Post Reply 470 posts
Genres you want to see represented
  • User avatar
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am
    Location: North Hollywood CA

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Tribute bands can fuck off.
    I don't want to see any more of that kind of talk for the cruise.
    Also Six Feet Under are shit.


    i think these guys are great

    http://truemetal.org/battle/nhpwelcome.html
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

    2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • User avatar
    metalnick666
    Oiler
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by metalnick666 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 pm

    so far there are a lot of good thrash and power metal bands
    i would like to see a bit more diversity on the death and black metal side of things

    immortal
    destroyer 666
    misery index
    watain
    hail of bullets
    lock up
    malevolent creation
    god dethroned
    hate
    gwar!
    monstrosity
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Disaster Area » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 pm

    metalnick666 wrote:so far there are a lot of good thrash and power metal bands
    i would like to see a bit more diversity on the death and black metal side of things

    immortal
    destroyer 666
    misery index
    watain
    hail of bullets
    lock up
    malevolent creation
    god dethroned
    hate
    gwar!
    monstrosity


    Welcome, now please go brood in the corner with your Black Metal friends lacunabliss, KevinP and Evican, they could use some cheering up. :lol: :heavydrink:

    YES on GWAR though
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:45 pm

    I second that for GWAR!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    metalnick666
    Oiler
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by metalnick666 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:53 pm

    oh i like all metal. i need no corner :]

    ....accept would be pretty awesome too....
  • User avatar
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am
    Location: North Hollywood CA

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:57 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:
    metalnick666 wrote:so far there are a lot of good thrash and power metal bands
    i would like to see a bit more diversity on the death and black metal side of things

    immortal
    destroyer 666
    misery index
    watain
    hail of bullets
    lock up
    malevolent creation
    god dethroned
    hate
    gwar!
    monstrosity


    Welcome, now please go brood in the corner with your Black Metal friends lacunabliss, KevinP and Evican, they could use some cheering up. :lol: :heavydrink:

    YES on GWAR MONSTROSITY MALEVOLENT CREATION though


    fixed for "Black Metal"/ watchability. :D
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

    2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Disaster Area » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:03 pm

    metalnick666 wrote:oh i like all metal. i need no corner :]

    ....accept would be pretty awesome too....


    Hey, were you at the Accept gig at the Key club last month?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    metalnick666
    Oiler
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by metalnick666 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 pm

    yes i was. it was pretty damn awesome
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Disaster Area » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:11 pm

    metalnick666 wrote:yes i was. it was pretty damn awesome


    I have some great pics posted over in last gig / next gig thread. You going GWAR next week? I am hitting the show in Ventura since it is all ages and I can take my 13 yr old.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    metalnick666
    Oiler
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by metalnick666 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:19 pm

    eh probably not. ive seen them several times and the support bands arent as good as theyve been the last two tours. i prefer to at least two of three bands haha.
    my friends band, voices of ruin, is opening for watain/goatwhore so ill be there. other than that, ill probably catch forbidden and joe satriani
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by debborah1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 pm

    metalnick666 wrote:eh probably not. ive seen them several times and the support bands arent as good as theyve been the last two tours. i prefer to at least two of three bands haha.
    my friends band, voices of ruin, is opening for watain/goatwhore so ill be there. other than that, ill probably catch forbidden and joe satriani

    Forbidden for sure! ;) :headbanger: :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2955
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Malaka » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:51 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:
    metalnick666 wrote:so far there are a lot of good thrash and power metal bands
    i would like to see a bit more diversity on the death and black metal side of things

    immortal
    destroyer 666
    misery index
    watain
    hail of bullets
    lock up
    malevolent creation
    god dethroned
    hate
    gwar!
    monstrosity


    Welcome, now please go brood in the corner with your Black Metal friends lacunabliss, KevinP and Evican, they could use some cheering up. :lol: :heavydrink:

    YES on GWAR though



    Don't forget myself and tyrwoman too! :D :lol: :D :beerhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Disaster Area » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:37 pm

    no no, you guys complain far less then those three grumblers :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by KevinP » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:Welcome, now please go brood in the corner with your Black Metal friends lacunabliss, KevinP and Evican, they could use some cheering up. :lol: :heavydrink:

    YES on GWAR though


    Please remember that I'm not that much of a black metal fan. I'm like the Dos Equis guy, I don't normally listen to black metal, but when I do, I choose Marduk.

    I liked Gwar during the Scumdogs of the Universe days, great album, and getting to see Gwar woman shoot vaginal blood in your face was always fun. Alas, she is no longer in the band. :cry: :cry: :cry: I remember getting to see her without makeup before a show on that tour in some small club and getting all excited. Ah, those were the days :lol: :lol:

    Now some Manowar lyrics for ya:

    All men play on 10
    Never gonna turn down again
    All men play on 10
    Power metal plays on 3.5

    Disaster Area wrote:o no, you guys complain far less then those three grumblers :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Tyrwoman is too busy tripping out to Alan Parsons Project and searching for new bands featuring the "tin whistle". Otherwise she would whine and complain like the rest of us. She is a broad afterall :P :P :P
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Disaster Area » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 pm

    KevinP wrote:Tyrwoman is too busy tripping out to Alan Parsons Project and searching for new bands featuring the "tin whistle". Otherwise she would whine and complain like the rest of us. She is a broad afterall :P :P :P


