Locked 53 posts
Send a thank you note to Royal Caribbean!
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

Send a thank you note to Royal Caribbean!

by stoverkill » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:02 am

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do;jsessionid=0000SIw4GBbnnTnSjLQzZigTSAe:15lbbpnkd?ref=postcmnt

Please take a moment and send Royal Caribbean a thank you and tell them what an amazing time we all had!

I'm sure they don't get a whole lot of thank-yous from their normal passengers. In fact, I was eavesdropping on some crew members talking and it sounded like that on every other cruise, all they ever get is people complaining.

Let's show them some love and hopefully it will go a little ways towards making sure we get to do this again.

Show them that the metal community are amongst the CLASSIEST and COOLEST people they would ever hope to have on-board one of their ships!

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do;jsessionid=0000SIw4GBbnnTnSjLQzZigTSAe:15lbbpnkd?ref=postcmnt
    Last edited by stoverkill on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Send a thank you note to Royal Caribbean!

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 am

Done! Thanks again, RC!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ZnIpE !
    Wiper

by ZnIpE ! » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 am

Fantastic idea! !

Everyone should tell their friends to do the same!

signed
    Viking Lord and Professional drunkard, will entertain for beer.

Face: http://www.facebook.com/Zn1pE
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:53 am

Two thumbs up for these guys for letting this happen on their boat.
    We had loads of fun on this cruise!

Thanks RC ! You are truly a part of the metal community now. :headbanger:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:10 am

done ... their crew did an awesome job . very polite, helpful, supportive and really seemed to enjoy us on their ship . :viking: :beerhorns:
  • PxDnNinja
    Petty Officer

by PxDnNinja » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:41 am

Done as well. Great idea.
    2011: SURVIVED
    2012: SURVIVED
    2013: SURVIVED
    2014: Waiting to Book
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am

Great thought, will do!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Brilliant idea Dave... I'm all over it.

Could you post this to the facebook and facebook photo groups as well? It'd be great to just flood them with gratitude like nothing they've ever seen :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Aneak
    Oiler

by Aneak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Also done, this was a great idea! Hopefully they'll want us back next year!
    2011: Cabin #3545
    2012: Cabin #2031
    2013: Cabin #2563
    2014: Cabin #4521
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Could you post this to the facebook and facebook photo groups as well? It'd be great to just flood them with gratitude like nothing they've ever seen :headbanger:

Done :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 pm

What a great idea to do this, and thanks for the online link!

I heard that the crew was entirely impressed with us, and to be honest I was really impressed with us too! I don't think I saw one disagreement, nevermind a fight the whole time, and everyone seemed to be really respecting the staff and the actual infrastructure of the ship. I thought the crew and staff was INCREDIBLY open minded, and I was happy to see staff members taking a chance to listen to the music!

There IS something that might have not gone over so well with ship maintenance: I had an overnight stopover in Calgary on my way home and was showing my friend photos. She's not a metalhead, and was really enjoying the pics of the top deck and all the black band T-Shirts and HAIR! She said, "Can you imagine what the drains of that boat must have been like after that!?!?!" :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:01 pm

great idea for sure - done! here's my note:

Just wanted to thank the staff and management of the ship who graciously hosted heavy metal patrons from all over the world! The service was friendly and excellent, and we are a rowdy bunch. We hope the staff are appreciated, as they worked hard and deserve it! Thank you very much again for hosting 70000 Tons of Metal on your ship, we are ever so thankful for the opportunity of a lifetime!!!!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:04 pm

DONE! :headbanger:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Great idea.

On a related note - special thanks needs to be given to the ROADIES from the cruise! Those guys and girls worked their ASSES off!!

I actually bumped into one when collecting our luggage, so I went over to him and gave him a big thank you and he was really happy (and surprised!!)

I told him he must be very tired... he replied he was, but he was also very rich hahaha :D
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Great idea, sent to a thank you to Royal Caribbean corporate, and investor relations contacts.
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    fido
    Oiler

by fido » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Done!

