Locked 317 posts
Regrets?
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Regrets?

by ragnaröks_roller » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:12 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures Anika!

Cool! I'm workin' on it. Unfortunately I've got a deadline for something else that has to be done on Thursday, but after that it's edit, edit, edit. On top of wanting to share with all you guys I've got a webzine (metal-rules.com, check it out) that's probably going to be featuring my work with the stories from their writers so I have to get this done! Speaking of, I should probably quit fucking around and actually get some of that done!

Oh, and the gems of you in the luche libre mask with the guys from Korpiklaani are killer. Can't wait to show you! I'll try to get those up muy rapido. :D
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:43 pm

I regret:

- Not meeting more of you guys/ Not getting to spend some quality time bullshitting. :cry:
    - Coming down with this horrible cold/virus/post-boat plague.(IS ANYONE ELSE ON THEIR DEATH BED, BTW?!)
    - Passing out as much as I did at extremely inconvenient times.
    - Those five Bloody Marys I drank for breakfast in record time on the second day.
    - The fact that someone decided it was okay to let Epica, Finntroll, & Blackguard on the boat.
    D E C K 6
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:47 pm

There are a couple of regrets I have. 1) Falling asleep during BOTH Blind Guardian sets. This is one band I've never seen and was looking forward to and I fall asleep both times. Maybe it's something about their music that triggers something in my brain, sleep apnea. (note to self: don't drive while listening to Blind Guardian)

2) Missing Iced Earth and Saxon meet and greet. They changed the times from what they had online. Kinda pissed me off, but after a few more beers I got over it pretty quick.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm

AlabastRDisastR wrote:I regret:

- The fact that someone decided it was okay to let Epica, Finntroll, & Blackguard on the boat.

I right there with you on Blackguard. But then again they did provide me some comic relief when I kept meeting band members and I kept telling them they are on every tour. Not sure if they took it as an insult or not since I beat that point into the ground. They seemed liked nice enough guys, even if their music blows donkey d!ck.

I had "peeps" onbroad that were Epica fans and minus Simone they ain't too bad. Finntroll I wanted to see but never got around to it.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah, I only caught one song from Finntroll, but they are coming around in a couple weeks with Ensiferum, Barren Earth and Rotten Sound so I'll get my death metal polka and grind fix in then.
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 pm

KevinP wrote:

I right there with you on Blackguard. But then again they did provide me some comic relief when I kept meeting band members and I kept telling them they are on every tour. Not sure if they took it as an insult or not since I beat that point into the ground. They seemed liked nice enough guys, even if their music blows donkey d!ck.

I had "peeps" onbroad that were Epica fans and minus Simone they ain't too bad. Finntroll I wanted to see but never got around to it.

Blackguard, though my friend seemed really stoked on them, I don't think I'd ever be able to get into. I'm not a fan of the whole folk metal thing to begin with(though Tyr & Korpiklanni did stick out to me), but Blackguard just sticks out to me as one of the ones that grates on me the most.

Epica minus Simone wouldn't be Epica. I really think they rely on that whole "HEY LOOK THERE'S A CHICK VOCALIST" thing. Musically, yea, not bad. But they chick novelty is what seems to grab people & they really use it.

Finntroll. Well. I have personal reasons as well as disliking their music. You didn't miss anything, apparently, btw. The guitarist was so smashed for both sets that the rest of the band kept screaming at him. Or so I heard. LOL @ them.
    D E C K 6
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Bentz! wrote:Yeah, I only caught one song from Finntroll, but they are coming around in a couple weeks with Ensiferum, Barren Earth and Rotten Sound so I'll get my death metal polka and grind fix in then.

Only got one of their sets, the day they come to Calgary is actually Valentines Day - I can't wait!!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:34 pm

AlabastRDisastR wrote:Epica minus Simone wouldn't be Epica. I really think they rely on that whole "HEY LOOK THERE'S A CHICK VOCALIST" thing. Musically, yea, not bad. But they chick novelty is what seems to grab people & they really use it.

NO WAY!

If you look at the bands that Mark Jansen has been in, they have both been with female lead vocalists. He writes music that suits a female lead and in no way is Epica part of the "Hey, let's have a hot chick vocalist so we get more fans/publicity". Bands such as Deadlock and In This Moment are bands that have a female vocalist for the novelty, not Epica. Hell, he's even got Simone and Floor doing guest vocals for his new band MaYan.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:38 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:Yeah, I only caught one song from Finntroll, but they are coming around in a couple weeks with Ensiferum, Barren Earth and Rotten Sound so I'll get my death metal polka and grind fix in then.

Only got one of their sets, the day they come to Calgary is actually Valentines Day - I can't wait!!

I'm looking REALLY forward to the show. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Barren Earth and absolutely can't wait to see them live. I wanted to go to Edmonton for it, but I'd have to take MORE time off work and spend MORE money, so no. I was thinking I could actually come for the Calgary show -- and see you lovely Calgarians in the process -- but it's still a time/money commitment and, as I'm sure I bitched and bitched to you already, I HATE McEwan Ballroom. I'm going to Regina, bought my tix today. Have fun!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

I'm looking REALLY forward to the show. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Barren Earth and absolutely can't wait to see them live. I wanted to go to Edmonton for it, but I'd have to take MORE time off work and spend MORE money, so no. I was thinking I could actually come for the Calgary show -- and see you lovely Calgarians in the process -- but it's still a time/money commitment and, as I'm sure I bitched and bitched to you already, I HATE McEwan Ballroom. I'm going to Regina, bought my tix today. Have fun!

Haha I know how that is, one of my buddies is going to California to see the Big Four and I still have the dream of jumping a plane to New York to catch Immortal - I have come to the conclusion that I need to make more money and have minimum 8 weeks worth of vacation time to pull of everything that I would like to go to lol.

Well to tempt you a bit into changing your mind, its not at Mac hall/ballroom but a club called the Republik that is awesome for metal shows and I have a spare room for you to crash in if you were stranded! I know Joey is going but any other fellow Calgarians hitting up that one? Seriously though, best Valentines day EVER. Have a blast at the Regina show!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:56 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:I'm looking REALLY forward to the show. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Barren Earth and absolutely can't wait to see them live. I wanted to go to Edmonton for it, but I'd have to take MORE time off work and spend MORE money, so no. I was thinking I could actually come for the Calgary show -- and see you lovely Calgarians in the process -- but it's still a time/money commitment and, as I'm sure I bitched and bitched to you already, I HATE McEwan Ballroom. I'm going to Regina, bought my tix today. Have fun!

Haha I know how that is, one of my buddies is going to California to see the Big Four and I still have the dream of jumping a plane to New York to catch Immortal - I have come to the conclusion that I need to make more money and have minimum 8 weeks worth of vacation time to pull of everything that I would like to go to lol.

Well to tempt you a bit into changing your mind, its not at Mac hall/ballroom but a club called the Republik that is awesome for metal shows and I have a spare room for you to crash in if you were stranded! I know Joey is going but any other fellow Calgarians hitting up that one? Seriously though, best Valentines day EVER. Have a blast at the Regina show!!

if you find a cheeep flight to denver (as there may be from Calgary), immortal is here thurs feb 24! can crash here.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

rhiawiz wrote:if you find a cheeep flight to denver (as there may be from Calgary), immortal is here thurs feb 24! can crash here.

:cry:

I can now completely relate to Anika lol. That would be more than worth the hit to my bank account but my work would kill me for taking more time off so soon (if I hear good things back from my job interview this morning then we might talk lol). Thanks for offering Rhia, the same goes for you coming up to the Great White North if you know.. you haven't gotten sick of the snow in Denver and want to see what its like in Canada :lol:
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Evican wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:Epica minus Simone wouldn't be Epica. I really think they rely on that whole "HEY LOOK THERE'S A CHICK VOCALIST" thing. Musically, yea, not bad. But they chick novelty is what seems to grab people & they really use it.

NO WAY!

If you look at the bands that Mark Jansen has been in, they have both been with female lead vocalists. He writes music that suits a female lead and in no way is Epica part of the "Hey, let's have a hot chick vocalist so we get more fans/publicity". Bands such as Deadlock and In This Moment are bands that have a female vocalist for the novelty, not Epica. Hell, he's even got Simone and Floor doing guest vocals for his new band MaYan.

That may be true, but I didn't see any other bands with head shots of their vocalists all done up & wind swept for sale in the merch room. Maybe its NOT the band's first choice of how they want to promote themselves...But at the end of the day, they are going that route. Its even starting to happen with Landmine Marathon now, which I'm really sad about. =/
    D E C K 6
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:23 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:Thought of another...
    Umm....I regret being "judgemental" and telling a certain lady who I ran into in the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning....that she is such a beautiful woman and shouldn't feel the need to walk around in a string bikini/thong the whole time to attract attention. :shock: :oops: It was the mother hen in me saying that...

But really, folks...TEHO.... :cheers:

No, don't regret your judement call on that woman because if it is the same women that I am thinking of, she was hitting and hanging on Sabaton's lead singer while we were playing air hockey. One of the female wait staff came up to her and said something about her attire and I almost got a ring side front row seat for a cat fight. Thong girl did not like what the waitress said to her and she was more then willing to go a few rounds.

ramble alert....
    Hi Michael D.,
    You know what? – I almost regret posting that “regret” – but it seems to have struck a nerve with some people – so maybe that’s a good thing. It reminds me of a thread on these forums months ago where people talked about the expected male/female ratio on the cruise. Some guy wrote something to the effect that he thought there would be more females than usual because of the availability/close proximity to the musicians (read “groupies”). For some of us women on the forum who are not groupies and really love the music for the music, we took some offense to that – and in fact one forum member wrote a really brilliant post in response that she sadly deleted. I was kind of hoping the thread could have morphed into an intelligent discussion about gender and metal issues, but it didn’t happen.

I really didn't intend on singling out anyone in particular who I think is/or might be a groupie – nor do I feel that I should pass judgment on them (even though I know it sounded that way when I talked to certain people about this on the cruise.) The whole “how one dresses” and what that says about a person is another topic that is really interesting to me. Don’t know if you saw the “appropriate attire” thread – but it was actually quite humorous. I myself took some good natured ribbing from the infamous KevinP about my "attire", i.e. for talking about and posting pix of my favorite black metal boots and talking about my long black leather “Shagrath” coat (both of which I did wear on the cruise!) :beerhorns: :beerhorns:

I tend to ramble – where was I? TEHO I guess (although I must admit I personally would NEVER wear a thong in public – which is how this started :lol: ;) :cheers: )

Hello back,
    Ramble all you want.
    I think that I did read the attire thread, especially if that was the tread were grimmy82 kept telling everyone to "Remove your clothes". Did you say that you have a pair of Stiletto heeled black leather boots? LOL. Oh and talk about KevinP's shoe attire. Crocs. LOL
    He will fire one back at me for that; I did give email him after reading that post.
    Oh and as a FYI, Finntroll and Ensiferum are playing in St. Paul this month (February, it may be this weekend during our Winter Carnival. Check out 4th Street Station's web site for dates. Road trip from Chicago)
    :viking:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Evican wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    asmegin wrote:I missed out getting a picture with Simone Simmons... :cry:

Nothing regretful about that. I assume she's as much of a bore in person/the sack as she is on stage ;)

She is quite reserved in person and comes off as a bit self-absorbed but she's really not. She's quite lovely and soft spoken in person. I get the feeling that she's nervous all the time for some reason. I think she's just one of those private people. However, the guys of Epica are a total scream! Well, maybe minus Yves, he's a little reserved too.

yeah, i think this, too, I was talking to Ariën and she came up and was pretty nice
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Evican wrote:

NO WAY!

Let's all just agree to disagree, I don't want to break up a cat fight :lol: We're still all riding high on the post cruise memories, so let's not damper anything. We have plenty of months prior to 2012 we can argue over nonsensical stuff. :mrgreen:

AlabastR I don't necessarily disagree with you, but Evican is my death metal buddy so I have to back her up :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal:

(and one can't count on Karhl for the Vegemite, so I have to stay on her good side :lol: )

Rach, when you get your hands on MAYAN audio samples let me know. Nothing is posted on their Myspace page yet & I'll need a reminder :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:14 pm

- Not meeting more of you guys/ Not getting to spend some quality time bullshitting. :cry:

NOW I'M GLAD WE DIDN'T MEET! FINNTROLL AND BLACKGUARD WERE THE TWO MOST FUN BANDS ON THE BOAT!!

For what it's worth, the night that Samuli (guitarist of Finntroll) passed out at the Schooner Bar and had to be wheeled off by the medics in a wheelchair, I was the one that bought him the last shot that almost killed him. So proud of myself.

Though I have to give equal credit to Admiral Nobeard and my Canadian friends whose names I can't remember (the 6'4" half-Japanese guy with the war paint and the short chick, I think her name was Kailey[?]). We just kept feeding Sam shots until he fell off his chair. And then Admiral Nobeard told the bartender "He's in a band, it's all good." Then we moved him to a couch, I totally don't remember what happened, and then the medics were there. I wish you could've all joined in on our fun :lol: :lol:
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 am

vikingbitch wrote:Well to tempt you a bit into changing your mind, its not at Mac hall/ballroom but a club called the Republik that is awesome for metal shows and I have a spare room for you to crash in if you were stranded! I know Joey is going but any other fellow Calgarians hitting up that one? Seriously though, best Valentines day EVER. Have a blast at the Regina show!!

I wrote a response to this earlier, but I believe I used the "F-word", albeit with lots of "u's". Looks like we're dealing with no-nonsense censoring now, that or I'm just out of practice on posting on the 70K forums!

At any rate, the sentiment of my post was, THE SHOW IS AT THE REPUBLIK?!?!?!? Dang! I wish I'd been paying more attention. At the same time, I'd still have to miss at least a day of work. Probably best I stick with Regina. I've never actually been down there for a show, and I've heard it's pretty OK. I actually called up and talked to the promoter for the show trying to ask about photo restrictions at the venue. Wouldn't you know it? I mentioned 70,000 Tons and it turns out she had free tix, but her passport expired and she didn't get her new one in time. She's CHOKED. We ended up chatting for a while and I'm going to seek her out at the show to talk more. Pretty awesome. I LOVE the way this is all working out! :D

Thanks for the offer of the couch, Viking Bitch, I might just have to take you up on that sometime, but it'll have to be when I come to Cow-town for a while, as my friends there will kill me if they know I was "cheating" on them with new friends! ;)
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:38 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Damn--he should of told who she was--maybe I would've had a chance!! LOl
    I gotta work on my game--that cute Dutch chick at metal karaoke didn't seem too impressed with my drunken charm.
    Maybe I should've gone with "We liberated you in WW2"

:D

Definitely would have worked if she was a fan of Sabaton! :lol:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 am

KDibildox wrote:yeah, i think this, too, I was talking to Ariën and she came up and was pretty nice

I can't believe Simone was actually out of her cabin when not on stage! Erik even got a photo with her and Oliver on the pool deck one night!

Come to think of it, I remember seeing you with Arien plenty of times but just couldn't place where I'd seen your face before. Now I know, you avatar. :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 am

I regret that I didn't get to see this strip show from the 1st row. It was a strip show, right? :D :D
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 am

I regret having wandering syndrome. Of the 16 bands I saw, I only caught half the show for the majority of them. I just constantly felt the need to move around because I knew that there was always so much happening. As a result I heard I missed some songs I love as well as some special stuff like Kai Hansen with Blind Guardian :cry:

I also regret not giving Tom Cruise a hug. Although I only saw him twice in passing. Still, missed opportunities. If it makes any difference *hug*
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:48 am

Pero wrote:Image
    I regret that I didn't get to see this strip show from the 1st row. It was a strip show, right? :D :D

Hmmm.... what is NuuXalike doing in front row checking his camera? :shock:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 am

KevinP wrote:Let's all just agree to disagree, I don't want to break up a cat fight :lol: We're still all riding high on the post cruise memories, so let's not damper anything. We have plenty of months prior to 2012 we can argue over nonsensical stuff. :mrgreen:

AlabastR I don't necessarily disagree with you, but Evican is my death metal buddy so I have to back her up :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal:

No cat fights, Kev! I promise, haha. I'm not the kind of person who let's a civilized debate disintegrate into an actual battle. Everyone is entitled to an opinion! No hard feelings, Rachel?

Ecliptica wrote:For what it's worth, the night that Samuli (guitarist of Finntroll) passed out at the Schooner Bar and had to be wheeled off by the medics in a wheelchair, I was the one that bought him the last shot that almost killed him. So proud of myself.

Though I have to give equal credit to Admiral Nobeard and my Canadian friends whose names I can't remember (the 6'4" half-Japanese guy with the war paint and the short chick, I think her name was Kailey[?]). We just kept feeding Sam shots until he fell off his chair. And then Admiral Nobeard told the bartender "He's in a band, it's all good." Then we moved him to a couch, I totally don't remember what happened, and then the medics were there. I wish you could've all joined in on our fun :lol: :lol:

High five to you, as you're my new favorite person ever. Samuli is actually the one who I have a personal problem with(this all happened last year. A really long story & it involves other people so I won't be telling it publicly, but suffice to say, I have a very good reason for thinking he's the worst person ever). NOW I'm really upset I missed this. :twisted: :lol:
    D E C K 6
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:28 am

AlabastRDisastR wrote:Its even starting to happen with Landmine Marathon now, which I'm really sad about. =/

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please Grace NOOOOOOO!
    Fortunately for Landmine Marathon, their type of music and vocal style would have to change greatly for the whole "we have a large following because we are a female fronted band" thing to work. Grace is such a sweetheart. :oops:
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:43 am

Bentz! wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:Its even starting to happen with Landmine Marathon now, which I'm really sad about. =/

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please Grace NOOOOOOO!
    Fortunately for Landmine Marathon, their type of music and vocal style would have to change greatly for the whole "we have a large following because we are a female fronted band" thing to work. Grace is such a sweetheart. :oops:

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW. LOL. Don't get me started. I've been seeing her more dolled-up & singled out lately. Someone's trying to push it(management? magazines? who knows.), even if the genre wouldn't really take to or support the idea.
    D E C K 6
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:44 am

AlabastRDisastR wrote:No cat fights, Kev! I promise, haha. I'm not the kind of person who let's a civilized debate disintegrate into an actual battle. Everyone is entitled to an opinion! No hard feelings, Rachel?

I remember recognizing you before being introduced while I was smashing into you during 1 or 2 mosh pits. I was thinking, she does not look happy about this, hopefully she isn't too pissed off at me when I tell her who I was. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:59 am

Michael D. wrote:
    Hello back,
    Ramble all you want.
    I think that I did read the attire thread, especially if that was the tread were grimmy82 kept telling everyone to "Remove your clothes". Did you say that you have a pair of Stiletto heeled black leather boots? LOL. Oh and talk about KevinP's shoe attire. Crocs. LOL
    He will fire one back at me for that; I did give email him after reading that post.
    Oh and as a FYI, Finntroll and Ensiferum are playing in St. Paul this month (February, it may be this weekend during our Winter Carnival. Check out 4th Street Station's web site for dates. Road trip from Chicago)
    :viking:

Hi there Michael D... time for more ramblin'.... :D (notice I didn't quote the mega rambles from earlier :lol: )
    a few comments

re: Grimmy - I think she has "remove your garments" in her sig - is that a Manowar song lyric or something? Grimmy is/was also the queen of enthusiasm on the "for the ladies" (hot guys thread - lol) - also a huge fan of some baseball player - wish she could have made it on the cruise - really wanted to meet her!!

re: the "Attire thread" - one of the funniest imo - it's here:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60&start=360 :lol: :lol: :lol:

re: me owning Stiletto heeled black leather boots? no - that would be Debb :cool: - she posted pix of them on the attire thread (evican and wildchild posted theirs too :cool: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60&start=400 ) - I was walking around with Debb when we set sail when she was wearing those - don't know how long she lasted in those!! I own a lot of black boots - mainly goth type - platform/"creeper"/army type - but no stilettos!

re: Kevin's crocs - still not quite sure what to make of those :lol:

re: Finntroll/Ensiferum - most likely I'll be going to the Chicago gig this month - they were two of the bands that I saw both full sets on the cruise - two of my very favorites!!!!
    Last edited by Laura on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:04 am

Ecliptica wrote:NOW I'M GLAD WE DIDN'T MEET! FINNTROLL AND BLACKGUARD WERE THE TWO MOST FUN BANDS ON THE BOAT!!

For what it's worth, the night that Samuli (guitarist of Finntroll) passed out at the Schooner Bar and had to be wheeled off by the medics in a wheelchair, I was the one that bought him the last shot that almost killed him. So proud of myself.

good grief - were you trying to kill the guy? (Samuli?) :shock:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:07 am

tyrwoman wrote:re: Kevin's crocs - still not quite sure what to make of those :lol:

Most people look likes douches, but I make them look good. Go ahead you can admit it, there is no shame in that :mrgreen:

Besides who else has the balls to wear them with a Morbid Angel shirt and gay biker hat :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 am

KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:re: Kevin's crocs - still not quite sure what to make of those :lol:

Most people look likes douches, but I make them look good. Go ahead you can admit it, there is no shame in that :mrgreen:

Besides who else has the balls to wear them with a Morbid Angel shirt and gay biker hat :lol: :lol: :lol:

all I can say is Breakin' the Law, Breakin' the Law... :cheers: :lol:
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 am

KevinP wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:No cat fights, Kev! I promise, haha. I'm not the kind of person who let's a civilized debate disintegrate into an actual battle. Everyone is entitled to an opinion! No hard feelings, Rachel?

I remember recognizing you before being introduced while I was smashing into you during 1 or 2 mosh pits. I was thinking, she does not look happy about this, hopefully she isn't too pissed off at me when I tell her who I was. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, getting smashed into goes with the territory, literally. I wouldn't be standing in the middle of the pit, otherwise. That's just mah gameface! :headbanger: :lol:
    D E C K 6
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 am

tyrwoman wrote:all I can say is Breakin' the Law, Breakin' the Law... :cheers: :lol:

It's such a disturbing visual, it RULES!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 am

KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:all I can say is Breakin' the Law, Breakin' the Law... :cheers: :lol:

It's such a disturbing visual, it RULES!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it does!!!! So much so - I had to quote it again :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Psycho
    Crewman

by Psycho » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 am

BlueRaevyn wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:Thought of another...
    Umm....I regret being "judgemental" and telling a certain lady who I ran into in the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning....that she is such a beautiful woman and shouldn't feel the need to walk around in a string bikini/thong the whole time to attract attention. :shock: :oops: It was the mother hen in me saying that...

But really, folks...TEHO.... :cheers:

No offense to her - but if you're talking about the same one....

I regret making out (and man, making out is a LOOSE term with what I vaguely recall happening) with said woman in public as she ripped my top off during karaoke the last night...I saw camera flashes, and don't remember much...but well :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I guess that's about the only regret I have.

Surely the same one... I was also wearing a thong(had some issues with having forgotten to bring bikinis to Miami :oops:), but I don't think I was unconvenient in any moment. I had shorts on whenever out of the pool and not too wet.

She was also attacking me, at this one night she was trying to take off my bikini tops at the karaoke bar :shock:

Earthwormzim wrote:Getting so drunk Thursday night that I couldn't remember how I got back to my room. Blacking out like that is always unnerving.

No such thing as being too drunk, you just didn't move or didn't puke enough :cool:

Disaster Area wrote:just one really:

Not finding out

THE TRUE IDENTITY OF WITCHBEAR!?
    :evil:

+70000
    I was complaining about it the whole time!

vikingbitch wrote: :lol: you weren't the only one. My cabin mate brought four suitcases with her: 1 for her make up, 1 for her shoes and 2 for her clothes. Her stuff completely took over our cabin, it was absolutely ridiculous!

That's madness. I brought only 2 tiny bags. Actually much smaller than most guys' bags. I see no need to have soooo many clothes.

Ecliptica wrote:

NOW I'M GLAD WE DIDN'T MEET! FINNTROLL AND BLACKGUARD WERE THE TWO MOST FUN BANDS ON THE BOAT!!

Ok. I have one word about Finntroll: Suomenruotsalaiset.

But the guys from Blackguard were indeed much fun!

I regret having lost my sunglasses :cry: Did anyone find green lensed aviators? C'mon, they're prescription lensed glasses, how come someone stole them? I'm pretty blind!

And I'm also kinda sorry if I was too inconvenient when I tried seducing politely inviting this one forumer inside the Jacuzzi :roll:
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 am

AlabastRDisastR wrote: That's just mah gameface! :headbanger: :lol:

I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley if I didn't know you already :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:23 am

KevinP wrote:

Funny you should say that, because Becky(the tall girl with black hair I was with all week)& I were walking my dog down an alley behind my house a few months back & this "normie" couple were walking towards us...They put their heads down & the boyfriend whispered "JUST KEEP WALKING" to the chick. We were like LOL REALLY, BRO?

Apparently I really am that terrifying.
    D E C K 6
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:55 am

I missed Amon Amarth, I had planned to see them the last night, but after 3 days of very little sleep I took what thought was going to be a nap zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, too late when I woke up.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Did the guy with the accent sound like Ahnold? :lol:

:lol: nope, it was an IRISH accent lol. Wasn't even talking to him at the time and was totally out of the blue, very entertaining :lol:

Oh and Scott no worries about Loomis, he was actually quite an adorable drunk. Very non-threatening and quite funny so its all good!

And yeah that wasn't even the worst with Camacho, I think not long after the limo ride to port him and the drummer decided "dibs" on me and my cabin mate. Well lets just say the drummer did pretty good and Camacho was getting bad for sake of his dignity and reputation as a player :lol: on the last night in Boleros (as awkwardly witnessed by Jamie and Inquisitor lol) he threw his arm around me, told me some "your beautiful" crap and swooped in for a kiss. Luckily I had stopped drinking before Amon Amarth and my reflexes were pretty good to dodge and he responded with "and she's smart too!" :lol: . Poor guy, he was a lot of fun though and a pretty nice guy - just yeah... he picked the wrong girl I guess lol.

My biggest regret on this ship? Having to leave it. I want to go back. Nooooooooow. :cry:

Ha ha hahaaaa.....Mark and Matt were telling me about that...OHHHH....if I could only share their stories.....BTW.....we dont call Matt "Mattress" for nothing.....hes had that nickname since the 80's lol ;) :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:33 pm

AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Funny you should say that, because Becky(the tall girl with black hair I was with all week)& I were walking my dog down an alley behind my house a few months back & this "normie" couple were walking towards us...They put their heads down & the boyfriend whispered "JUST KEEP WALKING" to the chick. We were like LOL REALLY, BRO?

Apparently I really am that terrifying.

THAT is friggin ridiculous. i am from Ohio, and you are not scary by any standards especially not columbus standards. wow. how dumb!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
Locked 317 posts