Post Reply 470 posts
Genres you want to see represented
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Genres you want to see represented

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:37 am

Metalwrath wrote:Manowar aren't gonna happen.Sorry to tell you bro.
    Probably same with Iron Maiden for cost reasons.
    As for W.A.S.P yeah they are cheap enough to book but the issue is that they will have to be with 2000 fans and as you know as much as i fucking love W.A.S.P Blackly Lawless is not a people person.He's been a dick to the fans and promoters and always will be.

yeah well so has Dave Mustaine and Geoff Tate of Queensryche. Tate is a total prick. I hate that dude. But I love QR..

If W.A.S.P. are booked, I say everyone ignore Blacky on the cruise. Then his attention ego would be crushed. :lol:

The funniest thing I have EVER seen posted about the cruise was on the cruise's facebook page some idiot said "Get Bathory booked". buhwahahahahah, that person should be HUNG, DRAWN, & QUARTERED!!!!!!!!!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Hayah
    Wiper

by Hayah » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:02 am

W.A.S.P. is coming to Monterrey this april the 23th. We all know Blacky, and he is a dick, but well we happens to love W.A.S.P. so there's not much to said here.
    Any ways love to see W.A.S.P. on the cruise. And by the way i dont like Megadeath...because of Mustaine.

Manowar is always hard to get, but my question here is, why you said is not gonna happen? Money reasons?

Maiden ive seen them twice here in Monterrey so.

The ones ive never seen, Slayer, Arch Enemy, Hammerfall, Destruction & Ignitor, hope that 70000 tons booked them.

And get a mexican band, IRA.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:11 am

Manowar is because of Money reasons and also these days they charge people an ultimate fan package cost to hang around with them and shit.
    like i've said before they are my favourite band but at the same time i know what kind of charges they have for festivals and concerts.
    Another reason is that Joey would probably refuse to play the gig if the Sound was not to his standards and believe me it does cost a lot for them to play at that volume with such a clear sound.
    I think they may be playing a concert this year in South AMerica on the Death to Infidels tour
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:22 am

While I like Manowar, the fact of the matter is they couldn't sell out a living room here in the USA. Europe goes nuts for them, but Americans could care less. Grantd this cruise will be heavy on internationals so I guess it would work.

I've never seen them so would welcome their presence, even if I got a chuckle out of it. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 am

I saw them twice in January this year in capacities of under 5000 people.
    They are a huge band these days.But not for 65 euro a gig and when you play about 15 gigs in Germany as a tour you can never really expect to get full cpaacity for that price.
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:01 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Death Metal- Suffocation, Krisiun, Vader, Morbid Angel, Bloodbath, Destroyer 666

Black Metal- Immortal, Watain, Dark Funeral, Marduk, Mayhem, VENOM!

Power Metal- Rage, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Kamelot, Blind Guardian,

Thrash Metal- Destruction, Kreator, Tankard, Assassin

Hard Rock/Heavy Metal- Motorhead, The Devil's Blood, The Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater,

Folk Metal- None please

This is close to what my list would be. Agreed.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:04 pm

KevinP wrote:While I like Manowar, the fact of the matter is they couldn't sell out a living room here in the USA. Europe goes nuts for them, but Americans could care less. Grantd this cruise will be heavy on internationals so I guess it would work.

I've never seen them so would welcome their presence, even if I got a chuckle out of it. :mrgreen:

I think it's the same for any melodic American band. I would also mention Symphony X or Dream Theater.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:30 pm

audrey wrote:I would very much like to see Mors Principium Est as well. I have never seen them live!

I haven't seen them either and I think the likelihood of them coming to Australia is quite slim. More chance of getting them on a boat, I'm sure!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:53 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Death Metal- Suffocation, Krisiun, Vader, Morbid Angel, Bloodbath, Destroyer 666

Hard Rock/Heavy Metal- Motorhead, The Devil's Blood, The Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater,

Folk Metal- None please

Cool... Well I would like Eluveitie booked. Because the girls in that band are utter HOTNESS

:lol: The one grinds her organ! I know you could care less. lol
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:59 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:[
    Cool... Well I would like Eluveitie booked. Because the girls in that band are utter HOTNESS

I like their folk aspects but I can't stomach all the Gothernberg sounding drivel.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:00 pm

bestialbekah wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:
    HitemHard wrote:Slipknot
    Down
    Deftones
    Soulfly
    Motorhead
    Probot

Just to name a few.

:cool:

None of these bands please.
    Except maybe Motorhead.

:shock: omg, hell no, none of those bands please, and I agree maybe Motorhead. ;)

I have to second this. Even if I liked Slipknot and the Deftones etc..., I can see them in the states. If we are spending this kind of money I am gonna see bands that we will probably NEVER have the opportunity to see again.

