Locked 1971 posts
2012 Wishlist
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: 2012 Wishlist

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

rhiawiz wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:yes JORN! or Masterplan!

i might like me some Immortal, but i also love me some JORN! that guy has the best voice in hard rock/heavy metal in my opinion.

That reminds me of a band called Triosphere who supported Jorn when he came to Dublin. They are awesome. Really hot female singer/bassist. I was their only fan at the gig!!! It was great though. You should check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PiH8whx2g
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:yes JORN! or Masterplan!

i might like me some Immortal, but i also love me some JORN! that guy has the best voice in hard rock/heavy metal in my opinion.

That reminds me of a band called Triosphere who supported Jorn when he came to Dublin. They are awesome. Really hot female singer/bassist. I was their only fan at the gig!!! It was great though. You should check them out:

+1 :cheers:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:41 am

Metalwrath wrote:In no particluar order because i'm too fucking lazy to out them down by letter.

King Diamond
    Mercyful Fate
    Accept
    Thyrfing
    Star One(Just to see them play 'Intergalactic Space Crusaders')

Reach for the answer, DIGITIAL RAAAAAIIIIIIIN (another song Ravenlord needs to sing)

Holy shit balls Batman, I agree with Metalwrath on something. Sorry to ruin your day Petey :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 am

KevinP wrote:
    Reach for the answer, DIGITIAL RAAAAAIIIIIIIN (another song Ravenlord needs to sing)

Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

+1 :cheers:

HOLY SHIT, that gal's voice is great - powerful, almost more like Madder Mortem. i wanna be in a band like that! i need to quit both my bands and do shit like this.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:51 am

Thought you'd like it :D :D :D
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:54 am

rhiawiz wrote:HOLY SHIT, that gal's voice is great - powerful, almost more like Madder Mortem. i wanna be in a band like that! i need to quit both my bands and do shit like this.

Wait, what, MADDDER MORTEM :shock: . What's going on? :? Did you just compare another living being to Agnette ? :twisted:

Just checked out that song. It's almost as fruity as an IHOP breakfast, but it was a Ravenlord suggestion, so no real surprise there :lol:

That broad has a powerful voice and untypical sound for a female, but I can't say she's in the same league. Granted she has blonde hair and thin, which Agnette is not. But I'm still backing "my girl" all the way :mrgreen: :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:HOLY SHIT, that gal's voice is great - powerful, almost more like Madder Mortem. i wanna be in a band like that! i need to quit both my bands and do shit like this.

Wait, what, MADDDER MORTEM :shock: . What's going on? :? Did you just compare another living being to Agnette ? :twisted:

Just checked out that song. It's almost as fruity as an IHOP breakfast, but it was a Ravenlord suggestion, so no real surprise there :lol:

That broad has a powerful voice and untypical sound for a female, but I can't say she's in the same league. Granted she has blonde hair and thin, which Agnette is not. But I'm still backing "my girl" all the way :mrgreen: :death:

oh hey, i just meant she had the lower range and some power, but no way did i proclaim Agnete's awesomeness. she is UNTOUCHABLE!

by the way that band has other songs than the one paul posted and they are heavier!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm

rhiawiz wrote:oh hey, i just meant she had the lower range and some power, but no way did i proclaim Agnete's awesomeness. she is UNTOUCHABLE!

Good to know as I didn't want to get into a fistfight with you in Baltimore. Nick would fall over from me huffing and puffing, so it would have only been "mano a chicko"

:mrgreen: :P :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Mula22
    Oiler

by Mula22 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 pm

My wishlist would be:
    Amorphis
    Cradle of Filth
    Kamelot
    Rhapsody
    Stratovarius
    Within Temptation

Returning:
    Blackguard (for being such fun people)
    Finntroll (because i managed to miss them both times)
    Korpiklaani
    Sonata Arctica

And then a whole bunch of bands I've never heard before because I found heaps of awesome ones this year!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Mula22 wrote:My wishlist would be:
    Amorphis
    Cradle of Filth
    Kamelot
    Rhapsody
    Stratovarius
    Within Temptation

Returning:
    Blackguard (for being such fun people)
    Finntroll (because i managed to miss them both times)
    Korpiklaani
    Sonata Arctica

And then a whole bunch of bands I've never heard before because I found heaps of awesome ones this year!