    ^made me spit beer on my f'ing keyboard^
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2955
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Malaka » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:15 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Tyrwoman is too busy tripping out to Alan Parsons Project and searching for new bands featuring the "tin whistle". Otherwise she would whine and complain like the rest of us. She is a broad afterall :P :P :P


    ^made me spit beer on my f'ing keyboard^


    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man, that's sig material... F that, it's tattoo material. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    :cheers:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Laura » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:55 am

    KevinP wrote:Tyrwoman is too busy tripping out to Alan Parsons Project and searching for new bands featuring the "tin whistle". Otherwise she would whine and complain like the rest of us. :P :P :P


    Ok...as much as I hate to admit it, Kev, that statement is both very funny and shockingly insightful :shock: :lol:
    And lol - the Alan "Eye In the Sky" Parsons Project - fantastic!!! This calls for my 1000th linkey:
    APP LIVE in 1995!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R0NWL0Ff_k

    Disaster Area wrote:You going GWAR next week? I am hitting the show in Ventura since it is all ages and I can take my 13 yr old.


    Ugh!! You're going to take your 13 year old BOY to GWAR? :lol: :lol: Well, I took my now 13 year old GIRL (then 11) in summer 2009 to see Metro Station - just a different kinda weird I suppose? :lol:
    Metro Station? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wjFahULCK8 Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake IT! One of the greatest dance songs ever written imo!!
    Image
    or GWAR???
    Image
    Last edited by Laura on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by KevinP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:29 am

    tyrwoman wrote:Ok...as much as I hate to admit it, Kev, that statement is both very funny and shockingly insightful :shock: :lol:
    And lol - the Alan "Eye In the Sky" Parsons Project - fantastic!!! This calls for my 1000th linkey:
    APP LIVE in 1995!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R0NWL0Ff_k



    I saw APP live 2-3 years ago at the Delray Beach Garlic Festival (or was it Fort Lauderdale ?), played almost 2 hours and was really good.
    Eeven better, it was FREE :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:54 am

    GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

    off course :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • cg138
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 237
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Pompano Beach, FL

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by cg138 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:58 am

    Metro station? Pretty aptly named band, considering the picture.
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Stained Class » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:30 pm

    Melodic Death Metal!
    Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Omnium Gatherum, myGRAIN, Arch Enemy, Kalmah

    Prog/ Prog Power
    Symphony X, Pagan's Mind, Mercenary, Kiuas, Orden Ogan, Myrath, Dir En Grey, Cynthesis
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 647
    Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 am
    Location: Nashville, TN

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by shaneos » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:30 pm

    Holy Necro-Thread Batman :lol:
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Stained Class » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:36 am

    Oh wtf i didnt even realise this was from november, It showed up under new posts, probly cuso f that spambot. WEIRD!!
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by WizardBeast » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:42 pm

    Tech or proggy stuff would be awesome.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2015
    Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:24 pm
    Location: Bigfoot Country

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by cycosurgeon » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:05 am

    WizardBeast wrote:Tech or proggy stuff would be awesome.


    I would like to see a 'True Metal' band, since the cruise hasn't had one yet.

    Someone along the lines of Manowar, Wizard, Sacred Steel, Battlerage, Skelator, Metalucifer, Premonition, Steel Lord, King Leoric , Hellish War, Stormwarrior, Majesty, Pegazus, IronSword, Terasbetoni, Hellhound, Skullview, Steelpreacher, and any other band who has lots of hyper catchy songs about heavy metal itself or being a metalhead.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

    ...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
  • User avatar
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 647
    Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 am
    Location: Nashville, TN

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by shaneos » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:13 am

    cycosurgeon wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:Tech or proggy stuff would be awesome.


    I would like to see a 'True Metal' band, since the cruise hasn't had one yet.

    Someone along the lines of Manowar, Wizard, Sacred Steel, Battlerage, Skelator, Metalucifer, Premonition, Steel Lord, King Leoric , Hellish War, Stormwarrior, Majesty, Pegazus, IronSword, Terasbetoni, Hellhound, Skullview, Steelpreacher, and any other band who has lots of hyper catchy songs about heavy metal itself or being a metalhead.


    White Wizzard perhaps? I'd be happy with that.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by WizardBeast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 am

    shaneos wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:Tech or proggy stuff would be awesome.


    I would like to see a 'True Metal' band, since the cruise hasn't had one yet.

    Someone along the lines of Manowar, Wizard, Sacred Steel, Battlerage, Skelator, Metalucifer, Premonition, Steel Lord, King Leoric , Hellish War, Stormwarrior, Majesty, Pegazus, IronSword, Terasbetoni, Hellhound, Skullview, Steelpreacher, and any other band who has lots of hyper catchy songs about heavy metal itself or being a metalhead.


    White Wizzard perhaps? I'd be happy with that.


    Manowar is by far the most "legendary" of this list....if you're not into metal, you are not my friend!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by WizardBeast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:30 am

    i would like to see some more stuff like Satyricon and Enslaved announced!!!!!! :death:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21180
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by mooyagi » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:36 am

    WizardBeast wrote:i would like to see some more stuff like Satyricon and Enslaved announced!!!!!! :death:


    Satyricon - No
    Enslaved - :beerhorns: :beerhorns: :beerhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 616
    Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 am
    Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

    Re: Genres you want to see represented

    by Jebus_Cripes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:00 am

    Nicolas0928 wrote:MELODIC DEATH METAL !!!


    This is what I like to see :viking:
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
Post Reply 470 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amalu and 28 guests