Post Reply 466 posts
Genres you want to see represented
  • Filius Luciferi
    Wiper

Re: Genres you want to see represented

by Filius Luciferi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Okay, time to get serious. Now, if we could just get Emperor to briefly reform for one more show, that would be great. Or, at the very least, get Ihsahn there to perform his solo stuff. I would also like to see the following bands:

Akercocke, Negura Bunget, 1349, Secrets of the Moon, Taake, Watain, Satyricon, Absu, Belphegor, Enslaved, Krallice, Gorgoroth, Glorior Belli, Marduk, Funeral Mist (that would be a two-fer with Marduk), Forgotten Tomb, Shining/Den Saakaldte, Mayhem, Immortal (which would be really cool since they're newly-reformed and all), Behemoth, Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, My Dying Bride, Draconian, Amorphis, Evergrey, Nevermore, Baroness, Nile, etc.

And I totally agree with getting King Diamond, with the stipulation that the band has to perform the "Abigail" album in its entirety. And they have to bring back Michael Denner, Timi Hansen, and Mikey Dee, which probably means that we need Motorhead, too. :death:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 pm

King Diamond is still recovering from his back injury and can't tour/travel.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:36 am

KevinP wrote:King Diamond is still recovering from his back injury and can't tour/travel.

For how long?
    I believe this was some time ago and the cruise is 10 months from now........
  • ImmanuelCunt666
    Wiper

by ImmanuelCunt666 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:58 am

Thrash

Tankard, Exodus, Death Angel, Hatred, Fueled By Fire

Heavy Metal

Iced Earth, Cage, Rage

Death Metal

Misery Index, Unleashed, Vader
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:36 am

Chopper wrote:
    KevinP wrote:King Diamond is still recovering from his back injury and can't tour/travel.

For how long?

My thoughts exactly... still? The only other time I had the opportunity to see King Diamond, it was cancelled due to Visa problems I believe. DAMMIT.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:49 am

Chopper wrote:

For how long?

His surgery was in 2008 I think. Tom Araya had back surgery in February and is on tour in May of THIS year.

Why don't you email his management and find out. :|
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:38 am

If i remember correctly King Diamonad did make a statement a fair while ago that the surgey was a sucess and he was still recovering but i think he had planned to be back on the road this year.
    He was also talking about a possible New Mercyful fate album.
    Speaking of which he did perform a Mercyful fate live with Metallica on stage last year.Sure he probably wasn't 100% fit but i'd say by this stage he's grand.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am

70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:55 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Chopper wrote:

For how long?

His surgery was in 2008 I think. Tom Araya had back surgery in February and is on tour in May of THIS year.

Why don't you email his management and find out. :|

Too bad we didnt have Kings email or better yet his doctors.

Im going out on a limb here, this was one of my requested bands off Facebook. Im betting King Diamond will be one of the Headliners if not Mercyful Fate. :death:
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:24 am

I hope you are right!

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 am

I hope so too.
    Have always wanted to see King Live.
    sideways
    Petty Officer

by sideways » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

the King would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaantasic.

on another note, how about some Girlschool :lol: :twisted:
  • Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm

I seriously doubt the King would ever want to be stuck on a cruise ship for 4 days...
  • audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Captain Metal wrote:From my end of things, I haven't asked any bands if they are playing, just simply contacting some I'd like to see make it on the bill and pointing them in the right direction. Honestly, some of them don't even know about this cruise and were interested to learn more. I was also told (by the people organizing this) that it was perfectly fine for me to put bands in contact with them for that very reason. They may have a list of bands, but some of them might not end up doing it, so it's good to have options. Just trying to contribute to the greater good :headbanger:

I did the same thing. I contacted a couple of bands that I really like just to let them know about the cruise. Just for the record, they had all already applied so it didn't matter. :mrgreen:
    I personally didn't feel that there was anything wrong with that.
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm not sure King Diamond would play something like this simply because he's a bit germaphobic. Being confined on a cruise ship with that many people, might be a bit much for him. Now keep in mind that the reason he's like that is because he worries about getting sick and not being able to sing. Now if this were more a one off thing at that time, and he doesn't have any immediate commitments afterwards to sing, then perhaps there's a chance.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Captain Metal wrote:I'm not sure King Diamond would play something like this simply because he's a bit germaphobic. Being confined on a cruise ship with that many people, might be a bit much for him. Now keep in mind that the reason he's like that is because he worries about getting sick and not being able to sing. Now if this were more a one off thing at that time, and he doesn't have any immediate commitments afterwards to sing, then perhaps there's a chance.