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:03 pm

What is the time frame when we will know all 40 bands? Is it 1 per week or are they simply announced as they are signed?

Should be expect more heavy hitters ala Amon Amarth & Obituary ?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:23 pm

KevinP wrote:What is the time frame when we will know all 40 bands? Is it 1 per week or are they simply announced as they are signed?

Should be expect more heavy hitters ala Amon Amarth & Obituary ?

For now they are doing 1 per week at a time. But you must remember....

The HEADLINERS have yet to be announced!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:31 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:[For now they are doing 1 per week at a time. But you must remember....

The HEADLINERS have yet to be announced!!

I did not know that, thanks. Frankly I can't think of who would be bigger in stature than Obituary that I would personally be super excited to see.
    Bands like Dismember, Grave, My Dying Bride, Bolt Thrower, Hail of Bullets, Gorefest, Bloodbath would be lower or the same. Morbid Angel you could say would be slighter higher in the pecking order though.

I really would like to see lots of European bands since who the heck knows when I'll get over there. But having Slayer, Motorhead or someone of their ilk doesn't appeal to me (at least not at this time).

I just hope we don't see stuff like Black Dahlia Murder, Job for a Cowboy or Trivium anywhere near this ship. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:57 pm

I think a lot of surprises are under their hat. what will happen, is it will sell out and then people will be frantically trying to get on the ship........
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:58 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I think a lot of surprises are under their hat. what will happen, is it will sell out and then people will be frantically trying to get on the ship........

ahhh stow aways.

I heard one of the headliners will be released when the public sales start. which will be soon.
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:11 am

My wish list would be.

AMON AMARTH
    Moonspell

Immortal
    Lamb of God
    Motorhead
    Testament
    Paradise lost
    Volbeat
    Foo fighters
    The cult

And the ultimate but unlikely names

Iron Maiden
    Slayer
    Black Sabbath
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:28 am

Foo Fighters can fuck off.
    This is a metal cruise not a kiddy cruise.
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 am

Foo might not be that much metal,but still a great hard rock band(and great live),and by far more metal than Sonata Artica and Stratovarius....

I have seen all of the bands in my post live, most more than once,and also seen Sonata Artica live(graspop metal meeting belgium 2007),and they wouldnt even make it as a childrens birthday Band ;)

But that is the thing,opinions vary
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:05 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    CharleneThrashes wrote:

Folk Metal- None please

Hey, I'm all for a woman knowing how to work an instrument. I actually happen to have a huge thing for Tori Amos, and that woman has been humping and grinding her keys for years now. You know what you like, and you like some grinding! Haha.

Just a small wish list, but not limited to:

Artillery, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Helloween, Alestorm (I wanna see what they bring to the stage) , Kreator (particularly for my husband) , Motorhead, Testament, Kamelot... Metal Church I think is no longer?, I kinda have a thing for Into Eternity, MOST CERTAINLY King Diamond, I have a thing for Steve Grimmet too, Annihilator, definitely Overkill.....

I guess you could say my heart mostly lives for power and thrash.

And as for whoever asked for Bathory to be booked?!? Now, I am not an "expert" to the level that many of you are, but I swear on my bowl of raisan bran that if somebody like THAT gets onboard and I do not, then I will wreak havoc all over my town out of sheer pissed-offness. (And I'm not a violent person ever.) That is all. ;)

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:34 am

Not sure if this does anything or not, but I emailed Michael of Artillery to see if they were asked or had any interest in this event.

I never had the good fortune of seeing Artillery and I would love to, BUT Fleming is no longer with the band. Granted the music is still insanely awesome, but Fleming's voice is unmatched IMNSHO. It's like dating a supermodel for 20 years and then being told you have to snuggle up to the girl in the movie "Precious".

IE - it's hard to stomach.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 am

awwww dont be a hater charlene :(
    nuttin wrong with bathory
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 am

bangers wrote:awwww dont be a hater charlene :(
    nuttin wrong with bathory

It comes off as if I am hating and I apologize for that because I am not against the music. But what I meant was that Quorthon is deceased and unless I am way out of the loop, they are not together.

bestialbekah
    Crewman

by bestialbekah » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:40 am

Yeah...a little hard for Bathory to do anything when Quorthon is dead...
    bestialbekah
    Crewman

by bestialbekah » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 am

Brutality! :headbanger:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 am

Picture it. "Metal Cruise thru Vahalla", "Bathory playing their first proper live show opening with "A Fine Day to Die"

:shred: :shred:

