Locked 178 posts
Band #40! Circle II Circle
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: Band #40! Circle II Circle

by WizardBeast » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:18 pm

nymphet wrote:
    Indeed what I exactly said as my first reaction hearing CIIC was "I wish I asked for something else in life."
    It's an expression Turkish people use when one of their wishes they made without too much thought is granted all of a sudden that if they wished something bigger and greater (like winning $100k for instance) instead could have been granted. So, we say I wish I asked for something else in life, then it would have been granted in place of this one.
    Anyway, simply put I was quite stoked because I did not know they still made music. I am deeply moved by Savatage - both early and later years. I am very intrigued by their creativity and the tonal changes they do incorporate quite dramatically.
    Have been a fan at large for many many years to come.... I will make sure not to miss their show.

they are NOT any of the original members of Savatage, though. Don't get your hopes up too high!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Metal Rules webzine are counting down on their facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/MetalRulesWebzine) their top 30 metal cds of 2010.

Interestingly Circle II Circle scrape in at #30: http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewr ... year&pos=0

Two others from the cruise have made it in thus far - RAGE at #29 and FORBIDDEN at #27.

Will be interesting to see what others are in there - I would say definitely BLIND GUARDIAN, DARK TRANQUILLITY and EPICA.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Not really getting at anything per se. Just more of an observation if you will. If this portends to something more, then we shall see soon enough.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    nymphet
    Petty Officer

by nymphet » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    nymphet wrote:

they are NOT any of the original members of Savatage, though. Don't get your hopes up too high!

yea, but yeah!
    Craig had me listen yesterday and it does sound like Savatage....whatever reminds me of them is good....
    I don't know, I get all emotional about Savatage. They have this doomish tonality and I guess I started to listen to them during the darker days of my life (college) that associated well with the lyrics and the sound.

I am pretty emotional about Stratovarious, too, for example, but on an uplifting mood...

I think everybody had too many hopes, expectations and wishes about this band #40...
    I rather see a band that I've never experienced before, personally. Pretty much the only band that would have made me happier would be Rhapsody of Fire, I guess... nothing more...
    A "metal heart" is hard to break apart.
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:44 pm

nymphet wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    nymphet wrote:

yea, but yeah!
    Craig had me listen yesterday and it does sound like Savatage....whatever reminds me of them is good....
    I don't know, I get all emotional about Savatage. They have this doomish tonality and I guess I started to listen to them during the darker days of my life (college) that associated well with the lyrics and the sound.

I am pretty emotional about Stratovarious, too, for example, but on an uplifting mood...

I think everybody had too many hopes, expectations and wishes about this band #40...
    I rather see a band that I've never experienced before, personally. Pretty much the only band that would have made me happier would be Rhapsody of Fire, I guess... nothing more...

Rhapsody would have been great, I've wanted to see them for some time now.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:Obviously, they're not the 40th act. The 40th act is "ShoreSlayer and his Heavy Metal Kazoo" :shred:

at this point, i think that'd be more fun!

Ouch - BURN! :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 am

cowboy71 wrote:Metal Rules webzine are counting down on their facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/MetalRulesWebzine) their top 30 metal cds of 2010.
    Interestingly Circle II Circle scrape in at #30: http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewr ... year&pos=0
    Two others from the cruise have made it in thus far - RAGE at #29 and FORBIDDEN at #27.
    Will be interesting to see what others are in there - I would say definitely BLIND GUARDIAN, DARK TRANQUILLITY and EPICA.

cool, they put Wuthering Heights on that list! those three mentioned will most likely be on that list, too - even Rage made it to #29 with one of the weakest albums of their career; anyway, I expect some more Avantasia, too - and Scorpions if they count it as Metal; from the 70k, there's Gamma Ray with a new release, butter than Rage but also not really a great album
    thx for the info - I'll keep an eye on those "announcements"
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:13 am

I'm surprised that anyone thought the 40th band was gonna be some huge block-busting name at this point. We're at 2 weeks before the cruise, and the 40th isn't even officially announced yet. There's no chance of any one band filling the seats by now. Maybe they did have a bigger name lined up for the last band, but lots of bands are having trouble getting visas approved to play in the states (I don't know how that works in a cruise, but bear with me) it's possible that the promoters were left to grab their final band at the last minute because they couldn't get a musician across the border. Shit happens. I can think of loads of times that Glen from Progpower USA has had to cancel and quickly replace bands on his festival due to last-minute visa issues. Some of these have been headliners, too. As a promoter you have to roll with whatever punches go your way to ensure that the show goes on. In fact, I'm almost surprised that we're getting a 40th band at all, and now that we have a possible contender, it doesn't surprise me that it's a 3rd-tier band from Florida.

