Locked 53 posts
Good weather expected?
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Good weather expected?

by Zeh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:25 pm

My subject tells everything :D

Here is raining like crazy, and 20C to 33C. Summer rules but bores!
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Good weather expected?

by ragnaröks_roller » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:34 pm

I don't really know what the projected weather is for the cruise, but it's guaranteed to be warmer than were I am right now, even if it's not sunny and beautiful. One of the nice things about this trip being all about the metal is that even if it's rainy or something it's not JUST a nice-weather winter getaway we're all going for.
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:38 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:I don't really know what the projected weather is for the cruise, but it's guaranteed to be warmer than were I am right now, even if it's not sunny and beautiful. One of the nice things about this trip being all about the metal is that even if it's rainy or something it's not JUST a nice-weather winter getaway we're all going for.

Sure! Even if the cruise was though Alaska, we would be just fine :D

I got a 2 week forecast on this site. Sounds good!
    http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/miami/ext
    -----------------
    Zeh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Weather here is beyond shit.

It is fucking frightening :(

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/environ ... 19ldz.html

Thankfully where we live is well and truly out of harms way, but I know a lot of people directly affected by all this.

Looking forward to escaping - any weather has to be better than what we've got here!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Weather here is beyond shit.

Thankfully where we live is well and truly out of harms way, but I know a lot of people directly affected by all this.

Looking forward to escaping - any weather has to be better than what we've got here!!

That sucks man! We also have some flood problems, but due unstoppable city grow, people started to live on places who were swamps and moors, and in the summer we got daily reports of people losing their houses, cars and lives.

Some examples, translated well by Google Translator: http://g1.globo.com/vc-no-g1/noticia/20 ... paulo.html
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Hopefully this isn't insensitive, but I've always been curious as to the fatalities from flooding. I understand that in developing countries, structural integrity of houses may be less, there may be more nearby mud/debris to cause an obstacle - but what are the fatalities attributed to here? People who were taken by surprise in their sleep, or people who can't swim and have no raised ground nearby? I didn't think floods could rise *that* quickly.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

alex_canada wrote:

Hopefully this isn't insensitive, but I've always been curious as to the fatalities from flooding. I understand that in developing countries, structural integrity of houses may be less, there may be more nearby mud/debris to cause an obstacle - but what are the fatalities attributed to here? People who were taken by surprise in their sleep, or people who can't swim and have no raised ground nearby? I didn't think floods could rise *that* quickly.

Here there is a bit of everything. But I tell you, water rises in an unexpected way. In 5 minutes you can get some meters of water. Usually people are caught in distress, but there are the superheros who decide to go against nature's force and dies.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • strange
    Oiler

by strange » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:04 pm

alex_canada wrote:

This video might explain a bit. http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/01/10/3109884.htm

It's not called 'flash flooding' for nothing. It happens in a flash and if you're caught in it god help you, even if you're a strong swimmer.
    A.K.A: Mrs. Statsman
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:05 pm

"I didn't think floods could rise *that* quickly."

Yes it can man :(

There was literally a wall of water hit Toowoomba. No warning whatsoever.

Possibly some that lost their lives may have been dickheads thinking they could drive through.

But yeah... 8 Dead so far and 72 missing.

Horrific :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:30 pm

And they're expecting even more rain. I heard on the news this morning that they have forcasted that the Brisbane river will over flow too if things continue the same. :(
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:"I didn't think floods could rise *that* quickly."

Yes it can man :(

There was literally a wall of water hit Toowoomba. No warning whatsoever.

Possibly some that lost their lives may have been dickheads thinking they could drive through.

But yeah... 8 Dead so far and 72 missing.

Horrific :(

Toowoomba is where Will Power ( IndyCar driver is from I think)
    Serious business for sure. Years of drought certainly doesn't help. Hope it recides soon
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Dam off topic again!. I checked the weather for Miami--supposed to be around 20c (65f or so) with some rain on Sunday.
    Cozumel is around 32c (88f-give or take)
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Weather here is cold about -10C and are expecting a small snow storm tomorrow, but I'm sure it's a lot worse in other parts of Canada.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Best of luck to you, Cowboy. Hopefully it doesn't get too much worse. :cheers:

Edit: Just to be a dick: It's sunny and in the 60s where I live all week. 70F by Friday :cool:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:11 pm

I keep thinking about the original cruise plug clip. it said "Imagine January COLD BAD !@$#@$! WEATHER" we have a big assed snow storm headed this way
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:14 pm

mooyagi wrote:Best of luck to you, Cowboy. Hopefully it doesn't get too much worse. :cheers:

Edit: Just to be a dick: It's sunny and in the 60s where I live all week. 70F by Friday :cool:

Did you get much flooding,Mooyagi? I get my parts out of the Volvo warehouse in Ontario--and was worried about delays that may happen. Now a winter storm in Georgia and New Jersy have closed their warehouses... never had a Canadian warehouse close due to snow...
    9 Time Vet.
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:31 pm

The weather will be great !!
    high 50's to high 70's
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:40 pm

metalheadtop wrote:The weather will be great !!
    high 50's to high 70's

That weather sounds perfect. I'm sewing a huge hole in my favorite pair of shorts on preparation right now. I CANNOT WAIT. -10F wind chill can go fuck itself.
    D E C K 6
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:50 am

Just by the end of this week, highs will be around 70F and lows around 55F

Any rain that occurs at this time of year is sporadic and just a symptom of an approaching cold front, making it brief to non existent.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman

by VikingGirl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 am

We've had about a foot of snow in the last week, and in December we had temperatures as low as -25C (-15F). Every time I'm outside shoveling snow or scraping ice off the car, all I can think about is escaping winter for a couple of weeks!! Can't wait to thaw!!! :D
    Eva

Cabin #1570
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 am

I'm about to get nailed with 10-15 inches of snow in less than 24 hours. Thank god I have PTO to burn.
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:21 am

Like everyone else, I hope the weather rocks! Especially since there are so many people coming from places that are so cold right now. What an awesome break from this seemingly relentless season of weather!