Yeah, Stratovarius should definitely play considering they "had" to cancel this year. Oh , and Rhapsody cause they're awesome! :P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Ravenlord wrote:[Yeah, Stratovarius should definitely play considering they "had" to cancel this year.

Yes to Stratovarius. Simply because I want to hear Rachael(Evican) say "this is fucking shit" in her funny Aussie accent :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Invective
    Oiler

by Invective » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Kreator
    Edguy
    Demons & Wizards
    Whiplash
    Ghoul
    Heathen
    Rigor Mortis
    TENACIOUS D! (how awesome would that be?!)

And of corpse, TANKARD!!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Ashamed to say I just checked out Madder Mortem for the first time. They are weird, but in a good way. Not my usual thing but I may get into them. I do see where you are making the vocal comparison. She's good.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Invective wrote:Kreator
    Edguy
    Demons & Wizards
    Whiplash
    Ghoul
    Heathen
    Rigor Mortis

Hooray for Tankard. Good call!
    Mula22
    Oiler

by Mula22 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:28 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:[Yeah, Stratovarius should definitely play considering they "had" to cancel this year.

Yes to Stratovarius. Simply because I want to hear Rachael(Evican) say "this is fucking shit" in her funny Aussie accent :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wonder if i met her on the ship? Seeing as we both have funny aussie accents :lol: I said hi to every one I heard
    Invective
    Oiler

by Invective » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Invective wrote:Kreator
    Edguy
    Demons & Wizards
    Whiplash
    Ghoul
    Heathen
    Rigor Mortis

Hooray for Tankard. Good call!

2012 is their 30 year anniversary! It could happen :cheers:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:39 pm

revision from earlier post....if I was gonna go all-out, whole-hog, yeehaw! in the WISH department (especially those bolded/italicized as I've never seen them), and not include any repeats from this year.... (and yeah I know - a few would never happen like RATM and Rammstein even though I love 'em both to bits)
    Agalloch
    Apocalyptica
    Arkona
    Behemoth (if Nergal is better)
    Cathedral
    Corey Taylor (in any incarnation!)
    Delain
    Die Krupps
    Dimmu Borgir
    Dir en Grey
    Eluveitie
    Enslaved
    Goatwhore
    Heidevolk
    High on Fire
    Ill Nino
    Immortal
    In Extremo
    Leaves' Eyes
    Michael Schenker Group
    Moonsorrow
    Morbid Angel
    Motorhead
    Napalm Death
    Opeth
    Orphaned Land
    Pain of Salvation
    Primordial
    Rage Against the Machine
    Rammstein
    Riverside
    Samael

Satyricon
    Scorpions
    Swallow the Sun
    Tarja
    Therion
    Tiamat
    Triptykon
    Turisas
    UFO
    Ulver

and I think I agree with MetalWrath on ONE group/artist: definitely MAMBO KURT as the resident lounge lizard :lol: :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:oh hey, i just meant she had the lower range and some power, but no way did i proclaim Agnete's awesomeness. she is UNTOUCHABLE!

Good to know as I didn't want to get into a fistfight with you in Baltimore. Nick would fall over from me huffing and puffing, so it would have only been "mano a chicko"

:mrgreen: :P :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: if you start pogo-ing around again you'll take us all down like bowling pins!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Amon Amarth again, Immortal and Kataklysm. Many other bands I would love to see play on next years but I'm not picky. That would be more than enough to make me happy :D
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Ashamed to say I just checked out Madder Mortem for the first time. They are weird, but in a good way. Not my usual thing but I may get into them. I do see where you are making the vocal comparison. She's good.

