Locked 131 posts
War Path Police Officer (Port Terminal)
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

War Path Police Officer (Port Terminal)

by mouse farts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm

Good evening fellow metal heads,

If anyone is interested in filing a complaint on the extremely rude and nasty police officer (black female) screaming at everyone, I will include the information you need at the end of this post. I was extremely embarrassed for so many foreigners to be welcomed back to my country in such a matter. Please remember that the vast majority of police officers are doing an outstanding job. The more polished and professional we are about filing complaints with Miami Dade PD, the better result we will achieve in stopping this sort of disgusting behavior exhibited by the police officer in question. The look of satisfaction and power on her face as she arrested that one guy who stood up to her made me ill. Information follows:

1. Call 305-627-7100
    2. Talk to the Duty Sergeant
    3. The officer you are complaining against is Officer Etefia Badge # 3985
    4. Tell them who you are, your credentials and what you saw
    5. Ask what you need to do to file an official written statement

Thank you everyone!
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

Re: War Path Police Officer (Port Terminal)

by stoverkill » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Wow! I totally missed that. What was she screaming about? I don't recall anyone getting out of line when we were leaving. Crazy.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 pm

mouse farts wrote:Good evening fellow metal heads,

If anyone is interested in filing a complaint on the extremely rude and nasty police officer (black female) screaming at everyone, I will include the information you need at the end of this post. I was extremely embarrassed for so many foreigners to be welcomed back to my country in such a matter. Please remember that the vast majority of police officers are doing an outstanding job. The more polished and professional we are about filing complaints with Miami Dade PD, the better result we will achieve in stopping this sort of disgusting behavior exhibited by the police officer in question. The look of satisfaction and power on her face as she arrested that one guy who stood up to her made me ill. Information follows:

1. Call 305-627-7100

Thank you everyone!

Good on you! I didn't encounter her but a-holes need to be held accountable, especially those on the public payroll. Hat's off to you Mr. mouse farts!? :lol:

Did anyone get her on video? This has viral written all over it...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 pm

We were off the boat pretty early and she was there screaming at people in an extremely condescending tone and I heard her call someone stupid. I saw her get in several people's faces. One girl slowed down to place her passport back into her bag as she exited the terminal and almost tripped when this police officer screamed at her. I think she was assigned to help direct people out of the terminal, but she was pure evil. She was deliberately inciting folks and had a chip on her shoulder.

The reason why most of you escaped her tirade was because she arrested someone who told her to be more courteous to people and not scream so much. He walked away and she called on her radio. The look of total satisfaction on her face was indescribably disgusting. Approximately 10 additional police officers showed up and surrounded the dude like he was an armed robber, then arrested him. I would think Miami Dade has better things to do.
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:37 pm

Please spread the word. I am not sure how many people are active on the forum.

Thank you.
  • Dude Number 1
    Oiler

by Dude Number 1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 pm

It would be wonderful if the mods could make this thread sticky.

+1
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 pm

someone has to have that shit on video. Oh how I would love to post that EVERYWHERE, plus send it to the local news. F'ing bully cops, hate that shit.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 pm

we didn't have the "pleasure" of seeing/hearing her
    thank god I wasn't the guy arrested...I already got an entry in my file for bringing an apple to the states :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    corrosive
    Crewman

by corrosive » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Ya...we saw this...i had NO CLUE what was going on but i was pissed that the guy got arrested because i don't think he did anything wrong! After such an amazing cruise where everyone were awesome this bitch comes along! Anyone know what happened to the guy??
    I will be putting a complaint in...thanks for letting me know i can!!
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Caravan,St. Vitus,the Obsessed,Down,Havok,Metal Church, Cripper,Exodus,Diamond Plate,Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Fatal Smile,Exciter,Sacrifice, Razor,Tankard,Evile,Bonded by Blood,Overkill
    metallifan2010
    Oiler

by metallifan2010 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah i saw that big gorilla tell someone that she will hurt you!!
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 pm

mouse farts wrote:I would think Miami Dade has better things to do.

Not really, they are to busy giving tickets to jaywalkers and people who don't come to a "complete stop" at stop signs. :oops:
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:30 pm

last_candle wrote:we didn't have the "pleasure" of seeing/hearing her
    thank god I wasn't the guy arrested...I already got an entry in my file for bringing an apple to the states :cool:

:lol: :lol: :lol: now you made me spit coke on my laptop :lol: :lol:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:42 pm

mouse farts wrote:Good evening fellow metal heads,

1. Call 305-627-7100

Thank you everyone!

I hope that somebody was able to get her on video. This is the strongest evidence that you can provide to substantiate your complaint.
    I realize that Miami PD was on edge and overly emotional due to the two police officers that were killed in the line of duty on Thursday and buried on Monday as we all were boarding and leaving port for our festival. I realize that her verbal actions are inexcusable but you may have to cut her some slack for her displaced anger to a group of people that had a good time while others are grieving and morning a death. She may not have wanted to be at her job that day. She may have been friends or the wife of one of the cops that was killed. (One of the cops was shot at point blank range directly in the face and the other I believe was also shot also in the head. The perpetrator that they were serving a warrant on ambushed both cops.) The cop that was shot in the face was married to a fellow officer.
    Her actions and the actions of the other officers are embarrassing and very rude which give foreigner visitors even more reason to hate America and continue the belief of Ugly Americans.
    In addition, to know is that Miami PD may not have jurisdiction while on the grounds of the Port of Miami. The Port Authority and ICE (Immigration, Customs Enforcement) most likely have the jurisdiction. Miami PD is in a support role. She just wanted to show authority. Something that she most likely does not have and will be pointed out to her after she files the paper work on the arrest. If the guest was handcuffed there has to be am arrest paper work filed. You will not be handcuffed unless it is a last resort. Cops do not like doing arrest reports.
    Sorry for this long post but I am a public servant and have to deal with all arms of our laws every day plus the idiots that break our laws. The first Amendment only covers US citizens, not foreign nationals.
    Hopefully your complaint goes well. Good luck.
  • FreeSam
    Wiper

by FreeSam » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Yes, if anyone was a witness to this event, please take the time to file a complaint. I'm pretty confident that the person arrested was my friend Sam from New Orleans. We have not been in contact with him since he boarded the ship and all we've heard from his brother is that Sam was arrested when he got off the boat, and they are still trying to get him out of a Miami jail!

Again, if you saw what happened, please file a complaint as it might help someone who is still being wrongly imprisoned in a place far from his home and his family.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:02 pm

I was there and agree that her behavior was really over the top. I begin to think that perhaps she was a bit taken with her position, and possibly just a bit ignorant. She could very well be one of those types that sees people like us, and think that we're just a bunch of dirty scumbags not deserving of a bit more respect. Perhaps it was racially motivated. It's not unheard of. Frankly, it could be one of these things, or none of them. Either way, she was definitely an asshole.

And by the way, the guy they hauled away was not this Sam you speak of. He's a local bullshit artist and all around douche named Brian Werner.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

If this Sam guy was arrested, then it would've been a separate incident elsewhere.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 pm

mouse farts wrote:The reason why most of you escaped her tirade was because she arrested someone who told her to be more courteous to people and not scream so much. He walked away and she called on her radio. The look of total satisfaction on her face was indescribably disgusting. Approximately 10 additional police officers showed up and surrounded the dude like he was an armed robber, then arrested him. I would think Miami Dade has better things to do.

So thats what happen to that guy! I have to admit that bitch was very rude. Thanks for clarifying this and sharing this info.

BTW, love your name.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Mouse Farts...
    I must admit I figured you for spam as you only had 5 posts..but people are backing you up. Mooyagi mentioned this before.

So, obvisously true
    I have had my issues with $6/hr power trip "authority"
    Weird we had US/Foreign debunkedment. Our biggest moment was " Don't stop walking, she'll sniff you.... keep walking!!"
    That was an an agent with a sniffer dog.-- I think she was trying for a reality show.
    When you jam 30 people in a 10 X10 spot... some of us stop to let people thru... funny
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Mouse Farts...
    I must admit I figured you for spam as you only had 5 posts..but people are backing you up. Mooyagi mentioned this before.

So, obvisously true
    I have had my issues with $6/hr power trip "authority"
    Weird we had US/Foreign debunkedment. Our biggest moment was " Don't stop walking, she'll sniff you.... keep walking!!"
    That was an an agent with a sniffer dog.-- I think she was trying for a reality show.
    When you jam 30 people in a 10 X10 spot... some of us stop to let people thru... funny

I got yelled at for petting a sniffer dog. But I mean come on! It was a lab, waging his tail, he was begging me to pet him, how could I say no? Stupid cop.

wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Haha, as do I. Would you believe the States allowed me to LEAVE with an apple IN MY HAND as well as another in my bag? Yet they made a huge deal when I brought one back from a MUCH better off country than this one. Fucking States. And as for that fat lady officer, whatever happened to Freedom of Speech? I saw the arrest, but I never heard what was said. I just heard the lady say "I don't know you, so I might hurt you!" If all that guy really told her was to be polite, then that has to be some violation of freedom of speech. This country's all about bullshit. Welcome to "Amurrika"
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:39 pm

One bad apple spoils the barrel :evil:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Holy shit this woman was super mean to me. Exiting the boat, went through immigration and what not and then there she was and I stopped and she screamed at me "MOVE IT" and I said "I am waiting for my..." (was going to say friend) and she got super more pissed and yelled "I SAID TO MOVE IT AND I MEAN MOVE IT" and I said "Yes Sir" and flipped her off and kept walking. What a hateful police woman . (I dare call her a woman). Boy if I called her a name it would be all over the Miami Herald that I was a obnoxious, racist metalhead who has not sense of manners or direction. GRRRR Throw the book at the #$!$%#!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:22 am

Wow, I did not even notice this person at all, and Scott was right in front of me.
    Guess I am so accustomed to rude, annoying, screaming people that I did not even pay her any attention, or notice her at all.
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 am

yes and I am a bundle of unicorns and rainbows, until you scream at me or piss me off. You do not remember me "bitching" about the woman frothing at the mouth? :| :cool:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • PxDnNinja
    Petty Officer

by PxDnNinja » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:47 am

You terrorist! lol
    2011: SURVIVED
    2012: SURVIVED
    2013: SURVIVED
    2014: Waiting to Book
    Invective
    Oiler

by Invective » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 pm

That woman was UNBELIEVABLE! I'm definitely complaining. did anyone catch what the guy who got arrested said to make him get arrested? By the time I looked over his hands were in the air and 6 officers were swarming him and patting him down.
  • varnamsgirl
    Oiler

by varnamsgirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:06 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Holy shit this woman was super mean to me. Exiting the boat, went through immigration and what not and then there she was and I stopped and she screamed at me "MOVE IT" and I said "I am waiting for my..." (was going to say friend) and she got super more pissed and yelled "I SAID TO MOVE IT AND I MEAN MOVE IT" and I said "Yes Sir" and flipped her off and kept walking. What a hateful police woman . (I dare call her a woman). Boy if I called her a name it would be all over the Miami Herald that I was a obnoxious, racist metalhead who has not sense of manners or direction. GRRRR Throw the book at the #$!$%#!

Isn't that the truth!
  • varnamsgirl
    Oiler

by varnamsgirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 pm

A Canadian told me on the cruise that he was proud of the fact that the Canadians and the Europeans outnumbered the Americans, to which I replied, "I am proud of that fact, too!!!" The 70000 Tons of Metail Cruise is the best thing to ever come out of America!!!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 pm

varnamsgirl wrote:A Canadian told me on the cruise that he was proud of the fact that the Canadians and the Europeans outnumbered the Americans, to which I replied, "I am proud of that fact, too!!!" The 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise is the best thing ever!!!!

Fixed. :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Yes, I found out the person arrested out front was indeed named Brian. I am not saying that he was right or wrong, or a good guy or not. However, I don't believe he deserved to be arrested. I contacted the duty sergeant today and filed a verbal and formal written complaint. She told me that I wasn't the first to call that day about her. The process was very easy and didn't take much time. I focused on the awful conduct of Officer Etifia in my statement. Whatever her excuse may be, I firmly believe that she should be held accountable for her actions that morning. I don't want people thinking the United States is all about this kind of bullshit. Please don't forget to follow through with this. Since I unfortunately don't have this on video, we need the most supporting statements possible - especially the people who were threatened with harm.

Oh and to the thoughts that I may be a spammer, I didn't even realize there was a forum util after the cruise. :oops:

Thanks for your time, metal heads!

:headbanger:
  • diamond5
    Wiper

by diamond5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey all! I was there for the whole thing! This woman was horrible and I too was embarrassed that many of the foreigners on the ship had to witness this. I called today and filed my complaint verbally and sent an e-mail to the duty officer. If any of you were there, I encourage you to call the number at the beginning of this forum chain and detail your account of the situation. Brian did not deserve to get arrested. He was just sticking up for all the people she was berating. He spent 36 hours in jail for nothing! This type of abuse of power cannot be allowed. It took me all of 5 minutes to call in and ask for the duty officer to file my complaint. They will let you also write an e-mail with more details to be attached to the report.

BTW, the cruise was awesome!! :shred:
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Holy shit this woman was super mean to me. Exiting the boat, went through immigration and what not and then there she was and I stopped and she screamed at me "MOVE IT" and I said "I am waiting for my..." (was going to say friend) and she got super more pissed and yelled "I SAID TO MOVE IT AND I MEAN MOVE IT" and I said "Yes Sir" and flipped her off and kept walking. What a hateful police woman . (I dare call her a woman). Boy if I called her a name it would be all over the Miami Herald that I was a obnoxious, racist metalhead who has not sense of manners or direction. GRRRR Throw the book at the #$!$%#!

