the first few weeks (ie: do about half of what you think you can/should) in order to prevent discouraging injuries.

But, of course, it varies from person to person and you know yourself best.

Congrats on what sounds like a great workout!! :headbanger:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 am

Nilay teaches a killer bosu class. I refuse to participate... :lol:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 am

Gotta say I also love how this conversation picked up here when the Fitness Thread is currently right beneath it in Off Course :lol:

Classically typical of the 70K Broads!

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:43 am

shit! I Thought this was the Fitness thread?
    /scratches head/

Post Reply 9100 posts