Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
  • SavaShip
    Wiper

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by SavaShip » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi don't mean to be so late on this thread, but I'm Brent! Sailing with my girlfriend Loretta and a group of my best friends. I went on the 2013 70K, but this will be Loretta's first ever metal concert event.

City/country:
    Middle of Nowhere, MN USA

What first got you into metal?
    Savatage's Hall of the Mountain King video... I had metalish tendancies before that, but that's when I was sold that metal was awesome! I got Loretta into metal with Sonata Arctica's live DVDs and some really good dark beer one night.

Play any instruments?
    I've played guitar for 25+ years, written some interesting songs. Currently play in a slightly metaled up cover band called Strange Brew. I committed to 7-strings, and haven't ever looked back.

Top 5 bands?
    Savatage
    Blind Guardian
    Sonata Arctica
    Iron Maiden
    Equilibrium

What do you do?
    Work on computers, nothing high end, just a support jockey that administers networking equipment and computers.

What deck are you on?

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Play video games, watch movies, brew and drink beer

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    How's your all-male Lady Gaga tribute band called "Bad Bromance" coming along?
    Wishlist: Alestorm:Blind Guardian:Circle II Circle:Edguy:Ensiferum:Equilibrium:Falconer:Galloglass:Helloween:Jon Oliva's Pain:Manowar:Nightwish:Orden Ogan:Persuader:Powerglove:Savatage:Savage Circus:Serenity:Sonata Arctica:Turisas:TYR:Wintersun
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 pm

SavaShip wrote:What first got you into metal?
    Savatage's Hall of the Mountain King video... I

Top 5 bands?
    Savatage
    Blind Guardian
    Sonata Arctica
    Iron Maiden
    Equilibrium

What do you do?
    Work on computers, nothing high end, just a support jockey that administers networking equipment and computers.

You and I will get along just fine, sir. Glad to have other computer nerds onbroad and more 'Tage fans as well :cheers:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
  • SavaShip
    Wiper

by SavaShip » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:You and I will get along just fine, sir. Glad to have other computer nerds onbroad and more 'Tage fans as well :cheers:

We DEFINITELY have to find each other on the boat man! I forgot to mention that I used to play keys in the Chicago area Savatage tribute band "Ghost in the Ruins" back in 2007-2009 I still look pretty much the same, hair's a lil' thinner. :bangers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VRcuOcDPS
    Wishlist: Alestorm:Blind Guardian:Circle II Circle:Edguy:Ensiferum:Equilibrium:Falconer:Galloglass:Helloween:Jon Oliva's Pain:Manowar:Nightwish:Orden Ogan:Persuader:Powerglove:Savatage:Savage Circus:Serenity:Sonata Arctica:Turisas:TYR:Wintersun
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:57 pm

SavaShip wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:You and I will get along just fine, sir. Glad to have other computer nerds onbroad and more 'Tage fans as well :cheers:

We DEFINITELY have to find each other on the boat man! I forgot to mention that I used to play keys in the Chicago area Savatage tribute band "Ghost in the Ruins" back in 2007-2009 I still look pretty much the same, hair's a lil' thinner. :bangers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VRcuOcDPS

I wish I could have formed a Savatage tribute sometime but nobody my age has heard of Savatage :lol: But I've learned most of Criss's solos and riffs in my free time.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
  • JamesOdenson
    Wiper

by JamesOdenson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Seems like I'm always the last to do these things... Here goes...

City: Boone, North Carolina

What got me into metal? The guy that was fucking my older sister was into metal. He gave me Reign in Blood and Seven Churches on tape. Been running with the devil ever since.

Can I play an instrument. Nope.

Top 5 bands... Yikes. This could take a while. I can give a short list.

Bolt Thrower
    Death
    Amon Amarth
    Carcass
    Slayer
    Possessed
    Danzig
    Mayhem
    At the Gates

Well... You see I like all the good stuff.

Deck: 8 room 8687 with some cool people.

Ps I dig holes for a living.
    protector of mankind
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:Was he the dude with the gigantic drinking horn when we were hanging out with Chris and Gazz on the side of the Masq that one night? I had a lot of mead with me that night, if I'm not mistaken. 2009, I think this was? Or maybe it was '10. Time's stupid.

No, that was probably my friend Ripper. He's a bit of a legend in the metal scene here as well, but he's currently off terrorizing the world on the RenFaire circuit. :lol:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:25 pm

70K First timer, just got my ticket so let me introduce myself

City/country:
    Newcastle, Australia

Age (optional):
    24 by the cruise time

High School project into the history of Rock & Roll got me hooked on Iron Maiden and evolved from there.

Play any instruments?
    I can make some noise, but not generally play. Bought an accordion to learn, but other than the riff of Turisas' Rasputin it's been a bit of a shambles.

