Locked 398 posts
70K Tons of Metal Cruise 2012?
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70K Tons of Metal Cruise 2012?

by STACH100 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 am

Do you suppose the kid's Mom & Dad are proud of him?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 am

STACH100 wrote:Do you suppose the kid's Mom & Dad are proud of him?

ha haa....I would be!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:24 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:like you said Kevin, it's all just bout laundry...

I did "lift" that bit of material: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WSD6Y2YWj4
    Most of my humor is either influenced or an homage to Seinfeld / Curb Your Enthusiam :beerwink:

+1
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 pm

I reckon that the 2012 Cruise should depart from Australia :P

There are even a couple of Royal Carribbean ships that operate out of Sydney - they are a tiny bit smaller than Majesty of the Seas though.

But yeah - food for thought. It would be great if 70,000 Tons grew into something so incredibly awesome that they could make it a 'global' phenomenon, departing from a different port around the world each year.

Along that line of thinking, I did come across a post on the Saxon board (http://forum.saxon747.com/showpost.php?p=33600) from someone that was on the cruise, stating they heard a rumour that 2012 would depart from the Mediterranean.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I reckon that the 2012 Cruise should depart from Australia :P

There are even a couple of Royal Carribbean ships that operate out of Sydney - they are a tiny bit smaller than Majesty of the Seas though.

But yeah - food for thought. It would be great if 70,000 Tons grew into something so incredibly awesome that they could make it a 'global' phenomenon, departing from a different port around the world each year.

Along that line of thinking, I did come across a post on the Saxon board (http://forum.saxon747.com/showpost.php?p=33600) from someone that was on the cruise, stating they heard a rumour that 2012 would depart from the Mediterranean.

Highly doubt it. I would expect Miami or Ft. Lauderdale again. Maybe if it gets bigger, then it can go in the Mediterranean, but Europeans already have enough festivals. Let's keep this one in North America! :headbanger: (sorry, Aussies - I would love to visit your country, though).
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:18 pm

gnoff wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:
    gnoff wrote:

Of course it does, it/they have all the knights, the swords, the flames, the warriors, the dragons, the metal, the brothers, yeah, all that shiny epic cool stuff.

All we poor death metal are left with is death and decay

Don't forget the unicorns ;)

Ah yes, those too :D

Are there any butterflies and dolphins?
    Perhaps all the classic tattoo motives :D

Hmm, or did the death metal guys have all those already?
    I'm pretty sure Nile had a song about beautiful butterflies last Saturday, but the lyrics was a bit hard to hear.

i LIKE death and decay!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 pm

rhiawiz wrote:i LIKE death and decay!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

I LIVE for it! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    I made the Devil do it.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:i LIKE death and decay!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

I LIVE for it! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

indeed. we even die a little each day for it. doesn't get any more death than that.
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:13 am

I doubt it will depart from Mediterranean also. It looks expensive to depart there and for some of the people who went.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 am

then the boat should leave from Rotterdam.
    quite capable of handling a very large vessel, and (looking at the map) pretty central for almost everyone!

indeed, Holland is the center of the world muahaha :viking:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:59 pm

THAT I would love - though I'd have to cut some less important things throughout the year...like food&stuff ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Marietje66
    Petty Officer

by Marietje66 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:then the boat should leave from Rotterdam.
    quite capable of handling a very large vessel, and (looking at the map) pretty central for almost everyone!

Yeah! let the boat leave from Rotterdam. That will spare us a 11 hour flight with a whining kicking kid in the seat behind us (twice!!). :D :D
    You're full of good ideas, Tim!
    Everybody is unique, except for me.
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Marietje66 wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:then the boat should leave from Rotterdam.

Yeah! let the boat leave from Rotterdam. That will spare us a 11 hour flight with a whining kicking kid in the seat behind us (twice!!). :D :D
    You're full of good ideas, Tim!

But frickin' cold in January!

Why not start in Somalia? Have a nice poolpit with some pirates. :deathmetal:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • lacunabliss
    Crewman

by lacunabliss » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm

And another rock/metal cruise here:

GetShipRocked.com
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm

lacunabliss wrote:And another rock/metal cruise here:

GetShipRocked.com

Lacuna! We haven't heard from you much lately. So what were your thoughts about 70K? :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    starlight
    Crewman

by starlight » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 am

I do not think, they they will switch the port to Europe.

