Post Reply 228 posts
List some epic moments...
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 115
    Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:05 am
    Location: Vancouver, BC

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by kaluviva » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:16 am

    gnoff wrote:Swashbuckle dancing to disco before starting their show, very funny


    You were there!!?? I was dancing there all night long as well. I was the girl with the gray shirt. Paul dances very good. I was very surprised!

    Another epic moment was when at least 20 people got stucked in the elevator for 10 minutes because of the weight excess LMAO!!! The elevator was below the level of the floor!!!

    Oh, and my cabinmate Erik mentioned some elevator moshpit. Sounds cool!
  • User avatar
    metalWolf
    Oiler
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:39 pm
    Location: Germany

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by metalWolf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 am

    Well, there are some

    - Blind Guardian, Kai Hansen, Jon Schaffer & the crowd performing Valhalla @ the chorus line stage
    - Moonspell @ pool stage
    - of course every Sonata Arctica and Sabaton Gig

    - especially Joakim Brodens crowd surfing @ pool diving (myself beeing too late to join into the pool :cry: )

    - unforgettable our moshpit in the jacuzzi during Iced Earth (us Canadians, Switzernadians and Germanadians, remember mates?)

    Whole event was second to none & seems 2b unbeatable - nevertheless hoping for an 2012 cruise
    & nevertheless heading for WACKEN 2011
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)


    Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
  • User avatar
    Pero
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 149
    Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 am
    Location: Slovenia
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Pero » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:46 am

    The WTF expression of Braveheart-painted fans when they saw my "Keep your FOLK out of my METAL" T-shirt was quite epic :lol:
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
  • leppardized
    Wiper
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 am

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by leppardized » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 am

    My epic moment has to be, when Marco from Sonata Acrtica tackled me to the floor, pinning me down with his face buried in my neck, dry humping me!!! Then about an hour later running into him again grabbing onto me and asking me to "Make Love To Me".....ahhh memories
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by last_candle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:47 am

    leppardized wrote:My epic moment has to be, when Marco from Sonata Acrtica tackled me to the floor, pinning me down with his face buried in my neck, dry humping me!!! Then about an hour later running into him again grabbing onto me and asking me to "Make Love To Me".....ahhh memories

    NOW I remember sitting and talking with him on deck 6 for a while...darn, too much Jack on Thursday...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    Element0s
    Midshipman
    Posts: 713
    Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm
    Location: Edmonton, AB
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Element0s » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 am

    On my way off the boat, I was randomly selected to have my bag searched in another room which made me nervous because I had my bag of Samandriel CDs hidden in there. To my understanding, bringing your own wares is a no-no, even if they are freebies. The lady doing the search found them and asked me what they were for, and I told her that I played in one of the bands onboard and they were samples for fans. She smiled and said "Wow, that's great! Good for you!" and sent me on my way immediately. Felt like a boss.

    Also, my mates and I did the Mayan Ruins exploration alongside members of Blind Guardian and Saxon. Very cool. We missed the boat on the way back and had to take a frantic taxi cab to catch the ferry. It was very nerve-wracking, but it turned out okay and it gave us great conversation leverage for chatting with Hansi and Biff!

    Some friends and I got to hang out with very drunk Jon (iced earth) and Andre (Blind Guardian) and we just followed them around while they made obvious and hilarious passes on women whilst elbowing and winking with us and doing the whole "Say no more, say no more!" schtick. Fucking brilliant! Making women uncomfortable was never so much fun.
    Last edited by Element0s on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

    GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21311
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by mooyagi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 am

    Element0s wrote:On my way off the boat, I was randomly selected to have my bag searched in another room which made me nervous because I had my bag of Samandriel CDs hidden in there. To my understanding, bringing your own wares is a no-no, even if they are freebies. The lady doing the search found them and asked me what they were for, and I told her that I played in one of the bands onboard and they were samples for fans. She smiled and said "Wow, that's great! Good for you!" and sent me on my way immediately. Felt like a boss.


    :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by KevinP » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:28 am

    Element0s wrote:Also, my mates and I did the Mayan Ruins exploration alongside members of Blind Guardian and Saxon. Very cool. We missed the boat on the way back and had to take a frantic taxi cab to catch the ferry. It was very nerve-wracking, but it turned out okay and it gave us great conversation leverage for chatting with Hansi and Biff!


    Holy shit balls, I would have had a coronary. So the boat left the pier but you were still able to get on :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Element0s
    Midshipman
    Posts: 713
    Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm
    Location: Edmonton, AB
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Element0s » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 am

    KevinP wrote:
    Element0s wrote:Also, my mates and I did the Mayan Ruins exploration alongside members of Blind Guardian and Saxon. Very cool. We missed the boat on the way back and had to take a frantic taxi cab to catch the ferry. It was very nerve-wracking, but it turned out okay and it gave us great conversation leverage for chatting with Hansi and Biff!


