Post Reply 470 posts
Genres you want to see represented
  • ShreddinJ
    Oiler
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm
    Location: New Jersey

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by ShreddinJ » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:01 pm

    Bands I would suggest (sorry if they've been mentioned already):

    Gamma Ray
    Edguy
    Overkill
    Immortal
    Blind Guardian (and maybe Jon and Hansi could do some Demons & Wizards stuff??)
    Kreator
    Children of Bodom
    High On Fire
    3 Inches of Blood
    Rage (you know, the German power metal band not the American band ;) )
    Primal Fear
    HammerFall

    The great thing about metal is that there are so many great bands so even if we got a few of these guys (with so many bands still TBA) and in addition to all the great bands already booked, this is gonna be one hell of a cruise!
    Wishlist: Edguy/Avantasia, Helloween, Jag Panzer, Virgin Steele, Overkill, Immortal, Primal Fear, Kreator, Accept, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Slough Feg, Lord (Aus)
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2955
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: Bands you would like to see come aboard?

    by Malaka » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:29 pm

    Soulreaper wrote:Some of the bands I would really like to see added to the roster are...

    Rammstein
    Bolt Thrower
    Unleashed
    Vader
    Kreator
    Watain
    God Dethroned
    Rotting Christ
    Immortal
    Ihsahn
    Opeth
    Nile
    Suffocation
    My Dying Bride
    Skeletonwitch

    I know some would have scheduling conflicts because of other shows and what not, but it would still be great I think.


    Added 2 and Fixed 2. :beerwink: :beerhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    theRose
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by theRose » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:21 pm

    Please, please, please, add TURISAS and Children Of Bodom, and I'm in!
    And I mean it, my mom just told me: "If we're going to spend that mountain of money on that ship, they better have Turisas at least!"
    (Yeah, she's THAT awesome.) :viking:

    BTW: How about some Hevisaurus? DINO METAL FTW! :lol:
  • User avatar
    Soulreaper
    Oiler
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:51 am

    Re: Bands you would like to see come aboard?

    by Soulreaper » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:44 am

    SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    Soulreaper wrote:Some of the bands I would really like to see added to the roster are...

    Rammstein
    Bolt Thrower
    Unleashed
    Vader
    Kreator
    Watain
    God Dethroned
    Rotting Christ
    Immortal
    Ihsahn
    Opeth
    Nile
    Suffocation
    My Dying Bride
    Skeletonwitch

    I know some would have scheduling conflicts because of other shows and what not, but it would still be great I think.


    Added 2 and Fixed 2. :beerwink: :beerhorns:


    Hah, not cool...Could care less about seeing Rammstein and My Dying Bride though. Bolt Thrower would be awesome. Never got to see them.
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 am

    theRose wrote:Please, please, please, add TURISAS and Children Of Bodom, and I'm in!
    And I mean it, my mom just told me: "If we're going to spend that mountain of money on that ship, they better have Turisas at least!"
    (Yeah, she's THAT awesome.) :viking:

    BTW: How about some Hevisaurus? DINO METAL FTW! :lol:

    That is awesome!....My Mom never did anything like that for me......
    although I thought it was cool as shit back in the day that she knew all the words to the Diary of a Madman album...he he....yeah....I said album :party: :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    theRose
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by theRose » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 pm

    debborah1 wrote:
    theRose wrote:Please, please, please, add TURISAS and Children Of Bodom, and I'm in!
    And I mean it, my mom just told me: "If we're going to spend that mountain of money on that ship, they better have Turisas at least!"
    (Yeah, she's THAT awesome.) :viking:

    BTW: How about some Hevisaurus? DINO METAL FTW! :lol:

    That is awesome!....My Mom never did anything like that for me......
    although I thought it was cool as shit back in the day that she knew all the words to the Diary of a Madman album...he he....yeah....I said album :party: :headbanger:


    Moms can be pretty awesome indeed. I still can't believe she agreed to come. We still need to get some details settled (like the tickets to Miami) and we're pretty much in!

    What's wrong with saying album? I do too :(
    I even buy music! :lol:

    Oh, by the way, my Mom is asking for Avantasia too! Quite impossible though, but at least she wants a good one!
  • User avatar
    Element0s
    Midshipman
    Posts: 713
    Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm
    Location: Edmonton, AB
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Element0s » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:17 pm

    My mom and the mother of one of my cabin-mates were considering getting their own cabin on this cruise, they are big fans of Epica, Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Angra, Blind Guardian, Edguy, Avantasia, Pathosray and many of those other power/prog styled bands. I doubt they'll go through with it, though. :P
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

    GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Laura » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:22 am