Europe in January is no fun at all, maybe except the canary-islands. And to my opinion they cannot change the date let's say to june or july as in this time there are already way too many festivals and they wouldn't get enough people on board.

I think it will be January and Miami :cool:
    What will change in 2012 on the cruis?

Eat less (counterproductive)
      Sleep less (waste of time)
      Drink more -> PARTY MORE

2011: cabin 6529
    2012: cabin 6525
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 am

Not that I have any say in the matter but, if I did, I'd vote for Frisco as the port of departure just to shift coasts and give the long distance travelers some variety as well. :beerhorns:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:16 am

please for satan''s stake... no more miami... the city is nice... but 3 years in a row flying there... damn rather not... awh well.. if its in miami again... ill just fly 1 or 2 days up front and max 24 hours afterwards...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Not that I have any say in the matter but, if I did, I'd vote for Frisco as the port of departure just to shift coasts and give the long distance travelers some variety as well. :beerhorns:

Wouldn't mind that! Would be a much cheaper flight, or train ride. It sounds like from my conversation (errr...attempt at soliciting secret information) with Blake on the phone that it's probably going to be Miami, but none of it is confirmed. From the sound of that conversation, Andy and Allison keep Blake locked in a little cage with a phone solely to answer ticket requests :lol: He hasn't been told any details. Either that or he's lying to me and just didn't want to tell me anything knowing I'd blab about it on the forum :mrgreen:
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:07 pm

It would be awesome if they change to a "non-visa" port... i highly doubt about it though :? .

2012 announcements now or death!!!!!
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Not that I have any say in the matter but, if I did, I'd vote for Frisco as the port of departure just to shift coasts and give the long distance travelers some variety as well. :beerhorns:

San Fran in January? and people were complaining about the pool deck shows being cold off the coast of Florida? They would be unbearable cold sailing out of ANYWHERE in California in January. As much as I would like to avoid the plane tickets I say NO WAY to this, it has to be out of Florida, maybe New Orleans, but not California.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

San Fran in January? and people were complaining about the pool deck shows being cold off the coast of Florida? They would be unbearable cold sailing out of ANYWHERE in California in January. As much as I would like to avoid the plane tickets I say NO WAY to this, it has to be out of Florida, maybe New Orleans, but not California.

OMG BRRRRRRR...I agree with you Craig....The air in SF will cut right through you!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

OMG BRRRRRRR...I agree with you Craig....The air in SF will cut right through you!

yeah, it's nothing for it to be 40- 50 F in the middle of July, FORGET San Francisco!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:Wouldn't mind that! Would be a much cheaper flight, or train ride. It sounds like from my conversation (errr...attempt at soliciting secret information) with Blake on the phone that it's probably going to be Miami, but none of it is confirmed. From the sound of that conversation, Andy and Allison keep Blake locked in a little cage with a phone solely to answer ticket requests :lol: He hasn't been told any details. Either that or he's lying to me and just didn't want to tell me anything knowing I'd blab about it on the forum :mrgreen:

Yeah I never could get anything out of him on the phone or in person. He's either kept clueless or has a great poker face. :mrgreen:

My vote, Port Canaveral (makes my life that much easier). Plus I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't mind it's close proximity to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios & Seaworld.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Highly doubt it. I would expect Miami or Ft. Lauderdale again. Maybe if it gets bigger, then it can go in the Mediterranean, but Europeans already have enough festivals. Let's keep this one in North America! :headbanger: (sorry, Aussies - I would love to visit your country, though).

Nah we need more festivals.We don't have enough metal festivals in January :cry:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:07 pm

gnoff wrote:Sweden Rock Cruise 2011, if you just can't get enough cruise!

I'll be there.Are you going too?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 pm

I say bring on the San Fran sailing... We canuckleheads can handle the cold!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 pm

starlight wrote:I do not think, they they will switch the port to Europe.