Good boy, I'm proud of you. They are almost an aggressive dark metal with Korn influences (in a non shitty way - hard to imagine I know) with a dose of "swing jazz" as an undercurrent. Not really that weird sounding as the description, but they somewhat defy any specific label.

As a vocal guru I'm sure you'll appreciate her range and passion/emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXCr7DR ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfD6lo_7 ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT65gAmIgoo (nice display of ranges)

I'd take 30 power metal bands I don't like if they booked MADDER MORTEM, as irrationale as that seems :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great line from a Youtube poster: Agnete K. is one of the best female vocalists in music...her voice could crush an engine block one minute and fluff a pillow the next. :metalguy:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:51 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Ashamed to say I just checked out Madder Mortem for the first time. They are weird, but in a good way. Not my usual thing but I may get into them. I do see where you are making the vocal comparison. She's good.

Good boy, I'm proud of you. They are almost an aggressive dark metal with Korn influences (in a non shitty way - hard to imagine I know) with a dose of "swing jazz" as an undercurrent. Not really that weird sounding as the description, but they somewhat defy any specific label.

As a vocal guru I'm sure you'll appreciate her range and passion/emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXCr7DR ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfD6lo_7 ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT65gAmIgoo (nice display of ranges)

I'd take 30 power metal bands I don't like if they booked MADDER MORTEM, as irrationale as that seems :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll take you up on that offer!!! Can I pick the power metal bands? :D

Have to say I do like Where Dream & Day Collide quite a bit.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Dump Sonata, add Symphony X.

And someone major, Halford perhaps...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Le Doc
    Wiper

by Le Doc » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi everybody, I'm new here, from France!
    I wish I can do that cruise next year!
    Bands were awesome this year.
    Testament
    Overkill
    Annihilator
    Laaz Rockit
    Patrick Rondat
    Powermad
    Lazarus AD
    Negligence
    Sacred Reich
    Forbidden

welllll.. thrash mletal on board!
    salut l'artiste
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Ooh i forgot to mention one

Doro/Warlock!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Le Doc wrote:Hi everybody, I'm new here, from France!
    I wish I can do that cruise next year!
    Bands were awesome this year.
    Testament
    Overkill
    Annihilator
    Laaz Rockit
    Patrick Rondat
    Powermad
    Lazarus AD
    Negligence
    Sacred Reich
    Forbidden

welllll.. thrash mletal on board!

Bienvenue! we are only allowed to speak english on the forums but i am happy to speak from french with you on the boat - j'ai parle' avec Voivod la semaine derniere!
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:20 pm

MOAR PROG

Seventh Wonder
    Circus Maximus
    Beyond Twilight w/ either Jorn or Kelly Carpenter (it will never happen)
    Any of AAL's projects e.g. Star One, Guilt Machine
    Symphony X
    Mind's Eye
    Pain of Salvation
    Threshold
    Dream Evil
    Serenity
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:43 pm

more prog for sure...but i dunno if i'm into the same prog? and no BIG bands...we didn't need a huge band this year and i don't want one attracting fly by night barely metal peeps in the future

watchtower would be the shiznat.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:51 pm

rhiawiz wrote:more prog for sure...but i dunno if i'm into the same prog? and no BIG bands...we didn't need a huge band this year and i don't want one attracting fly by night barely metal peeps in the future

watchtower would be the shiznat.
    :mrgreen:

+1000 :mrgreen:

And this might make you jealous, but when Control & Resistance came out in 1989, I went to an in store appearance they had on Long Island. Barely anyone showed up, I bought the CD ad they were all excited that someone was buying the CD (as opposed to the cassette), got it signed and saw them live as well.

What happened to the CD I can't remember, but it's no longer in my collection :cry:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:01 pm

These bands would be great on the next cruise.