    Element0s wrote:My mom and the mother of one of my cabin-mates were considering getting their own cabin on this cruise, they are big fans of Epica, Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Angra, Blind Guardian, Edguy, Avantasia, Pathosray and many of those other power/prog styled bands. I doubt they'll go through with it, though. :P


    I think this shows a real generational change - when I was younger, I COULD NOT have imagined liking the same music as or going to a gig with my parents :lol: - they barely got into Elvis or the Beatles much less the Stones, Aerosmith, Nugent, Van Halen, Zeppelin, Rush, and the like when I was growing up in the 70's. (they were always, and still are, primarily classical music and opera fanatics - at least I know where I get my passion for music from!) Anyway, I think a big part of the appeal of rock 'n roll for me and my friends back then was that it was SO different from what our parents listened to, the musicians were not that much older than we were, and it just seemed so down and dirty and rebellious - in other words - awesome!!

    Having said all that, I think it's very cool that many of you share musical tastes with your folks. My two girls aren't even teenagers yet, so time will tell what ends up being their musical taste when they are older....for now, it's all the pop stuff on the radio - which is fine with me; I 've even taken them to some pop shows. I don't try to push "my music" on them; for one, what little they know of it (I'm a closet metalhead at home :lol: ), they think is pretty weird (which I admit is true in some cases :beerhorns: :lol: :twisted: )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Max_Rockwell » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:17 pm

    I wouldn't mind a couple more death metal bands, or black metal bands added to the list.
    Maybe even a mix.

    Bring on Behemoth, Darkthrone, and Immortal.

    After that, I'm just praying for more power and folk metal.
    As cheesy as they've become, I have a feeling Nightwish will be on this boat.
    Could be way off though.
  • Diamond 5
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:28 pm
    Location: Orlando Fl

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Diamond 5 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 pm

    Goatwhore
    My Dying Bride
    Six Feet Under
    King Diamond
    Bolt Thrower
    Grave
    Fleshcrawl
    Deicide
    Dying Fetus
    Internal Bleeding
    SOD/MOD
    Celtic Frost
    Cannibal Corpse
    White Chapel
    Decapitated
  • ShreddinJ
    Oiler
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm
    Location: New Jersey

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by ShreddinJ » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 am

    How could I forget...Virgin Steele!!! That would be amazing.
    Wishlist: Edguy/Avantasia, Helloween, Jag Panzer, Virgin Steele, Overkill, Immortal, Primal Fear, Kreator, Accept, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Slough Feg, Lord (Aus)
  • User avatar
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 531
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Michaelage » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:56 pm

    I dong want to sound strange... But this topic is about genres... Not about bands that u want to see...

    In regard to genres i dong care what they give me as long its no new metal like THE band all shall perish makes...
    Image
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Captain Metal » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:01 am

    I would just like to go out on a limb here and say that, personally, I would like to see the genre of METAL represented.

    That is all :death:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 531
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Michaelage » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 am

    i can tottaly agree whot that:D

    cheers and back to bed for me:D
    Image
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:51 am

    Captain Metal wrote:I would just like to go out on a limb here and say that, personally, I would like to see the genre of METAL represented.

    That is all :death:

    HERE HERE CAPTAIN!.....and to Michaelage.......WHAT THE HELL DOES "DONG" HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING???
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 531
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Michaelage » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 am

    damn those ipad have a freaking bad spell sjecker... sowwwy:( me so sad now;O
    Image
  • User avatar
    Zirconia
    Crewman
    Posts: 54
    Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Zirconia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:54 pm

    We need some more Thrash Like DESTRUCTION!!!! :shred:
    2011, 2012, 2015 Survivor, BTH 2012 Survivor!!!! \m/\m/
  • User avatar
    theRose
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by theRose » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:55 pm

    Hey guys, forget everything I've said here. No Turisas please. And no Bodom.

    In fact, for the love of everything that's awesome, no more folk metal on the ship, please.

    Mission Failed, I won't be able to join you :(

    Hope you enjoy. You have a bunch of great bands aboard already, you don't need those two.
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:04 am

    that's a huge bummer! what's up?

    for my account turisas and bodom are very welcome
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    theRose
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by theRose » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:08 am

    The trip to Miami got WAY TOO expensive, and it ended up being a ridiculous amount of money. The plane tickets are even more expensive than the cruise, and the whole trip would be like $7500 :shock: (and that equals $30000 in our local currency!! Madness indeed. Totally unreachable.) If only the cruise was in March or something like that...

    We're still trying to find another option, but it's not likely that me and my epic Mom will be able to join you guys.

    Huge bummer indeed.
    So, no Turisas or Bodom, I'd die if they're there and I'm sitting at home in my stupid third world country while you're all partying on the ship of awesomeness :(

    *goes off to sit in a corner all alone, staring at the bottom of her soul, watching the night coming from the wiiindow, wiiiindow*
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by viathyn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:12 am

    theRose wrote:*goes off to sit in a corner all alone, staring at the bottom of her soul, watching the night coming from the wiiindow, wiiiindow*

    It'll all collapse tonight, fullmoon is here again...