    Holy shit balls, I would have had a coronary. So the boat left the pier but you were still able to get on :? :? :?

    WHOOOOOOOOPS

    By boat, I meant bus!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

    GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Stained Class » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 am

    metalWolf wrote:Well, there are some

    - Blind Guardian, Kai Hansen, Jon Schaffer & the crowd performing Valhalla @ the chorus line stage
    - Moonspell @ pool stage
    - of course every Sonata Arctica and Sabaton Gig

    - especially Joakim Brodens crowd surfing @ pool diving (myself beeing too late to join into the pool :cry: )

    - unforgettable our moshpit in the jacuzzi during Iced Earth (us Canadians, Switzernadians and Germanadians, remember mates?)

    Whole event was second to none & seems 2b unbeatable - nevertheless hoping for an 2012 cruise
    & nevertheless heading for WACKEN 2011

    GERMANY!!! haha that was easily the highlight of the cruise. You were the guy that got in the hot tub fully clothed right? Good times.
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11181
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 am

    Element0s wrote:Also, my mates and I did the Mayan Ruins exploration alongside members of Blind Guardian and Saxon. Very cool. We missed the boat on the way back and had to take a frantic taxi cab to catch the ferry. It was very nerve-wracking, but it turned out okay and it gave us great conversation leverage for chatting with Hansi and Biff.

    Quick thinking with the cd's Jeff haha...

    I heard about you guys missing the bus from one of the other passengers who was telling how they sort of prompted ppl for tips at the end and no one was nearly as generous and enthusiastic at that point as you guys due to your obvious gratitude for the cab ride etc. :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Daenerys
    Midshipman
    Posts: 811
    Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 am
    Location: Clearwater/Tampa, Florida

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Daenerys » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 am

    :lol: :lol: We were wondering where you were, didn't see you when we were watching that show from the Viking Crown Lounge. I was too cold to watch it outside :oops: God do they have the most beautiful windmilling, could watch them do that all day long :D
    I want what we've never had!

    Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm

    raiderdeath442 wrote:Exodus saying WELCOME TO THE HATE BOAT
    Deb and My wife with their tits out during forbidden and Andre from BG taking pictures of them..Awesome

    Yeah and he says its going on their DVD.......yikes!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by tmcasper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:24 pm

    Wife and I had 'Breakfast w/MetalWrath' the first morning...interesting to say the least
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:28 pm

    tmcasper wrote:Wife and I had 'Breakfast w/MetalWrath' the first morning...interesting to say the least


    aww damnit TM, tell me your real life name again, sorry... :|
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by tmcasper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:30 pm

    :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: TOM :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:33 pm

    tmcasper wrote::headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: TOM :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:



    gotit!

    for now... :D

    Craig here (just in case)... :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Dude Number 1
    Oiler
    Posts: 38
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 am

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Dude Number 1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:53 pm

    Not many times in life will you see a REAL encore. We have all seen tons of the fake ones where the band walks off stage, the house lights do NOT come on and the band has yet to play their biggest song. Tyr did their second set in the spectrum and finished a great show. At that point no one would leave. Tyr had finished their set and had to ask the audience for requests and they played a real encore. It was pretty awesome. it was only the second real encore I've ever seen.
  • Dude Number 1
    Oiler
    Posts: 38
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 am

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Dude Number 1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:23 pm

    Seeing Matt NAIL 10,000 strong was epic. I've seen iced earth with both singers and they are both good at what they do. 10,000 strong wasn't written for Matt but he CRUSHED it.
  • User avatar
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1602
    Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Evican » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:35 pm

    MissMetal wrote:
    KevinP wrote:-
    - Getting Warrell to sing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1CVVla ... re=related after making him verbally commit to it hours beforehand


    oooh, did anyone get that on video?

    Yes, I did! Haven't had a chance to upload it yet though. All my photos/videos should be up by the weekend. :)
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • User avatar
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by tmcasper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 pm

    Dude Number 1 wrote:Seeing Matt NAIL 10,000 strong was epic. I've seen iced earth with both singers and they are both good at what they do. 10,000 strong wasn't written for Matt but he CRUSHED it.

    couldn't agree more :headbanger:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:05 pm

    ^Hey it's TOM^
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    little memory exercise for me there.. :lol: .
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21311
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by mooyagi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:28 pm

    Dude Number 1 wrote:Seeing Matt NAIL 10,000 strong was epic. I've seen iced earth with both singers and they are both good at what they do. 10,000 strong wasn't written for Matt but he CRUSHED it.