:cheers:
    Survivor: 2011, 2012, BTH, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020...Soon
    MissMetal
    Oiler

by MissMetal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Sent as well.
  • dianekamikaze
    Wiper

by dianekamikaze » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Great idea!!!
  • Bassman2112
    Wiper

by Bassman2112 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Done as well, though it seemed to be having a hard time going through for me - shall give it another shot tomorrow =)
    Cabin #5521
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Just sent, here is the text of my message.

"Just a word of thanks for Royal Caribbean for entrusting the Majesty to over 2500 Heavy Metal Fans last week for the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise. It was not my first cruise, but my first with RC. It turned out to be (no exaggeration) the best week of my life. The crew and ship were superb, top notch all the way. I know the promoters are planning more in the future, hopefully RC will continue to host us. After all, I understand we broke alcohol sales records and there were almost no incidents the whole week. Thanks Again from a happy heavy metal cruising couple from California!"

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:43 am

stoverkill wrote:I'm sure they don't get a whole lot of thank-yous from their normal passengers. In fact, I was eavesdropping on some crew members talking and it sounded like that on every other cruise, all they ever get is people complaining.

Let's show them some love and hopefully it will go a little ways towards making sure we get to do this again.

Show them that the metal community are amongst the CLASSIEST and COOLEST people they would ever hope to have on-board one of their ships!

As a matter of fact, on Wednesday in the Karaoke, the guy in the computer said on the microphone that he was talking with crew members and staff, and they all said we were the nicest people they have ever had in the ship. No complaints, everybody was polite and super nice. Even the drunk ones! He congratulated us! That's how we roll :beerwink:

The "thank you" idea is excellent!
    Done!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 am

I love it that a ship full of drunk metalheads can show up any other group that's gone on a cruise. I'm sure that'll blast away a few stereotypes people have about us. Metalheads rule! :headbanger:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 am

Done. Great idea. Never hurts to grease the wheel a little more.

It was great that I witnessed not 1 single incident and that everybody was having the time of their life :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 am

Haha yeah sounds like a copy and paste job where all they did was add your name. I hope they appreciate all the thank yous.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:11 am

I'll be all over this when I get home. I heard one of the crew members saying that we were among the most polite and fun to be around crowds that they had ever had on the boat. One guy even said he had been working on the boat for 4 years and he had never been to mexico, he actually thanked us for having them along with us on this cruise. Sounds like it was an amazing experience for everyone.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 am

gnoff wrote:My answer just arrived:

Thank you for contacting us about your cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. It is my pleasure to be handling your correspondence. Our primary goal is to provide relaxing, quality vacations. As we do our best to ensure that we fulfill our guests’ expectations, your compliments regarding the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise are truly appreciated. I am pleased that your time with us was so enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your positive impressions with us. Mr. Berglund, we are happy you chose to sail with us. We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you and your friends on one of our ships again in the near future.

Fairly standard answer, but I hope they've read all our comments and share it with the guys concerned.

Just got mine. Almost word for word what you got. Aside from the name, I had one extra phrase "...I am pleased that your time with us was so enjoyable especially your satisfaction with our shipboard team's high level of service..."

I was hoping for more personalized responses.
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am

Great idea, sent it yesterday. :cheers:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Got my reply today... nearly the same

Dear Mr. Stover:

Thank you for contacting us about your cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. It is my pleasure to be handling your correspondence.

Our primary goal is to provide relaxing, quality vacations. As we do our best to ensure that we fulfill our guests’ expectations, your compliments regarding the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise are truly appreciated. Thank you for sharing your positive impressions with us.

I am especially glad to learn of your satisfaction with our shipboard team’s high level of service. It is great to hear of the exemplary service provided by your stateroom attendant, Made. We are also happy that Myra Sandoval helped make your stay more memorable. It is truly a pleasure when a guest recognizes and appreciates our staff’s efforts.

Mr. Stover, we are happy you chose to sail with us. We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you and Ms. Jackson on one of our ships again in the near future.
    SURVIVOR:

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 pm

my letter was different!!!!

Thank you for contacting us about your cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. As a first time cruiser with Royal Caribbean, you are very important to us. Please accept my apology for not responding sooner.

Our shipboard team is committed to offering the best experience possible and we are truly grateful to receive your encouraging feedback. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed the excellent and friendly service. Thank you for the time you have taken to share your impressions of the sailing. We will gladly pass along your generous compliments to the ship.

Ms. Wisniewski, we are so happy you chose to sail with us. We look forward to welcoming you on one of our ships again in the near future.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

rhiawiz wrote:my letter was different!!!!

Thank you for contacting us about your cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. As a first time cruiser with Royal Caribbean, you are very important to us. Please accept my apology for not responding sooner.

Our shipboard team is committed to offering the best experience possible and we are truly grateful to receive your encouraging feedback. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed the excellent and friendly service. Thank you for the time you have taken to share your impressions of the sailing. We will gladly pass along your generous compliments to the ship.

Ms. Wisniewski, we are so happy you chose to sail with us. We look forward to welcoming you on one of our ships again in the near future.

well, isn't that special? /church lady voice/ :D

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:49 pm

their response to my e-mail

Dear Mr. Jones:

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. I am pleased to be handling your correspondence and appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience on the Majesty of the Seas. In addition, I apologize for the delayed response.

I am pleased to learn of your satisfaction with our shipboard team’s high level of service. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your positive experience. Our employees will be glad to know their hospitality was a memorable aspect of your vacation.

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us. Our goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and we are dedicated to offering the best vacation experience possible. It is my pleasure to pass along your kind words to our shipboard team, as they will be glad to learn of your satisfaction.

Mr. Jones, thank you for the time you have taken to write to us. We truly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you onboard again.

Sincerely,
    Denise Clavijo
    Corporate Guest Relations

I guess I got the long version :lol: :cheers:
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 pm

Great idea! I wish I could find my receipts to see if they had names of servers on them. I know some of those servers were going 14 hours at least and were still smiling. The beer and following hangover erased the names from my memory. :(
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:14 pm

mouse farts wrote:Great idea! I wish I could find my receipts to see if they had names of servers on them. I know some of those servers were going 14 hours at least and were still smiling. The beer and following hangover erased the names from my memory. :(

yeah, those cruise workers bust their asses for slave wages. Watched a special on CNBC about Holland America, showed the entire company behind the scenes on a cruise. It was fascinating. But those poor f'rs get paid absolute beans. The ships are all foreign registered so not subject to US labor and minimum wage law...

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Loki
    Oiler

by Loki » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:18 pm

Great idea! Done!
    5539 - 2011
    5539 - 2012
    \m/\m/
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    mouse farts wrote:Great idea! I wish I could find my receipts to see if they had names of servers on them. I know some of those servers were going 14 hours at least and were still smiling. The beer and following hangover erased the names from my memory. :(

yeah, those cruise workers bust their asses for slave wages. Watched a special on CNBC about Holland America, showed the entire company behind the scenes on a cruise. It was fascinating. But those poor f'rs get paid absolute beans. The ships are all foreign registered so not subject to US labor and minimum wage law...

I think that's why so many people from low income countries were working there. I saw lots of Filipinos and I know they survive on about $3.00 a day or less back home. This is a good living for them. I am sure the same went for some of the other nationalities working on the cruise. I sincerely hope they keep all the gratuity because I would guess this cruise set a record for the amount of alcohol sold. We left them a wad of bills in the room for cleaning up after our nasty asses.
    RazorReb
    Oiler

by RazorReb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:27 pm

again...great idea! DONE :shred:
    2011: 3543 2012: 3533 Wishlist: Accept Annihilator Cannibal Corpse Candlemass Evile Exciter Arch/Matheos Flotsam & Jetsam Helloween High On Fire Lizzy Borden Loudness Kreator Nuclear Assault Opeth OVERKILL Sacrifice Skeletonwitch Symphony X Vio-Lence
    nymphet
    Petty Officer

by nymphet » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:15 pm

Aneak wrote:Also done, this was a great idea! Hopefully they'll want us back next year!

If they do, they should send ME a thank you note....for I was a wonderful customer myself.
    A "metal heart" is hard to break apart.
    ZnIpE !
    Wiper

by ZnIpE ! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 am

Bumping this quite important post back to the zone
    Viking Lord and Professional drunkard, will entertain for beer.

Face: http://www.facebook.com/Zn1pE
  • sssocialservice
    Oiler

by sssocialservice » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am

DONE!!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:18 am

Never got around to it before but I did just now!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Locked 53 posts