Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by Evil Red » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:28 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:This is what I did:

Came in handy more than a few times. I wish the henna tattoo place wasn't so expensive that year, and that they had it the second year. I would have so asked them to henna that onto myarm. LOL

That rules. :mrgreen:

Hi again, Marie!
    I made the Devil do it.
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:47 am

Welcome Magne

:metalguy:
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 am

Evil Red wrote:
    That rules. :mrgreen:

Hi again, Marie!

Hey! Are you going to have Anton on one of the cruises again?
    Alumni - 70K 2011, 70K 2012, 70K 2013
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 pm

VorpalBunny wrote:
    Pamela wrote:Welcome Magne!!

The last Kiss concert I went to was 1990 :headbanger:

Shush Pam! I'll never be able to pass you off as my much younger sister if you keep on handing out information like this!

Welcome Magne! :viking:

I'd never pass anyway - you look Twelve. :P

I missed your intro MissMiyoshi! Welcome!!! I'm pretty new myself and this will be my first 70k, can't wait!
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:29 am

Pamela wrote:

I missed your intro MissMiyoshi! Welcome!!! I'm pretty new myself and this will be my first 70k, can't wait!

Thanks! Prepare for awesome times beyond your wildest dreams! This will be my third time! Can't wait.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:47 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:
    Pamela wrote:

Thanks! Prepare for awesome times beyond your wildest dreams! This will be my third time! Can't wait.

are you going to be on 70K Marie, or Barge>?
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:57 am

WizardBeast wrote:

I WILL BE ON BOTH!! :viking:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:00 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

SWEET! Nick and I will be on both as well. And so will gnoffi and Kate and Ryan and i think Donn (Captain Metal). Seems like there are a few more suckers in the facebook groups who are also doing both cruises.

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 am

I definitely can't wait! My boyfriend and daughter will be with me on 70K, but I'll be flying solo for Barge. Well, I guess not really, considering how many people will actually be on the boat!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:17 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:I definitely can't wait! My boyfriend and daughter will be with me on 70K, but I'll be flying solo for Barge. Well, I guess not really, considering how many people will actually be on the boat!

true dat! Barge is gonna be awesome. more people need to book though!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:35 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    MissMiyoshi wrote:I definitely can't wait! My boyfriend and daughter will be with me on 70K, but I'll be flying solo for Barge. Well, I guess not really, considering how many people will actually be on the boat!

true dat! Barge is gonna be awesome. more people need to book though!

Indeed. Need more Barge sales.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:41 am

As long as it sails, I'm ok with less people. Then the lines to the booze and the food and the shows will be less.

Me = selfish bitch
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:As long as it sails, I'm ok with less people. Then the lines to the booze and the food and the shows will be less.

Me = selfish bitch

FREE RUN OF THE SHIP!

but i do want it to have at least enough peeps so no one loses $$$
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am

WizardBeast wrote:FREE RUN OF THE SHIP!

True. I don't want anyone to lose money. But there was a noticable difference in crowd size from 70K11 to 70K12. I did not like.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:41 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:FREE RUN OF THE SHIP!

True. I don't want anyone to lose money. But there was a noticable difference in crowd size from 70K11 to 70K12. I did not like.

Noticed that as well. 70K 2012 wasn't uncomfortable or anything, bu definitely more "full" and you had to jockey for position earlier if you wanted to get up front. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 am

KevinP wrote:
    Noticed that as well. 70K 2012 wasn't uncomfortable or anything, bu definitely more "full" and you had to jockey for position earlier if you wanted to get up front. :mrgreen:

It might have just been me being a crotchety old meanie pants, but I kinda felt like people were ruder and not as friendly as the first year. I didn't get the whole "big awesome metal family" feeling like I did the first time around.

I think the first one had a magical, unique quality to it. It's like doing meth. It will NEVER be as good as the first time. :ugeek:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 am

I thought the crowd size was fine in 2012. Can't say the crowd was meaner but it definitely wasn't anywhere near as magical/happy/friendly as 70K 2011. We all knew after that first cruise that it's all downhill from there :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:I think the first one had a magical, unique quality to it. It's like doing meth. It will NEVER be as good as the first time. :ugeek:

cool, then i still have that to look forward to....
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:10 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    MissMiyoshi wrote:I think the first one had a magical, unique quality to it. It's like doing meth. It will NEVER be as good as the first time. :ugeek:

cool, then i still have that to look forward to....

And don´t forget the ones for whom everytime is their first time because they can´t remember last time :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:37 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    MissMiyoshi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

SWEET! Nick and I will be on both as well. And so will gnoffi and Kate and Ryan and i think Donn (Captain Metal). Seems like there are a few more suckers in the facebook groups who are also doing both cruises.

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

We're going to be so sick of each other afterwards! :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:39 pm

MissMiyoshi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

It might have just been me being a crotchety old meanie pants, but I kinda felt like people were ruder and not as friendly as the first year. I didn't get the whole "big awesome metal family" feeling like I did the first time around.

I think the first one had a magical, unique quality to it. It's like doing meth. It will NEVER be as good as the first time. :ugeek:

Agreed. Though for me it's hard to compare because on the first one I went by myself and got to meet so many really nice people. The second one was a totally different story, knowing a bunch of forumites. Loved em both but 70K 2011 will always be magical, in my mind.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 pm

The first will always be so special. It's like anything that is experienced the first time... it's ALWAYS the best..

Well.. um... not EVERYTHING>>> :oops:

:P

My work a number of years ago, had a MEGA Christmas Party up in the mountians at a mountain lodge
    http://www.fairmont.com/jasper/
    Everyone was single, a bunch drove up Friday nighht and just p;artied like crazy people in a fun ski town. First Class all the way at this beautiful mountain lodge. We all had the best times ever. Then, due to popular demand, we went back the next year. Not nearly as much fun, some people had girlfiends/boyfriends and there was more of a clique-ness and some more drama--stil fun, but we always talked about the first year.
    But, will the new crop of awesome people that have joined the Forum--especially people like MissMyoshi that were on the cruises,but weren;t on here---that same feeling will come back.
    Forum Elitists Unite!!!!
    "HI--I'm Jaimie38 on the Forum, are you on the Forum?? No?.. sorry gotta go watch Saxon!"

OF course I kid!
    :pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:46 pm

a LOT of people thought I was a veteran from 2011 because I knew so many people...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Forum Elitists Unite!!!!
    "HI--I'm Jaimie38 on the Forum, are you on the Forum?? No?.. sorry gotta go watch Saxon!"

OF course I kid!
    :pound:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:a LOT of people thought I was a veteran from 2011 because I knew so many people...

LOL you were not a 2011 veteran? :lol:
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:54 am

Anka wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:a LOT of people thought I was a veteran from 2011 because I knew so many people...

LOL you were not a 2011 veteran? :lol:

nope... just super social!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:42 am

MissMiyoshi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

*Ahem.. Rhia was not so friendly... aha j/k.

How was the crowd size noticeable? Did the 2011 cruise not sell out? I thought they both did....
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Conrad wrote:
    MissMiyoshi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

How was the crowd size noticeable? Did the 2011 cruise not sell out? I thought they both did....

HEY NOW!!! next time wear a shirt that says CONRAD on it in huge letters! :lol: :lol: :lol: actually since you posted those pics i totally realize who you are and you ARE the guy who i would look at and think "is that Conrad?" haha how i missed you actually being introduced to me, i'll never know because i have no recollection of this. too much Hypocrisy in my diet? maybe i was on that planet where Joey is from...

i thought both cruises sold out the week before we set sail, right?
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i thought both cruises sold out the week before we set sail, right?

Jep!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    MissMiyoshi wrote:

HEY NOW!!! next time wear a shirt that says CONRAD on it in huge letters! :lol: :lol: :lol: actually since you posted those pics i totally realize who you are and you ARE the guy who i would look at and think "is that Conrad?" haha how i missed you actually being introduced to me, i'll never know because i have no recollection of this. too much Hypocrisy in my diet? maybe i was on that planet where Joey is from...

I'll just talk in reverse, so my name comes first. I said hi to you at the preparty, just a general greeting, something like "Hey, how's it going? I'm Conrad" But before I could even say my name you snapped back something sarcastic like "WELL I'M HERE AREN'T I?!?" Or at least I think that's what you said, so I just casually walked away and mingled with other people. We weren't introduced at all, just when I was talking to Bill at Johnny Rockets he asked if you'd met me but you didn't respond. You should have just approached me and asked :P I saw you plenty of times on the boat but didn't want to bother you because you didn't seem as friendly as I thought you would be lol :lol:

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:11 am

apparently Conrad got The Beast by the horns

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:30 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:apparently Conrad got The Beast by the horns

i swear i had a doppelganger at that preparty cuz saying something like you heard makes NO sense? i have no idea what i really said!!!! i wasn't drunk at this year's preparty either (that was 2011). i don't know what i was trying to do or say but i can tell ya i didn't intend anything close to what went down!

it's weird, it feels like that episode of Star Trek where this one race of Marklars kidnapped Jean Luc Picard and replaced him with a convincing but odd doppelganger.

??? i'm baffled.

i hate feeling horribly guilty over things i don't even remember :cry: :cry: :cry: i AM nice, dammit! hahah
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:12 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:apparently Conrad got The Beast by the horns

i swear i had a doppelganger at that preparty cuz saying something like you heard makes NO sense? i have no idea what i really said!!!! i wasn't drunk at this year's preparty either (that was 2011). i don't know what i was trying to do or say but i can tell ya i didn't intend anything close to what went down!

it's weird, it feels like that episode of Star Trek where this one race of Marklars kidnapped Jean Luc Picard and replaced him with a convincing but odd doppelganger.

??? i'm baffled.

i hate feeling horribly guilty over things i don't even remember :cry: :cry: :cry: i AM nice, dammit! hahah

You must have had a doppelgänger because I saw someone who looks a lot like you drinking PBR *puke* :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:16 pm

i had a PBR with gnoff and Laura, yeah! drink prices were SOOO outrageous at that yucky club where we had this year's preparty anyway!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 pm

They were! I've said this before but I'd actually rather hang out with forum peeps in a setting where you can hear each other a bit more......
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Connie,

All Rhia cared about was fondling Gnoff's pink furry sack, so don't take it personal. You stank of marmite and not enough fat on your bloody to resemble a piece of bacon. Therefore, you're lucky she even acknowledged your existence :ugeek:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:33 pm

KevinP wrote:Connie,

All Rhia cared about was fondling Gnoff's pink furry sack, so don't take it personal. You stank of marmite and not enough fat on your bloody to resemble a piece of bacon. Therefore, you're lucky she even acknowledged your existence :ugeek:

So is stinking of Marmite not as good as stinking of Vegemite?
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:05 pm

KevinP wrote:Connie,

:| I didn't even eat any Marmite. I feel so much better now, you really know how to make a person feel good.

And don't call me Connie again... ever. Dick. :evil: :evil: :evil:

2019 Wishlist:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Conrad wrote:I feel so much better now, you really know how to make a person feel good.

pretty sure that's why Kevin is on this earth!
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:47 pm

:P OUCH! this read has some sting to it.
    Good job. :D
Post Reply 3920 posts