Post Reply 228 posts
List some epic moments...
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 am

    OUCH!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Pero
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 149
    Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 am
    Location: Slovenia
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Pero » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:11 pm

    Why would I mind? I posted it here for all to see :)
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am

    Cutting my head open on the second night(damn those pool deck floors) and running from security with blood pouring from my head
    shots of vodka and tobasco with skolnick, holt, hunting, altus and osequeda on the first night
    Having a pretty deep conversation with altus and not remembering a word of it
    meeting loomis
    doing lines of stuff with agent steel's tour manager in cozumel :roll:
    smoking some stuff with arsis in the jungles of cozumel
    Killing a bottle of jim beam with I think craig and definitely laura on the walk from the shops to the boat :headbanger:
    Simon the Swede
    Those crazy irish bastards peter and paul
    those crazy new yorker bastards rob and cody
    meeting up with my bro hector and his lovely gf paola
    breakfast with agent steel


    They go on and on
    The liquor tore me up this year.
    I stick to beer next year.
    I want memories.

    Next time I'll only be pretending to be passed out Debb ;)
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

    BierVulf wrote:Cutting my head open on the second night(damn those pool deck floors) and running from security with blood pouring from my head
    shots of vodka and tobasco with skolnick, holt, hunting, altus and osequeda on the first night
    Having a pretty deep conversation with altus and not remembering a word of it
    meeting loomis
    doing lines of stuff with agent steel's tour manager in cozumel :roll:
    smoking some stuff with arsis in the jungles of cozumel
    Killing a bottle of jim beam with I think craig and definitely laura on the walk from the shops to the boat :headbanger:
    Simon the Swede
    Those crazy irish bastards peter and paul
    those crazy new yorker bastards rob and cody
    meeting up with my bro hector and his lovely gf paola
    breakfast with agent steel


    They go on and on
    The liquor tore me up this year.
    I stick to beer next year.
    I want memories.

    Next time I'll only be pretending to be passed out Debb ;)

    HA HAAAA.....I tried to pull the drink from your hand as you sat there passed out and every time i tried your grip on the glass got tighter!!.....And as we were taking the picture of my bewbs in ur face....I said "Man...he's gonna wish he was awake for this" lmao!!.......there were several Ladies from the forum with me at the time......talkt about epic moments...and the first night no less!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 am

    rhiawiz wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    I would love to see video of that just for shits and giggles :lol:


    wish i thought to take some. my huge regret is that i had a TON of memory and took very few vids. i could have videoed everything with all the memory i had.

    Geeeez!....no doubt!!!...I had my video camera around my wrist the whole time.....and the damn thing kept running out of battery..grrrr
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am
    Location: North Hollywood CA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:29 am

    debborah1 wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:Cutting my head open on the second night(damn those pool deck floors) and running from security with blood pouring from my head
    shots of vodka and tobasco with skolnick, holt, hunting, altus and osequeda on the first night
    Having a pretty deep conversation with altus and not remembering a word of it
    meeting loomis
    doing lines of stuff with agent steel's tour manager in cozumel :roll:
    smoking some stuff with arsis in the jungles of cozumel
    Killing a bottle of jim beam with I think craig and definitely laura on the walk from the shops to the boat :headbanger:
    Simon the Swede
    Those crazy irish bastards peter and paul
    those crazy new yorker bastards rob and cody
    meeting up with my bro hector and his lovely gf paola
    breakfast with agent steel


    They go on and on
    The liquor tore me up this year.
    I stick to beer next year.
    I want memories.

    Next time I'll only be pretending to be passed out Debb ;)

    HA HAAAA.....I tried to pull the drink from your hand as you sat there passed out and every time i tried your grip on the glass got tighter!!.....And as we were taking the picture of my bewbs in ur face....I said "Man...he's gonna wish he was awake for this" lmao!!.......there were several Ladies from the forum with me at the time......talkt about epic moments...and the first night no less!


    HAHAHHA OH MAN i want to see that picture!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: my bro's biervulf and will know how to fucking party!
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

    2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 am

    Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:Cutting my head open on the second night(damn those pool deck floors) and running from security with blood pouring from my head
    shots of vodka and tobasco with skolnick, holt, hunting, altus and osequeda on the first night
    Having a pretty deep conversation with altus and not remembering a word of it
    meeting loomis
    doing lines of stuff with agent steel's tour manager in cozumel :roll:
    smoking some stuff with arsis in the jungles of cozumel
    Killing a bottle of jim beam with I think craig and definitely laura on the walk from the shops to the boat :headbanger:
    Simon the Swede
    Those crazy irish bastards peter and paul
    those crazy new yorker bastards rob and cody
    meeting up with my bro hector and his lovely gf paola
    breakfast with agent steel


    They go on and on
    The liquor tore me up this year.
    I stick to beer next year.
    I want memories.