Europe in January is no fun at all, maybe except the canary-islands. And to my opinion they cannot change the date let's say to june or july as in this time there are already way too many festivals and they wouldn't get enough people on board.

Spain and Greece are usualy decently warm at that time fo the year still.
    And lets face it their shitty economies could do with the money from tourism :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

And lets face it their shitty economies could do with the money from tourism :lol:

i'm down for a grecian cruise in Jan!
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

GetShipRocked.com

I took a look at these other cruises. This one is in November, isn't that hurricane season?

I'm sorry, but nothing holds a candle to 70,000 Tons of Metal!! :cheers:

I wish they could move it to after spring break time so it would be warmer, but maybe this was just a weird year for chilly weather in the Caribbean.
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:15 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

i'm down for a grecian cruise in Jan!

Sure! Greece to Antalya or Istanbul!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 pm

gnoff wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:I'll be there.Are you going too?

Nah, can't get more time off in the weeks, now, getting to be too much to do at work.
    Also not really my kind of bands playing this time around.

Yeah the lineup is pretty shit to be honest.I love seeing Doro to play.And might watch Primordial play.I figure being Irish i should probably check them out live at soem stage and see what they are like :lol:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 pm

gnoff wrote:

Nah, can't get more time off in the weeks, now, getting to be too much to do at work.
    Also not really my kind of bands playing this time around.[/quote]
    Yeah the lineup is pretty shit to be honest.I love seeing Doro to play.And might watch Primordial play.I figure being Irish i should probably check them out live at soem stage and see what they are like :lol:[/quote]

Ah well, the parties on those boats are awesome though, and gets only better on the metal ones.
    Have fun![/quote]
    I've been to these cruises in Sweden before.I know how they end up.Me waking up with random people in some place in Stockholm.
    vilesmile
    Wiper

by vilesmile » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:51 pm

I would absolutely go on 70000 tons 2012!!! That was the best week of my entire life! I met so many awesome people on board, my roomates were the SHIT, and I now have so many new friends!! Unless I am mortally wounded I will always be up for going on the cruise!
    I loved the line-up they had for 2011, I would have liked to have seen every single band for every show but I had to pick and choose. I would love if the next one was at least 1 day longer so we could have more time to watch and mingle. The others are right, it was feeling like a family onboard. It was so awesome going to eat and being able to just sit down and talk to a random person knowing that you have stuff in common with them! The chance to see and hang out with the bands was the most amazing experience to me! All the bands were so relaxed and easy going with us fans wanting to talk to them and get pictures, I can't thank them enough! It was a dream for me to meet Exodus, Testament, Death Angel, Uli Jon Roth, Forbidden and so many more...and 70000 Tons of metal made those dreams come true. I hope the next line up will have thrash metal on it again!!!
    Much LOVE and Thanks to all that made this cruise possible and the bands that were aboard!!!!!!!!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

vilesmile wrote:I would absolutely go on 70000 tons 2012!!! That was the best week of my entire life! I met so many awesome people on board, my roomates were the SHIT, and I now have so many new friends!! Unless I am mortally wounded I will always be up for going on the cruise!
    I loved the line-up they had for 2011, I would have liked to have seen every single band for every show but I had to pick and choose. I would love if the next one was at least 1 day longer so we could have more time to watch and mingle. The others are right, it was feeling like a family onboard. It was so awesome going to eat and being able to just sit down and talk to a random person knowing that you have stuff in common with them! The chance to see and hang out with the bands was the most amazing experience to me! All the bands were so relaxed and easy going with us fans wanting to talk to them and get pictures, I can't thank them enough! It was a dream for me to meet Exodus, Testament, Death Angel, Uli Jon Roth, Forbidden and so many more...and 70000 Tons of metal made those dreams come true. I hope the next line up will have thrash metal on it again!!!
    Much LOVE and Thanks to all that made this cruise possible and the bands that were aboard!!!!!!!!!

sweet! on this here forum, we say "onbroad" instead of onboard...just to be goofs of course. FYI! i am looking forward to meeting you onbroad in 2012! thrash chicks rule.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm

GetShipRocked.com

Good to see you are still around Lacuna :headbanger:

An interesting cruise - I'm sure I'll get a lot of derisive responses from here, but I really REALLY like IN THIS MOMENT.

