Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Ogre wrote:@drink, I live in Las Vegas, you don't know a shit town for metal until you've lived here. I saw Grave two months ago at a dive bar and maybe 50 people showed up. One of the greatest death metal bands of all time and maybe 50 people. Granted, why they would book at a 21+ bar remains a mystery to me, but it was a disgrace.

@moo, I'm there! As for that last part, I think the Bruins are playing the best hockey in the league right now. But they don't hand out Stanley Cups at x-mas, my friend! :bangers:

when I lived in Maine, Maine had a better metal scene than Pittsburgh... but what I know best is a good metal scene, cause I lived in Boston in the 90s
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:40 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Ogre wrote:@drink, I live in Las Vegas, you don't know a shit town for metal until you've lived here. I saw Grave two months ago at a dive bar and maybe 50 people showed up. One of the greatest death metal bands of all time and maybe 50 people. Granted, why they would book at a 21+ bar remains a mystery to me, but it was a disgrace.

@moo, I'm there! As for that last part, I think the Bruins are playing the best hockey in the league right now. But they don't hand out Stanley Cups at x-mas, my friend! :bangers:

when I lived in Maine, Maine had a better metal scene than Pittsburgh... but what I know best is a good metal scene, cause I lived in Boston in the 90s

It may be cold up here but damn do I love the metal scene here in Calgary. Its big, but its also a pretty tight one.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

It may be cold up here but damn do I love the metal scene here in Calgary. Its big, but its also a pretty tight one.

perhaps... but F that cold
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Welcome Sylvain, Kev is not the merde de tete that you initially think, he, according to him, "Makes fun of you because you are worthy of making fun of"--or something like that.
    Busting balls is part of the fun!!
    Note--there is NO Labatt 50 beer on this ship!!

I've been a lurker for many months, I know Kev is not THAT (!!) much of a bad guy! Just a lil' maybe! :twisted:

Aaah Labatt 50 is still popular here, but mostly in clubs and stuff like that. I'm more into microbreweries, plenty of those here in Quebec, so I couldn't care less about Molson/Labbat products! :belly:
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:36 am

Ogre wrote:@drink, I live in Las Vegas, you don't know a shit town for metal until you've lived here.

ONE UPPING YOU
    I live in Alaska. The only place with a worse metal scene is Antarctica.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:13 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Ogre wrote:@drink, I live in Las Vegas, you don't know a shit town for metal until you've lived here.

ONE UPPING YOU

Rob, can you confirm this? :P
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 am

Ogre wrote:Top 5 bands?
    Hypocrisy
    Bloodbath
    Rotting Christ
    My Dying Bride
    Judas Priest, they will always be the greatest band of all time in my heart

Welcome Ogre! Any huge fan of Hypocrisy, Rotting Christ, and My Dying Bride, is a fan of mine! :beerhorns: See you onbroad! :smash:

Ogre wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    LET'S GO PENS!! If there's one thing I love as much as metal, it's hockey, and the Pittsburgh Penguins are my team. Pittsburgh is a good metal town, they play JP every Pens game and the opening to Reign in Blood at the start of overtime and the entire crowd claps along. It makes me smile to see people of all ages and backgrounds clapping along to Slayer. Sure, many probably have no idea what they're hearing, but it's still great to watch for those of us who do!

I love going to Coyotes games, unfortunately I don't get there more than twice or three times a year. :oops: But yeah, Vegas isn't a metal town at all surprisingly. Come on down to Phoenix! Our metal scene is deteriorating, so it's good to have more heads whippin' at the shows.
    :shred: :bmhorns: :metalguy:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:15 am

Ogre wrote:Top 5 bands?
    Hypocrisy
    Bloodbath
    Rotting Christ
    My Dying Bride
    Judas Priest, they will always be the greatest band of all time in my heart

Hey Scyll, this guy should be your friend. Moxie and Laura know the deal :headbanger: :beerbang: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:32 am

Ogre wrote:@moo, I'm there! As for that last part, I think the Bruins are playing the best hockey in the league right now. But they don't hand out Stanley Cups at x-mas, my friend! :bangers:

Very true. Hope they're not peaking too early.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:41 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Hey, Kevin's alright... if not for him, I might not be aware of stroopwafels, and they're delicious...
    sometimes he's even almost as funny as he looks!