Alas, you give me some glimmer of hope. :D

DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 am

Seems like I might be one of the few who'd like to see more female fronted bands like Leaves' Eyes, Tristania, Midnattsol and Nightwish.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Nihtwish are terrible since they hired that pop singer into the band.She doesn't seem to have any idea of what metal is about.
    As for Leaves Eyes i reluctantly went to see them at a one day festival in France.Promised a friend i'd get the train with him to Switzerland for it.And i have to say that live they are a lot heavier than on cd and i kinda enjoyed their set.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 pm

I would love Leaves Eyes to play. I have a mega crush on Liv Kristine. I was literally awestruck when Theater of Tragedy played Dynamo 98.....she was so awesome. Esp. when she did "send me an angel" with atrocity.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 pm

I thought it was funny when they played a song called irish Rain and was thinking 'Have they ever actually been to Ireland' ? :P
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 pm

:lol: isnt that a us soap? oh wait that is Irish Spring! those blokes have probably never been either.......lol

Happy St Patricks Day! We are having Corned beef and Cabbage and beer for dinner
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 pm

Haha cheers.
    It's only 8pm and i've already heard about 10 police sirens.
    I never get atacked in my town but i'm curious who did get into fights tonight :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Pub brawl! hahahahahaah I would rather do the Pub Crawl and then come home and make love to the furniture....I did that on new years. tripped over a little wooden chair and totally flew through the air and hit my head on the wall and then down to the floor I went. I had bruises everywhere...........fun. :viking:
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 am

just reiterating that i want black metal bands to come hahah
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    reddevil
    Oiler

by reddevil » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:17 am

DrAmygdala wrote:Seems like I might be one of the few who'd like to see more female fronted bands like Leaves' Eyes, Tristania, Midnattsol and Nightwish.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELAIN from the netherlands
    reddevil
    Oiler

by reddevil » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:24 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I would love Leaves Eyes to play. I have a mega crush on Liv Kristine. I was literally awestruck when Theater of Tragedy played Dynamo 98.....she was so awesome. Esp. when she did "send me an angel" with atrocity.

atrocity is awfull, send them to mooooooooooooooooooon and liv kristine, okay just for you she can stay in the luggage room of our cruiser but keep her away from the stage :twisted:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:29 am

At risk of being tossed overboard before we leave port, is there room for a hair metal band or two on this thing or would they fear being the butt of too many jokes (or thrown over with me) for five days and nights?

I admit, my tastes are pretty insanely ecclectic but I wouldn't mind seeing some I'd never seen before like Cinderella (more of the rockers and not so many ballads though)or Skid Row (Slave to the Grind was a fave of mine for a while).

There, I said it! Flame on :twisted:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:35 am

reddevil wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:I would love Leaves Eyes to play. I have a mega crush on Liv Kristine. I was literally awestruck when Theater of Tragedy played Dynamo 98.....she was so awesome. Esp. when she did "send me an angel" with atrocity.

atrocity is awfull, send them to mooooooooooooooooooon and liv kristine, okay just for you she can stay in the luggage room of our cruiser but keep her away from the stage :twisted:

Seen atrocity live and they were pretty bad alright.
    The only thing of interest about their concert was the 2 smei clothed females they had dancing in cages :P
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:At risk of being tossed overboard before we leave port, is there room for a hair metal band or two on this thing ...

Yes, I'm quoting myself... lame, I know.

Just wanted to say that I was half joking when I posted this. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing these bands someplace sometime. But I don't REALLY want that genre represented on this trip. Hair bands are really more hard rock than metal and this gig is really more for true metal bands.

So, yeah, comment rescinded :oops:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:50 am

I think if anything, were Steel Panther to be included, then you'd get your wish in a form I think we all might find entertaining
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

Please no, NO NO NO! I hate nostalgia bands such as Steel Panther and The Darkness. They need to go away and have their own "rock out with your cock out" cruise. I would for sure get seasick if Steel Panther were on the bill.

Yeah Atrocity played before TOT in 98 and they were horrid alright but I like some of their studio stuff. Esp the Werk 80 album. :)
    bestialbekah
    Crewman

by bestialbekah » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

AGREED. I DO NOT want to see bands like that, I don't have any interest to really ever, let alone something as sick as this cruise! It would almost be insulting to the other bands that are included on this cruise already let alone the headliners to come...
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:34 am

Aye agreed.
    Having them booked would make a mockery of the whole cruise.
    It's sad enough that they get major spots in metal festivals considering they are a pub band.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:55 am

Ha ha, now that got a resounding NO. I could care less if they were play or not. I figured if something of this sort were to occur, then best to contain it to one band, namely the one I mentioned :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 am

:lol: I would rather have Tom Cruise singing bob seger in his underwear (right before SODOM played) than Steel Panther. I saw a video of theirs and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. I was like 'is this some sort of joke?????"
    bestialbekah
    Crewman

by bestialbekah » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:22 am

DrAmygdala wrote:Seems like I might be one of the few who'd like to see more female fronted bands like Leaves' Eyes, Tristania, Midnattsol and Nightwish.

I'm not big on female fronted bands at all really. There are some with chicks just IN them that are pretty good. :p
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 am

Thats exactly what the video is.A joke :roll:
    Also if you listen to 'Death to all but metal' it's a combination of famous parts in Whitesnake and Guns and Roses songs thrown together.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 am

bestialbekah wrote:

I'm not big on female fronted bands at all really. There are some with chicks just IN them that are pretty good. :p

Arkona and Warlock is what you want ;)
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 am

Actually, they are completely not serious. So yeah, it kinda is a joke. The guitar player in that band (Russ Parrish) used to be in Fight, and the singer used to be in a well known Van Halen tribute band called the Atomic Punks.

Now if you were talking about the REAL Tom Cruise doing that, well I could only accept that if he had a couch to jump up and down on while he did it...and then throw him overboard :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 pm

I do not even like TC. But Tropic Thunder he was brilliant in.....

I wish i could change my user name to Blizzard Beast. :(
Post Reply 466 posts