    Seriously though, that sucks. Major bummer!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Disaster Area » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:29 am

    Don't think they have been mentioned yet but a young band with a truly AMAZING story, Acrassicauda, Iraq's fugative Metal band. If you haven't seen the documentary on their escape from Iraq by way of Syria and later Turkey, it is a fantastic story, it's called "Heavy Metal in Baghdad"
    linkeys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTJ1Ki4OM-g
    http://www.myspace.com/wwwacrassicaudas5com

    I would love see these guys on the boat!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Monmisreal » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:41 am

    Disaster Area wrote:Don't think they have been mentioned yet but a young band with a truly AMAZING story, Acrassicauda, Iraq's fugative Metal band. If you haven't seen the documentary on their escape from Iraq by way of Syria and later Turkey, it is a fantastic story, it's called "Heavy Metal in Baghdad"
    linkeys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTJ1Ki4OM-g
    http://www.myspace.com/wwwacrassicaudas5com

    I would love see these guys on the boat!


    I definitely agree. Randomly heard their song on a metal channel through my cable box and was impressed as hell. I still need to watch that documentary and hope to see them live someday. It would be cool to see them on the cruise but they would have some super short sets haha
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am

    Image
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Disaster Area » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:26 am

    less is more Deb...
    just sayin'
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:48 am

    Disaster Area wrote:less is more Deb...
    just sayin'

    Yeah.........keep tellin urself that Craig... ;) :D
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    theRose
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by theRose » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 am

    I agree with Deb. Those look like more than 40 so the line up would be totally covered of bands I don't like/haven't heard (don't hit me!). And then the pain of not going would decrease. A bit. :(

    So let's make Deb happy! :death:

    xD
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:00 am

    Thanks.....I just saw this and it pretty much covers every band I have either seen......or would like to on this cruise....he he hee....Now thats a party!

    BTW therose........so sorry to hear that you arent able to join us...... :cry:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    theRose
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by theRose » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 am

    debborah1 wrote:BTW therose........so sorry to hear that you arent able to join us...... :cry:


    Yeah, it sucks :(

    There's still a little glimmer of hope though, so let's keep our fingers crossed for a little longer. But at least we tried, and I know my Mom is the most awesome on Earth since she said: "If you want it that badly, then I won't let you miss it, if I have to go with you so you can be there, then I'll do it." not even liking metal. Ahhh... a Mother's love. :shred:

    So yeaaahh lots of those bands for you guys unless a miracle happens and I show up aboard :P
  • User avatar
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1765
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Azazel101 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:54 pm

    so many bands i would like too see again and genres
    Grindcore - allmighty Carcass, Pig Destroyer or Birdflesh
    Doom Metal - Cathedral or DOWN
    Classic DEath - Entombed or Morbid Angel
    NYHC - Sick Of It All or Agnostic Front
    Vicking Metal - Tursis or Evulitie
    Classic British metal - Moterhead or Maiden
    progmetal - Fates Warning
    Industrial/Goth - combichrist or God Modual
    Black Metal - Immortal or Dark Thorn
    headliners - Cradle Of Filth - Dimmur Borrag - Arch Enemy - Iron Maiden (Repeat) - Soulfly - Slayer
    or just for fun GWAR
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Max_Rockwell » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:20 pm

    Azazel101 wrote:so many bands i would like too see again and genres
    Grindcore - allmighty Carcass, Pig Destroyer or Birdflesh
    Doom Metal - Cathedral or DOWN
    Classic DEath - Entombed or Morbid Angel
    NYHC - Sick Of It All or Agnostic Front
    Vicking Metal - Tursis or Evulitie
    Classic British metal - Moterhead or Maiden
    progmetal - Fates Warning
    Industrial/Goth - combichrist or God Modual
    Black Metal - Immortal or Dark Thorn
    headliners - Cradle Of Filth - Dimmur Borrag - Arch Enemy - Iron Maiden (Repeat) - Soulfly - Slayer
    or just for fun GWAR



    I hope you typed this out while you were drunk, cause some of those band names are pretty off lol.
  • User avatar
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1765
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:50 am

    Yeah, i like drinking Beer :cheers:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • User avatar
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 596
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 am

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by soundcurve » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:14 am

    The bands that got me interested in this are Moonspell and Marduk so I'd love to see more Black Metal / "Gothic" Types.