Overkill!!
    Annihilator
    Mercyful Fate
    Anvil
    Armored Saint
    Kreator
    Metal Church
    MSG
    UFO
    Incantation
    Immolation
    Watain
    Rotting Christ

If any bands were to return I think Saxon, Death Angel, Exodus, Testament and Gamma Ray should play again. They were fun to watch and they all kicked ass.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    DeadAnkh
    Oiler

by DeadAnkh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Last edited by DeadAnkh on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70000 tons of reasons to get my ass there on 2012!!!
    DeadAnkh
    Oiler

by DeadAnkh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:05 pm

DeadAnkh wrote:HOPE THIS THREAT HELPS OUT IN SOME WAY!
    THNKS MR. CRUISE FOR THIS!

TOM CRUISE wrote:Opeth

FUCK THAT!
    YOU READ MY MIND!
    THIS WOULD BE KICK ASS!
    [TO HAVE A BEER WITH MR. ÅKERFELDT... WHAT AM I SAYING? A BEER? BETTER HAVE A FUCKING BARRE! DAMNED... SOME SAY WISHES DO COME TRUE IF YOU ASK THEM TO A STAR... I WILL START FROM TONIGHT... I'M A NERD, I KNOW...] :oops: :oops: :oops:
    DeadAnkh
    Oiler

by DeadAnkh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:05 pm

HOPE THIS THREAT HELPS OUT IN SOME WAY!

TOM CRUISE wrote:Opeth

FUCK THAT!
    YOU READ MY MIND!
    THIS WOULD BE KICK ASS!
    [TO HAVE A BEER WITH MR. ÅKERFELDT... WHAT AM I SAYING? A BEER? BETTER HAVE A FUCKING BARRE! DAMNED... SOME SAY WISHES DO COME TRUE IF YOU ASK THEM TO A STAR... I WILL START FROM TONIGHT... I'M A NERD, I KNOW...] :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • diamond5
    Wiper

by diamond5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Kind Diamond/Merciful Fate
    Goat Whore
    Marduk
    Watain
    Six Feet Under
    Bolt Thrower
    Grave
    Benediction
    Canibal Corpse

I won't be greedy with the rest :D :deathmetal: :metalguy:
  • mouse farts
    Oiler

by mouse farts » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Opeth!!!
    Blood Bath
    Arch Enemy
    Decapitated
    Six Feet Under
    Dimmu Borgir
    Pain
    Hypocrisy

I could keep going!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Well I think those of us that were here for 9-10 months prior to the first go round can vouch that our "suggestions" pretty much had 0 effect on the final lineup. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Bands I'd like to see on the next cruise would include, but are not limited to:

Bloodbath
    Unexpect
    Before The Dawn
    Kamelot
    Hypocrisy
    Grave
    GWAR
    Virgin Black
    Into Eternity
    Eluveitie
    Behemoth/Vesania
    Therion
    Hollenthon
    Obscura
    Augury
    Nightrage
    Satyricon
    ReVamp
    Suspyre
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    DeadAnkh
    Oiler

by DeadAnkh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

ok... let's see...
    OPETH [again and again... promotor MUST notice them hehe]
    Arch Enemy [we need more metal chicks on the boat!]
    Anathema
    Overkill [they were born for this boat!]
    Rage [missed them once, would be nice to have the chance now...]
    Amon Amarth [the same as with Rage...]
    DT [I have the fucking hope that they want a second round....]
    Mayhem
    Behemoth [would be a nice gift for Nergal after all the fucking hell he has gone through...]
    Carcass [if Arch Enemy is going.... why Carcass not?]
    Napalm Death
    Hypocresy
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Avantasia
    Hammerfall
    The Haunted [I think they must be part of this shit!]
    Moonspell [even though I've read they didn't kicked ass this year, I would really like to hear them while being over seas]
    Asmegin
    Kreator
    and what if Robert Plant, Jimmi Page and Roger Waters get on board too? Would be interesting.... at least for me :oops:
    and to see Peter Murphy around would also be nice...
    ok... I'll cut it now... I think I'm going off topic here hehe
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Opeth + Carach Angren (Why does nobody still know who this band is????????)
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

Well I think those of us that were here for 9-10 months prior to the first go round can vouch that our "suggestions" pretty much had 0 effect on the final lineup. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So true it hurts. :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
Locked 1971 posts