Locked 398 posts
70K Tons of Metal Cruise 2012?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: 70K Tons of Metal Cruise 2012?

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:50 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Hey just had an idea before we all book 2012, I remember that when I booked I had my choice of which deck that I wanted to be on.

I vote for COMPLETELY taking over a deck for the forum family alumni, what do you guys think?

:party: :givebeer: :cheers: :heavydrink: :headbanger:

I love it and agree with Ryan. Choose a cheaper deck like 2 or 3, talk with Allison about keeping us all in one centralized area based on our specific cabin/bunk needs and have those who want cabins on pricier decks come down and slum with us at their leisure.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:11 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Hey just had an idea before we all book 2012, I remember that when I booked I had my choice of which deck that I wanted to be on.

I vote for COMPLETELY taking over a deck for the forum family alumni, what do you guys think?

I love it and agree with Ryan. Choose a cheaper deck like 2 or 3, talk with Allison about keeping us all in one centralized area based on our specific cabin/bunk needs and have those who want cabins on pricier decks come down and slum with us at their leisure.

Count myself and Metalwrath (and whoever joins us) in! (assuming we can get the $666 cabins :D )
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Well Monday would be like 2 weeks and i found this clip so perhaps this will be the beginning of booking please listen and pay attention to how it is said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2oShnqC ... r_embedded
    Rum Runner
    Petty Officer

by Rum Runner » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:09 pm

FLORIDABOYS wrote:Myself and my two cabin buddies will be back for 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!! :death:

Dude! Don't call us "cabin buddies"! That just sounds wrong wrong wrong! If I want a "buddy" in the cabin, I'm pretty sure I could do better than you. Love ya brother and have for 25 years but you're no chick, that's for sure! :P :lol:

And I had an amazing time on the 2011 cruise so I really really want to come back for 2012. I'm a little over 90% yes for budgetary reasons. I'm hopeful but it's early for promises right now.
    "And the ship sails on / Back to the north / Through the fog and ice / And the albatross follows on" -- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Make it a lower deck. Homie's gotta watch the Benjamins :?

Edit: Nobody except those who know American currency have any idea what I'm talking about :lol:

Cheap bastard, at least we know we have 4 in our cabin one way or another.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 am

Kit nobody is ever in their room what's the point of trying to stay together? There was no problem hanging out last time, so it shouldn't matter this time.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:26 am

KevinP wrote:Kit nobody is ever in their room what's the point of trying to stay together? There was no problem hanging out last time, so it shouldn't matter this time.

Speak for yourself bro. I missed meeting many ppl and lots of the impromptu group gatherings. I'm just not quite the beacon of hilarity and good times that you, Debb, Rhia, Karhl and others are. Having a majority of forum foot traffic in one or two centralized areas would greatly increase the chances of running into more ppl more often. Just my 2 c

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:54 am

^Have to agree with you there. We were on deck 6 and I never saw anyone there. I did meet lots of great people on the cruise but almost none of the forum folks.
    Mostly my not running into forum folks was due to the fact that I spent most my time in the Spectrum (with the 50 to 100 other ones into smaller bands) and none could've dragged me to the karaoke place. We had the metal karaoke thing here in Finland a few years back and it grew too big: every single metal or rock bar had to have karaoke nights every Friday and Saturday. That grows old pretty fast and I got really fed up with it.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:36 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm just not quite the beacon of hilarity and good times that you, Debb, Rhia, Karhl and others are.

:lol: :lol:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:38 am

KevinP wrote:Kit nobody is ever in their room what's the point of trying to stay together? There was no problem hanging out last time, so it shouldn't matter this time.

I'll stick to deck 6 unless none of my friends from Switzerland join me again - and then I'd have to go wherever I'll be welcome ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:40 am

sounds good! deck 2 and 3 are perfect.
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:04 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Speak for yourself bro. I missed meeting many ppl and lots of the impromptu group gatherings. I'm just not quite the beacon of hilarity and good times that you, Debb, Rhia, Karhl and others are. Having a majority of forum foot traffic in one or two centralized areas would greatly increase the chances of running into more ppl more often. Just my 2 c

I'll get a leash and drag you around if it makes it easier for you. I have to get one for Karhl anyway. :lol:

Or I'll wear Deb's hat again so I'm easier to spot. But I never had a problem finding people and meeting up. My cattle wrangler skills were put to good use.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:34 am

gnoff wrote:Deck 6 was nice, easy to get to both 5 and 7 with easy access to the other side of the ship.
    Easy to get to deck 7 outside for muster drill and outdoor smoking.
    Normally very quiet, though I did wake to the faint sounds of Blind Guardian during one of my naps ;)
    Not too far to take the stairs up to 11, to avoid the very slooooow elevators :lol:
    Easy to get to the merch room.

yeah, deck 6 worked :)

I met one of the guys from Trouble at reception at 4am one night. He was pretty angry because they were on deck 6 and were not big fans of the Karaoke as it was keeping them up every night. They must have been right below the Boleros Lounge which must suck (if you're not in the Boleros Lounge all night ;) ).
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:41 am

Next year all I ask is to be in a cheap cabin and close to the elevators. Damn it's a long walk when your cabin is at the very front of the ship!
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 am

We stayed at Deck 4, close to the Elevators and the Lobby - didn't hear any Noise from Outside and were very close to everything. Want that Room again.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:56 am

Lal@ wrote:We stayed at Deck 4, close to the Elevators and the Lobby - didn't hear any Noise from Outside and were very close to everything. Want that Room again.....

you must have been right by us then!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Was in deck 2 next to the elevators and you could hear a pin drop in the hallways. It was excellent.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Lal@ wrote:We stayed at Deck 4, close to the Elevators and the Lobby - didn't hear any Noise from Outside and were very close to everything. Want that Room again.....

you must have been right by us then!

We never saw anyone else in our Row, except a bag on the last evening....
    :metalguy:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:08 pm

The only problem I had with Deck 6(aka, "The Deck That Didn't Exist") was I was pretty blasted later on in the first night & couldn't for the life of me figure out that I had to go back to the front of the ship if I was on either Deck 5 or 7 to get to it. I stumbled around the main lobby area for a a good while with this :? face on. Later, I obviously figured it out, but it had me for a while there. :lol:
    D E C K 6
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    gnoff wrote:Deck 6 was nice, easy to get to both 5 and 7 with easy access to the other side of the ship.
    Easy to get to deck 7 outside for muster drill and outdoor smoking.
    Normally very quiet, though I did wake to the faint sounds of Blind Guardian during one of my naps ;)
    Not too far to take the stairs up to 11, to avoid the very slooooow elevators :lol:
    Easy to get to the merch room.

yeah, deck 6 worked :)

I met one of the guys from Trouble at reception at 4am one night. He was pretty angry because they were on deck 6 and were not big fans of the Karaoke as it was keeping them up every night. They must have been right below the Boleros Lounge which must suck (if you're not in the Boleros Lounge all night ;) ).

wendy told me I could be heard two decks below when I did oops i did it again hahaha :lol:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:Was in deck 2 next to the elevators and you could hear a pin drop in the hallways. It was excellent.

Yeah, I was on deck 3 right by the elevators and never waited more than a minute or so for an elevator so had no issues getting where I wanted to be. Only thing I'd change would be to take an interior cabin so as to avoid having a window.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:31 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Was in deck 2 next to the elevators and you could hear a pin drop in the hallways. It was excellent.

Yeah, I was on deck 3 right by the elevators and never waited more than a minute or so for an elevator so had no issues getting where I wanted to be. Only thing I'd change would be to take an interior cabin so as to avoid having a window.

I rather enjoyed having the porthole. The sunlight helped me wake up early enough to shower and eat breakfast before all the music started. Somehow, my body was in superhero mode all week, including in Miami. Three hours of sleep a night and tons of drinking yet no hangovers or fatigue to speak of until the final night.

You actually took the elevators? Those things took forever. I grabbed them a few times but found it quicker (and a way to at least get some exercise in) to just take the stairs all the way up.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Yeah, mostly when going from 3 to 11 though. Seemed just as fast and my legs aren't in shape for sprinting up 8 flights :oops:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:38 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Yeah, mostly when going from 3 to 11 though. Seemed just as fast and my legs aren't in shape for sprinting up 8 flights :oops:

Well, start working out for next year :lol: I admit, those stairways got pretty damn long at some points though it was fun to scream down them at a high rate of speed. I was going so fast a couple times that I started to get dizzy around deck 5 or so. I can't believe that I never fell.
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:06 pm

mooyagi wrote: I grabbed them a few times but found it quicker (and a way to at least get some exercise in) to just take the stairs all the way down.

www.lalasreisen.de
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:13 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Yeah, mostly when going from 3 to 11 though. Seemed just as fast and my legs aren't in shape for sprinting up 8 flights :oops:

Well, start working out for next year :lol: I admit, those stairways got pretty damn long at some points though it was fun to scream down them at a high rate of speed. I was going so fast a couple times that I started to get dizzy around deck 5 or so. I can't believe that I never fell.

The stairs sprint was the best!

I never took any elevator on the boat, not even once. Those 5 days were good for my legs!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:58 pm

AlabastRDisastR wrote:The only problem I had with Deck 6(aka, "The Deck That Didn't Exist") was I was pretty blasted later on in the first night & couldn't for the life of me figure out that I had to go back to the front of the ship if I was on either Deck 5 or 7 to get to it. I stumbled around the main lobby area for a a good while with this :? face on. Later, I obviously figured it out, but it had me for a while there. :lol:

Haha! Yes, the "tween deck" as it was described in the elevators.

I was very happy with Deck 6. Right smack bang in the middle of the ship so there was no problem with noise from other decks. :D And having to take the stairs because only the one set of elevators actually stopped on Deck 6 suited me fine.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:02 pm

viathyn wrote:I never took any elevator on the boat, not even once. Those 5 days were good for my legs!

Same!! (Except when I was with those that didn't want to take the stairs. It was about 5 times I think) I lost just under 2kg while abroad! I put it down to the walking back and forth from one end of the ship to the other and running up and down the stairs. :headbanger:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:43 pm

The way those stairs are laid out, could be fun to find a small window of time to have races on them some time. Top to bottom and back. Winner advances to next round. I know, it'd never happen. Random idea :?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:The way those stairs are laid out, could be fun to find a small window of time to have races on them some time. Top to bottom and back. Winner advances to next round. I know, it'd never happen. Random idea :?

Nothing is impossible on a boat that sets alcohol sales records :givebeer:
    Rum Runner
    Petty Officer

by Rum Runner » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:43 pm

We had a corner interior cabin on Deck 4 (two blocks down the right hall from the elevators) and loved it. No music sound bleed, nearly no hallway noise, close to the lifts (which could be slow but mostly were okay) and close to the Centrum with easy access to several places from there. As long as I didn't have Floridaboys Robb and his bad knees and worse back with me, I took the stairs a lot myself. I don't think it helped me lose any weight though. :cry:
    "And the ship sails on / Back to the north / Through the fog and ice / And the albatross follows on" -- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:56 pm

I was on Deck 2 and I never heard anyone else or the karaoke bar or whatever else was bothering some of you guys, but it may be because I brought my netbook and some speakers and was always blasting my music.

I went to a party college, so I dunno... non-stop people partying, singing, talking, screwing, smoking, snorting, whatever.... I guess it just doesn't really bother me when I'm in a party atmosphere.... I prollly could have curled up on a chair in the Windjammer and slept in there all week if I had to. I was having waaaaay to much fun to bitch about ANYTHING! :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Ravenlord wrote:I met one of the guys from Trouble at reception at 4am one night. He was pretty angry because they were on deck 6 and were not big fans of the Karaoke as it was keeping them up every night. They must have been right below the Boleros Lounge which must suck (if you're not in the Boleros Lounge all night ;) ).

Call me a vindictive bastard but I find myself taking a bit of sick pleasure in this since the whole band except Bruce ditched the meet n' greet. :lol:

I hope Bruce had earplugs though

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:26 am

mooyagi wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:The way those stairs are laid out, could be fun to find a small window of time to have races on them some time. Top to bottom and back. Winner advances to next round. I know, it'd never happen. Random idea :?

so, let's spice things up a little and add another rule to it: one beer has to be killed, too :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:53 am

Right after Amon Amarth's first set I had to hurry upstairs to catch Dark Tranquillity's first set and about 17 people crammed into the elevator. We were stuck in there for 20-30 minutes and I missed the first 3 songs of Dark Tran's set. When a guy came and openned the hatch I saw a guy standing on the next floor up and shouted up to him. He looked down and :shock:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Stained Class wrote:Right after Amon Amarth's first set I had to hurry upstairs to catch Dark Tranquillity's first set and about 17 people crammed into the elevator. We were stuck in there for 20-30 minutes and I missed the first 3 songs of Dark Tran's set. When a guy came and openned the hatch I saw a guy standing on the next floor up and shouted up to him. He looked down and :shock:

aww wow i didn't know anyone was stuck in the elevators! yuck! i took the stairs a lot but next time i may just take the stairs 100% of the time to be sure this doesn't happen, because i would NOT be a fan.

did one of those guys in the white jumpsuits rescue you?
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Right after Amon Amarth's first set I had to hurry upstairs to catch Dark Tranquillity's first set and about 17 people crammed into the elevator. We were stuck in there for 20-30 minutes and I missed the first 3 songs of Dark Tran's set. When a guy came and openned the hatch I saw a guy standing on the next floor up and shouted up to him. He looked down and :shock:

aww wow i didn't know anyone was stuck in the elevators! yuck! i took the stairs a lot but next time i may just take the stairs 100% of the time to be sure this doesn't happen, because i would NOT be a fan.

did one of those guys in the white jumpsuits rescue you?

:lol: yep! Elevators are fine, but only if you follow the rules on the wall, if its full then don't bother. Theres a few people that Definitely avoided elevators the rest of the trip though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 pm

rhiawiz wrote:did one of those guys in the white jumpsuits rescue you?

they're coming to take me away haha, they're coming to take me away haha hihi hoho :lol:

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:did one of those guys in the white jumpsuits rescue you?

they're coming to take me away haha, they're coming to take me away haha hihi hoho :lol:

to the Funny Farm....HAHAH! i haven't heard that one in a very long time!!!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:37 pm

last_candle wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

so, let's spice things up a little and add another rule to it: one beer has to be killed, too :cool:

I like this! :givebeer:
Locked 398 posts