Not much else on that lineup do anything for me, but there are a few things the 70,000 Tons organisers could 'borrow' from this cruise. Namely:

1. Children under 17 only $99 if you book a VIP Room - something like that would make it MUCH easier for us to bring our kids :D

2. VIP cabin packages include goodie bags (VIP laminate, drink ticket, shirt poster, etc)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

GetShipRocked.com

Good to see you are still around Lacuna :headbanger:

An interesting cruise - I'm sure I'll get a lot of derisive responses from here, but I really REALLY like IN THIS MOMENT.

Not much else on that lineup do anything for me, but there are a few things the 70,000 Tons organisers could 'borrow' from this cruise. Namely:

1. Children under 17 only $99 if you book a VIP Room - something like that would make it MUCH easier for us to bring our kids :D

2. VIP cabin packages include goodie bags (VIP laminate, drink ticket, shirt poster, etc)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yup! that band is absolute shit :cheers:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote:... but there are a few things the 70,000 Tons organisers could 'borrow' from this cruise...

Although a few of these resemble some activities we were offered in 2011, there's some great stuff here that could be borrowed from the Simple Man Cruise organizers also:

(my notes in bold)

Onboard activities

Lynyrd Skynyrd Q&A (Similar to a Meet & Greet but more)
    Since the band will be taking time away from cruising after this event, they want to be able to share a great experience with everyone! The band will be hosting a Q&A session on the Lido deck, where the entire ship can attend, and YOU will ask the questions. Simply drop a question by the Information Desk, and if yours is chosen, you will be called up to ask the question to the band yourself!

Photo With Lynyrd Skynyrd (interesting but not that much different from a meet n' greet)
    We're doing it up this year, and every single person on board will get a photo with the band! It will be with your entire cabin, and every guest will get one free download of the photo. We'll send more details about how it will work in a future email. Get fired up cruisers! Only 2 months away from taking a photo with Lynyrd Skynyrd!

Michael Cartellone Art Presentation (Stach Gallery anyone???)
    Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer, Michael Cartellone, presents a slideshow/Q & A, highlighting 40 new works. The first 100 people get a free postcard sized print of his amazing painting of Johnny VanZant!

Guitar clinic with Rickey Medlocke (Not crazy about the raffle aspect of it. Seems the clinics went off okay without them on our cruise although I did hear that Uli's Sky Academy presentation had one of the longer lineups of the trip)
    Rickey will be hosting a limited admission guitar clinic while on board! Since space is limited, you can purchase a raffle ticket in the merch store, and all proceeds from sales go to charity. Sign ups are until Sunday at 1pm, and winners will be notified by 2pm via a note under their door.

Q&As (Again, a bit more than a meet n' greet but no big deal in my opinion)
    Get in on EVEN MORE Q&A sessions with the bands you love! 38 Special, Little Feat & Blackberry Smoke will be giving you their undivided attention in separate Q&A sessions. Drop your questions by the Information Desk for each one, and get ready for behind the scenes action.

Bingo with 38 Special (Funny. Maybe something more like having Korpiklaani hosting a drinking game?)
    Don Barnes & other members of 38 Special will be hosting this classic game! Shout it loud, everyone- you could win some amazing prizes!

Artist vs Artist Trivia (Again, funny. Maybe artists vs fans vying for the Chunk of Rusted Iron award or something)
    Artists in teams of two will compete for the sought after Golden Robots and street cred in this hilarious game of smarts.

Fashion Show with the X Brothers (I'm sure our ladies would love to see Tyr involved in something of this nature haha)
    Show off your smokin’ formal outfits with this hilarious fashion show on Camo Formal Night! The X Brothers will choose their favorite entries, and the audience will decide the winner. Sign up at the Info Desk, and you could win great prizes.

Mixology Party (A forum fiend family favourite I'm sure)
    Join Heather Luttrell as she hosts a mixology class. You’ll be able to whip up your own cocktails, and if yours is the best, it will be a featured drink that day!

Southern Rock Trivia (Sub-genre specific trivia perhaps?)
    Test your knowledge of southern rock in this bar-room-trivia style contest. You can sign up your teams of 6 or less at the Info Desk on board, and everyone is sure to enjoy the People’s Choice activity winner!

Pool Games (Another elaboration on an existing theme as we had belly flop. I could do without the men's wet T. I say we go old school on that one and have it with female contestants)
    Spend your afternoon by the pool with crazy artist hosted shenanigans! Gear up for the cannonball, men’s wet t shirt, and belly flop contests between bands, and laugh your a$$ off. Be sure to sign up at the Info Desk- space is limited!

Vow Renewal (Something cool for the many honeymooners and other couples celebrating milestones etc? Not for me but a nice touch I suppose)
    Tell that special someone just how much they mean to you. Take this opportunity to renew the vows you made to each other years, months, weeks, or even just days ago, with a special guest officiant.

Ask Sixthman Panel (Would this be like "Ask Andy, Allison & Blake"?)
    It’s time to start asking the tough questions, cruisers! Whether you’ve been on the cruise 5 times, or this is your first time, the Ask Sixthman panel is your chance to ask whatever has been burning in your mind all year.

Beer Pong Open Play (Booze games never fail haha)
    The People’s Choice contest was such a close call, we couldn’t ignore the contingency of people who want to go back to their rowdy roots and play some old fashioned beer pong! We’ll have tables & ping pong balls set up so you can get to bouncing. It’s BYOB.

Beer & Wine Tastings (More booze but I say we get Scott, Gnoff, Rhia and some of our other resident experts involved in something beer related. Maybe it's early enough to get them involved in bringing some specialty beers on broad for all to enjoy?)
    Carnival will host these tastings, and you get the chance to do something a little different than your everyday fare. Admission is $10- $12.50, and space is limited. Be sure to sign up at the Shore Excursions Desk once you're on board.

Lido photo (Still kills me that we never got a huge forum group photo together. We did take/pose for a couple in Boleros on Wednesday or Thursday night with about 20 of us that I've never seen posted. Anyone got one of those?)
    It’s family photo time again! After Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Q&A on the Lido, stick around and be a part of the largest family photo you’ve ever seen!

Tattoo Social Hour (No shortage of these to enjoy in the metal crowd that's for sure!)
    We know you guys have some pretty bad a$$ tattoos, so come on out & show them! Share your stories with friends, and live it up on the wild side.

Door Decorating Contest (Wow, they really think of everything don't they? And anything to win spending credit sounds good to me haha!)
    Since this is the 5th cruise, we want to hear your Top 5 List! Use the door decorating contest to tell us about your ultimate Top 5. It can be your top 5 concerts, top 5 favorite foods, songs, friends, cruise moments, anything you want! Get creative- the winners will receive onboard credit to help pay for that bar bill. The doorway dimensions are 22" W x 6'8" H. The sky is the limit with your creativity, but we ask that you don't do anything permanent or damaging to the door.

Theme nights (Funny and fun for those who like to play dress-up I guess. Could probably change the Biker theme to metal leathers or something and end up with pretty much the same results)

Pirate Night
    Dress up as a pirate or a wench. It's been a crowd favorite, so get out your eye patch and start yo ho ho-ing!

Camo Formal Night
    Don't want anyone to see you in your very best? Add the element of cover! Mix in your favorite pieces of camouflage and dress it up.

Biker Night
    It's time to bust out all your leathers and get ready to roar all night! Form your own gang, share stories from the road and feel the wind on your face.

I couldn't find it but I remember Scott posted a schedule of the week's events that also included gatherings for Forum Members as well as parties specifically for those returning for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th years respectively. Obviously, I'm a BIG fan of both these ideas. Just don't ask me to organize them lol

Any other ideas for our organizing crew you guys?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:55 pm

gnoff wrote:if we could find some time when not any good bands are playing (I can think of some bands they could book for that slot :D )

Did I just hear the faint sounds of BLACKGUARD!!!! being yelled all the way from the other side of the country?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:02 am

Disaster Area wrote:

Shows ya what I know lol. I had no clue that the weather wasn't decent there year round so was just thinking of what seemed like a logical West coast port city. How 'bout Seattle or Vancouver instead then? :lol:

• Locked 398 posts