I think the promoters have done, and are doing a hell of a job to give fans like us the experience of a lifetime. :cheers:
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:47 am

my ipod supports my cruise preparation:
    np: CIIC - Fatal Warning
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:39 am

Element0s wrote:I'm surprised that anyone thought the 40th band was gonna be some huge block-busting name at this point. We're at 2 weeks before the cruise, and the 40th isn't even officially announced yet. There's no chance of any one band filling the seats by now. Maybe they did have a bigger name lined up for the last band, but lots of bands are having trouble getting visas approved to play in the states (I don't know how that works in a cruise, but bear with me) it's possible that the promoters were left to grab their final band at the last minute because they couldn't get a musician across the border. Shit happens. I can think of loads of times that Glen from Progpower USA has had to cancel and quickly replace bands on his festival due to last-minute visa issues. Some of these have been headliners, too. As a promoter you have to roll with whatever punches go your way to ensure that the show goes on. In fact, I'm almost surprised that we're getting a 40th band at all, and now that we have a possible contender, it doesn't surprise me that it's a 3rd-tier band from Florida.

I think the promoters have done, and are doing a hell of a job to give fans like us the experience of a lifetime. :cheers:

+1 :cheers: I am actually surprised that none of the announced bands have had any visa issues of note. It always seems that at least somebody has trouble getting permission to obtain a US work visa prior to a tour. It could be a reason for the delay in announcements. Perhaps the promoters were not announcing any bands until their work visas cleared. I think Element0s has a very good theory here.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Element0s wrote:I'm surprised that anyone thought the 40th band was gonna be some huge block-busting name at this point. We're at 2 weeks before the cruise, and the 40th isn't even officially announced yet. There's no chance of any one band filling the seats by now. Maybe they did have a bigger name lined up for the last band, but lots of bands are having trouble getting visas approved to play in the states (I don't know how that works in a cruise, but bear with me) it's possible that the promoters were left to grab their final band at the last minute because they couldn't get a musician across the border. Shit happens. I can think of loads of times that Glen from Progpower USA has had to cancel and quickly replace bands on his festival due to last-minute visa issues. Some of these have been headliners, too. As a promoter you have to roll with whatever punches go your way to ensure that the show goes on. In fact, I'm almost surprised that we're getting a 40th band at all, and now that we have a possible contender, it doesn't surprise me that it's a 3rd-tier band from Florida.

+1 :cheers: I am actually surprised that none of the announced bands have had any visa issues of note. It always seems that at least somebody has trouble getting permission to obtain a US work visa prior to a tour. It could be a reason for the delay in announcements. Perhaps the promoters were not announcing any bands until their work visas cleared. I think Element0s has a very good theory here.

i'm not surprised it's not a bigger band...i am just a little disappointing in CIIC. no matter, there are still SCORES of other bands on this cruise i want to see!!!! i echo the sentiment that the promoters did ONE HELL OF A JOB!!!!!!!!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 am

I agree 100 percent with that statement. I was telling people last night about the cruise at a local metal show and their mouths were litereally dropping and they were like "Oh its probably sold out" and I said "Actually, its not."
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Some of the issues with Visas won't manifest until the time of the journey...I remember Vanden Plas was a day-of cancellation at PP. There was another too, although it's hazy.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Really though, even if it was just BG, Gamma Ray, and a handful of other bands I'd consider this money well spent for a cruise.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:53 pm

alex_canada wrote:Really though, even if it was just BG, Gamma Ray, and a handful of other bands I'd consider this money well spent for a cruise.

I'll drink to those two names! (no really, I will) :heavydrink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Hear, hear! :party:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Hear, hear! :party:

Captain Metal is having a Deb style posting binge tonight. Focusing on quantity not quality :lol:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:34 pm

Just trying to push it up to 800 at least
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Just trying to push it up to 800 at least

Anything for the promotion, eh?
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:50 pm

I have the time to kill, posting in a thread about a band that's still not confirmed
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:51 pm

I wasn't expecting anything amazing...... eons ago, I thought band 40 would be a big name band, like CoF or maybe even a huge surprise Slayer or something... no biggie... there are plenty of bands I still want to see and will have time to do other cruise activities ;) It will be nice! :trashdrink:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:18 pm

I just read Blabbermouth's post announcing Circle II Circle. As expected, the very first comment is on the male/female ratio:

This Cruise...will have more sword fights than a pirate ship.

Kudos to Captain Metal for calling the idiot out!

Captain Metal wrote:Think again.Jealous?

:cheers:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Damn right.

That shit has gotten beyond old, because frankly I'm not really worried about the ratio anyway, as one of the women on board is with me, so I'm set.

Now, let the sword fighting commence! :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Yeah, we've had discussions about this in the past already on this forum. I just thought it was funny that the Blabbermouth posters are still living off of that myth.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Ha! Let 'em keep drinking their Haterade whilst stroking themselves in their parents basement looking at pictures of Simone :lol:

Meanwhile, we'll be livin' it up! :heavydrink: :shred: :party:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Ha! Let 'em keep drinking their Haterade whilst stroking themselves in their parents basement looking at pictures of Simone :lol:

Take out the parent's basement and Haterade and we have my Sunday! :lol:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Damn right.