Top 5 bands?
    Ohh, only 5?!
    Alright then: Korpklaani, Ensiferum, Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr (hoping for some cool announcements soon, but if I hold my breath I'm likely to pass out).

What do you do?
    You can best describe it as Human Resources Manager for the government. It is a little more exciting than it sounds, I might have to tell you exactly over a beer.

What deck are you on?
    Not sure what this means, but I think D1?

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I own 4 volumes of Gumby (the green plasticine kind, not the hanky on head kind)
    Secret lego collector if anyone wants to spin a lego yarn, hahah
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • SavaShip
    Wiper

by SavaShip » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Shelton wrote:70K First timer, just got my ticket so let me introduce myself

Top 5 bands?
    Ohh, only 5?!
    Alright then: Korpklaani, Ensiferum, Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr (hoping for some cool announcements soon, but if I hold my breath I'm likely to pass out).

Oh man! You would have been in heaven on the 2013 cruise! I love those bands too! Look for me on the ship, would love to talk metal with you!
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:54 pm

SavaShip wrote:
    Shelton wrote:70K First timer, just got my ticket so let me introduce myself

Top 5 bands?
    Ohh, only 5?!

Oh man! You would have been in heaven on the 2013 cruise! I love those bands too! Look for me on the ship, would love to talk metal with you!

Will keep an eye out. You can keep an ear out, and home in to the aussie accents, you're bound to find me somewhere. :bangers:

My ex girlfriend went in 2013 and made me super jealous. Unfortunately I had a training course I couldn't escape from so had to stay behind. Been waiting for the time off work ever since to experience one for myself, and after much pushing of s**t uphill I finally got the time away.

Also, considering I'm Australian I'm very proud that I've managed to see all 5 of those bands live in the last 2 years :beerbang:
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 am

Shelton wrote:What first got you into metal?
    High School project into the history of Rock & Roll got me hooked on Iron Maiden and evolved from there.

Top 5 bands?
    Ohh, only 5?!

What do you do?
    You can best describe it as Human Resources Manager for the government. It is a little more exciting than it sounds, I might have to tell you exactly over a beer.

You have good taste sir. I may also have to sit down with you for a drink :bangers: or at least talk at the Korpiklaani sets.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    vikingland
    Wiper

by vikingland » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:28 am

HI:) Im a first timer and traveling alone on the 70k.
    Coming to Florida 1 week in advance of the cruise.
    Someone have any recommendations for where to stay, area?
    Anyone else coming early? are there any pre party or a place where I can meet other going on the cruise?

City/country:
    Bergen, Norway

Age (optional):

Friends - Iron Maiden, Metallica

Play any instruments?
    Guitar!

Top 5 bands?
    Black Sabbath
    Enslaved
    Metallica
    Satyricon
    Windir

What do you do?
    Process Engineer

What deck are you on?
    8 PR
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:04 am

vikingland wrote:HI:) Im a first timer and traveling alone on the 70k.
    Anyone else coming early? are there any pre party or a place where I can meet other going on the cruise?

City/country:
    Bergen, Norway

Age (optional):

Play any instruments?
    Guitar!

Top 5 bands?
    Black Sabbath
    Enslaved
    Metallica
    Satyricon
    Windir

What do you do?
    Process Engineer

What deck are you on?
    8 PR

Welcome and yes there are parties pretty much everyday leading up to the cruise with the biggest parties happening on January 21 there is a beach party at the riptide hotel followed up by a full blown concert at a venue in Fort Lauderdale. as for fellow cruisers we stand out in Florida throw the horns at someone wearing a black shirt and odds are you have met a fellow cruiser. i am not sure about the rest but if you see me stuffing my face at some resturant sit down grab a beer 99.9% of us are friendly as hell. rooms you might need to shop around some as a bunch of places are booked out already. if you are a facebook user there are a few groups on there as well that a lot of us chat on the main one being https://www.facebook.com/groups/182819641768657/ see ya on the ship :viking:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:11 am

since i have been remiss in my duties as one of the longer time posters here ( 5/6 cruises missed the first one :evil: ) HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!( in the tone of Dr.Nick from the Simpsons) if you have questions ask! i tend to get bored while i sit a work and this forum is one of the few sites i can still access while here.
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:21 am

CaptOblivious wrote:since i have been remiss in my duties as one of the longer time posters here ( 5/6 cruises missed the first one :evil: ) HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!( in the tone of Dr.Nick from the Simpsons) if you have questions ask! i tend to get bored while i sit a work and this forum is one of the few sites i can still access while here.

You're back! :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:55 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    CaptOblivious wrote:since i have been remiss in my duties as one of the longer time posters here ( 5/6 cruises missed the first one :evil: ) HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!( in the tone of Dr.Nick from the Simpsons) if you have questions ask! i tend to get bored while i sit a work and this forum is one of the few sites i can still access while here.

You're back! :cheers:

if you would surrender and join face book you would know i never left :P that being said yes i can tolerate 48 more days of bitching and drag myself out of just scrolling through off course.
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    vikingland
    Wiper

by vikingland » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:29 pm

CaptOblivious wrote:
    vikingland wrote:HI:) Im a first timer and traveling alone on the 70k.

City/country:
    Bergen, Norway

Age (optional):

Play any instruments?
    Guitar!

Top 5 bands?
    Black Sabbath
    Enslaved
    Metallica
    Satyricon
    Windir

What do you do?
    Process Engineer

What deck are you on?
    8 PR

Welcome and yes there are parties pretty much everyday leading up to the cruise with the biggest parties happening on January 21 there is a beach party at the riptide hotel followed up by a full blown concert at a venue in Fort Lauderdale. as for fellow cruisers we stand out in Florida throw the horns at someone wearing a black shirt and odds are you have met a fellow cruiser. i am not sure about the rest but if you see me stuffing my face at some resturant sit down grab a beer 99.9% of us are friendly as hell. rooms you might need to shop around some as a bunch of places are booked out already. if you are a facebook user there are a few groups on there as well that a lot of us chat on the main one being https://www.facebook.com/groups/182819641768657/ see ya on the ship :viking:

Thank you for answer, this will be great fun.
    What concert are there in Fort Lauderdale?
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:54 am

the final details for the concert are not set yet other than it will be on the 21st at the revolution in Fort Lauderdale but the guy setting it up cannot announce it till the cruise announces a few more bands since some of the performers on the ship.
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:20 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Shelton wrote:What first got you into metal?

Top 5 bands?
    Ohh, only 5?!

What do you do?

You have good taste sir. I may also have to sit down with you for a drink :bangers: or at least talk at the Korpiklaani sets.

Shouldn't be too hard to find the Australian accent
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    jeff_tentacles
    Oiler

by jeff_tentacles » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:45 am

Hello all,
    This will be my first curse! So exited to meet and party with everyone. This is going some crazy shit.

City/country:
    Albany, New York

Guitar shredders. When I was young they always amazed me how they could play so fast and technical. When I was 14, I begged my parents to buy me a guitar for XMas, they obliged with a band new china made fender squire. I've been jamming out to all my metal favorites ever since.

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Death
    Symphony X
    Emperor
    Sentenced

What do you do?
    I work as a software developer for a company dealing with earthquake seismology and other types geo physics. Believe me, it's confusing as all hell.

What deck are you on?

I had a band when I was 14, it's name was krysko. If you mention that I will be thoroughly creeped out. Or ask me about the time I shit my pants while driving....
    Last edited by jeff_tentacles on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    2015 Survivor - 8256
    2016 ????
    WishList: Forbidden,Gojira,Goreguts,DeathspellOmega,PigDestroyer,KingParrot,UltraVomit,Cynic,Martyr,
    CarpathianForest,Krisiun,Ihsahn,SymphonyX,Macabre,Nile,Aborted,ElectroQuarterstaff,DreamTheater,
    KeepOfKalessin,OldMan'sChild,SpawnofPossession,Psycroptic,UliJonRoth,Hammerfall,AtTheGates,Opeth
    mpaled,Ghoul,Suffocation
    jeff_tentacles
    Oiler

by jeff_tentacles » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:52 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    MikeB wrote:Can I join as a software engineer ?

We need to do some sort of Software Engineer meeting at some point in this cruise :D That's gonna be interesting.

I'm totally down for this! Should I keep my eyes out for a forum group? :cheers:
    2015 Survivor - 8256
    2016 ????
    WishList: Forbidden,Gojira,Goreguts,DeathspellOmega,PigDestroyer,KingParrot,UltraVomit,Cynic,Martyr,
    CarpathianForest,Krisiun,Ihsahn,SymphonyX,Macabre,Nile,Aborted,ElectroQuarterstaff,DreamTheater,
    KeepOfKalessin,OldMan'sChild,SpawnofPossession,Psycroptic,UliJonRoth,Hammerfall,AtTheGates,Opeth
    mpaled,Ghoul,Suffocation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:59 am

jeff_tentacels wrote:What deck are you on?

Not sure? How do I find this out?

Your cabin number is the first four digits in the booking code (1234XXXX-70K).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jeff_tentacles
    Oiler

by jeff_tentacles » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    jeff_tentacels wrote:What deck are you on?

Not sure? How do I find this out?

Your cabin number is the first four digits in the booking code (1234XXXX-70K).

Ah ha! Thanks!
    2015 Survivor - 8256
    2016 ????
    mpaled,Ghoul,Suffocation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:38 am

jeff_tentacels wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:
    MikeB wrote:Can I join as a software engineer ?

We need to do some sort of Software Engineer meeting at some point in this cruise :D That's gonna be interesting.

I'm totally down for this! Should I keep my eyes out for a forum group? :cheers:

We'll find a way to meet up, for sure :) but Computer Science discussion is only allowed for a limited period of time, we're on holidays man! :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:22 pm

jeff_tentacels wrote:Hello all,
    This will be my first curse! So exited to meet and party with everyone. This is going some crazy shit.

City/country:
    Albany, New York

Guitar shredders. When I was young they always amazed me how they could play so fast and technical. When I was 14, I begged my parents to buy me a guitar for XMas, they obliged with a band new china made fender squire. I've been jamming out to all my metal favorites ever since.

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Death
    Symphony X
    Emperor
    Sentenced

What do you do?
    I work as a software developer for a company dealing with earthquake seismology and other types geo physics. Believe me, it's confusing as all hell.

What deck are you on?

I had a band when I was 14, it's name was krysko. If you mention that I will be thoroughly creeped out. Or ask me about the time I shit my pants while driving....

Good to see another Upstate NYer here! Your job sounds pretty cool. I'm a dev too, but I can't say what I work on is helpful to anyone, probably more of the opposite, ha.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    jeff_tentacles
    Oiler

by jeff_tentacles » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:49 am

Good to see another Upstate NYer here! Your job sounds pretty cool. I'm a dev too, but I can't say what I work on is helpful to anyone, probably more of the opposite, ha.

Nice! We'll have to get a beer and celebrate the cold grim north that is upstate NY! :cheers:
    2015 Survivor - 8256
    2016 ????
    mpaled,Ghoul,Suffocation
    Cherry+Drakonus
    Wiper

by Cherry+Drakonus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:22 am

*fixing the spelling since it's such a big deal. First time was doing my nails at the same time and not paying attention*
    City/country:
    Thunder Bay Ontario Canada(in the middle of nowhere)

Age (optional):
    28 and 30

scotia: I first was introduced to punk from a babysitter then talked about it to my friend in grade 6 he showed me anal cunt, deicide and cannibal corpse. (im pretty sure he was trying to freak me out but instead i loved it)
    kyle: My friends showed me judas priest and I fell in love.

Play any instruments?
    Scotia: clarinet, accordion, piano, bagpipes, oboe, and drums. also is classically trained singer
    Kyle: nope.

Top 5 bands?
    Blind Guardian
    kreator
    amon amarth
    megadeth
    iron maiden
    :viking:
    What do you do?
    Scotia: I own a spa called SweetCherrySpa. I am also a freelance special effects artist.
    Kyle: labourer and welder.

What deck are you on?
    D

Happy honeymoon! (cause it is, we got married in august) :bmhorns:
    Last edited by Cherry+Drakonus on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Cherry+Drakonus wrote:Top 5 bands?
    Blind Guardian
    kreator
    amon amarth
    megadeath
    iron madien

Very nice top 5 ! Welcome abroad :bangers:
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Do you guys have the same top five? Convenient! Haha welcome abroad :bangers:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Cherry+Drakonus wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Happy honeymoon! (cause it is, we got married in august) :bmhorns:

Congrats!!! And wellcome abroad!
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:35 am

I love when people can't spell the name of one of their "favorite" bands
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I love when people can't spell the name of one of their "favorite" bands

Like the merch for Motorboat! :lol:
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Dimma wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I love when people can't spell the name of one of their "favorite" bands

Yeah, that was really bad
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:55 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Dimma wrote:

Yeah, that was really bad

Like "favourite"

:P
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:47 am

*Favourite
    *Two
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:59 am

Dimma wrote:

Someone should make a band called Megadeath. You could play songs like Swetting Bullits and all you'd need to do is be more reliable than Dave at gigs and you'd make a fortune
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:12 am

bodomdragon wrote:

*Favourite
    *Two

*favorite
    I hadn't even noticed Maidien... but I'm willing to believe that 1, of the 2, was a typo

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:12 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

*Favourite
    *Two

*favorite
    I hadn't even noticed Maidien... but I'm willing to believe that 1, of the 2, was a typo

Damn, as a non-native English speaker, I thought only "favourite" was correct and not also "favorite". Consequences of having studied the language mainly in a British school, I guess. My apologies :)
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:18 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:*Favourite
    *Two

*favorite

Damn, as a non-native English speaker, I thought only "favourite" was correct and not also "favorite". Consequences of having studied the language mainly in a British school, I guess. My apologies :)

That spelling is almost exclusively US. Don't feel bad.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:11 am

Brits won't make many concessions with disagreements about spelling, but most do concede that they overuse the letter u where it just isn't needed.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:58 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Brits won't make many concessions with disagreements about spelling, but most do concede that they overuse the letter u where it just isn't needed.

I'll agree with that. Though I do find the reversal of er to re in most cases to be more elegant and make more sense.
  • Post Reply 3920 posts