Locked 13 posts Page 1 of 1
Looking for 2 person cabin.
  • User avatar
    LuisG4
    Wiper
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 pm

    Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by LuisG4 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 am

    Hello to whomever is doing me the favor of reading this. As the title says, I am looking for a two person cabin if anyone is looking to sell. This will be my first time going if I find tickets. Please let me know and message me on here or post if you have anything. Thank you so much, and have an awesome day!.

    Luis Garibay
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm
    Location: Arvada, Colorado, 'Murrica

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by Mr. HCI » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:13 pm

    The 70k website still shows balcony twins available. This late in the game, that is probably the best you can do because I believe that there is a $300 name change fee per person (someone correct me if I am wrong about this) since we are so close to sailing.

    Unless you get very lucky and someone who has paid 1) cannot go, and 2) is willing to take a BIG loss on their tickets.

    Good luck!
  • User avatar
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 440
    Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm
    Location: Montgomery, Texas
    Contact:

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by mbob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:40 pm

    Also, per the Terms & Conditions, they will not allow the Lead Passenger name to be transfered after January 4...

    A reservation for the cruise is valid only for the person(s) named within as Guests and cannot be transferred without Ultimate Music Cruises Inc.’s written consent. With written consent, you may transfer your Lead Passenger status to another party with a USD 300.00 Transfer Fee charged to the reservation. Ultimate Music Cruises Inc. will not consent to a Lead Passenger transfer during any pre-sale period or after an event sell-out when a waiting list exists. No Lead Passenger transfers will be accepted after January 4, 2016.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm
    Location: Arvada, Colorado, 'Murrica

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by Mr. HCI » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:33 pm

    mbob wrote:No Lead Passenger transfers will be accepted after January 4, 2016.


    Guess that settles it! Good for you for reading the fine print.
  • User avatar
    LuisG4
    Wiper
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by LuisG4 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 pm

    Looks like I'm pretty screwed then. =/
  • User avatar
    MissTool
    Oiler
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by MissTool » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:56 am

    You can still buy single ticket. Still available on cheaper categories, so it will cost less than buying a private balcony cabin.
    I think it would be possible book a single ticket in a double cabin and then add another passenger you know to the same cabin. Check the possibility. It might be worth...
  • User avatar
    LuisG4
    Wiper
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by LuisG4 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:00 pm

    MissTool wrote:You can still buy single ticket. Still available on cheaper categories, so it will cost less than buying a private balcony cabin.
    I think it would be possible book a single ticket in a double cabin and then add another passenger you know to the same cabin. Check the possibility. It might be worth...


    That would work if I was going alone I guess, the only problem is that I would like to get two tickets, one for me and one for the girlfriend and I don't have enough money for what's left on the website =(. I'll keep trying!
  • User avatar
    MissTool
    Oiler
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by MissTool » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:03 pm

    Another possibility is contact UMC and ask if they can book a cheaper cabin for you and your gf. There is still single female and male tickets in cheaper catgories, so that means cabins are still available. I don´t think at this point they would refuse to sell it to you in hopes to book more single travelers. I think is worth a shot...
  • User avatar
    LuisG4
    Wiper
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by LuisG4 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:30 pm

    MissTool wrote:Another possibility is contact UMC and ask if they can book a cheaper cabin for you and your gf. There is still single female and male tickets in cheaper catgories, so that means cabins are still available. I don´t think at this point they would refuse to sell it to you in hopes to book more single travelers. I think is worth a shot...


    I apologize if this is a dumb question. Lets say I were to buy a single ticket for a 2 person cabin, could I still board the boat even if someone doesn't buy the other ticket, and if my girlfriend does the same with a female cabin?
  • User avatar
    Speedy
    Ensign
    Posts: 1396
    Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am
    Location: Trondheim, Norway

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by Speedy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:38 pm

    LuisG4 wrote:
    MissTool wrote:Another possibility is contact UMC and ask if they can book a cheaper cabin for you and your gf. There is still single female and male tickets in cheaper catgories, so that means cabins are still available. I don´t think at this point they would refuse to sell it to you in hopes to book more single travelers. I think is worth a shot...


    I apologize if this is a dumb question. Lets say I were to buy a single ticket for a 2 person cabin, could I still board the boat even if someone doesn't buy the other ticket, and if my girlfriend does the same with a female cabin?

    Yes, it doesn't matter how many is actually in the cabin.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

    International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • User avatar
    MissTool
    Oiler
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:38 am

    LuisG4 wrote:
    MissTool wrote:Another possibility is contact UMC and ask if they can book a cheaper cabin for you and your gf. There is still single female and male tickets in cheaper catgories, so that means cabins are still available. I don´t think at this point they would refuse to sell it to you in hopes to book more single travelers. I think is worth a shot...


    I apologize if this is a dumb question. Lets say I were to buy a single ticket for a 2 person cabin, could I still board the boat even if someone doesn't buy the other ticket, and if my girlfriend does the same with a female cabin?


    What I had meant was get one single ticket and then try to book the other person in the same cabin. If each one buys one single ticket you will end up in diffent cabins and not together. My second suggestion, which actually makes more sense and is cheaper, is contact UMC directly and try to book a cheaper cabin since they are still availble as single tickets.
    I hope you can find a way.
  • User avatar
    LuisG4
    Wiper
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by LuisG4 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am

    MissTool wrote:What I had meant was get one single ticket and then try to book the other person in the same cabin. If each one buys one single ticket you will end up in diffent cabins and not together. My second suggestion, which actually makes more sense and is cheaper, is contact UMC directly and try to book a cheaper cabin since they are still availble as single tickets.
    I hope you can find a way.


    Actually, I did exactly what you suggested and called them last night. It turns out somebody upgraded their tickets, so their cheaper cabin was up for grabs and Christian, the man we spoke to saw my posts on the forums and emailed me telling me that he reserved it for me if I wanted it. This happened a few minutes before we called him and before I had a chance to check my email. When we told him the names he was all like "Wait, thats the guy who I just reserved it for" haha. My main concern was to be in a private cabin with the girlfriend, not like we'll spend much time in it haha but it would make things a little easier. I ended up getting a two person cabin for just a few hundred bucks more than two single tickets, so I guess it all worked out!. Thank you so much for your advice, it worked!!. I guess I will see you on board! =D
  • User avatar
    MissTool
    Oiler
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm

    Re: Looking for 2 person cabin.

    by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:45 am

    Glad I could help and everything worked out. You did get the best setup for a couple. See you.
  • Locked 13 posts Page 1 of 1

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests