Locked 398 posts
70K Tons of Metal Cruise 2012?
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: 70K Tons of Metal Cruise 2012?

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:39 pm

some of us are idiots who messed around on the forum then had to stay at work for 11 hours to make up for it....it's all about balance, LOL. i didn't balance, so now it's almost 8pm and i'm still in my office. ok gonna go now finally!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I have done the least amount of work this week than any week in the past "I can remember". Usually coming back from a vacation is brutal, but surprising not so (knock on wood).

But I do have to buckle down tomorrow and get a whole bunch of stuff done.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:55 pm

KevinP wrote:Maybe, although I haven't had a cup since then (not really a coffee drinker). Karhl showing up is like Deicide actually going through with their tour plans (don't hold your breath) :lol:

It seems like there are waaaaay too many of us with the ability blow off work far too much lately. :shock:

I wouldn't be either if that coffee in the Windjammer cafe was the only coffee I was able to drink! :lol: I've been getting texts from him and he says that he's going to be there. Haha.

Well, it's pretty quiet here but there are so many other places I would rather be lately. :roll:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Evican wrote:I've been getting texts from him and he says that he's going to be there. Haha.

Well, it's pretty quiet here but there are so many other places I would rather be lately. :roll:

What's he doing on the other side of the country anyway ?

The wife is getting to the point of "hey Kev, wanna check back into reality yet and not spend 10 hours a day on forum/FB posts". :lol:

Not sure what answer she wants to hear from me ;) :D
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

KevinP wrote:What's he doing on the other side of the country anyway ?

The wife is getting to the point of "hey Kev, wanna check back into reality yet and not spend 10 hours a day on forum/FB posts". :lol:

He's here for the Black Metal Festival (I use the term "festival" lightly) that's on this weekend.

Tell me about it. Sooner or later someone is going to realise that I'm not doing anywhere near as much work as I should be. :shock:

How about... "Not just yet." :lol:
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Evican wrote:
    KevinP wrote:What's he doing on the other side of the country anyway ?

He's here for the Black Metal Festival (I use the term "festival" lightly) that's on this weekend.

Tell me about it. Sooner or later someone is going to realise that I'm not doing anywhere near as much work as I should be. :shock:

How about... "Not just yet." :lol:

I guess I'm partially responsible that Kev didn't got much work done this morning. LOL
    So Kev...are you taking the wife and kid with you to our goodbye dinner? I'll introduce myself as one of the assholes who keeps you busy and away from your actual job. ;)
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Evican wrote:Completely unrelated, but... Look up "Vegemite Kitten" on google images. :lol:

wow #1 position, impressive!

#1 AND #2 actually :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler

by prof. wedgie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 am

the only thing I'd change would have an extra day or two and not have the bands playing so late, but I'm definitely going next year if its on
    Cabin 3555!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:25 am

---and now I have to wish for the cruise to start one week later: one of my two travel-mates wouldn't be able to attend the last week of January...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Whatabout a Promocode for fucking - eeh, frequent Cruisers?
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Lal@ wrote:Whatabout a Promocode for fucking - eeh, frequent Cruisers?

---I know what you did last winter ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:49 pm

a promo code would be great, because i'm sure i can get a few people to sign up for next year!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:44 pm

rhiawiz wrote:a promo code would be great, because i'm sure i can get a few people to sign up for next year!

NO SHIT!.....I have atleast a dozen that are def signing up for next year
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:a promo code would be great, because i'm sure i can get a few people to sign up for next year!

Same! Everyone who was umm-ing and ahh-ing about this year when I mentioned it to them are all super keen to go now after seeing all the pictures on Facebook. :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Evican wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

Same! Everyone who was umm-ing and ahh-ing about this year when I mentioned it to them are all super keen to go now after seeing all the pictures on Facebook. :lol:

he he.......she said Keen..... ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Evican wrote:Same! Everyone who was umm-ing and ahh-ing about this year when I mentioned it to them are all super keen to go now after seeing all the pictures on Facebook. :lol:

I still don't know any Jack-Wads who want to go after this. But I did get 3 people to book for the past one when I told them about it. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Take this info with a massive grain of salt, but reading through posts about the cruise on blabbermouth.net one commenter said they heard that the cruise is going to become a bi-annual event.

Call me a greedy and selfish fucker but I would be stoked if the next cruise wasn't until 2013 because we could totally save enough money in that time to do it again, but it would be a real stretch for us to be able to go if the next cruise is in 2012 :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Take this info with a massive grain of salt, but reading through posts about the cruise on blabbermouth.net one commenter said they heard that the cruise is going to become a bi-annual event.

Call me a greedy and selfish fucker but I would be stoked if the next cruise wasn't until 2013 because we could totally save enough money in that time to do it again, but it would be a real stretch for us to be able to go if the next cruise is in 2012 :P

Don't even start to mess with my mind on that one. Granted, bi annual is easier on the pocketbook, but mentally I'm already on the 2nd cruise, so this will be a big kick in the pants if it doesn't happen. Logic dictates that part of the reason there were hiccups with this year (slow announcements, etc.) is because they were also prepping for next years event at the same time (much in the same way video game developers start production on the next version of a game before the current one even ships to stores).

Living in Florida eases the financial pain for me. But this info on the main site seems to make it clear there will be one in 2012:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    BOOK A CABIN

Bookings have ended.

Bookings for 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 will start soon.

Thank you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 pm

KevinP wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------
    BOOK A CABIN

Bookings have ended.

Bookings for 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 will start soon.

Thank you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

my mouth foamed a little - i cant wait to hear the first detail. Im seriously thinking this thing might sell out, i mean, everyone seems like they're returning PLUS 3; I hope that priority thing is true!
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:I'm seriously thinking this thing might sell out

I would wager everything I own or ever will own on that happening unless the costs go way up after the first one due to increased insurance requirements or something. Lots of cigarette damage to the Chorus Line Theatre I bet and I saw some broken light fixtures and what not as well as some damage in elevators that 'looked' fresh.

tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I would wager everything I own or ever will own on that happening unless the costs go way up after the first one due to increased insurance requirements or something. Lots of cigarette damage to the Chorus Line Theatre I bet and I saw some broken light fixtures and what not as well as some damage in elevators that 'looked' fresh.

Yeah...you also have to cross your fingers that the damage to the rooms was minimal and that the staff was treated respectfully and all that good shit...I don't know though...from my tiny vantage point things looked pretty tame for the most part :cheers:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:24 pm

tmcasper wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

Yeah...you also have to cross your fingers that the damage to the rooms was minimal and that the staff was treated respectfully and all that good shit...I don't know though...from my tiny vantage point things looked pretty tame for the most part :cheers:

yeah, i tipped for everything, and i saw alot of people tipping well and treating them with respect, even befriending them, so im sure they didnt have much to complain about.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm setting the wheels in motion to try and be able to afford to do it again!!

Transferred my Mastercard to one that earns frequent flyer points and will do the same for my Visa and Amex :lol:

Was never a member of any frequent flyer program until a few months ago - really wish I'd got involved sooner though!
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:37 am

Money ready... Just waiting... And waiting to hear the first announcement!! This god damn ship is mine for 2012!!! Haha... I did hear from someone possibly April they will start booking again... Consider me booking number 1!!! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 am

sheila wrote:Money ready... Just waiting... And waiting to hear the first announcement!! This god damn ship is mine for 2012!!! Haha... I did hear from someone possibly April they will start booking again... Consider me booking number 1!!! :death:

I just want an announcement this month, I'm not waiting til April :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 am

KevinP wrote:
    sheila wrote:Money ready... Just waiting... And waiting to hear the first announcement!! This god damn ship is mine for 2012!!! Haha... I did hear from someone possibly April they will start booking again... Consider me booking number 1!!! :death:

I just want an announcement this month, I'm not waiting til April :lol:

If Captain Metal is a reliable source then we should have an announcement next week some time.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:16 am

Ravenlord wrote:If Captain Metal is a reliable source then we should have an announcement next week some time.

As reliable as you are going to get without seeing an official announcement posted on the main site. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 am

of course i'm going to be on the cruise in 2012!!!!!!!!!!
    i still have to get my pictures back from mike, but this was the ultimate cruise.
    me and wendy went to orlando to see disney and universal. disney was more or loess a buzzkill and universal was good.
    but perhaps we should have done it the other way around...
    however, we had much fun as we got through universal with walter (wallie wallie) and sander who were also on the cruise and had some dinner, drinks and laughs with (once again) wallie wallie, sander, kevin, werner and moniek (sabaton) and just remembering the cruise.

it was great you guys!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:16 am

bi-annual would be perfect
    but yes...I do wanna go back on the Majesty as soon as possible :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:23 am

SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:23 am

After seeing what the suite looked like on one of the videos of Andy.....I WANT A SUITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah! Party in my place for 2012!!!!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 am

debborah1 wrote:After seeing what the suite looked like on one of the videos of Andy.....I WANT A SUITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah! Party in my place for 2012!!!!!

Did you spend any time at all in your room? I never did, so to pay for a suit to hold my suitcase and to take a shower seems like a waste of cash. IF there was a need to have a party in the room I could understand. But who would want tp party in the room with all the other cool stuff going on elsewhere ???
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:31 am

KevinP wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:After seeing what the suite looked like on one of the videos of Andy.....I WANT A SUITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah! Party in my place for 2012!!!!!

Did you spend any time at all in your room? I never did, so to pay for a suit to hold my suitcase and to take a shower seems like a waste of cash. IF there was a need to have a party in the room I could understand. But who would want tp party in the room with all the other cool stuff going on elsewhere ???

yeah I know....ur right.....I didnt even spend a total of 10 hours in my cabin!....no time to sleep!! That suite just looked sooo good!...a nice big bed and all....with what looked like a bar too.
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah that is a real Catch-22. On the one hand a suite would be awesome! Bar, couch, balcony, more room..... but I didn't spend hardly any time in my room either. Shower and sleep and that was it. I booked late and got stuck paying extra for a room with a porthole..... overrated, especially when trying to sleep and the sun is up....
    SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:39 am

debborah1 wrote:yeah I know....ur right.....I didnt even spend a total of 10 hours in my cabin!....no time to sleep!! That suite just looked sooo good!...a nice big bed and all....with what looked like a bar too.

I did think that initially too, since I'm someone who always gets a balcony on past cruises. I spent some time in the room sand I actually slept a normal amount. Plus I wasn't at shows til 4am and them karaoke til 7am.

It's a nice dilemna to have though :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Someone needs to get in touch with Francois and get him to build a stage on the pool deck :headbanger:

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

i guess Fearfactory would be out of the question for 2012 :lol:

Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Someone needs to get in touch with Francois and get him to build a stage on the pool deck :headbanger:

And put some metal action figures on the deck :)
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Swashbuckle figures! Raise the Jolly Roger!
    SURVIVOR:

grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Depends on my money situation and school. I am still leary though because of the refund issue.
    However I demand Crowbar play next year. Don't worry..they won't weigh the boat down. They've all lost weight. :lol:
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
Locked 398 posts