    Next time I'll only be pretending to be passed out Debb ;)

    HA HAAAA.....I tried to pull the drink from your hand as you sat there passed out and every time i tried your grip on the glass got tighter!!.....And as we were taking the picture of my bewbs in ur face....I said "Man...he's gonna wish he was awake for this" lmao!!.......there were several Ladies from the forum with me at the time......talkt about epic moments...and the first night no less!


    HAHAHHA OH MAN i want to see that picture!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: my bro's biervulf and will know how to fucking party!


    everclear and boxed wine
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:37 am

    pretty sure I have a pic up in the batch I posted last night on FB
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Laura » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:49 am

    BierVulf wrote:Killing a bottle of jim beam with I think craig and definitely laura on the walk from the shops to the boat :headbanger:

    Duane - don't know if you saw this pic on the pic thread that I posted - one of my fave pics from the trip - quite the epic moment(s) indeed :lol: - and thanks again for the Jim Beam :shock: :heavydrink: :twisted: :heavydrink: (the d***head is a guy named Corey I believe :lol: )
    Image

    BierVulf wrote:Those crazy irish bastards peter and paul

    you mean these crazy Irish.....? :P
    Image
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm

    GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
    Image
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 pm

    tyrwoman wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:Killing a bottle of jim beam with I think craig and definitely laura on the walk from the shops to the boat :headbanger:

    Duane - don't know if you saw this pic on the pic thread that I posted - one of my fave pics from the trip - quite the epic moment(s) indeed :lol: - and thanks again for the Jim Beam :shock: :heavydrink: :twisted: :heavydrink: (the d***head is a guy named Corey I believe :lol: )
    Image




    Yeah don't remember this pic but definitely do remember the occasion.
    Cory was cool as shit.
    He saved me from security the night before

    care to try again? :lol:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3121
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Ravenlord » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 pm

    tyrwoman wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:Those crazy irish bastards peter and paul

    you mean these crazy Irish.....? :P
    Image


    Not the most flattering pic but I always appreciate a mention :cheers:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am
    Location: North Hollywood CA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:44 pm

    gnoff wrote: cutting your head open?


    intense sentence
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

    2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 pm

    gnoff wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:I stick to beer next year.



    do you remember meeting me outside the early morning where you still hadn't slept after cutting your head open?


    very very vaguely
    didn't know I stayed up that late though haha

    was I covered in blood?
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:24 pm

    you were BONDED BY BLOOD!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:26 pm

    rhiawiz wrote:you were BONDED BY BLOOD!


    so was my entire cabin haha
    :lol:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:12 am

    gnoff wrote:
    Nah, you were mainly trying to sit up straight and talking a lot ;)


    yep
    Don't remember
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 293
    Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
    Location: Columbus, OH
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by AlabastRDisastR » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 am

    BierVulf wrote:Cutting my head open on the second night(damn those pool deck floors) and running from security with blood pouring from my head


    Dude I saw this happen & I knew it was bad news. Your eyes legit rolled back into your head for a second when...Wtf, I can't remember who picked you up. :shock:

    Anyway, I mas mad worried! I'm glad you came away from it with only a cut & a bump.
    D E C K 6
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:32 am

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:Cutting my head open on the second night(damn those pool deck floors) and running from security with blood pouring from my head


    Dude I saw this happen & I knew it was bad news. Your eyes legit rolled back into your head for a second when...Wtf, I can't remember who picked you up. :shock:

    Anyway, I mas mad worried! I'm glad you came away from it with only a cut & a bump.


    haha
    I didnt think anyone did.
    Security picked me up and kept trying to take me to the medic and in my drunkeness I kept saying
    "Fuck you Im not going to any fuckin doctor"

    I just looked at it for the first time last night
    about a 2 inch long cut and a big bump above it

    it hurts :cry:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 293
    Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
    Location: Columbus, OH
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by AlabastRDisastR » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:41 am

    BierVulf wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:Cutting my head open on the second night(damn those pool deck floors) and running from security with blood pouring from my head


    Dude I saw this happen & I knew it was bad news. Your eyes legit rolled back into your head for a second when...Wtf, I can't remember who picked you up. :shock:

    Anyway, I mas mad worried! I'm glad you came away from it with only a cut & a bump.


    haha
    I didnt think anyone did.
    Security picked me up and kept trying to take me to the medic and in my drunkeness I kept saying
    "Fuck you Im not going to any fuckin doctor"

    I just looked at it for the first time last night
    about a 2 inch long cut and a big bump above it

    it hurts :cry:


    I'm sure it does(I can empathize. A few years ago, I took a cinderblock that my friend was tossing around right to the temple. 15 staples & a drain later, I have a three inch long scar just above my right temple lol. I still can't hear all that well). You're the poster boy for why the pool stage needs a better floor situation next time out. :lol:

    All jokes aside, I'm glad you're okay, but honestly, you came away from the cruise with the best souvenir. A scar & a good story. :beerwink:
    D E C K 6
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6936
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:00 pm

    I'm sure someone else has already mentioned the inflatable sex toy that made an appearance at several gigs?