That shit has gotten beyond old, because frankly I'm not really worried about the ratio anyway, as one of the women on board is with me, so I'm set.

+1 :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Damn right.

+1 :cheers:

i'm so sick of hearing about how no women like metal...tons of us will be there. how freakin' stupid.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:57 pm

70 thousand tons of metal chicks. There are mass cool metal chicks in every big city and town on earth. People who think otherwise are retarded
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:59 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:70 thousand tons of metal chicks. There are mass cool metal chicks in every big city and town on earth. People who think otherwise are retarded

absolutely!!! .. but i still run into this goofy ass ignorance about women not liking metal or only liking it cuz their men do constantly! well, i'm not going to sit in my parent's basement and whine about it LOL with all the blabbermouth assholes.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm

:lol: Like Riotact666. He posts in every single Blabbermouth post. I bet you anything the "Sausage Fest" comment is on the Cicle II Circle plug on Blabbermouth. The same person posts in all of the cruise plugs and always says the exact same thing. He is probably a 40 year old virgin
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm

If you were an alien visiting earth and had access to the Blabbermouth comments section they would death ray this planet in a nano second. It's easily the biggest idiots in humanity who comment on there (for the most part, the few rationale people get drowned out quickly by the rest of the peons).

I'm convinced that whoever is in charge of posting the news articles, puts up ANYTHING Kiss related, cause they know it's like throwing chum in the water for the dumbass sharks to come out of the woodwork( and at the very least it drives traffic to the site).

Even if their obsession with "sausage" was right (which it isn't) the joke is beyond played out that it's the furthest thing from funny. Plus I never listened to metal for the "chicks" anyway. Maybe some people do, but those type of idiots wouldn't be plunking down 1K for a metal cruise. All the ladies going on this that post on the forums never once gave me the impression they were in this for anything EXCEPT the music.

Hail to all my Death Metal Loving Broads :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:34 pm

KevinP wrote:If you were an alien visiting earth and had access to the Blabbermouth comments section they would death ray this planet in a nano second. It's easily the biggest idiots in humanity who comment on there (for the most part, the few rationale people get drowned out quickly by the rest of the peons).

I'm convinced that whoever is in charge of posting the news articles, puts up ANYTHING Kiss related, cause they know it's like throwing chum in the water for the dumbass sharks to come out of the woodwork( and at the very least it drives traffic to the site).

Even if their obsession with "sausage" was right (which it isn't) the joke is beyond played out that it's the furthest thing from funny. Plus I never listened to metal for the "chicks" anyway. Maybe some people do, but those type of idiots wouldn't be plunking down 1K for a metal cruise. All the ladies going on this that post on the forums never once gave me the impression they were in this for anything EXCEPT the music.

Hail to all my Death Metal Loving Broads :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal: :mrgreen:

i will windmill to that... :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:17 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote::lol: Like Riotact666. He posts in every single Blabbermouth post. I bet you anything the "Sausage Fest" comment is on the Cicle II Circle plug on Blabbermouth. The same person posts in all of the cruise plugs and always says the exact same thing. He is probably a 40 year old virgin

I don't even dare to look for myself - but please don't tell me over at Blabbermouth there are a lot of morons...
    wishlist '20:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Well Scott, you were unfortunately correct about there being a "Sausage" comment for the Circle II Circle story, but luckily I left him a response :cool:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Well Scott, you were unfortunately correct about there being a "Sausage" comment for the Circle II Circle story, but luckily I left him a response :cool:

oh geez. what did you say?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:36 pm

:lol: :lol: I cannot wait to get home and have a looksy. my original BM account "Blizzard Beast" was banned after a not to be told former lead singer of a prominent band in Europe which my friend was dating and he was doing every other chick under the sun (typical) he called her out in a BM statement/plug and I posted in comments and mere hours later, my account was banne4. I am back now with my new computer and different email/ip address as ScumWA not that I post much there anyway. :)
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:14 pm

It went pretty much like this:

This cruise...will have more sword fights than a pirate ship.

My response:

Think again. Jealous?

Simple and to the point, as not as outrageous as I could've made it, but it works :cool:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:19 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    KevinP wrote:If you were an alien visiting earth and had access to the Blabbermouth comments section they would death ray this planet in a nano second. It's easily the biggest idiots in humanity who comment on there (for the most part, the few rationale people get drowned out quickly by the rest of the peons).

i will windmill to that... :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Seconded. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Captain Metal wrote:It went pretty much like this:

This cruise...will have more sword fights than a pirate ship.

My response:

Think again. Jealous?

Simple and to the point, as not as outrageous as I could've made it, but it works :cool:

yeah no need to let some ignoramus drive you to stoop to his level...nice. just because HE doesn't know any metal chicks doesn't mean we don't exist en masse!
  • Locked 178 posts