Re: random rejoicing thread

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: not at the moment
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:32 am

KDibildox wrote::lol: No. I don't do weenies, sorry :lol: . It was just a friendly suggestion :D

Damn.

I mean...what? I like Death Metal. :oops:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:47 am

KDibildox wrote:Come here. We're supposed to have thunderstorms for the next few days. Hell, there's a severe thunderstorm warning, a flash flood warning and a flood advisory right now

Hmmm... maybe there's hope for rain in Texas a couple of days from now then. If so, I'll remember to wear shoes in the rain, per your lesson.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 am

I got wacken coming up in 3 weeks along with bloodstock good times
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:06 am

Rab wrote:I got wacken coming up in 3 weeks along with bloodstock good times

Great Rab! Have a :headbanger: :party: time!

Coincidentally, one of my rejoices is that 6 weeks from Monday I'll be on a plane to Bergen :shock: , 7 weeks from today I'll be seeing Satyricon, Godflesh, Primordial, Ghost, Negative Plane & Nifelheim! And then there are the 3 other HITS days http://holeinthesky.no/2011/articles/supper-2/359
    Still can't believe I'm going! :beerhorns:

Other rejoices...
    Summer has been great so far!
    Had a (very) mini 70K reunion with Ryan (Bentz!) and wife Meredith who were in town for the Children of Bodom gig - we met for lunch at Kumas - a heavy metal themed bar/restaurant - fun! http://www.kumascorner.com/
    I got the Goatwhore burger :lol: :headbanger:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:14 am

Laura wrote:
    Rab wrote:I got wacken coming up in 3 weeks along with bloodstock good times

Great Rab! Have a :headbanger: :party: time!

Coincidentally, one of my rejoices is that 6 weeks from Monday I'll be on a plane to Bergen :shock: , 7 weeks from today I'll be seeing Satyricon, Godflesh, Primordial, Ghost, Negative Plane & Nifelheim! And then there are the 3 other HITS days http://holeinthesky.no/2011/articles/supper-2/359
    Still can't believe I'm going! :beerhorns:

Other rejoices...
    Summer has been great so far!
    Had a (very) mini 70K reunion with Ryan (Bentz!) and wife Meredith who were in town for the Children of Bodom gig - we met for lunch at Kumas - a heavy metal themed bar/restaurant - fun! http://www.kumascorner.com/
    I got the Goatwhore burger :lol: :headbanger:

DUDE Bergen is the most beautiful city in the world i want to retire there. I saw maiden play in the remains of a viking castle there it was incredible
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 am

gnoff wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Come here.

:shock: Is that a proposition? Marlo's gonna be maaaaaaad :cool:

KDibildox wrote::lol: No. I don't do weenies, sorry :lol: . It was just a friendly suggestion :D

:lol:

I love this forum :D

Me too :mrgreen:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:41 am

Stained Class wrote:

Damn.

I mean...what? I like Death Metal. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Come here. We're supposed to have thunderstorms for the next few days. Hell, there's a severe thunderstorm warning, a flash flood warning and a flood advisory right now

Hmmm... maybe there's hope for rain in Texas a couple of days from now then. If so, I'll remember to wear shoes in the rain, per your lesson.

It's more fun barefoot ;) , just let it rain a little for it to cool off.

@Laura, that's awesome! have a great time! and hey, next time I go to Chicago we should go to Kumas! that sounds fun!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:12 pm

@Kate - believe it or not - that was my first time ever to Kuma's - lol - a friend and I tried to go a couple of times in the evening but it was a 2 hour wait! Matthew (nekrobarr here) told me the trick is to get there by 11:30 am when it opens for lunch - so that's when I met Bentz! (Ryan) and Meredith yesterday. The other rub is it's kind of in an inconvenient location way up on the north side so that's why I didn't suggest it for dinner when you were here... But next time for lunch at 11:30 sharp - yeah!! But can you believe it - they don't have any Dimmu Burgers! WTF? :shock: :lol: The Goatwhore burger was awesome though.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Finally moved into a room in London that I'll be renting while I'm here. Only 5 minutes walk to work. I have always had at least 1 hour travel to work so this is quite a luxury.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Nice!

And welcome back btw :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Laura wrote:@Kate - believe it or not - that was my first time ever to Kuma's - lol - a friend and I tried to go a couple of times in the evening but it was a 2 hour wait! Matthew (nekrobarr here) told me the trick is to get there by 11:30 am when it opens for lunch - so that's when I met Bentz! (Ryan) and Meredith yesterday. The other rub is it's kind of in an inconvenient location way up on the north side so that's why I didn't suggest it for dinner when you were here... But next time for lunch at 11:30 sharp - yeah!! But can you believe it - they don't have any Dimmu Burgers! WTF? :shock: :lol: The Goatwhore burger was awesome though.

dimmu burger :lol: sounds good to me! now we just need a good concert to travel there for :D
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:09 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Nice!

Yeah, as you can guess I've had very little time lately with work and relocation. All my spare time has been spent looking for places and sorting out the red tape (a lot more than I expected).

Still have to catch up with a weeks worth of posts but I should accomplish it over the weekend. And now being only 5 mins away from work opens up more free time for me also.

Good to be back :cheers:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Laura wrote:@Kate - believe it or not - that was my first time ever to Kuma's - lol - a friend and I tried to go a couple of times in the evening but it was a 2 hour wait! Matthew (nekrobarr here) told me the trick is to get there by 11:30 am when it opens for lunch - so that's when I met Bentz! (Ryan) and Meredith yesterday. The other rub is it's kind of in an inconvenient location way up on the north side so that's why I didn't suggest it for dinner when you were here... But next time for lunch at 11:30 sharp - yeah!! But can you believe it - they don't have any Dimmu Burgers! WTF? :shock: :lol: The Goatwhore burger was awesome though.

I definitely want to go there if I ever find myself in Chitown again...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Finally moved into a room in London that I'll be renting while I'm here. Only 5 minutes walk to work. I have always had at least 1 hour travel to work so this is quite a luxury.

Awesome! Hopefully it works out there
    I should get around to updating my signature
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Finally moved into a room in London that I'll be renting while I'm here. Only 5 minutes walk to work. I have always had at least 1 hour travel to work so this is quite a luxury.

Congrats Paul! That is awesome :headbanger: :heavydrink: :cheers:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:42 am

Burritos!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:53 am

Close enough to a taco, I guess. :lol:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:17 am

viathyn wrote:Close enough to a taco, I guess. :lol:

It was delicious
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:32 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Nice!

Yeah, as you can guess I've had very little time lately with work and relocation. All my spare time has been spent looking for places and sorting out the red tape (a lot more than I expected).

Still have to catch up with a weeks worth of posts but I should accomplish it over the weekend. And now being only 5 mins away from work opens up more free time for me also.

Good to be back :cheers:

You'll actually become smarter and more sober being further away from Metalwrath. Heck, you might even start listening to HEAVIER music as well.

London for the WIN/WIN/WIN :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:48 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Burritos!

Oh that reminds me! I got a free burito coupon in the mail yesterday from Chipotle. Lunch is taken care of. Now I just have to impatiently wait until they open Image
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:12 am

gnoff wrote:Went to the taco bus in Tampa in February, it was nice :D

I went there a few times in December... was pretty good
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:25 am

Will be getting plastered drunk this afternoon :D :party: :givebeer:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 am

gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Will be getting plastered drunk this afternoon :D :party: :givebeer:

Awesome!
    Wish I could say the same

It comes with a price however. Will be forced to listen to country music and surrounded by assholes in cowboy attire. Fu*k Stampede. :evil:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:59 am

gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Will be getting plastered drunk this afternoon :D :party: :givebeer:

Awesome!
    Wish I could say the same

Me too :evil: Gotta drive to a show tonight so I have to stay sober
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 pm

gnoff wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Me too :evil: Gotta drive to a show tonight so I have to stay sober

sucks!

at least you get the show ;)

Very true. Can't wait! :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:09 pm

gnoff wrote:Ice Cream for dinner, metal on TV, yep

How much ice cream have you had over the past week?
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:27 pm

gnoff wrote:Ice Cream for dinner, metal on TV, yep

I want your life...
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Note to self: do not pack when you are drunk, because you can't find any of the things you need.
    But hopefully I managed to get the most important things anyway :lol:

Well, we have to get up in less than 4 hours to get our flight, so goodnight everyone, Metalcamp here we come :headbanger:
    Behave while I'm away (I have to say it even if I know you won't :lol:)

:heavydrink:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:44 pm

MadameLePink wrote:Note to self: do not pack when you are drunk, because you can't find any of the things you need.
    But hopefully I managed to get the most important things anyway :lol:

Well, we have to get up in less than 4 hours to get our flight, so goodnight everyone, Metalcamp here we come :headbanger:

:lol: Of course we won't! Have a kick ass trip. Try not to scare the Moonsorrow guys too much before the cruise
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:44 pm

My housemate (aka my sister) has made pancakes and has gone to pickup my car from were we had to abandon at the party last night due to drunkenness... So I don't see any reason why I need to get out of bed today. :mrgreen:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Fatum11 wrote:My housemate (aka my sister) has made pancakes and has gone to pickup my car from were we had to abandon at the party last night due to drunkenness... So I don't see any reason why I need to get out of bed today. :mrgreen:

By last night, you mean today right? :shock: Wait a minute... what's it like in the future? Is your sister a robot? Does your car fly? :?
    Just kidding Alicia, welcome abroad! :cheers:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:52 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:My housemate (aka my sister) has made pancakes and has gone to pickup my car from were we had to abandon at the party last night due to drunkenness... So I don't see any reason why I need to get out of bed today. :mrgreen:

By last night, you mean today right? :shock: Wait a minute... what's it like in the future? Is your sister a robot? Does your car fly? :?
    Just kidding Alicia, welcome abroad! :cheers:

:lol: :lol: apparently we're backwards here, so we might be ahead but we're still behind :?
    :cheers: Thank you :D
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Nevermind me. I'm an idiot sometimes. :lol:
    derp. :?

Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:48 pm

gnoff wrote:I wish one could find some "real" Mexican food in Gothenburg

Pretty hard to find "real" mexican food here :lol: . So far I've only tried one or two restaurants in the US (tried several states) that I would call close to being authentic
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:51 am

MadameLePink wrote:Well, we have to get up in less than 4 hours to get our flight, so goodnight everyone, Metalcamp here we come :headbanger:

Have a safe trip and a great time! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 am

2011-07-09: Big surprise for all HOA visitors : We`ve been trying hard in the past and finally got it , John Cyriis with his new band S.E.T.I will perform a classic Agent Steel show at HOA

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:17 am

KDibildox wrote:Pretty hard to find "real" mexican food here :lol: . So far I've only tried one or two restaurants in the US (tried several states) that I would call close to being authentic

It's hard to find in Texas, also. The few places that I found (completely unsafe neighborhoods where NO ONE speaks ANY english) made me realize that what most people call "mexican" is actually Tex-Mex, as the "authentic" places I've found don't have cheese. Or at least not like Tex-Mex does.

One of the worst mistakes I ever made was going to a "mexican" restaurant in Ottawa. Ugh. It was awful. The Canadians thought it was wonderful. :roll:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:26 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    gnoff wrote:I wish one could find some "real" Mexican food in Gothenburg

Pretty hard to find "real" mexican food here :lol: . So far I've only tried one or two restaurants in the US (tried several states) that I would call close to being authentic

...and the one in Miami near the pre-party-venue was so terrible, none of us finished their dish

rejoicing:
    we booked our flights tonight :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:59 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Pretty hard to find "real" mexican food here :lol: . So far I've only tried one or two restaurants in the US (tried several states) that I would call close to being authentic

It's hard to find in Texas, also. The few places that I found (completely unsafe neighborhoods where NO ONE speaks ANY english) made me realize that what most people call "mexican" is actually Tex-Mex, as the "authentic" places I've found don't have cheese. Or at least not like Tex-Mex does.

One of the worst mistakes I ever made was going to a "mexican" restaurant in Ottawa. Ugh. It was awful. The Canadians thought it was wonderful. :roll:

Yup, tex mex is pretty much most of what I've tried here (even if it wasn't in Texas). Well we do use cheese, but it's not cheddar, or any orange looking cheese. It's always white or slightly yellow white. And tortillas are always soft in tacos. Taco shells are an american (I think?) invention.
Post Reply 9107 posts