    It was awesome when it made its way onto stage during Ensiferum's theatre gig.

    The bassist grabbed it and goes "I'll be back in 5 minutes. Ummm, technical difficulties". He then went to the side of the stage and mimicked fucking it.

    Awesome moment of epicness :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:07 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:I'm sure someone else has already mentioned the inflatable sex toy that made an appearance at several gigs?

    It was awesome when it made its way onto stage during Ensiferum's theatre gig.

    The bassist grabbed it and goes "I'll be back in 5 minutes. Ummm, technical difficulties". He then went to the side of the stage and mimicked fucking it.

    Awesome moment of epicness :)


    haha
    that was rnesta's blow up sheep dolly
    she's spread her wings and become a star.
    She was taken by blind guardian and probably found a new home in germany.
    She'll be missed.
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:17 pm

    BierVulf wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm sure someone else has already mentioned the inflatable sex toy that made an appearance at several gigs?

    It was awesome when it made its way onto stage during Ensiferum's theatre gig.

    The bassist grabbed it and goes "I'll be back in 5 minutes. Ummm, technical difficulties". He then went to the side of the stage and mimicked fucking it.

    Awesome moment of epicness :)


    haha
    that was rnesta's blow up sheep dolly
    she's spread her wings and become a star.
    She was taken by blind guardian and probably found a new home in germany.
    She'll be missed.

    Damn! he told me he had that at the begining of our journey...but I never saw it....havent seen it in any pis thus far either....anyone have any??
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 pm

    debborah1 wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm sure someone else has already mentioned the inflatable sex toy that made an appearance at several gigs?

    It was awesome when it made its way onto stage during Ensiferum's theatre gig.

    The bassist grabbed it and goes "I'll be back in 5 minutes. Ummm, technical difficulties". He then went to the side of the stage and mimicked fucking it.

    Awesome moment of epicness :)


    haha
    that was rnesta's blow up sheep dolly
    she's spread her wings and become a star.
    She was taken by blind guardian and probably found a new home in germany.
    She'll be missed.

    Damn! he told me he had that at the begining of our journey...but I never saw it....havent seen it in any pis thus far either....anyone have any??


    Ive already seen a few
    I'll look real quick
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    BierVulf
    Ensign
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm
    Location: Arizona
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by BierVulf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:29 pm

    Capt. Will Fox and his first mate Dolly
    Image
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

    Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6936
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:35 pm

    Dolly chilling out onstage with her new best buds Blind Guardian:

    Image
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Laura » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:48 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:Dolly chilling out onstage with her new best buds Blind Guardian:

    Image


    OMG! Dolly - that was hilarious when she ended up on stage - and btw - that Blind Guardian gig was amazing! Had a great seat in the balcony stage left close to the front - Mordred's Song - *swoons*
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:58 pm

    gnoff wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm sure someone else has already mentioned the inflatable sex toy that made an appearance at several gigs?




    Was that the girl that made it back to my cabin on Tuesday?



    BAAAAAA!!!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    cyx
    Oiler
    Posts: 32
    Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:42 pm
    Location: texas, us

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by cyx » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:05 pm

    what a fun thread! too many epic moments to list here, but a few that come to mind are:

    -getting into a super-crowded elevator with my friend, and after about three seconds of awkward silence, terji from týr (who was all the way in the back) pipes up, "this might be the wrong time to say this... but i'm gay!" that guy is always a fucking joker :D

    -a crowd of hungry metalheads making sheep noises as the doors to the assjammer FINALLY opened for dinner on the second?third? night and the herd moved in for food ;)

    -agreed with Dethbringer on the battle of metalheads vs. muster horn, and also samuli getting yelled at during finntroll's pool set for his shit playing :lol: good thing they played an amazing second show to make up for it!

    -missing the forum friends breakfast party due to being passed out in the cabin was NOT an epic moment! :cry: i was supposed to come with Alabaster - FAIL. hopefully i'll make it next year! :beerhorns:
  • User avatar
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 11:19 am
    Location: USA

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by wut3v4 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 am

    cyx wrote: agreed with Dethbringer on the battle of metalheads vs. muster horn, and also samuli getting yelled at during finntroll's pool set for his shit playing :lol: good thing they played an amazing second show to make up for it!


    Haha! I must've been completely oblivious to his shitty playing because I don't remember it. Then again, I hardly remember anything during their first performance (I remember not enjoying it). Everyone says he played badly that night. I just remember the sound being absolutely horrible for ALL bands that played on the pool deck Day 1. I also remember not being able to hear Vreth's vocals (that's what I thought the band was upset about). Now that I know what really happened, it's actually kind of funny lol. Guess I was too frustrated with the overall bad sound quality (as well as too caught in my camera issues). Thankfully, the sound was improved on the pool deck Day 2.
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by WizardBeast » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:52 am

    gnoff wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    gnoff wrote:
    Was that the girl that made it back to my cabin on Tuesday?



    BAAAAAA!!!



    I remember that sound!


    Was it you???




    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by WizardBeast » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:30 pm

    gnoff wrote:Aaaah, drunk late night posting, I shall now google for an alco lock to place on my computer...


    well, at least we were both making stupid drunk posts .....that makes it OK
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1589
    Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by STACH100 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:52 pm

    I spent a half hour talking to Don Tardy about a possible Obituary art project.
    That was pretty epic for me.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • User avatar
    cyx
    Oiler
    Posts: 32
    Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:42 pm
    Location: texas, us

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by cyx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

    wut3v4 wrote:Thankfully, the sound was improved on the pool deck Day 2.


    oh yeah, the pool deck sound was SHIT on day 1, and you're right about vreth's vocals - they were difficult to hear that night, as well... just glad they fixed it for the rest of the shows..! ;)
  • User avatar
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm
    Location: Dublin

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by prof. wedgie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:38 am

    drinking all night with Jon Schaffer then having to put him to bed at 9 in the morning is the standout moment for me
    Cabin 3555!
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 am

    prof. wedgie wrote:drinking all night with Jon Schaffer then having to put him to bed at 9 in the morning is the standout moment for me

    LOL...My girl Tambre walked him to his cabin and put him to bed one night too!.....thats hilarious!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm
    Location: Dublin

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by prof. wedgie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

    debborah1 wrote:
    prof. wedgie wrote:drinking all night with Jon Schaffer then having to put him to bed at 9 in the morning is the standout moment for me

    LOL...My girl Tambre walked him to his cabin and put him to bed one night too!.....thats hilarious!


    It was a great night, I remember looking up from my beer at about 8 in the morning and wondering why it was sunny outside

    other great times was doing whiskey in the jar on karaoke with a load of others including Alan from Primordial and winning $120 on the slots on my first go, bring on 2012!
    Cabin 3555!
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:21 am

    prof. wedgie wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:
    prof. wedgie wrote:drinking all night with Jon Schaffer then having to put him to bed at 9 in the morning is the standout moment for me

    LOL...My girl Tambre walked him to his cabin and put him to bed one night too!.....thats hilarious!


    It was a great night, I remember looking up from my beer at about 8 in the morning and wondering why it was sunny outside

    other great times was doing whiskey in the jar on karaoke with a load of others including Alan from Primordial and winning $120 on the slots on my first go, bring on 2012!

    ....Okay wait a minute.........is this a joke?.........My girl Tambre won $120 on the slots too!!.....Is this Tambre in disguise??? :?
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Davina
    Crewman
    Posts: 77
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 am
    Location: England

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by Davina » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:39 pm

    prof. wedgie wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:
    prof. wedgie wrote:drinking all night with Jon Schaffer then having to put him to bed at 9 in the morning is the standout moment for me

    LOL...My girl Tambre walked him to his cabin and put him to bed one night too!.....thats hilarious!


    It was a great night, I remember looking up from my beer at about 8 in the morning and wondering why it was sunny outside

    other great times was doing whiskey in the jar on karaoke with a load of others including Alan from Primordial and winning $120 on the slots on my first go, bring on 2012!


    Aha I know who this is! Me and my husband had to leave these guys one morning at 8am, we just can't keep up with the Irish. I've said it before- you guys have livers of steel.
    Cabin 5565 \m/
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: List some epic moments...

    by debborah1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 am

    Per "Slither Slapper" Craig's request....

    .......GIrl and guy were arguing as I passed them on the pool deck....guyy "yanks" the girl by the arm.....I bee line it over to them calling the guy a fuckin pussy....and if he wanted to fight a girl I would be more than happy to kick his ass (the girl was maybe 100 lbs soaking wet).....I then took the girl away from him and she hung out with me for the rest of the night.......
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests