Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 am

    Pinkyvincy wrote:Hello fellow headbangers. Looking forward to going to the cruise. :viking:

    City/country: Bergen, norway

    Age (optional): 24

    What first got you into metal?
    A boy i had a crush on in school when i was 13.
    Been a metalhead since :p

    Play any instruments?
    Bass and sometimes when i am drunk, drums. ( i like to belive i am really good at drums when i'm drunk :p )

    Top 5 bands?
    Can't only name 5. I like Slayer, Turbonegro, Entombed, Type O negative, Mayhem, Vreid,
    Kampfar, Pantera, Turisas, Eluveitie, Tyr, kylesa, Mastadon, Lumsk, Satyricon...
    Is that to mainstream? :p

    What do you do?
    Work with music curses and rehearsal rooms for the young and giftet in norway.

    What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Get drunk, bake cupcakes, play GW2, play bass and read shit.

    What deck are you on?
    2



    Welcome, fellow GW2 player! Also great taste in music! :shred: The folk metal cruise grows larger and larger!!! :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 am

    Pamela wrote:Welcome Pinkyvincy!! I like your band list :) Made cookies and played GW2 just today- I like you already :D :viking:


    I didn't know you played GW2!!!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 am

    Ecliptica wrote:I shouldn't have been so ready to play the "you're my favorite" card; you are in direct competition with X-Thor.

    He wins the award for nicest, friendliest, and happiest person on the forums. :cool:


    :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 pm
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil.
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by ArlequinA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 am

    X-Thor wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:I shouldn't have been so ready to play the "you're my favorite" card; you are in direct competition with X-Thor.

    He wins the award for nicest, friendliest, and happiest person on the forums. :cool:


    :bangers:


    Well, he's a folk metaller, isn't he?

    That's what I love about folk metallers. They're all happy little boozers :)
    Nice leprechauns always ready to enjoy life. <3
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    Pinkyvincy
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:50 pm
    Location: Norway

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Pinkyvincy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 am

    X-Thor wrote:Welcome, fellow GW2 player! Also great taste in music! :shred: The folk metal cruise grows larger and larger!!! :bangers:


    thx :D seems there are people from all over the world on the cruise.
    awesome :D
    ompa te' du dør!
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:31 am

    ArlequinA wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:I shouldn't have been so ready to play the "you're my favorite" card; you are in direct competition with X-Thor.

    He wins the award for nicest, friendliest, and happiest person on the forums. :cool:


    :bangers:


    Well, he's a folk metaller, isn't he?

    That's what I love about folk metallers. They're all happy little boozers :)
    Nice leprechauns always ready to enjoy life. <3




    Pinkyvincy wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Welcome, fellow GW2 player! Also great taste in music! :shred: The folk metal cruise grows larger and larger!!! :bangers:


    thx :D seems there are people from all over the world on the cruise.
    awesome :D



    The beauty of the Barge to Rainbows :headbanger:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21240
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by mooyagi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 am

    Pinkyvincy wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Welcome, fellow GW2 player! Also great taste in music! :shred: The folk metal cruise grows larger and larger!!! :bangers:


    thx :D seems there are people from all over the world on the cruise.
    awesome :D


    Yup. After the cruises, Andy sends out a thank you message and lists the home countries of the cruisers:

    UMC wrote:Thank you very much all you sailors from Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanan, Luxembourg, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Trinidad, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States and Venezuela for making 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 such an incredible success and being part of Heavy Metal history once again.

    For those of you who did not sail with us, check out how we got featured on CNN.

    Thank all you sailors once again!

    Your Skipper and the entire 70000TONS OF METAL crew.


    If I remember correctly, Brazil got the shaft after the first cruise even though there were Brazilians on broad. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 pm
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil.
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by ArlequinA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 am

    mooyagi wrote:
    If I remember correctly, Brazil got the shaft after the first cruise even though there were Brazilians on broad. :lol:


    I promise I'll represent Brasil really well so this time we won't be forgotten that easily. Never. :twisted:

    :P
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 am

    ArlequinA wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    If I remember correctly, Brazil got the shaft after the first cruise even though there were Brazilians on broad. :lol:


    I promise I'll represent Brasil really well so this time we won't be forgotten that easily. Never. :twisted:

    :P


    You and Angra have your country's honor on your shoulders :P

    (Also, it's nice to see Brasil spelled with an "s". Didn't know it was that way in portuguese too, but I guess it should have been obvious... Latin languages ftw!)
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    Pamela
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am
    Location: Spokane Washington, USA
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Pamela » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm

    Pinkyvincy wrote:
    Pamela wrote:Welcome Pinkyvincy!! I like your band list :) Made cookies and played GW2 just today- I like you already :D :viking:

    thx :D GW2 is awesome. Which profession are you?


    Elementalist and loving it!


    X-Thor wrote:I didn't know you played GW2!!!


    I just got it from a friend so this weekend is my first weekend playing actually. :)
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm

    Pamela wrote:
    Pinkyvincy wrote:
    Pamela wrote:Welcome Pinkyvincy!! I like your band list :) Made cookies and played GW2 just today- I like you already :D :viking:

    thx :D GW2 is awesome. Which profession are you?


    Elementalist and loving it!


    X-Thor wrote:I didn't know you played GW2!!!


    I just got it from a friend so this weekend is my first weekend playing actually. :)


    Beware, it's alarmingly addictive... :viking:

    (I am a Charr ranger. Tried to play a Silvari Elementalist, but failed miserably :lol: )
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    Pinkyvincy
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:50 pm
    Location: Norway

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Pinkyvincy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm

    Pamela wrote:
    Pinkyvincy wrote:
    Pamela wrote:Welcome Pinkyvincy!! I like your band list :) Made cookies and played GW2 just today- I like you already :D :viking:

    thx :D GW2 is awesome. Which profession are you?


    Elementalist and loving it!


    X-Thor wrote:I didn't know you played GW2!!!


    I just got it from a friend so this weekend is my first weekend playing actually. :)


    i'm warrior, level 60, but elementalist sound so much better.
    i like magic! :p
    ompa te' du dør!
  • User avatar
    Pamela
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am
    Location: Spokane Washington, USA
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Pamela » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 pm

    X-Thor wrote:Beware, it's alarmingly addictive... :viking:

    (I am a Charr ranger. Tried to play a Silvari Elementalist, but failed miserably :lol: )


    I tend to become highly addicted to games - I figure this one will help pass the time before the cruise lol

    Pinkyvincy wrote:i'm warrior, level 60, but elementalist sound so much better.
    i like magic! :p


    I really like it- I also made a Ranger but am enjoying the Elementalist so much I haven't done much on the other :)
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
  • User avatar
    alex_canada
    Ensign
    Posts: 1149
    Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm
    Location: Winnipeg

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by alex_canada » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 pm

    X-Thor wrote:The beauty of the Barge to Rainbows :headbanger:


    I convinced my girlfriend today to do up a barge to rainbows shirt sometime around xmas...she's doing her masters degree related to design, so I'm hopeful. I'll post it around then and we can get some orders in.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • User avatar
    Ecliptica
    Ensign
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:35 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Ecliptica » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm

    Perfect!

    If not, the shirt I made on customink last year came out great (it was a little big, but now I know to order a small and try to shrink it first). They can take that exact template you created and just put it on a shirt. I assume with all those colors, it'd be expensive as hell though.
  • User avatar
    alex_canada
    Ensign
    Posts: 1149
    Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm
    Location: Winnipeg

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by alex_canada » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 pm

    Ecliptica wrote:Perfect!

    If not, the shirt I made on customink last year came out great (it was a little big, but now I know to order a small and try to shrink it first). They can take that exact template you created and just put it on a shirt. I assume with all those colors, it'd be expensive as hell though.


    What kind of shirt did you have made?
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am

    alex_canada wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:The beauty of the Barge to Rainbows :headbanger:


    I convinced my girlfriend today to do up a barge to rainbows shirt sometime around xmas...she's doing her masters degree related to design, so I'm hopeful. I'll post it around then and we can get some orders in.


    I want one.
    Image
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
    Location: Boston, Ma

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Inquisitor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 am

    Pamela wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Beware, it's alarmingly addictive... :viking:

    (I am a Charr ranger. Tried to play a Silvari Elementalist, but failed miserably :lol: )


    I tend to become highly addicted to games - I figure this one will help pass the time before the cruise lol

    Pinkyvincy wrote:i'm warrior, level 60, but elementalist sound so much better.
    i like magic! :p


    I really like it- I also made a Ranger but am enjoying the Elementalist so much I haven't done much on the other :)


    Asuran Mesmer here
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4802
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Memnoch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:58 am

    I have no idea of what you guys are talking about.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
    Location: Boston, Ma

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Inquisitor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 am

    A Computer Game Ville
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4802
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Memnoch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:21 am

    Aah, ok. I though the folk metal freaks had finally lost what little sense they had in them. Turns out I was right. :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
    Location: Boston, Ma

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Inquisitor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 am

    Memnoch wrote:Aah, ok. I though the folk metal freaks had finally lost what little sense they had in them. Turns out I was right. :mrgreen:


    Has anyone ever told you that you look like the bearded lady in Spaceballs? :D

    Image
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4802
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Memnoch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 am

    I know what I'll be wearing at Metaldays next summer!
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
    Location: Boston, Ma

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Inquisitor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:38 am

    Memnoch wrote:I know what I'll be wearing at Metaldays next summer!


    Harlo won't be able to keep her hands off you if you pull out that little number.

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by vikingbitch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:42 am

    Inquisitor wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I know what I'll be wearing at Metaldays next summer!


    Harlo won't be able to keep her hands off you if you pull out that little number.

    :lol: :lol: :lol:


    You two make my brain hurt. :|
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
    Location: Boston, Ma

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Inquisitor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:48 am

    vikingbitch wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I know what I'll be wearing at Metaldays next summer!


    Harlo won't be able to keep her hands off you if you pull out that little number.

    :lol: :lol: :lol:


    You two make my brain hurt. :|


    It's the feeling that happens when too much awesome is observed at one time. Between Ville and I, I would think you'd be used to it by now.
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4802
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Memnoch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:47 am

    Inquisitor wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:You two make my brain hurt. :|

    It's the feeling that happens when too much awesome is observed at one time. Between Ville and I, I would think you'd be used to it by now.


    :lol:

    Poor Canadian brain can't process that much awesomeness in such short time. But, yes, our amazingness shouldn't come as a shock anymore.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • gajone
    Crewman
    Posts: 72
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:19 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by gajone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 am

    Name: Ryan
    Location: Cincinnati, OH
    Sex: Male
    Age: 28
    Relationship status: Engaged (just as of 2 weeks ago!)
    Occupation: CPA (accountant)
    Favorite Band: Between the Buried and Me
    Interesting fact: I'm a cancer survivor. I'll be the guy with scars on his chest and back, and crazy looking leg. Not too long ago my leg looked like this:
    Image
    Talk about "extreme"; I should fit in on the barge pretty well ;)
  • User avatar
    Ecliptica
    Ensign
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:35 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Ecliptica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 am

    Jesus Christ, that is ridiculous.

    But congrats on the engagement and beating cancer! Welcome!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21240
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by mooyagi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 am

    Welcome gajone! :cheers:

    That's an odd looking leg :shock:

    Congrats on punching cancer in the dick
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 pm
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil.
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by ArlequinA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:50 am

    gajone wrote:Name: Ryan
    Location: Cincinnati, OH
    Sex: Male
    Age: 28
    Relationship status: Engaged (just as of 2 weeks ago!)
    Occupation: CPA (accountant)
    Favorite Band: Between the Buried and Me
    Interesting fact: I'm a cancer survivor. I'll be the guy with scars on his chest and back, and crazy looking leg. Not too long ago my leg looked like this:
    Image
    Talk about "extreme"; I should fit in on the barge pretty well ;)


    Dude, you're weird. Welcome and be my friend. :cheers:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by viathyn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 am

    Welcome, Engaged Ryan.