I totally saw this and it went into my statement. Too bad I didn't hear her say she was going to hurt people, or that would be there, too. I did hear her call that foreign couple stupid.
  • kag2kag
    Wiper

by kag2kag » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Hello all, If anyone else saw this, please message me. I would like to fill in any gaps missed before calling tomorrow. I saw almost the whole thing.

This officer had been acting quite aggressive, borderline unprofessional for about 20-30 minutes. This gentleman came off the boat and was standing in the area right off the exit, where everyone has to walk to get to the street. They were doing their job in trying to keep the street clear, but were being quite rude. It was a confusing place for the average person, myself included, some simple direction probably would have worked. The man was being yelled at to move, and he was moving. He made the "mistake" of approaching the officer and saying these words, I quote directly. He was not being rude, nor aggressive, we was polite in his manner. "Ma'am, soldiers are dying in Iraq today for my freedom of speech, so I would like to exercise that now. You could do your job professionally, and with courtesy."

This caused her to be come quite aggressive. She approached him, put her face in his and started screaming. "I am not your momma, you don't talk to me like I am your momma. You don't tell me how to do my job." At this point a second officer, understandably approached. She came forward and at my brother, who had been stationary, and waves her hands all around, "if you all don't move, I will throw you all in jail. Move it, you'll all go!" By this time officers 3, 4 and 5 had approached. The man stated that he was just asking her to do her job with courtesy and professionally, again this enraged her. One of the officers, came behind the man and put one hand in handcuffs. He looked stunned and replied "Really?" She was still screaming "you are going to jail, you don't speak to me that way." The officer took out the items from his pocket, wallet etc. Probably standard procedure. Then handcuffed both hands. It was surprising that none of the other officers diffused the situation where the man had clearly only been guilty of asking the officer to not scream at the crowd. For this, he was handcuffed, and whisked away. He was totally compliant. Best I can tell, this looked like an illegal detention and a horrible abuse of power. His "mistake" was to ask the officer to do her job clearly and professionally.
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 pm

That's a shame kag2kag. Definitely go forward with your complaint and let us know. I saw earlier mention of "I don't know you I Will hurt you." There is no tolerating this sort of treatment.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:21 pm

I actually saw that happen as I was going to get in line for a taxi and could not believe it. i was looking for the cameras as I was sure it was a episode of Reno 911
  • Victoria
    Oiler

by Victoria » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm

This is the first I've heard about this and I'm sick about it. This is such bullshit. I'm glad I didn't witness any of this...I probably would have landed my own ass in jail. :evil: I've also noticed (at least here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area) that a lot of female cops are total bitches...it's almost like they are on a power trip and have something to prove BECAUSE they are women. Fuck that.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Disaster Area wrote:I got yelled at for petting a sniffer dog. But I mean come on! It was a lab, waging his tail, he was begging me to pet him, how could I say no? Stupid cop.

:lol: :lol: That is SO something I would do! good thing I didn't see them, otherwise I'd probably be keeping this Brian fellow company :lol:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:02 pm

I didn't see the arrest, but some of the security staff were less than courteous to myself and the people around me when we were disembarking.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Daenerys wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:I got yelled at for petting a sniffer dog. But I mean come on! It was a lab, waging his tail, he was begging me to pet him, how could I say no? Stupid cop.

:lol: :lol: That is SO something I would do! good thing I didn't see them, otherwise I'd probably be keeping this Brian fellow company :lol:

Exactly, if you don't want me to pet your sniffer dogs, well then don't make them so darned lovable. Make them some mean-ass, pissed off, Micheal Vick-escapee pit bull. Then I will be far less tempted... :lol:

• mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm

The Miami Dade compliance office called me today. I rehashed what I saw. The sergeant I spoke with seemed to be taking it seriously. He asked me if I had video and I told him I regrettably didn't. He said quite a few people have been calling in and they were compiling a report. Good on everyone for their comments. I am encouraged to see that she will likely be held accountable for her actions. If you witnessed/experienced this tirade and mistreatment and haven't yet made a statement, please consider doing so.

Thank you!
    :viking:
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:02 pm

kag2kag wrote:Hello all, If anyone else saw this, please message me. I would like to fill in any gaps missed before calling tomorrow. I saw almost the whole thing.

My humble suggestion is to just tell them what you saw and heard. The rest should work itself out. The compliance office told me they are compiling a report. If enough people contribute, the whole picture will emerge. Good luck!
Locked 131 posts