Now you will see why everyone moves here to FL once they turn 65... still gets chilly, but it's really hard to complain during the winter months. I'll be channeling the "Good Weather and Don't Get Sick Now" vibes for the next couple of weeks... :cheers:
    MTMetalHead
    Wiper

by MTMetalHead » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Im sittin around good ole 10 degrees(F) in my town now. A couple days ago it warmed up to 34, which melted lots of snow, which is now between 1 - 3 inches of ice on some roads. FUCK YEAH MIAMI/MEXICO!!!!!
    "May your sword stay wet like a young girl in her prime. Hold your hammers high!"
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:18 pm

It's been around 0C (32F) here for a few days, but should drop back below 0F by Friday. Good thing I'm getting the hell away from here on Sunday.
    Anything above 50F in Miami is like summer. :roll:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MrsAceMasterHan
    Crewman

by MrsAceMasterHan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:36 pm

It's currently 26F right now and we just got another 6in or so of snow last night. Being from Miami originally, I get real tired of this crap real quick. Anything over 50F would be just lovely right now...I can't wait!!
    Deck 7
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 pm

metalheadtop wrote:The weather will be great !!
    high 50's to high 70's

Sweatshirt and shorts weather right there.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:22 pm

70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:hope its not raining birds..
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110111/ap_on_re_us/us_mystery_bird_deaths
    :shock:
    seriously wtf

Scientists say mass die-offs of wildlife happen regularly, and are usually unrelated and unreported.

Great term for a song title or concept but damn! Sure hope this cruise isn't nature's way of thinning out the metal herd :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:35 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    seriously wtf

Scientists say mass die-offs of wildlife happen regularly, and are usually unrelated and unreported.

Great term for a song title or concept but damn! Sure hope this cruise isn't nature's way of thinning out the metal herd :lol:

MOTHER EARTH IS ON 2012 SHIT ! :evil:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:09 am

My car wasn't dragged by a flood for some minutes.Thanks for the parking lot guy, moved it to a higher place!!

There are more than 500 deaths by flooding in the whole country - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12187985
    -----------------
    Zeh
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:11 am

Zeh wrote:My car wasn't dragged by a flood for some minutes.Thanks for the parking lot guy, moved it to a higher place!!

There are more than 500 deaths by flooding in the whole country - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12187985

Wow. What a terrible weather season! Big year for floods: Pakistan, Australia, Brazil to name a few. Yikes. Hope everything is okay Zeh.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 am

Zeh wrote:My car wasn't dragged by a flood for some minutes.Thanks for the parking lot guy, moved it to a higher place!!

So terrible. Stay safe Zeh!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:58 am

I'll only be calmer when I see my blackie again :beerhorns:

Last edited by Zeh on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Personalyl i am hoping for some very unexpected rain for all those women who are reluctant to engage in the wet tshirt competition.
    I actually like rain and lightning though when the tempreature is mild.
    It's the best weather ever
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Personalyl i am hoping for some very unexpected rain for all those women who are reluctant to engage in the wet tshirt competition.
    I actually like rain and lightning though when the tempreature is mild.
    It's the best weather ever

OH I SEE!....the only t-shirts you wanna be talkin about is the WET ONES!......you little shit! :cheers: :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    mcozzy
    Oiler

by mcozzy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 pm

We are supposed to fly out Sunday before the cruise. Snow is in the forecast for Saturday in New York. We just may have to fly out Friday...Oh Well!! :P
    Survived 2011. Ready for 2012!!
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:04 am

mcozzy wrote:We are supposed to fly out Sunday before the cruise. Snow is in the forecast for Saturday in New York. We just may have to fly out Friday...Oh Well!! :P

Like a migrating birds :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:48 am

seriously wtf

I had a bird fly into our picture window in the living room on New Year's Day. Made a loud noise and left a bunch of feathers on the window, he hit it hard! I went outside to see if he was there, but he must have flown away.

Something weird is going on. Did you hear they had to remark the runways at Tampa Airport due to the shift of the Earth's magnetic north pole?

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/12/sh ... =allsearch

Then the whole astrology controversy. LOL

Can't think of a better time to go on a cruise and party like it's Armegeddon! LOL

The forecast on weather.com for Miami for Monday, January 24 is 74 degrees and partly cloudy.
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:01 am

http://www.meteomedia.com/fourteenday/m ... k_st_14day

It looks like we are going to have rain for our day in cozumel :|
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:09 am

Right now, it looks like the weather during the weekend leading into the cruise is predicted to be fairly pleasant here in Miami, with only a bit of rain on that Friday :cheers:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Locked 53 posts