    What do you think of Parallax 2?

    Bitchin' leg, by the way. Cancer is a fickle bitch and it looks like you kicked her fat ass to the curb. I would expect some mild damage from a forceful kick, so it looks like you did well.
    Image
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am

    gajone wrote:Name: Ryan
    Location: Cincinnati, OH
    Sex: Male
    Age: 28
    Relationship status: Engaged (just as of 2 weeks ago!)
    Occupation: CPA (accountant)
    Favorite Band: Between the Buried and Me
    Interesting fact: I'm a cancer survivor. I'll be the guy with scars on his chest and back, and crazy looking leg. Not too long ago my leg looked like this:
    Image
    Talk about "extreme"; I should fit in on the barge pretty well ;)


    Wow, that is one weird looking leg. On the bright side, you won't need a name-tag so fellow forumites can recognize you, so there's that... :P

    Seriously, though, welcome and congratulations on your engagement! :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by vikingbitch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 pm

    Memnoch wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:You two make my brain hurt. :|

    It's the feeling that happens when too much awesome is observed at one time. Between Ville and I, I would think you'd be used to it by now.


    :lol:

    Poor Canadian brain can't process that much awesomeness in such short time. But, yes, our amazingness shouldn't come as a shock anymore.


    I still remember a moment at Metalcamp in which the words "they must be separated at all costs, incorrigible enough separate - BUT TOGETHER. I MUST KEEP THEM APART OR BE FAR AWAY FROM THEM" crossed my little Canadian noggin. You two are a frightening duo.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • gajone
    Crewman
    Posts: 72
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:19 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by gajone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm

    viathyn wrote:Welcome, Engaged Ryan.

    What do you think of Parallax 2?

    Bitchin' leg, by the way. Cancer is a fickle bitch and it looks like you kicked her fat ass to the curb. I would expect some mild damage from a forceful kick, so it looks like you did well.
    Image


    Love the Black Knight reference :lol:

    I think Parallx 2 is pretty killer. But I'm probably a little biased because I'm a total fanboy at this point :lol:
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by viathyn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:24 pm

    gajone wrote:Love the Black Knight reference :lol:

    I think Parallx 2 is pretty killer. But I'm probably a little biased because I'm a total fanboy at this point :lol:

    I must say, I was pretty disenchanted by the parallax hypersleep EP... nothing really 'grabbed' me, y'know? Meanwhile, I think the new one is quite brilliant. I have it on colored marble vinyl... I think I'll listen to it later
    :headbanger:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by KDibildeaux » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 pm

    Welcome to the forum gajone! You kick ass!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:41 pm

    KDibildeaux wrote:Welcome to the forum gajone! You kick ass!


    Cancer ass!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    Sheitan
    Oiler
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am
    Location: Colombia
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Sheitan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:56 pm

    Nicolas0928 wrote:COLOMBIA :D
    See you there
    (now we are a lot) :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:


    Claro q si! :cheers: See you on board!
    Accept/Alestorm/Amon Amarth/Einherjer/Ensiferum/Finntroll/Heidevolk/Helloween/Hypocrisy/Immortal/King Diamond/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Rhapsody of Fire/Sabaton/SatanicWarmaster/Slayer/Subway to Sally/Swashbuckle/Teräsbetoni/TrollfesT/Turisas/Týr
  • User avatar
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 am
    Location: San Diego, California

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Goddess of Metal » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 pm

    Jaimie38 wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:
    I wanna win a favorite card (besides female disaster zone) :cry:



    How aboot an Eye-Fuck Card from Margie??


    :lol:

    Forum Creepers Unite!!!!
    :shred:


    Just saw this... :cool:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3


    Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
Post Reply 3920 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests