Locked 317 posts
Regrets?
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:36 pm

    rhiawiz wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Funny you should say that, because Becky(the tall girl with black hair I was with all week)& I were walking my dog down an alley behind my house a few months back & this "normie" couple were walking towards us...They put their heads down & the boyfriend whispered "JUST KEEP WALKING" to the chick. We were like LOL REALLY, BRO?

    Apparently I really am that terrifying.


    THAT is friggin ridiculous. i am from Ohio, and you are not scary by any standards especially not columbus standards. wow. how dumb!


    godamnit, no one is ever scared of me no mater how hard I try... :evil:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm
    Location: Mayville, Wisconsin

    Re: Regrets?

    by DragonLordJones » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:55 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:godamnit, no one is ever scared of me no mater how hard I try... :evil:


    wipe that goofy grin off your face first ... who would be scared :lol: j/k craig

    i know many people tell me i look unapproachable at first ... until they get to know me :cheers:
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

    DragonLordJones wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:godamnit, no one is ever scared of me no mater how hard I try... :evil:


    wipe that goofy grin off your face first ... who would be scared :lol: j/k craig


    yeah, I think my poor Wife is the only one ever subjected to my angry face. Even she doesn't really take it seriously though... :roll:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 142
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:45 pm
    Location: Leesburg, Florida

    Re: Regrets?

    by Sinister Realm » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 pm

    The only regret I have is missing Destruction. I missed them on the first day cause the schedule got a bit off. Their second show was really late on the Wed night and I was experiencing some serious motion sickness so I went back to my room with the intention of laying down and getting up for the Destruction set...well that never happened as I just couldn't pry myself out of bed.
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: Regrets?

    by Monmisreal » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:23 pm

    Bentz! wrote:Yeah, I only caught one song from Finntroll, but they are coming around in a couple weeks with Ensiferum, Barren Earth and Rotten Sound so I'll get my death metal polka and grind fix in then.


    Yea I went to that show a few nights ago. Barren Earth was good but Ensiferum definitely should have been the final band to play. They put on such a good active show that Finntroll was just boring to watch. I still enjoyed Finntroll's set but Ensiferum was the more enjoyable band to watch.

    I couldnt stand Rotten Sound and the other random band that opened here, but im not really a death metal guy either so that explains it.
    Last edited by Monmisreal on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • User avatar
    Ktulured55
    Ensign
    Posts: 1116
    Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

    Re: Regrets?

    by Ktulured55 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:47 pm

    Classic Kevin pic with 'The Hat' hee hee hee hee heee
    113591
    124581

    Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by KevinP » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:godamnit, no one is ever scared of me no mater how hard I try... :evil:


    Try 3 feet platform shoes
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:28 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:godamnit, no one is ever scared of me no mater how hard I try... :evil:


    wipe that goofy grin off your face first ... who would be scared :lol: j/k craig


    yeah, I think my poor Wife is the only one ever subjected to my angry face. Even she doesn't really take it seriously though... :roll:


    i am the same way...i try to look mean and it's just ridiculous....doesn't work at all for we happy faced chums
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:44 pm

    i'll tell you one thing i DO NOT regret - getting a cheaper interior cabin. i was NOT in the room very much, and i liked NOT having a window for daytime napping! (nice and dark). deck 4 interior was JUST FINE. we will not be springing for a fancy cabin next year, because we see no need as often as we were NOT in our room. bed, shower, done. we'll probably do an interior cabin on deck 4 or 5 next year too.

    we honestly don't think a slightly bigger room with a window would have improved our experience in any way whatsoever. just me and nick?
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 pm

    rhiawiz wrote:i'll tell you one thing i DO NOT regret - getting a cheaper interior cabin. i was NOT in the room very much, and i liked NOT having a window for daytime napping! (nice and dark). deck 4 interior was JUST FINE. we will not be springing for a fancy cabin next year, because we see no need as often as we were NOT in our room. bed, shower, done. we'll probably do an interior cabin on deck 4 or 5 next year too.

    we honestly don't think a slightly bigger room with a window would have improved our experience in any way whatsoever. just me and nick?



    we are in 100% agreement on that.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by KevinP » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm

    rhiawiz wrote:i'll tell you one thing i DO NOT regret - getting a cheaper interior cabin. i was NOT in the room very much, and i liked NOT having a window for daytime napping! (nice and dark). deck 4 interior was JUST FINE. we will not be springing for a fancy cabin next year, because we see no need as often as we were NOT in our room. bed, shower, done. we'll probably do an interior cabin on deck 4 or 5 next year too.

    we honestly don't think a slightly bigger room with a window would have improved our experience in any way whatsoever. just me and nick?


    I'll spare the nap joke for just this one time. ;)

    I usually get a balcony on other cruises as I spend some time in the room and like the ambiance at night. But I got an interior for this cruise as figured it was just me and wouldn't be there all that much. I was in the room even less than I imagined. It was a shower and glorified storage locker.

    I was thinking if splitting a suite on the next venture would make any sense, as you would have more room to hang out or invite people over. But then I realized it really isn't cheaper even if split 4 ways and why would anyone sit in a room with everything going on ???

    I was on floor 7, only 5-6 interior cabins, centrally located to everything, you could hear a pin drop, I barely saw anyone. I'd take that room again :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:i'll tell you one thing i DO NOT regret - getting a cheaper interior cabin. i was NOT in the room very much, and i liked NOT having a window for daytime napping! (nice and dark). deck 4 interior was JUST FINE. we will not be springing for a fancy cabin next year, because we see no need as often as we were NOT in our room. bed, shower, done. we'll probably do an interior cabin on deck 4 or 5 next year too.

    we honestly don't think a slightly bigger room with a window would have improved our experience in any way whatsoever. just me and nick?


    I'll spare the nap joke for just this one time. ;)

    I usually get a balcony on other cruises as I spend some time in the room and like the ambiance at night. But I got an interior for this cruise as figured it was just me and wouldn't be there all that much. I was in the room even less than I imagined. It was a shower and glorified storage locker.

    I was thinking if splitting a suite on the next venture would make any sense, as you would have more room to hang out or invite people over. But then I realized it really isn't cheaper even if split 4 ways and why would anyone sit in a room with everything going on ???

    I was on floor 7, only 5-6 interior cabins, centrally located to everything, you could hear a pin drop, I barely saw anyone. I'd take that room again :mrgreen:


    maybe we'll try for that floor. 4 was fairly quiet....i think 5 was louder.

    and yeah who would wanna party in the rooms? even people hooking up are gonna come back out and hang out LOL
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm

    we were on 5, just around from the elevators and never heard a sound. regular cruises are louder that 70K from what I have seen because people are coming and going to their rooms far more because there are so few activities that draw most of the ship away from their cabins at one time (other than dinners). 70K was surprisingly quiet and calm in the cabin areas though, which isn't a bad thing.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    Michael D.
    Ensign
    Posts: 1262
    Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm
    Location: Inver Grove Hts., MN. USA

    Re: Regrets?

    by Michael D. » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 pm

    Besides who else has the balls to wear them with a Morbid Angel shirt and gay biker hat :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

    Your were my hero. Very Brave and nice pics of you with your gay hat. LOL
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6956
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

    rhiawiz wrote:i'll tell you one thing i DO NOT regret - getting a cheaper interior cabin. i was NOT in the room very much, and i liked NOT having a window for daytime napping! (nice and dark). deck 4 interior was JUST FINE. we will not be springing for a fancy cabin next year, because we see no need as often as we were NOT in our room. bed, shower, done. we'll probably do an interior cabin on deck 4 or 5 next year too.

    we honestly don't think a slightly bigger room with a window would have improved our experience in any way whatsoever. just me and nick?

    We had a Junior Suite on Deck 10. I'll post piccies when I get back home (leaving the US tomorrow *sad*)

    Briefly:

    Good points:
    SPAAACIOUS
    Close to all shows - was easy to race from Pool stage,to room to drop stuff off, to next gig
    Balcony
    Most of the bands were on the same deck - forever bumping into band members in lifts, stairs etc was cool
    Close to pool deck - so could hear in an "oh shit they've started playing" kind of way

    BAD points:
    Weren't in the room toooo much
    Final point above sucked a bit if you wanted sleep :p

    Would be hard to go anything less after experiencing the Junior Suite, but sharing one of the 'regular' cabins would be an experience in itself :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21178
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Regrets?

    by mooyagi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:25 pm

    rhiawiz wrote:i'll tell you one thing i DO NOT regret - getting a cheaper interior cabin. i was NOT in the room very much, and i liked NOT having a window for daytime napping! (nice and dark). deck 4 interior was JUST FINE. we will not be springing for a fancy cabin next year, because we see no need as often as we were NOT in our room. bed, shower, done. we'll probably do an interior cabin on deck 4 or 5 next year too.

    we honestly don't think a slightly bigger room with a window would have improved our experience in any way whatsoever. just me and nick?


    I had a deck 2 interior booked, we ended up with a deck 2 exterior as an upgrade. I had no problem with how small the room was, especially since I was there only to sleep and shower. I did enjoy having a porthole, though. It helped me wake up with the light coming in in the morning. I'll probably try to book an exterior deck 2 room for 2012. Totally glad I didn't fork over the coin for a luxury room, as that would've been a total waste of money.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 293
    Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
    Location: Columbus, OH
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by AlabastRDisastR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:37 pm

    rhiawiz wrote:
    THAT is friggin ridiculous. i am from Ohio, and you are not scary by any standards especially not columbus standards. wow. how dumb!


    Well I just relocated from Jersey...The smell is probably still following me around. :lol: :lol:
    D E C K 6
  • User avatar
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1602
    Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

    Re: Regrets?

    by Evican » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:59 pm

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    KevinP wrote:AlabastR I don't necessarily disagree with you, but Evican is my death metal buddy so I have to back her up :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal:


    No cat fights, Kev! I promise, haha. I'm not the kind of person who let's a civilized debate disintegrate into an actual battle. Everyone is entitled to an opinion! No hard feelings, Rachael?

    Neither am I, but I guess it's my competitive and stubborn nature that tries to fight to the death on something that I feel strongly about. :lol: Definitely no hard feelings. It's all good! I do regret not speaking to you more or getting to see your awesome tattoo in the flesh! I think the only thing any of us said to each other was you commenting on my Australian accent one day on the pool deck. :|
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • User avatar
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 293
    Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
    Location: Columbus, OH
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by AlabastRDisastR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 pm

    Evican wrote:Neither am I, but I guess it's my competitive and stubborn nature that tries to fight to the death on something that I feel strongly about. :lol: Definitely no hard feelings. It's all good! I do regret not speaking to you more or getting to see your awesome tattoo in the flesh! I think the only thing any of us said to each other was you commenting on my Australian accent one day on the pool deck. :|


    I know! Ugh. I'm really bummed I didn't get more time to shoot the shit with you & everyone else. CAN I HAVE A FUCKING REWIND BUTTON FOR MY LIFE?! SERIOUSLY. We'll just have to make up for it next year.

    For real though, Aussie accents are my favorite lol.
    D E C K 6
  • User avatar
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 11:19 am
    Location: USA

    Re: Regrets?

    by wut3v4 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 pm

    Monmisreal wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:Yeah, I only caught one song from Finntroll, but they are coming around in a couple weeks with Ensiferum, Barren Earth and Rotten Sound so I'll get my death metal polka and grind fix in then.


    Yea I went to that show a few nights ago. Barren Earth was good but Ensiferum definitely should have been the final band to play. They put on such a good active show that Finntroll was just boring to watch. I still enjoyed Finntroll's set but Ensiferum was the more enjoyable band to watch.

    I couldnt stand Rotten Sound and the other random band that opened here, but im not really a death metal guy either so that explains it.


    I completely agree with you on Ensiferum deserving to play last. The Finnish Metal Tour 2 hasn't reached my neck of the woods yet, but I still feel Ensiferum would be better playing last. Ensiferum's music is much more energetic and speedy than Finntroll's. I personally enjoy Finntroll's music a little more than Ensiferum's, but after seeing both bands play live for my first time on the cruise, I worry that Finntroll will bore the crowd. They weren't as energetic as their music when I saw them on the cruise. I was actually a little disappointed with their performance (only a little). I'm not sure if they always play like that, but I hope not. But at least I'll get to be seeing both of them AGAIN!
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:39 am

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    THAT is friggin ridiculous. i am from Ohio, and you are not scary by any standards especially not columbus standards. wow. how dumb!


    Well I just relocated from Jersey...The smell is probably still following me around. :lol: :lol:


    Giants or Jets? Yankees ? Being from Long Island I'm used to taking I95 to Great Adventure many many times :mrgreen:

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:For real though, Aussie accents are my favorite lol.


    Rachael = easy to understand and normal

    Karhl = you have to pay attention and concentrate (if you can keep track of him) :lol:


    I do think if they give us a little more time between bands next time around, I'll use my cattle wrangling skills and organize a "who are you group session" and everyone can give the highlights of who they are, what they do, so we know more about them than just what bands they like or beer they drink :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Psycho
    Crewman
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 am
    Location: Karkkila, Finland/Santana de Parnaíba, Brazil

    Re: Regrets?

    by Psycho » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 am

    Also regret no having this video on my iTouch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TYkkvDycUw
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
  • User avatar
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 293
    Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
    Location: Columbus, OH
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 am

    KevinP wrote:Giants or Jets? Yankees ? Being from Long Island I'm used to taking I95 to Great Adventure many many times :mrgreen:


    Giants, baby! Fuck the Jets. I laughed the whole night the Steelers beat them. Also fuck baseball and those damn parades they shut the whole area down for every time the Yankees win the Series.

    My home sports team is the Devils. Not something many would brag about this season, lol.

    And I really missed going to Six Flags this year =( First time in my life I had a summer without going...But I guess that's cool cuz I have Cedar Point now.



    KevinP wrote:Rachael = easy to understand and normal

    Karhl = you have to pay attention and concentrate (if you can keep track of him) :lol:


    I do think if they give us a little more time between bands next time around, I'll use my cattle wrangling skills and organize a "who are you group session" and everyone can give the highlights of who they are, what they do, so we know more about them than just what bands they like or beer they drink :mrgreen:


    I never got to meet Karhl either! Dammit! This idea of your's would make things easier. I've heard hext year, they plan on having a couple less bands(so there'll be more time to set up in between sets) & it may be a day longer? But that's just a rumor, I think. Either way, that WOULD give you time to do this.
    D E C K 6
  • NJDan
    Wiper
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:54 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by NJDan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 am

    My biggest regret was not getting any pictures with any of the band members. First I'm not good at recognizing people, so I couldn't even figure out who was in what band. And when I did, it just slipped my mind to get a picture with them. I'll have to start memorizing faces for next year!

    Also I sort of regret getting off the boat in Mexico. I had fun visiting the Mayan ruins, but I sure could have used the extra sleep.
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Regrets?

    by Stained Class » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:I never got to meet Karhl either! Dammit! This idea of your's would make things easier. I've heard hext year, they plan on having a couple less bands(so there'll be more time to set up in between sets) & it may be a day longer? But that's just a rumor, I think. Either way, that WOULD give you time to do this.

    I saw you everywhere but I never met you cus I couldn't remember your name :lol: next year I guess.
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 am

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:And I really missed going to Six Flags this year =( First time in my life I had a summer without going...But I guess that's cool cuz I have Cedar Point now.

    I never got to meet Karhl either! Dammit! This idea of your's would make things easier. I've heard hext year, they plan on having a couple less bands(so there'll be more time to set up in between sets) & it may be a day longer? But that's just a rumor, I think. Either way, that WOULD give you time to do this.


    I never did get to ride Kingda Ka or El Toro yet. Anytime I visited Long Island it was a pain to travel there to go. And GA is always packed no matter what day of the week, so standing in lines has gotten really old already :lol:

    The wife and I are big roller coaster nuts, but haven't done much since moving to Florida. Definitely need to get back to Cedar Point & Holiday World sooner rather than later.
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 293
    Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
    Location: Columbus, OH
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 am

    Stained Class wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:I never got to meet Karhl either! Dammit! This idea of your's would make things easier. I've heard hext year, they plan on having a couple less bands(so there'll be more time to set up in between sets) & it may be a day longer? But that's just a rumor, I think. Either way, that WOULD give you time to do this.

    I saw you everywhere but I never met you cus I couldn't remember your name :lol: next year I guess.



    Dammit! I obviously wouldn't have been able to recognize you. Next year, indeed, sir!
    D E C K 6
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Regrets?

    by Stained Class » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:23 am

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:I never got to meet Karhl either! Dammit! This idea of your's would make things easier. I've heard hext year, they plan on having a couple less bands(so there'll be more time to set up in between sets) & it may be a day longer? But that's just a rumor, I think. Either way, that WOULD give you time to do this.

    I saw you everywhere but I never met you cus I couldn't remember your name :lol: next year I guess.



    Dammit! I obviously wouldn't have been able to recognize you. Next year, indeed, sir!

    Why not? I look exactly like I do in my avatar -->

    haha add me on facebook, Billy Bob Joe Hockin. Are you in the photo album group?
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11951
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:28 am

    KevinP wrote:
    AlabastRDisastR wrote:And I really missed going to Six Flags this year =( First time in my life I had a summer without going...But I guess that's cool cuz I have Cedar Point now.

    I never got to meet Karhl either! Dammit! This idea of your's would make things easier. I've heard hext year, they plan on having a couple less bands(so there'll be more time to set up in between sets) & it may be a day longer? But that's just a rumor, I think. Either way, that WOULD give you time to do this.


    I never did get to ride Kingda Ka or El Toro yet. Anytime I visited Long Island it was a pain to travel there to go. And GA is always packed no matter what day of the week, so standing in lines has gotten really old already :lol:

    The wife and I are big roller coaster nuts, but haven't done much since moving to Florida. Definitely need to get back to Cedar Point & Holiday World sooner rather than later.


    i miss Cedar point! i used to live only 1.5 hrs from there. nothing beats it.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • User avatar
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 293
    Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
    Location: Columbus, OH
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by AlabastRDisastR » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:41 am

    I STILL haven't been. :oops: Need to do this this spring.
    D E C K 6
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 am

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:I STILL haven't been. :oops: Need to do this this spring.


    Preparing yourself for THE RUNNING OF THE BULLS
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: Regrets?

    by last_candle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 pm

    KevinP wrote:I'd take that room again :mrgreen:

    I'd also take the same room again - because it seems easy to find...I even "got home" on Friday morning :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:08 pm

    last_candle wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I'd take that room again :mrgreen:

    I'd also take the same room again - because it seems easy to find...I even "got home" on Friday morning :cool:


    You just love agreeing with me nowadays. Wonder how I didn't run into you in 4 days. Surely you saw a gay german biker with a death metal shirt on ???
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: Regrets?

    by last_candle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:11 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I'd take that room again :mrgreen:

    I'd also take the same room again - because it seems easy to find...I even "got home" on Friday morning :cool:


    You just love agreeing with me nowadays. Wonder how I didn't run into you in 4 days. Surely you saw a gay german biker with a death metal shirt on ???

    yeah, I spent most of the time at the gay bar!
    btw, we met on Tuesday night at the Spectrum lounge - didn't talk much...but I consider that "running into each other" :P
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Regrets?

    by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

    last_candle wrote:yeah, I spent most of the time at the gay bar!
    btw, we met on Tuesday night at the Spectrum lounge - didn't talk much...but I consider that "running into each other" :P


    Hmm, why do I not remember that. What show? Was it by the bar area? Anything else that would jog my memory ?

    And why the heck didn't you talk more?
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: Regrets?

    by last_candle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    last_candle wrote:yeah, I spent most of the time at the gay bar!
    btw, we met on Tuesday night at the Spectrum lounge - didn't talk much...but I consider that "running into each other" :P

    Hmm, why do I not remember that. What show? Was it by the bar area? Anything else that would jog my memory ?
    And why the heck didn't you talk more?

    I did talk...just not to you ;)
    after Sanctuary, a few forum guys stayed at the bar and talked through the whole Amon Amarth gig
    the look on Rob's face was priceless when he came back after the AA show and we still were there talking
    don't ask me when you joined "us", we stayed there at least 'till the end of the Twilight of the Gods gig
    a little hint: I was the most handsome guy on the whole ship :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by Disaster Area » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:56 pm

    last_candle wrote:...I was the most handsome guy on the whole ship :cool:


    ^very debatable point...^
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: Regrets?

    by last_candle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:
    last_candle wrote:...I was the most handsome guy on the whole ship :cool:


    ^very debatable point...^

    you could have left out the "very" ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Regrets?

    by debborah1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:45 pm

    :lol: :lol:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1602
    Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

    Re: Regrets?

    by Evican » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 pm

    AlabastRDisastR wrote:I know! Ugh. I'm really bummed I didn't get more time to shoot the shit with you & everyone else. CAN I HAVE A FUCKING REWIND BUTTON FOR MY LIFE?! SERIOUSLY. We'll just have to make up for it next year.

    For real though, Aussie accents are my favorite lol.

    The only time I ever saw you was on the pool deck during bands and most of the time you were on the edge of the pit, and me being a typical Aussie was wearing flipflops (or thongs as we call them :P ) most of the time I couldn't stand in the pit for longer than a minute. Tell me about it! A rewind button would be fantastic right now. HELL YEAH WE WILL!

    KevinP wrote:Rachael = easy to understand and normal

    Karhl = you have to pay attention and concentrate (if you can keep track of him) :lol:

    I do think if they give us a little more time between bands next time around, I'll use my cattle wrangling skills and organize a "who are you group session" and everyone can give the highlights of who they are, what they do, so we know more about them than just what bands they like or beer they drink :mrgreen:

    Is it wrong that the more that Karhl drank, even I had some trouble understanding him? :lol:

    Sounds like a plan! Maybe you and Rob can concoct a fool-proof plan of attack! Also, more time in between bands will mean more time at the gym and time for one of those 50 minute Sweedish massages at the spa! :D
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
Locked 317 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fulorian and 35 guests