    Matt was hands down the single best performer on the cruise. He absolutely blew me away (never saw IE before the cruise).
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:32 pm

    Epic Moment:

    Nilay waking up at 7:15 and rushing off to the ship's gym on Wednesday. Epic because she is about as easy to wake up as a 6-day-dead corpse when we are at home and NEVER up before me.

    well maybe not so epic, but definitely weird...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • mouse farts
    Oiler
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:05 pm

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by mouse farts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:51 pm

    mooyagi wrote:Epic in the wrong way was that mega psycho bitch from security at the port terminal once we got off the ship. Those who were there at the time know exactly who I'm talking about. She was on the fucking warpath :evil: :evil: :evil:


    If anyone is interested in filing a complaint on the extremely rude and nasty police officer (black female) screaming at everyone, I will include the information you need at the end of this post. I was extremely embarrassed for so many foreigners to be welcomed back to my country in such a matter. Please remember that the vast majority of police officers are doing an outstanding job. The more polished and professional we are about filing complaints with Miami Dade PD, the better result we will achieve in stopping this sort of disgusting behavior exhibited by the police officer in question. The look of satisfaction and power on her face as she arrested that one guy who stood up to her made me ill. Information follows:

    1. Call 305-627-7100
    2. Talk to the Duty Sergeant
    3. The officer you are complaining against is Officer Etefia Badge # 3985
    4. Tell them who you are, your credentials and what you saw
    5. Ask what you need to do to file an official written statement

    Thank you everyone!
  • User avatar
    Brodd
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 152
    Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 am
    Location: Haderslev, Denmark

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Brodd » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 pm

    Hmm, some epic moments had to be
    - Drinking with Trouble without realizing it was them before they mentioned it
    - Having some awesome conversations with Johan Hegg from Amon Amarth, who complimented my tattoos
    - Meeting Rob Dukes and Gary Holt from Exodus about 10 minutes after I got on the boat
    - Looking for beer with guys from Korpiklaani at 6 am
    - Henri from Týr yelling “I’m on a boat motherfucker!”
    - Drinking in Miami the day before the cruise
    - Hanging out with Týr since we were some of the only Danes on the boat
    - Drinking my roommate under the table every night (expect when he got seasick)
    - Meeting people from the forum
    - Getting a private concert in a elevator from the lead singer of Agent Steel who sang metal covers of Lady Gaga songs
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

    70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7753
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm

    I keep remembering epic things :D

    The soundcheck for the second Iced Earth show, up on the pooldeck.

    Jon and the guys were doing their own soundcheck, and they broke into a jam of one of their songs (cannot remember which - might have been Pure Evil?).

    And yeah - we all started singing the lyrics :)

    Then Barlow who was out of sight off-stage started singing too :D

    That was nuts.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    Michael D.
    Ensign
    Posts: 1262
    Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm
    Location: Inver Grove Hts., MN. USA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Michael D. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:37 pm

    Stained Class wrote:Just remembered a good one. At Epica's second set as the boat was turning around to leave the port in mexico the drum set shifted about 2 feet and seemed like it was going to fall off the stage. The look on the drummers face was priceless. He pretty much shit his pants :lol:


    That was priceless. His band mates didn't even know what happened or noticed when he stopped drumming. He may have even called out for help becasue thier stage hand came running over pretty fast.
  • User avatar
    Michael D.
    Ensign
    Posts: 1262
    Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm
    Location: Inver Grove Hts., MN. USA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Michael D. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 pm

    Dude Number 1 wrote:Seeing Matt NAIL 10,000 strong was epic. I've seen iced earth with both singers and they are both good at what they do. 10,000 strong wasn't written for Matt but he CRUSHED it.


    That was very true and it made my night to see and hear Matt sing 10,000 Strong.
  • User avatar
    Michael D.
    Ensign
    Posts: 1262
    Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm
    Location: Inver Grove Hts., MN. USA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Michael D. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:48 pm

    KevinP wrote:PRE CRUISE MOMENT which then morphed into a MID CRUISE MOMENT and has carried on into a POST CRUISE MOMENT.

    I did not have computer access for 3 days prior to 01/24 so I would call the wife and make sure I didn't have any important emails, etc.

    She tells me that "some chick wants to have a nap with you on the cruise". Not knowing what the hell she is talking about, she tells me it's from Rhiawiz, who posted on Facebook that "11:00pm sounds like a good time for a nap" (in reference to Blind Guardian playing the 1st night). So we both get a good laugh over it.

    Wednesday morning my voice is totally shot and I call my wife just to say Hi and tell her what a great time I'm having and that I had no sleep the past few nights, etc, etc. She tells me "what about all those naps you were going to take?". So again we have another laugh about it.

    I tell this to Rhiawiz who gets a huge kick out of it. And now it's morphed into endless "nap" remarks. Yeah it probably sounds boring to the rest of you, but to Rhiawiz and I, we'll always have "Our Naps".