Oh my Dio. I always thought it was just a minor variation on a waffle. But there's stuff inside? Why did I never know this?

Alright Kevin, you're cool again. Coming from a Blackguard fan though, that might be an insult, so I'm sorry. ;)
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:12 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:

ONE UPPING YOU

*tips hat* Well played, miss.
    2012 - You never forget your first time. And MDB.
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2015 - Booked early, soft lineup.
    2016 - Awesome. Best lineup since Barge.
    2018 - Great time.
    2021 - Hypocrisy or bust.
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:17 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Welcome Ogre! Any huge fan of Hypocrisy, Rotting Christ, and My Dying Bride, is a fan of mine! :beerhorns: See you onbroad! :smash:

I love going to Coyotes games, unfortunately I don't get there more than twice or three times a year. :oops: But yeah, Vegas isn't a metal town at all surprisingly. Come on down to Phoenix! Our metal scene is deteriorating, so it's good to have more heads whippin' at the shows.
    :shred: :bmhorns: :metalguy:

Gracias, amigo! I'll buy you a beer onbroad! :bangers:
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2018 - Great time.
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Ogre wrote:Hello!

City/country:
    Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A

Someone else from Vegas on broad! Hello!!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:48 pm

biertroll wrote:

City/country:
    Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A

Hey!! There will be four of us, as I'm bringing two others. We'll have to get some beers! :heavydrink:
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2018 - Great time.
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Ogre wrote:
    biertroll wrote:

City/country:
    Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A

Hey!! There will be four of us, as I'm bringing two others. We'll have to get some beers! :heavydrink:

Definately, I went to that Grave show too :lol:
    Gigan took the show.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Dennis Karuso
    Oiler

by Dennis Karuso » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:17 am

City/country:
    Germany - Düsseldorf

Age (optional):

What first got you into metal?
    Basicly my dad listened to Zeppelin, Police, Cream etc. and in term of bands Metallica, AC/DC, Megadeth... but the main reason i would say Angus Young ! When i saw the Video "Live at Donington" and he played "Thunderstruck" i thought: WOW! You have to play guitar like him and so it all began :shred:

Play any instruments?
    guitar, drums, piano.

Top 5 bands?
    Only 5? Let me think about it...
    Metallica
    AC/DC
    Megadeth
    Pantera
    Nevermore

What do you do?
    motorcar mechanic

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Making music, going to concerts/festivals like Wacken and have good time with my buddies, ice hockey.

What deck are you on?

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Dancing to the Backstreet Boys but that`s a loooong story :lol:
    2011 - Cabin 2012
    2012 - Cabin 2029
    2013 - Cabin 2545

What the hell Did You Do this Winter ?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 am

Welcome Dennis Karuso! :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:41 am

Welcome Dennis Karuso! :cheers:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Welcome Dennis Karuso! :bangers:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:08 pm

We sure are a creative welcoming group today :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Team triple post?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Treifel Tower? :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:42 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Treifel Tower? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:42 pm

High five Joey!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:43 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Treifel Tower? :?

all different, but all assholes.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:35 pm

mooyagi wrote:High five Joey!

Ok, but no eye contact.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    kCJ
    Crewman

by kCJ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:45 am

Welcome, another German. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But I have a question: could somebody from germany translate me this sentece into german, because my english is to bad to get it right!

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

If I have the translation I will write down my answer. ;)

Thanks.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:36 am

Stained Class wrote:

Ok, but no eye contact.

:cry:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:40 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Ok, but no eye contact.