    Samael
    Paradise Lost
    Katatonia
    Nachtmystium
    Agalloch
    Lord Belial
    Naglfar
    Rotting Christ
    Satyricon
    Secrets Of The Moon
    Tiamat
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2955
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Malaka » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:06 pm

    I just spoke with Sakis and he said if Rotting Christ is given an offer, they will do it! But they haven't recieved an offer yet. :? Same with Skeletonwitch.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1765
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Azazel101 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:26 am

    Samael or Tiamat would be rock

    been a huge fan of both from the start but have never seen either live
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • User avatar
    Ktulured55
    Ensign
    Posts: 1116
    Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Ktulured55 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:05 am

    soundcurve wrote:The bands that got me interested in this are Moonspell and Marduk so I'd love to see more Black Metal / "Gothic" Types.

    Samael
    Paradise Lost
    Katatonia
    Nachtmystium
    Agalloch
    Lord Belial
    Naglfar
    Rotting Christ
    Satyricon
    Secrets Of The Moon
    Tiamat


    Knowing SoundCurve.... I wouldn't mind seeing most of these bands. Been listening to Agalloch lately. AWESOME!!! Satyricon would be classic! Surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention Rotting Christ, though I haven't read every thread on here yet.

    However, this lineup so far seems to be very thrash and power oriented. I wouldn't mind more Death and Black of course (We do have Obituary and Marduk but could use more stuff).

    What we need is some HEAVIER BANDS!
    I like some groove and stuff that makes me want to go ape and headbang like my head will fall off:
    How about some NWOAM (New Wave of American Metal)
    For one.... please.....
    CHIMAIRA
    since Dino is already here, maybe some Divine Heresy... if you have never seen Tim Yeung play drums, you are missing the boat! hehe
    Lamb of God, Unearth, Trivium, All That Remains, After the Burial, Daath would be nice.....
    To bring on some REAL Heaviness, how about some Meshuggah or Whitechapel. I will go as insane as I will for Chimaira and Fear Factory.

    I agree with many on this forum to have My Dying Bride..... I am One Dying Fan to see them!!!
    Arch Enemy, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Katatonia, The Haunted, In Flames would be nice Swedish Additions
    any extra Death Metal is welcome as only Obituary is represending that genre right now. I would love to see Cannibal Corpse here.

    Any other fans of some Brutal Regular Metal METAL as listed above? WHAT SAY YOU?!?!??!? :shred:
    113591
    124581

    Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11106
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by ShoreSlayer » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:53 am

    Little drunken light bulb went on just now. Surprised I hadn't thought of it before... I'm sure many of you already had...

    Future 70K passengers will probably experience MANY more of this forum's regularly suggested bands/genres but, fact of the matter is, the organizers have likely worked real hard to deliver a primarily CLASSIC lineup for their first launch. It would make sense from so many perspectives. I hope I'm right and suspect (hope) we'll see 9 or 10 of the last 14 bands announced consist of older guys (&/or gals) that aren't likely to be available to tour 5 or 10 years from now.


    Won't be long now :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:41 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:Little drunken light bulb went on just now. Surprised I hadn't thought of it before... I'm sure many of you already had...

    Future 70K passengers will probably experience MANY more of this forum's regularly suggested bands/genres but, fact of the matter is, the organizers have likely worked real hard to deliver a primarily CLASSIC lineup for their first launch. It would make sense from so many perspectives. I hope I'm right and suspect (hope) we'll see 9 or 10 of the last 14 bands announced consist of older guys (&/or gals) that aren't likely to be available to tour 5 or 10 years from now.


    Won't be long now :headbanger:

    *******SHUDDDDERRR***** ur scaring me Penguin :shock:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 227
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:02 pm
    Location: New York

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Dark Dreams » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:41 pm

    debborah1 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Little drunken light bulb went on just now. Surprised I hadn't thought of it before... I'm sure many of you already had...

    Future 70K passengers will probably experience MANY more of this forum's regularly suggested bands/genres but, fact of the matter is, the organizers have likely worked real hard to deliver a primarily CLASSIC lineup for their first launch. It would make sense from so many perspectives. I hope I'm right and suspect (hope) we'll see 9 or 10 of the last 14 bands announced consist of older guys (&/or gals) that aren't likely to be available to tour 5 or 10 years from now.


    Won't be long now :headbanger:

    *******SHUDDDDERRR***** ur scaring me Penguin :shock:


    Don't talk about getting old and dying and shit like that.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11106
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 am

    Dark Dreams wrote:Don't talk about getting old and dying and shit like that.

    lol... just an fyi (and I cleared this up with Debb via PM after her post above)... I was referring to artists and bands who are close to retiring or doing their last tours, not ones that are so old they'll be dead in 5 or 10 years :lol:

    That being said, don't kid yourself, none of us have any guarantees beyond today :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 470 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: meshuggah and 34 guests