HAIL QUORTHON!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:03 am

Actually they are doing a Bathory tribute gig at the Metalfest festivals in Europe with a lineup from loads of famous bands.Think the singer from Primordial is one of the people involved.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Actually they are doing a Bathory tribute gig at the Metalfest festivals in Europe with a lineup from loads of famous bands.Think the singer from Primordial is one of the people involved.

yup and watain are or recently have played a gig where they played 1 hour of bathory tribute and then an hour of original material. I love that band.
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:47 pm

i would rather see emperor play "a fine day to die"
    one can only dream i guess
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 am

Well, if Katatonia ends up on this thing (as some have here clamored for), you might want to thank my girlfriend for her part in that. She actually got in contact with their manager directly, and he knew nothing of the cruise. He was however quite interested in getting in contact with the organizers to possibly get Katatonia booked. He also happens to be Opeth's manager, and although he stated that Opeth wouldn't play something like this, you have to consider that anything can be negotiated for a price. At this point, Opeth is iffy, but Katatonia is a more distinct possibility. We shall see...
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 am

Bolt Thrower's management emailed me to say they will not be playing this cruise. Oh well :(
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 am

Should we really be harrassing bands and their management and asking them if they are going to play the cruise? The bands are being booked as they get announced.

Not only that, but if a band singed a confidentialty agreement, then they are under contract not to tell anyone they are playing until the cruise has announced it first...........

so you cannot just email, pm, etc a band and ask if they are playing the cruise, because they cannot tell you unless they are already confirmed and its listed up on the site

Thank you for your time
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:11 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Should we really be harrassing bands and their management and asking them if they are going to play the cruise? The bands are being booked as they get announced.

Not only that, but if a band singed a confidentialty agreement, then they are under contract not to tell anyone they are playing until the cruise has announced it first...........

so you cannot just email, pm, etc a band and ask if they are playing the cruise, because they cannot tell you unless they are already confirmed and its listed up on the site

Thank you for your time

good point.

I thinks its ok to request them, but the bottom line is up to the skipper and the management.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 pm

To be honest it's not just that.
    There's people who are in charge of booking the bands for this cruise and i personally don't think it's anybodies business asking bands about playing the cruise when not asked or approved to by the people responsible.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Thank you. I work with bands and have booked a few bands here and there, and have friends in the business. . So I know how it works. I also know how busy band mangers are. It's one job that I could not be paid to do....
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Cheers!

We need to add some drinking smilies!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:39 pm

I meant no malintent. I just emailed a few of the bands I realy like and would want to see live to make them aware of the event.

I'm not asking anyone to break any agreements and they could simply ignore my email if they couldn't answer. I don't see the harm in management telling me they ain't playing the event. No harm no foul.

Most of the time its the band members answering the email anyways. I don't have any midas touch or "pull" with anybody, but if I'm able to alert a band about the event, maybe they could end up playing.

To me that is a good thing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Well, if Katatonia ends up on this thing (as some have here clamored for), you might want to thank my girlfriend for her part in that. She actually got in contact with their manager directly, and he knew nothing of the cruise. He was however quite interested in getting in contact with the organizers to possibly get Katatonia booked. He also happens to be Opeth's manager, and although he stated that Opeth wouldn't play something like this, you have to consider that anything can be negotiated for a price. At this point, Opeth is iffy, but Katatonia is a more distinct possibility. We shall see...

This is exactly my mindset. I sent an email to Peaceville Records to let them know I would love to see some of their bands play the event.

Not every band/manager/label automatically knows about the event, so if we "clue them in" about it, maybe, just maybe we can get some of our favorites to play.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Metallion
    Oiler

by Metallion » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Well, if Katatonia ends up on this thing (as some have here clamored for), you might want to thank my girlfriend for her part in that. She actually got in contact with their manager directly, and he knew nothing of the cruise. He was however quite interested in getting in contact with the organizers to possibly get Katatonia booked. He also happens to be Opeth's manager, and although he stated that Opeth wouldn't play something like this, you have to consider that anything can be negotiated for a price. At this point, Opeth is iffy, but Katatonia is a more distinct possibility. We shall see...

I will definitely buy your girl friend a beer if Katatonia gets booked haha. They are one of my favorite bands. While I like the line up so far. There isn't a band that is making me say FUCK YES!!!! yet. Can't wait to see who else is on board. It's kind of cool that they are releasing one band at a time, but at the same time I just want to know all 40 now! haha.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:37 pm

From my end of things, I haven't asked any bands if they are playing, just simply contacting some I'd like to see make it on the bill and pointing them in the right direction. Honestly, some of them don't even know about this cruise and were interested to learn more. I was also told (by the people organizing this) that it was perfectly fine for me to put bands in contact with them for that very reason. They may have a list of bands, but some of them might not end up doing it, so it's good to have options. Just trying to contribute to the greater good :headbanger:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
Post Reply 470 posts