    :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Kevin, I think that you got one nap in. It was very early but I think that you napped. Hope that you napped when you got home. :roll:
  • User avatar
    asmegin
    Midshipman
    Posts: 781
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 am
    Location: Dallas Texas
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by asmegin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 pm

    Evican wrote:
    MissMetal wrote:
    KevinP wrote:-
    - Getting Warrell to sing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1CVVla ... re=related after making him verbally commit to it hours beforehand


    oooh, did anyone get that on video?

    Yes, I did! Haven't had a chance to upload it yet though. All my photos/videos should be up by the weekend. :)


    Ooo OOO!!! did you also get photo's/video of me dirty dancing to you and other forum members? :lol:
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by last_candle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 pm

    asmegin wrote:Ooo OOO!!! did you also get photo's/video of me dirty dancing to you and other forum members? :lol:

    NO, that got erased from the cam and our memory!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by tmcasper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:I keep remembering epic things :D

    The soundcheck for the second Iced Earth show, up on the pooldeck.

    Jon and the guys were doing their own soundcheck, and they broke into a jam of one of their songs (cannot remember which - might have been Pure Evil?).

    And yeah - we all started singing the lyrics :)

    Then Barlow who was out of sight off-stage started singing too :D

    That was nuts.

    Yeah dude that was mint! It was Burning Times! Matt was singing something about the ship..fuckin funny :cheers:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • User avatar
    MrsAceMasterHan
    Crewman
    Posts: 96
    Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:42 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by MrsAceMasterHan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 pm

    Brodd wrote:- Meeting people from the forum


    ^^ just realized it was you that we (husband and i) waited with in front to see AA at the Chorus line

    memorable moments for me

    -being the first person to run in the doors for amon amarth

    -did the dune buggy tour thru the jungle along the beach and to the ruins with Unleashed (most of them anyway...) also had lunch
    and proceeded to get wasted with them

    -Iced Earth, Matt is AMAZING

    -senor frogs in Mexico with so many awesome fuckers!

    -um. everything...ill think of more
    Deck 7
    #7528
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 pm

    - when my favorite bartender Susana sold me the very last can of Fosters on the ship and then shook my hand and said goodbye because she knew I wasn't coming back ( this is 100% true, gotta love the staff )

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Captain Metal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 pm

    Epic naps during Blind Guardian? How about epics naps just about every time I went into that damn theater. Well, not really naps as more like nodding off for a few moments here and there, no matter who was playing. That place gave me the sleepies. :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 pm

    Captain Metal wrote:Epic naps during Blind Guardian? How about epics naps just about every time I went into that damn theater. Well, not really naps as more like nodding off for a few moments here and there, no matter who was playing. That place gave me the sleepies. :lol:


    it was very cold and dark in there, and i nodded off a few times in there too glad i wasn't the only one.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • User avatar
    metalWolf
    Oiler
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:39 pm
    Location: Germany

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by metalWolf » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 am

    Stained Class wrote:
    metalWolf wrote:Well, there are some

    - Blind Guardian, Kai Hansen, Jon Schaffer & the crowd performing Valhalla @ the chorus line stage
    - Moonspell @ pool stage
    - of course every Sonata Arctica and Sabaton Gig

    - especially Joakim Brodens crowd surfing @ pool diving (myself beeing too late to join into the pool :cry: )

    - unforgettable our moshpit in the jacuzzi during Iced Earth (us Canadians, Switzernadians and Germanadians, remember mates?)

    Whole event was second to none & seems 2b unbeatable - nevertheless hoping for an 2012 cruise
    & nevertheless heading for WACKEN 2011

    GERMANY!!! haha that was easily the highlight of the cruise. You were the guy that got in the hot tub fully clothed right? Good times.


    Sure! Looking forward to similar crazy things in 2012 - Stay metal!
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)


    Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
  • User avatar
    Brodd
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 152
    Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 am
    Location: Haderslev, Denmark

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Brodd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:43 am

    MrsAceMasterHan wrote:
    Brodd wrote:- Meeting people from the forum
    ^^ just realized it was you that we (husband and i) waited with in front to see AA at the Chorus line

    Hehe awesome :D. Well it was nice meeting both of you
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

    70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
  • User avatar
    Pero
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 149
    Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 am
    Location: Slovenia
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Pero » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 am

    rhiawiz wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Epic naps during Blind Guardian? How about epics naps just about every time I went into that damn theater. Well, not really naps as more like nodding off for a few moments here and there, no matter who was playing. That place gave me the sleepies. :lol:


    it was very cold and dark in there, and i nodded off a few times in there too glad i wasn't the only one.


    +1 :)
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 99 guests