:cry:

BadMetalKitty
    Crewman

by BadMetalKitty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:33 am

City/Country:
    - Phoenix/Untited States

What first got you into metal?:
    My brother plaguing me with it when i ws growing up... then i ran with it, met a girl in high school that shared my intrests for metal, we became fast best friends and she introduced me to the joys of going to shows. I recently have been introduced to many different new bands by my boyfriend. I have realized I am quite tainted and there is no going back!! \m/

Instruments Played:
    - Piano

Top 5 bands:
    - Arch Enemy
    - My Dying Bride
    - Dimmu Borgir
    - Behemoth
    -I am not going to put a fifth because it is ever changing

What do you do?:
    - Veterinary Technician

What deck are you in?:
    - I forget, my boyfriend know lol

What do you like to do in your spare time?:
    - Shows mostly and some nerdy things that I wont speak of
    - I'd say the creepiest thing I do is SlaytanicE21 :lol: :lol: :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:41 am

BadMetalKitty wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

Nicole??? welcome! haha love the comment on the creepiest thing you do
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:44 am

BadMetalKitty wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good to see you on here! :cheers:
    BadMetalKitty
    Crewman

by BadMetalKitty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome you guys!! I finally gave into the forums lol now I just need an avitar I suppose! Cant wait to see you two again in January \m/
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:40 pm

hahaha awesome!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:16 am

City/country: Changwon, South Korea
    hometown: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Age (optional):

When I was 15, I started hanging around with some guys, most of whom were (still are!) into metal. So I was hearing a bit here and there, then one day I walked into a used record shop with a couple of them. I picked up a copy of Obituary's Cause of Death on cassette and asked, "Is this metal?" My buddy said, "Yes. It's awesome. Buy it now." I did. It amazed me. It still does.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar. Around a dozen years, and still shite at it!

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Mercyful Fate
    Black Sabbath
    Amorphis
    ElectricWizardOpethSlayerEntombedDissectionSloughFegMegadethKyussLedZeppelinSheavyBlindGuardianCandlemassWinoThePoguesEnslavedYesRush (Yeah, that's one band, I swear.)

What do you do?
    ESL teacher

What deck are you on?
    Cabin 8588.

"Hi Devin!" (Huh? Why the hell does this person recognize me? Oh shit, do I know him/her? He/She knows my name! Don't recognize... fuckfuckfuckfuck.)
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 am

Welcome everyone :cheers:

Whiskeyjack wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    "Hi Devin!" (Huh? Why the hell does this person recognize me? Oh shit, do I know him/her? He/She knows my name! Don't recognize... fuckfuckfuckfuck.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: That pretty much happens to me everyday at work, I am terrible at remembering people.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    metalWolf
    Oiler

by metalWolf » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:59 am

Whiskeyjack wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

Fatum11 wrote:Welcome everyone :cheers:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That pretty much happens to me everyday at work, I am terrible at remembering people.

Hey - Now we're three of that kind on the cruise :? :? :?
    But I'm afraid we won't recognize each other due to that :beerwink:
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)

Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:43 am

Whiskeyjack wrote:City/country: Changwon, South Korea
    hometown: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Age (optional):

When I was 15, I started hanging around with some guys, most of whom were (still are!) into metal. So I was hearing a bit here and there, then one day I walked into a used record shop with a couple of them. I picked up a copy of Obituary's Cause of Death on cassette and asked, "Is this metal?" My buddy said, "Yes. It's awesome. Buy it now." I did. It amazed me. It still does.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar. Around a dozen years, and still shite at it!

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Mercyful Fate
    Black Sabbath
    Amorphis
    ElectricWizardOpethSlayerEntombedDissectionSloughFegMegadethKyussLedZeppelinSheavyBlindGuardianCandlemassWinoThePoguesEnslavedYesRush (Yeah, that's one band, I swear.)

What do you do?
    ESL teacher

What deck are you on?
    Cabin 8588.

How do you like being a English Teacher in foreign lands? Just packed up and went? or was it a premeditated career choice? How do they treat you over there?
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:06 am

Welcome Whiskeyjack! :cheers:
  • Post Reply 3920 posts